Mod Ren'Py Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a non-Steam/v0.9a Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi when I use the Sancho Gallery and change the MC's name it still remains Alex in the replays.
Not anywhere I can find with either version. So, which version (Steam or non-Steam) and what scene. More importantly (since it's basically impossible for your issue to exist if the mod is installed correctly) what else is broken?

Reactions: SevenCostanza

SevenCostanza

Mar 3, 2021
Not anywhere I can find with either version. So, which version (Steam or non-Steam) and what scene. More importantly (since it's basically impossible for your issue to exist if the mod is installed correctly) what else is broken?
Non steam version
Every Scene
Mod is installed correctly
At first it worked properly and the only things that's changed since is I installed win 11.
I'll try re-installing game and mod and see if it fixes.
Thanks!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
the only things that's changed since is I installed win 11
Holy shit! Yeah, that's a bit of a change. I insure you that if you install the VN fresh, then the mod with no shenanigans then it will work just fine. It's already been DL'd thousands of times with no SanchoGallery issue.

Reactions: SevenCostanza

SevenCostanza

Mar 3, 2021
Holy shit! Yeah, that's a bit of a change. I insure you that if you install the VN fresh, then the mod with no shenanigans then it will work just fine. It's already been DL'd thousands of times with no SanchoGallery issue.
Awesome thanks for the help and all the work you do modding and helping the community!

Reactions: Sancho1969

concord72

Mar 30, 2020
LOVE the mod (and all your others!), only issue I have is I have Dialogue text size set to 37, but it reverts back to the default 27 every time I load my save. Everything else works properly. Using the non-steam version (just to be sure, the F95 version of the game is the non-steam, right? Because thats what I have and ive been using the non-steam version of the mod).

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
LOVE the mod (and all your others!), only issue I have is I have Dialogue text size set to 37, but it reverts back to the default 27 every time I load my save. Everything else works properly. Using the non-steam version (just to be sure, the F95 version of the game is the non-steam, right? Because thats what I have and ive been using the non-steam version of the mod).
Hmmm... it shouldn't be doing that and that's likely the VN's default text size. Let me check something...

Edit: I see now. I've changed the way dialogue text renders when loading... and it's in most every SanchoMod now. I'm trying to recall why I reverted back to OEM size on load (and usually 2-4 pnts smaller if SanchoFont is used). There was a really good reason but I'll be damned if I can think of it at the moment. I do know I've always reverted font size during SanchoGallery but after a Load is a rather newer thing. Let me check my archives for notes... probably a few months back.

And to answer the Steam thing... you are either playing the VN via the Steam platform (purchased it via their platform) or you're not.... and you're not, so non-Steam is correct for you.

Last edited:

etheraldaemon

Aug 21, 2020
Hmm I just switched to the steam version this update, installed via steam, downloaded the steam version of the mod and get the following error when I try to start the game

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hmm I just switched to the steam version this update, installed via steam, downloaded the steam version of the mod and get the following error when I try to start the game

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Most likely due to Steam re-verification or updating after you installed the mod. Install the mod again over the existing Steam VN installation. See post here that confirms it. You see, when Steam re-verifies a game or updates then some of the files included with the mod get overwritten by their originals, so reinstallation of the mod will be necessary. Make sense?

Reactions: imzahai

etheraldaemon

Aug 21, 2020
Most likely due to Steam re-verification or updating after you installed the mod. Install the mod again over the existing Steam VN installation. See post here that confirms it. You see, when Steam re-verifies a game or updates then some of the files included with the mod get overwritten by their originals, so reinstallation of the mod will be necessary. Make sense?
Sorry should've mentioned that I saw that, and re-downloaded/installed the mod and I still get the same error unfortunately.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sorry should've mentioned that I saw that, and re-downloaded/installed the mod and I still get the same error unfortunately.
There should be no way then that the error you have is possible. Please insure you have no rpy/rpyc files in the installation folder or any of its subfolders (specifically the game/scripts folder most importantly). If you do find any rpy or rpyc files then delete them... they are not part of the base VN nor the mod.

Otherwise does it do this if you start a new playthrough (for testing purposes)?

etheraldaemon

Aug 21, 2020
There should be no way then that the error you have is possible. Please insure you have no rpy/rpyc files in the installation folder or any of its subfolders (specifically the game/scripts folder most importantly). If you do find any rpy or rpyc files then delete them... they are not part of the base VN nor the mod.

Otherwise does it do this if you start a new playthrough (for testing purposes)?
Ah found out what was causing it. I kept a renamed version of the original scripts.rpa file, deleting that fixed it.

Thank you for the help (and amazing mod)

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ah found out what was causing it. I kept a renamed version of the original scripts.rpa file, deleting that fixed it.

Thank you for the help (and amazing mod)
You can do that, but the renaming must also change the file suffix as well. I use ".disabled" added to the original suffix in my own practice, that way I only have to change file suffixes and never the prefix. Just an FYI.

master861

Nov 4, 2022
Hi sancho frist of all nice mod as always from you but on the menu theme selector non steam version i can only select wild hunt and mallory Jane is not working for me.
And yes it is are fresh install and no orther mods are installed because i see on the left on the start screen sancho mod installed , ah and the sancho volume is not working to bzw has no effect at all.

LoGyMW

Nov 21, 2022
Sancho1969 Found an error in CH8 when i get home with Lisa and i chose ''Are you kidding?'' if i want to go for her sex scene option. Ignoring it skips a part of dialogue where i can chose ''No... the price is too high'' if im in a relationship with Jaye or Mallory which is required to get Achievement #178. So right now this achievement is unobtainable looks like. Put in a save file right at that dialog choice if needed.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/story/chapter8.rpy", line 3806, in <module>
TypeError: If() got an unexpected keyword argument 'smcheevo'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/story/chapter8.rpyc", line 3746, in script
  File "F:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Stone Fox Studios\ChasingSunsets-0.9a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1894, in execute
    item_arguments.append(self.item_arguments[i].evaluate())
  File "F:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Stone Fox Studios\ChasingSunsets-0.9a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 342, in evaluate
    value = renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope)
  File "F:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Stone Fox Studios\ChasingSunsets-0.9a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "F:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Stone Fox Studios\ChasingSunsets-0.9a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Chapter 8 0.9a
Sat Dec 23 04:05:39 2023

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi sancho frist of all nice mod as always from you but on the menu theme selector non steam version i can only select wild hunt and mallory Jane is not working for me.
And yes it is are fresh install and no orther mods are installed because i see on the left on the start screen sancho mod installed , ah and the sancho volume is not working to bzw has no effect at all.
The theme for Mal/Jay is basically identical except the character shown at the main menu. It works on my end and for others so I can't say what's wrong on your end. If you choose Mal then she will be shown on the Main Menu, if you choose Jaye then she will be, etc.

SanchoVolume does work but for selected audio fx. The softer "boing" sound is not affected while all other sfx are (for example the MiniMenu Open/Close sfx is a higher-pitched "click"-type sound that is affected by that volume slider, and the main reason it exists due to a few requests some time ago. For the more subtle and softer sfx used in the mod I did not hook them, as I think they are a necessary effect for the overall mod aesthetic.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Found an error in CH8 when i get home with Lisa and i chose ''Are you kidding?'' if i want to go for her sex scene option. Ignoring it skips a part of dialogue where i can chose ''No... the price is too high'' if im in a relationship with Jaye or Mallory which is required to get Achievement #178. So right now this achievement is unobtainable looks like. Put in a save file right at that dialog choice if needed.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/story/chapter8.rpyc", line 3746, in script
  File "F:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Stone Fox Studios\ChasingSunsets-0.9a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1894, in execute
    item_arguments.append(self.item_arguments[i].evaluate())
  File "F:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Stone Fox Studios\ChasingSunsets-0.9a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 342, in evaluate
    value = renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope)
  File "F:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Stone Fox Studios\ChasingSunsets-0.9a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "F:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Stone Fox Studios\ChasingSunsets-0.9a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Chapter 8 0.9a
Sat Dec 23 04:05:39 2023
Loaded up your save, chose all possible choice options, no issues on my end at all:
The menu choice in question:
1703330633507.png
Next possible menu choice if "price to high" is selected in that save:
1703331111274.png
Next possible menu choice if "I can change your mind" is selected in that save:
1703330646087.png

Both cheevos fire off depending on choice made:
1703331322733.png

I tested via non-Steam since you didn't specify.

Honestly, if you're getting an error exactly:
then you are going to crash throughout the entire VN since I use that dict key ~150 times in the mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoGyMW

LoGyMW

Nov 21, 2022
Loaded up your save, chose all possible choice options, no issues on my end at all:
The menu choice in question:
View attachment 3197802
Next possible menu choice if "price to high" is selected in that save:
View attachment 3197812
Next possible menu choice if "I can change your mind" is selected in that save:
View attachment 3197803

Both cheevos fire off depending on choice made:
View attachment 3197815

I tested via non-Steam since you didn't specify.

Honestly, if you're getting an error exactly:
then you are going to crash throughout the entire VN since I use that dict key ~150 times in the mod.
Hm, yea turns out i didn't put in the latest updated mod probably, i redownloaded the mod and this time it worked fine. Thanx for checking (y)

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes