Mod Ren'Py Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a non-Steam/v0.9a Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Good question. I'm going to give you a twisted answer you might not expect but I feel is most appropriate.

I've modded tons of games and only release publicly a few. Those few I tried to scatter across various "categories" so more folks with various tastes would hopefully find one VN that's in their wheelhouse that's SanchoMod'd. Personally I have very few "favorites" in reality. I'm going to dodge it just a bit to say it's like movies, books, music, etc. I experience a ton of them (like most folks), many of which I have little issue with but have limited true desert island favorites. The reason for the dodge? Well I think you should maybe look at the mods I have out publicly and pick something that possibly interests YOU... who cares what I like, it's about what you like or maybe have never tried to know if you like it or not.

That's the experience I would hope you have at the end of the day... discovery and enjoyment. I'll leave it up to you to select the "favorites". Kind regards.
f9efb875-8ea7-45a7-9662-14ddd8060bbc_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
SanchoMod Update (v0.07 - Chapter 6)

Go get you some.

Links in the OP and the FAQ post directly under the OP are updated accordingly.

Change log:
  • Updated to latest mod Core code
  • Rewrote the SanchoGallery to include scene filters.
  • SanchoHotKeys (while in-game only) NEW! In addition to the dialogue box's [Alt+ArrowKeys] adjustments you can now toggle the ChoiceGuide On/Off via the "g" key, the popup SanchoStats screen via the "s" key, the MiniStat via the "m" key, and the QuickMenu via the "q" key. Note that these keys are designated lower-case. Upper-case will still perform the standard RenPy features being render adjustment and screenshot respectively.
  • I'm certain there's more but can't remember off the top of my head.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.
Just got caught back up with the Dev, and no problems. Again, thank you so very much for this!!!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI: Imminent VN update is pending. Nothing serious but know it's a thing. I have most of it coded but will wait for final v0.7a before pushing out of course. Stay frosty.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
android version?
Hi bro , is this mod not compatible with joiplay ?.. everytime game got stuck..
Come on y'all, you're killing me here. Just because you're using a phone doesn't mean you can't have tried to read/search the thread, right? Look one page back. I'm working on sorting it out. I get that this post might make me sound like I'm being an asshole but I'm not trying to be, I'm just saying that the info is there already. Say no to TikTok, yes to search :p

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Can you please update the mod for the non steam version to v0.7a?
I will once I know I have correct/final scripts. Stone Fox Studios informed me pre-release of 7a but I don't know if the changes were final or if any changes were made afterwards (there's been a few days in between). I'm working harder right now to protect his direct links which were exposed by a dumbass who doesn't know how to submit supplies. We'll get everything sorted bud. It's mostly extremely minor grammatical/chapter summary edits, a swap to Ch1's achievement bug, and a Tanaka bug in Ch6. Me knowing him he found some other tweaks before release so I want to be certain first.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I will once I know I have correct/final scripts. Stone Fox Studios informed me pre-release of 7a but I don't know if the changes were final or if any changes were made afterwards (there's been a few days in between). I'm working harder right now to protect his direct links which were exposed by a dumbass who doesn't know how to submit supplies. We'll get everything sorted bud. It's mostly extremely minor grammatical/chapter summary edits, a swap to Ch1's achievement bug, and a Tanaka bug in Ch6. Me knowing him he found some other tweaks before release so I want to be certain first.

According to here: https://f95zone.to/threads/game-compression-requests-2-0.32845/post-9321253 only scripts got updated and the update itself is only 4MB

• Haha
Reactions: FAP369ZONE

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Indeed, that's what I said bud. You read my post you replied to, right? Issue is I'm dealing with both Steam and non-Steam... and I'm awaiting confirmation from SFS.
Yeah I guess I misunderstood it, I'm not the brightest in the shed most of the time :(

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah I guess I misunderstood it, I'm not the brightest in the shed most of the time :(
I'm already on the "adult beverages" so don't mind me neither. :ROFLMAO: :p But to be fair y'all don't know I'm waiting on SFS to know if there's anything else I need to know for both versions... since it's only coding changes none of this is technically gamebreaking but I'd rather do it once and not multiple times as I have two other VN's I'm fixing to drop and a couple more updates that are inbound (from what I hear). What I'm getting at is it seems my time will be rather limited yet again this weekend. Regards bud, I truly meant no offense at all... we're all brothers on this ship we sail upon I guess.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I'm already on the "adult beverages" so don't mind me neither. :ROFLMAO: :p But to be fair y'all don't know I'm waiting on SFS to know if there's anything else I need to know for both versions... since it's only coding changes none of this is technically gamebreaking but I'd rather do it once and not multiple times as I have two other VN's I'm fixing to drop and a couple more updates that are inbound (from what I hear). What I'm getting at is it seems my time will be rather limited yet again this weekend. Regards bud, I truly meant no offense at all... we're all brothers on this ship we sail upon I guess.

Oh no none taken whatsoever, it's too early for me to crack open beer, I am a little stoned so sometimes I say and do dumb things.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh no none taken whatsoever, it's too early for me to crack open beer, I am a little stoned so sometimes I say and do dumb things.
Toke 'n toast works too... just sayin. If I don't hear back from him by tonight I'll just port what's here. I know he's pissed (I would be too) so he might have closed the 'net signals for the night. Just know that the changes are all very minor (unless one of your playthroughs is the minority that bugged out w/ Tanaka).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. Survived the tornado outbreak in east Texas last night. Compiling the non-Steam mini-update to v0.7a now. Give me a few minutes please and it'll be done. Regards.

Edit:

SanchoMod Update (v0.07a -non-Steam)

Go get you some.

Change log:
  • Updated to latest version of non-Steam VN
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Good morning. Survived the tornado outbreak in east Texas last night. Compiling the non-Steam mini-update to v0.7a now. Give me a few minutes please and it'll be done. Regards.

Edit:

SanchoMod Update (v0.07a -non-Steam)

Go get you some.

Change log:
  • Updated to latest version of non-Steam VN
The Mega file still says 0.7 ... is that just a label error or did the link go to the wrong place?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The Mega file still says 0.7 ... is that just a label error or did the link go to the wrong place?
Indeed. Both Steam and non-Steam state that due to the dev not updating the version text within the VN. They are both indeed patched to v0.7a, I promise. Usually the dev will update the VN compile text but in this case they didn't... and the file names get produced from some of that data.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Elhemeer:

FWIW here's the initial changelog Stone Fox Studios gave me personally before finalization (so take it with a grain or two of salt). I don't see anything in this currently being private (it was then of course) and sure he'd not have a problem with me placing it in this thread of the mod:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I'm running the Steam version and at the end of chapter 1 I am missing Achievement 28 and 29.
1667771494764.png
After examining the code I discovered that there's a mix-up in the values of the associated variables

OriginalMod
Python:
    if num000 == 4:
        $ unlock_achievement(27,True)
    if num002 == 4:
        $ unlock_achievement(28,True)
    if num001 == 3:
        $ unlock_achievement(29,True)
    if num003 == 3:
        $ unlock_achievement(30,True)
Python:
    if num000 == 4:
    if num002 == 3:
    if num001 == 4:
    if num003 == 3:

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm running the Steam version and at the end of chapter 1 I am missing Achievement 28 and 29.
View attachment 2151895
After examining the code I discovered that there's a mix-up in the values of the associated variables

OriginalMod
Python:
    if num000 == 4:
if num002 == 4:
if num001 == 3:
if num003 == 3:
Python:
    if num000 == 4:
if num002 == 3:
if num001 == 4:
if num003 == 3:
Good evening. Your "Original" is the latest Steam revision that was just recently pushed live by the dev. It's been patched in the non-Steam but that Ch1 bug and the "Tanaka bug" are not in the mod's Steam version yet. Note the date/time of the DL's in the OP... that's your clue always versus the actual base VN update date/times for future reference. Regards.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes