4.60 star(s) 303 Votes

WerewolfSinX

Feb 7, 2021
Canon endings fucking suck just make a kinetic novel if you are going to push one ending over another, but we all know devs won't do that because kinetic stuff doesn't sell.

Have they said what ending for this is canon?
Agreed Joshy, it also just adds arguments and can also hurt sells for upcoming projects, even in tripple a gaming. Best example I refuse to buy the next Mass Effect if the ending I liked most isn't in the game some how. Which is the control ending, but without a doubt the canon ending will be destroy, when Bioware themselves came out after and said before there games don't have a canon, you make your own choices.

Reactions: Joshy92

ZazzyBoi

Mar 23, 2020
Here's the thing. Destroy ending killed the geth, but they're supposed to be the enemies in 4 again? They'd have to have some workaround to make that happen, plus it's the ending that killed EDI and my boy Joker deserves his happy ending.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Here's the thing. Destroy ending killed the geth, but they're supposed to be the enemies in 4 again? They'd have to have some workaround to make that happen, plus it's the ending that killed EDI and my boy Joker deserves his happy ending.
It feels like the wrong forum for this one, but..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Canon endings fucking suck just make a kinetic novel if you are going to push one ending over another, but we all know devs won't do that because kinetic stuff doesn't sell.

Have they said what ending for this is canon?
There is never a canon ending unless it needs to be addressed in the sequel, so it isn't something that we are going to need to worry about until Chasing Even More Sunsets or Chasing Sunsets 2: The Search For David's Gold.

Reactions: sava75

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I mean this game probably shouldn't of had multiple love interests anyways and this is coming from someone who doesn't like Jaye. The game HEAVILY pushes you towards her and the company and if you try steer off that path it pushes you back onto it. It really should of just had Jaye as the single LI and i hope they open it up a bit more in the next game and don't force people onto a specific LI.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
I mean this game probably shouldn't of had multiple love interests anyways and this is coming from someone who doesn't like Jaye. The game HEAVILY pushes you towards her and the company and if you try steer off that path it pushes you back onto it. It really should of just had Jaye as the single LI and i hope they open it up a bit more in the next game and don't force people onto a specific LI.
I never really felt pressured or penalized by NOT romancing Jaye. You can have a positive sibling relationship with her even if you chose Mallory, and you don't have to compete with her for the company if you go that route. So I'm not sure what you mean by "pushes you back onto it".

I pretty strongly disagree with the idea that we're pidgeon-holed into a romance with Jaye. There are two main LIs in the VN and both will have "canon endings". And if Jaye or Mallory were to have post-CS appearances in the next story, the question of who ended up with who will intentionally be left vague if STS handles the cameo well.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
agree, but there is always some pressure for more LIs and lewds... so the dev adds some. But the "canon" story is absolutely of Jaye/MC finding each other again, at least for me, but I'd guess it's true for a lot of others too.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I never really felt pressured or penalized by NOT romancing Jaye. You can have a positive sibling relationship with her even if you chose Mallory, and you don't have to compete with her for the company if you go that route. So I'm not sure what you mean by "pushes you back onto it".
Nope, i'm 100% positive that there we're multiple parts of the game where u HAD to help Jaye with the company even if you wanted your mc to have no interest in it. I specifically remember the first option being something like "jaye can run the company" and then not 30 mins later you have to compete with Jaye.

Reactions: Milton749

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Nope, i'm 100% positive that there we're multiple parts of the game where u HAD to help Jaye with the company even if you wanted your mc to have no interest in it. I specifically remember the first option being something like "jaye can run the company" and then not 30 mins later you have to compete with Jaye.
Yeah, but co-operating with your sister in running a company doesn't mean you have to fuck her. I mean come on :ROFLMAO:

The reunion of Jaye and Alex are an important plot element as is their attraction to each other in their youth, but it doesn't mean that the story only works if Alex romances Jaye, because the story also clearly works if Alex romances Mallory instead.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
agree, but there is always some pressure for more LIs and lewds... so the dev adds some. But the "canon" story is absolutely of Jaye/MC finding each other again, at least for me, but I'd guess it's true for a lot of others too.
Chasing Sunsets begins as a story about two people who fell in love with each other and did not know what to do about it.

I've tried both paths - focus on Mallory (who is a Very endearing, quirky character and easy to love) as well as Jaye.

For me... Fixing my relationship with Jaye and pursuing her romantically is the most satisfying of all the LI relationships in CS.

I recognize that this is not the case for others, but I felt the Alex/Jaye journey, supported by Tara (and even George) was/is my favorite journey in Chasing Sunsets.

This is the first AVN for this dev team and I think they did a Great job.

For Firebreak - their next AVN, I hope that there are at least two LI's who are as compelling in the hopes for their future with the MC as Jaye is for Alex in Chasing Sunsets.

So...IMO... Jaye is the canon LI.

Cheers!! :coffee:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

I pretty strongly disagree with the idea that we're pidgeon-holed into a romance with Jaye. There are two main LIs in the VN and both will have "canon endings". And if Jaye or Mallory were to have post-CS appearances in the next story, the question of who ended up with who will intentionally be left vague if STS handles the cameo well.
You aren't required to have sex with Jaye, no, but the game does struggle with her role if you don't. The MC literally slams a door on her and never really goes back to hash out a fraternal relationship. So you get weird things like the MC letting Mallory propose doing body shots then waiting for Jaye to decline, or Jaye setting up a romantic dinner with the MC for no reason. And unless they finally overhauled it, there are a bunch of times you need to be romancing Jaye to max out your points with Mallory, which is just weird.

So I do think the game has a clear bias in favor of Jaye as at least a short-term romance.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Just caught this posted in a Dev Log for Origin Story:

And just on a slightly ego-boosting tangent, I recently got a message from the dev of Chasing Sunsets, a game I ADORE (as you’ll see in Chapter 4), saying how much he liked Origin Story so far… so I’m still kind of on cloud nine from that one. Whoop whoop!
Might be another Chasing Sunsets crossover on the horizon to watch out for! I did notice Kentyrr in that discord. At the very least it sounds like there's going to be a Chasing Sunsets mention in the upcoming chapter for that VN.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17
4.60 star(s) 303 Votes