Mod Ren'Py Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a non-Steam/v0.9a Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

xPandaku

Nov 7, 2021
ok so i know this is for the game modding scene but, sancho can you share the animated witcher jaye background without the menu?

dastryker

Nov 15, 2022
I'm getting an error message when I run the the modded game (non-Steam):

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/features/discord/discordrpc.rpy", line 5, in <module>
ImportError: No module named discord_rpc

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "scripts/features/discord/discordrpc.rpyc", line 1, in script
File "scripts/features/discord/discordrpc.rpyc", line 1, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/features/discord/discordrpc.rpy", line 5, in <module>
ImportError: No module named discord_rpc

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Chapter 6 0.7
Thu Nov 24 09:01:27 2022

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hmmm... Diference? o_0
As stated. If using the Steam version of the VN then use that particular mod. If not using Steam then use the non-Steam version. It's relative to what platform the player is using. You're either using Steam or not. It's binary. Let me know if that doesn't fully explain. Regards.

• Angry
Reactions: Elhemeer
Mar 15, 2021
View attachment 1704500

Overview:
In-game mod for Chasing Sunsets
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** Another debut of SanchoMod Core v6a ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Updated: 11-05-2022
Game/Creator: Chasing Sunsets / Stone Fox Studios /
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v0.7a (non-Steam) & v0.7a (Steam)
Game Version: v0.7a / v0.7a
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

SanchoMod GUI/Features
View attachment 1775170 View attachment 1840467 View attachment 1775172 View attachment 1775173 View attachment 1704517
View attachment 1775175 View attachment 1840469 View attachment 1775178 View attachment 1775179
Dynamic ChoiceGuide
View attachment 1704553 View attachment 1704551 View attachment 1704671 View attachment 1704670
SplitScenes
View attachment 1704563 View attachment 1704562 View attachment 1704561 View attachment 1704560 View attachment 1704559

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
View attachment 1704512

If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

For those few scrub code bandits, please see the fine print below.
Special note to a couple wanna-be hack "modders" out there: I know you're stealing my code for your personal monetary gain. Keep it up and I'll call you out publicly with ample evidence.
Always give credit to the rightful creator, show respect, and don't get your hand stuck in the cookie jar.
thx

Blackice19

Dec 21, 2018
so is the game or mod bugged? cause in chapter 2 after letting sis toss mendez overboard i clearly choose the i wouldve welcomed that jaye love and trust +1 (hug jaye) choice but in the ministat events its still saying the hug is false or didnt happen when i clearly chose it the other options do not mark it as true either so seems impossible to hug jaye in chapter 2 im using non steam versions of the vn and mod

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
so is the game or mod bugged? cause in chapter 2 after letting sis toss mendez overboard i clearly choose the i wouldve welcomed that jaye love and trust +1 (hug jaye) choice but in the ministat events its still saying the hug is false or didnt happen when i clearly chose it the other options do not mark it as true either so seems impossible to hug jaye in chapter 2 im using non steam versions of the vn and mod
No, it's not bugged. To get the cheevo and the event for HuggedJaye you must NOT have chosen "Not my circus, not my monkeys" prior. Any of the three choices above that gives a SubMenu of choices that includes the HuggedJaye choice. Once you make that choice you will receive the cheevo and all other stat updates after Jaye says "Thanks George!".

Blackice19

Dec 21, 2018
No, it's not bugged. To get the cheevo and the event for HuggedJaye you must NOT have chosen "Not my circus, not my monkeys" prior. Any of the three choices above that gives a SubMenu of choices that includes the HuggedJaye choice. Once you make that choice you will receive the cheevo and all other stat updates after Jaye says "Thanks George!".
as you can see i have already made those choices as stated in my 1st post and yet it was not marked true, ive just done a full reinstall and replay up to this point once again making the right choices you have stated and yet as you can see in my screenshots the hug is still false therefore something is wrong as every other event properly marks true or false except this one i picked for the sis to tagteam throw christian off and once again welcomed/reciprocated the hug yet it is still false as if i didnt, i dont know if the game registers the event as true and your mod is not showing it even though its working properly or if this mod just borks it altogether but there wouldnt be a true or false if it cant be turned true and so far i do what you say i should and its not changing from false to true

Last edited:
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
as you can see i have already made those choices as stated in my 1st post and yet it was not marked true, ive just done a full reinstall and replay up to this point once again making the right choices you have stated and yet as you can see in my screenshots the hug is still false therefore something is wrong as every other event properly marks true or false except this one i picked for the sis to tagteam throw christian off and once again welcomed/reciprocated the hug yet it is still false as if i didnt, i dont know if the game registers the event as true and your mod is not showing it even though its working properly or if this mod just borks it altogether but there wouldnt be a true or false if it cant be turned true and so far i do what you say i should and its not changing from false to true
Well, I took a closer look.... you've found a bug in the dev's code, not the mod. Since this one particular variable only alters one line in the Chapter summary (really, it doesn't do anything else at all), both he and I (and absolutely everyone else on the planet) missed noticing this.

Here is the code un-modded (notice the double-equals in the below, it should be a single-equals):

Original code:
Python:
j "Thanks George!"
scene 2yacht106 with dissolve
$ bool030 == True  # This is incorrect, you have found a bug here
Should be:
Python:
j "Thanks George!"
$ bool030 = True  # This is how it is supposed to be and needs to be resolved so it works correctly
I'll notify the developer unless you'd like to. If you do feel free to reference this post, he will realize the issue immediately.

Well done, my apologies for hastily saying it's not bugged, and regards.

Reactions: imzahai

Blackice19

Dec 21, 2018
Well, I took a closer look.... you've found a bug in the dev's code, not the mod. Since this one particular variable only alters one line in the Chapter summary (really, it doesn't do anything else at all), both he and I (and absolutely everyone else on the planet) missed noticing this.

Here is the code un-modded (notice the double-equals in the below, it should be a single-equals):

Original code:
Python:
j "Thanks George!"
$ bool030 == True  # This is incorrect, you have found a bug here
Should be:
Python:
j "Thanks George!"
$ bool030 = True  # This is how it is supposed to be and needs to be resolved so it works correctly
I'll notify the developer unless you'd like to. If you do feel free to reference this post, he will realize the issue immediately.

Well done, my apologies for hastily saying it's not bugged, and regards.
i'll be honest i have no clue how to contact the Dev directly i just happen to notice this cause im a save scummer in games lol and was periodically checking the variables as i was playing because i would like report bugs if they're present but i believe i saw you work closely with them so if you would like to report it its fine by me, i would just like to see it fixed and was also baffled as to how it went unoticed, my intentions weren't to blame you by any means its just usually mods can mess things up and i figured it was maybe just a visual error but i am glad it will be resolved hopefully with the next update since im assuming everyone is missing whatever is tied to that lol

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
So I'm at a bit of an pickle here with this choice as you can probably tell I'm doing a Mal' and Jaye combined playtrough here you know romancing the both of them and because choosing to team up favors Jaye and me also not wanting to miss out on as many points with either I'm not really sure which is the best approach here. screenshot0001.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So I'm at a bit of an pickle here with this choice as you can probably tell I'm doing a Mal' and Jaye combined playtrough here you know romancing the both of them and because choosing to team up favors Jaye and me also not wanting to miss out on as many points with either I'm not really sure which is the best approach here. View attachment 2516184
Bud, that choice tells you specifically which LI it favors... I tell you directly in the ChoiceGuide. How is that an unknown pickle?

Reactions: PaulPanzer83

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
Well you see as this ain't the first time you have encountered my stupidity in your mod threads yeah I can be just a little dumb and not really get what a part of your mod is telling me,Silly silly me...
Sometimes I really do marvel at my high IQ stupidity...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well you see as this ain't the first time you have encountered my stupidity in your mod threads yeah I can be just a little dumb and not really get what a part of your mod is telling me,Silly silly me...
Sometimes I really do marvel at my high IQ stupidity...
I'm not calling you "dumb" bud, I'd never do that... is there something more from those choices I can assist you with? I just don't know exactly what I'm being asked if I'm being honest.

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
I'm not calling you "dumb" bud, I'd never do that... is there something more from those choices I can assist you with? I just don't know exactly what I'm being asked if I'm being honest.
No I know you are not calling me dumb its me who is doing so,But to answer my slightly confusing question what I was pretty much asking when I didn't quite get what favors meant was that I was wondering just how much points I was gonna lose with the other one when choosing one or the other,And I guess to answer that aswell cause I did find out at the end of the chapter I had max trust with Jaye and 1 of from full love with her and 2 from full of both trust and love with Mal'...

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes