Mod Ren'Py Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a non-Steam/v0.9a Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I ported the latest Core over and it didn't blow up...
It's alive...mwah ha ha (my evil laugh)
1700634136650.png 1700634123885.png 1700634107994.png

I have to code in manually some new features such as the character side image toggle in SanchoCheats, etc... but at least the port went very smooth.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. I've been up since 0500hrs working on the new content. I have the outline of the ChoiceGuide and SanchoGallery done. This isn't the best time for this VN update to drop since today will be very busy for me due to the imminent holiday. I have to process payroll for my emps since I'm letting them off early today, and I need to make a run for supplies to insure I've got consumables for the extended weekend. This all will eat up about 2-3hrs and that's if my phone doesn't ring off the hook. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Vaftrudner

May 19, 2022
Good morning. I've been up since 0500hrs working on the new content. I have the outline of the ChoiceGuide and SanchoGallery done. This isn't the best time for this VN update to drop since today will be very busy for me due to the imminent holiday. I have to process payroll for my emps since I'm letting them off early today, and I need to make a run for supplies to insure I've got consumables for the extended weekend. This all will eat up about 2-3hrs and that's if my phone doesn't ring off the hook. Thanks in advance for your patience.
Take care of what is needed.
We rather have a longer wait than make you stress out or hold something up that is "real life".
Take care of your self and those that rely on you. We can wait. ;):)

Reactions: Repuci

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Ironic interlude

You lazy bastard 'mericans!
You invent some holiday so you don't have to work, goodfornuthin' new worlders.
We in the old country have to wait until Santa clamps down the chimney for us to have a minute of rest!

Grumble, mumble

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Ironic interlude

You lazy bastard 'mericans!
You invent some holiday so you don't have to work, goodfornuthin' new worlders.
We in the old country have to wait until Santa clamps down the chimney for us to have a minute of rest!

Grumble, mumble
So sorry Sancho, my account was kidnapped.
I do hope my evil twin sister didn't upset you too much.
There's something wrong with her!
24.gif
She stole all my makeup and wigs and tours the net to piss of folks

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, I'm not back in the studio, it was a bit more that my estimated time away... I got a bit carried away in town since I haven't been in a while, but back in the boonies again in the middle of thousands of acres of forest.

There will be a VN update at some point soon as I reached out to the dev team with some issues, and they had already found a few on their own. I'm trying to quickly get through the code so I can bring up any other issues before a VN patch is released... so I'm getting back to it.

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
Okay, I'm not back in the studio, it was a bit more that my estimated time away... I got a bit carried away in town since I haven't been in a while, but back in the boonies again in the middle of thousands of acres of forest.

There will be a VN update at some point soon as I reached out to the dev team with some issues, and they had already found a few on their own. I'm trying to quickly get through the code so I can bring up any other issues before a VN patch is released... so I'm getting back to it.
Well i do hope you had a good Time then :cool: everyone does once in a while, even You.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm still at it folks. I lost 3hrs last night due to a personal phone call that lasted until past midnight, and therefore I woke up late this morning to get started (while prepping some holiday grub of course). I'm now multitasking downstairs in the kitchen and upstairs in the studio, but I'll be sure not to burn anything and to not bork my code at the same time (hopefully).

Here's a new feature teaser for shits & giggles - SideImage toggle. There's over 100 side images in this VN so it took a bit of time to code but it's 100% sorted (since side images are a nuisance to some folks, this feature is for you). It's On by default when starting a new game but it's setting is saved on a per-savefile basis (it's not persistent, but per playthrough).

For those that don't understand what I'm talking about here's some images to explain it. Note that this feature can be toggled On/Off anytime and on the fly... you know I wouldn't half-ass it, right? :ROFLMAO:

Default On (original UI / Sancho'sPreferred):
1700758800803.png 1700758863923.png

Toggled Off (original UI / Sancho'sPreferred):
1700758947817.png 1700758990773.png

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I'm still at it folks. I lost 3hrs last night due to a personal phone call that lasted until past midnight, and therefore I woke up late this morning to get started (while prepping some holiday grub of course). I'm now multitasking downstairs in the kitchen and upstairs in the studio, but I'll be sure not to burn anything and to not bork my code at the same time (hopefully).

Here's a new feature teaser for shits & giggles - SideImage toggle. There's over 100 side images in this VN so it took a bit of time to code but it's 100% sorted (since side images are a nuisance to some folks, this feature is for you). It's On by default when starting a new game but it's setting is saved on a per-savefile basis (it's not persistent, but per playthrough).

For those that don't understand what I'm talking about here's some images to explain it. Note that this feature can be toggled On/Off anytime and on the fly... you know I wouldn't half-ass it, right? :ROFLMAO:

Default On (original UI / Sancho'sPreferred):
View attachment 3112065 View attachment 3112067

Toggled Off (original UI / Sancho'sPreferred):
View attachment 3112070 View attachment 3112071
:ROFLMAO:

1700761555667.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Since Bianca and Lisa are two of my personal faves, they get some special treatment in this update.

I'm extending both of their scenes (compared to the original VN scenes) and also using some other coding trickery to combine variants and minimize choices required within the scenes when viewed within SanchoGallery.

Both of these setups required massive ChoiceGuide coding work to make them fully dynamic (all the information changes dependent on your current playthrough previous choices). Some examples:
1700770243957.png 1700770258110.png

For these specially coded "Extended" versions I made I've labeled them as such within SanchoGallery either via "Extended" or "Ext" (due to text space constraints):
1700770332924.png

When a scene has variants I've consolidated them so that the mod's gallery is more efficient in choosing and aesthetic. An example when selecting the above Lisa scene:
1700770463886.png

None of the above SanchoGallery code will be obvious during normal VN playthrough (except the ChoiceGuide of course), so your experience should be seamless and intuitive... that's the goal anyway.

Speaking of goals, my intent is to get this update done, tested, and pushed public today/tonight at some point... as my personal gift to you CS fans. The non-Steam variant will be pushed first. Other than that I'm still providing bug/issue reports to the dev team as I get to finalizing this Ch8 update.

Regards.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Since Bianca and Lisa are two of my personal faves, they get some special treatment in this update.

I'm extending both of their scenes (compared to the original VN scenes) and also using some other coding trickery to combine variants and minimize choices required within the scenes when viewed within SanchoGallery.

Both of these setups required massive ChoiceGuide coding work to make them fully dynamic (all the information changes dependent on your current playthrough previous choices). Some examples:
View attachment 3112523 View attachment 3112525

For these specially coded "Extended" versions I made I've labeled them as such within SanchoGallery either via "Extended" or "Ext" (due to text space constraints):
View attachment 3112528

When a scene has variants I've consolidated them so that the mod's gallery is more efficient in choosing and aesthetic. An example when selecting the above Lisa scene:
View attachment 3112532

None of the above SanchoGallery code will be obvious during normal VN playthrough (except the ChoiceGuide of course), so your experience should be seamless and intuitive... that's the goal anyway.

Speaking of goals, my intent is to get this update done, tested, and pushed public today/tonight at some point... as my personal gift to you CS fans. The non-Steam variant will be pushed first. Other than that I'm still providing bug/issue reports to the dev team as I get to finalizing this Ch8 update.

Regards.
So, no extra love for Mal in the earlier eps? That makes me sad.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes