Mod Ren'Py Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a non-Steam/v0.9a Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I just got the update, check this post in a second

Sancho1969 that's the Steam push just now.
Check Steam again bud. I noted to the dev that some of the fixes weren't in it, I think he might have pushed a new one quickly before folks DL'd the non-changed version. If you get an auto-update then he pushed one out within the last few minutes or so.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Check Steam again bud. I noted to the dev that some of the fixes weren't in it, I think he might have pushed a new one quickly before folks DL'd the non-changed version. If you get an auto-update then he pushed one out within the last few minutes or so.
Yeah, just got another one, 8MB, check here in a few seconds...

Sancho1969 there ya go...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think there might be some changes from the early eps though. Or my memory is faulty. I mean it's been a very long time since the game came out.
The last update (v0.8-Ch7) had a ton fixes/changes... this one not too much, mainly Ch7. I check every single script file each update, even patches (which is why it takes me a while to even get started) just to be sure. This dev and a few others alert me when something drastic has changed to help isolate, other devs not so much if at all.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
The last update (v0.8-Ch7) had a ton fixes/changes... this one not too much, mainly Ch7. I check every single script file each update, even patches (which is why it takes me a while to even get started) just to be sure. This dev and a few others alert me when something drastic has changed to help isolate, other devs not so much if at all.
How much has the eps 1-4 changed since original drop?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
How much has the eps 1-4 changed since original drop?
Since original Ch4? Hell, basically all of it since there was a RenPy version change when v0.8's update (Ch7) first dropped. If you don't have a solid Ch6+ then just start from scratch as noted in an old mod update here.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Since original Ch4? Hell, basically all of it since there was a RenPy version change when v0.8's update (Ch7) first dropped. If you don't have a solid Ch6+ then just start from scratch as noted in an old mod update here.
I have 0 saves so had to restart and things seem funky from original release.

ch1no

Oct 27, 2018
seems to be a problem with using the exit menu. so i basically load a save game, which loads up fine. but when i press escape to bring up the menu this error shows up every time.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Not variables. The story itself. Seems like a lot of shit has changed.
Nothing drastic from memory... just some tightening of grammaticals and such. No new images to past chapters in the last handful of updates (if ever). The base story in the early chapters is unchanged... again, if memory serves.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Nothing drastic from memory... just some tightening of grammaticals and such. No new images to past chapters in the last handful of updates (if ever). The base story in the early chapters is unchanged... again, if memory serves.
Well, your memory is probably a lot better than mine. Mine was faulty before and the meds just make it worse these days.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Don't forget (see what I did there?), I drink a lot while I code at night so some of my memories might be fake news :ROFLMAO:
Reaction:
:ROFLMAO:

Reply:
I get that. I still think your memory is better than mine even when you've had a shit-ton over your limit.

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
The compressed version seems to have been updated to 0.9a with some bugfix. Does the mod need to be updated again, or should it be fine?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The compressed version seems to have been updated to 0.9a with some bugfix. Does the mod need to be updated again, or should it be fine?
Anything in the VN's 0.9a will be minor since I was in constant communication with the Stoya while I fixed issues on my end. Our fixes may be slightly different but there won't be anything drastic. You'll be fine with the mod. I'll obviously update it in perfect correlation, likely tomorrow morning along with the Steam version of the mod. I'm not going to update the mod every 30 minutes during holiday... there's only 2.5hrs left of it in my time zone so I'm getting my drink on.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Anything in the VN's 0.9a will be minor since I was in constant communication with the Stoya while I fixed issues on my end. Our fixes may be slightly different but there won't be anything drastic. You'll be fine with the mod. I'll obviously update it in perfect correlation, likely tomorrow morning along with the Steam version of the mod. I'm not going to update the mod every 30 minutes during holiday... there's only 2.5hrs left of it in my time zone so I'm getting my drink on.
Shit, so I need to dl 9a before I add the mod?

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes