VN - Ren'Py - Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a] [Stone Fox Studios]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Snowcrash

Chasing Sunsets [v0.3] [Stone Fox Studios]

This is a good game in technical terms, the renders look great, it tries to focus on the story (even if its kind of cliche) and I appreciated the musical score. The dev is talented and for that I give them props. The sex scenes are kind of short and secondary to the rest of the game (I'd prefer if they were longer or had more animations). Its basically another romantic style chick flick VN where the MC is a sensitive "nice guy" (SIMP LORD) but has the body of a Chad (Alpha Douche) and all the girls (even the ones you haven't met) send nudes to your phone and want to fuck you for no reason. The game rewards you points for being submissive and going along with whatever the girls want and acting like a "gentleman" (sort of). There even is an achievement called "White Knight" (I LOL hard at that). Also at the end of the each chapter you have a Telltale games style overview brief of your "choices" telling you where you stand with the girls. Anyways, its definitely not my style of game (Feels over lewds) but I've noticed these types of games are getting massive ratings in F95 lately (almost no judgment, you like what you like I guess) so I am guessing its going to do very well. Very nice game, but I can't fap to this. :KEK:
    4/5
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Smilerman

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    11/10

Art looks reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally good, story looks good, hope devs are saving animations for later as for now (v0.3) there are none bar few simple ones :)
  3. 4.00 star(s)

MrFriendly

This review only covers the game through chapter 2.

Pros: Great renders, different setting, some interesting characters that you'll either love or hate (or love to hate), and some choices (mostly dialogue). The developers have a story they want to tell which limits how much they will allow the players to make impactful choices.

Cons: No meaningful story altering decisions to make so far, an unnecessary achievement system, and, as of the end of chapter 2 the entire game is built around two love interests (the stepsister being the one the developer's are focusing most of the content on), and a subplot about the family company. I feel the game is currently too linear and forces the MC to reconcile too quickly with the stepsister. As it stands right now Mallory feels like a consolation prize for those who don't like Jaye. YMMV

As of this release the choices in the game come in mostly two flavors:

1) Dialogue choices that influence whether Jaye or Mallory loves/trusts the MC.

2) Whether the MC fucks one of two women at a Ski resort in Aspen, CO.

Unfortunately the player has no input into who the MC has sex with other than the ski resort MILF or virgin, this includes two of the three available sex scenes the MC participates in (they also just happen and don't ask for any player input). This adds to the feeling that the player is having a story told to them instead of experiencing a "choose your own adventure" type of game where the player is "immersed" in the narrative. This is in large part due to the extensive use of flashbacks to tell the story resulting in everything feeling predetermined - such as cuckolding the ski resort owner/friend.

In addition, though the setting is different, a ship docked at an "island paradise", that setting is a constraint which limits the potential for the narrative to expand and to bring in more love interests, if you don't like either of the two currently available within the game then there's nothing here for the player. One can only hope that the time on the yacht is merely an interlude and the story will not dwell too long there. That seems unlikely due to the MC and Jaye being required to complete "tasks" for the family lawyer, George, in order to prove that they are worthy enough to run the pharmaceutical company that their mother owned.

As I stated previously there are only two love interests or "paths through the woods" of this game and, so far, neither of them stands out as a great choice - Jaye is an incredibly jealous and controlling individual who can't seem to handle basic human interactions and Mallory is the "broken" girl that was never loved by anyone and believes she is ugly because of her heterochromia. Everyone else, including two of the women the MC has sex with, are unavailable as love interests - Tara the sister's best friend and "therapeutic" fuck buddy and Fiona - the crazy Italian woman that the MC fucks at the end of the prologue. Though the MC is still in contact with both of them it is made very clear that the sex with Tara was a one time thing, a "Hail Mary", and that Fiona is a sex crazed stalker who breaks into the MC's villa and humps his pillow.

As to the subplot and the tasks that the MC and Jaye will need to complete this update never gets to them, instead Mallory is quickly able to figure out something really important which will surely cause further delay and drama. In the end I don't see how the MC would be the appropriate candidate for taking over the mother's business since he responds to stress by running away. At least Jaye has pursued a degree in medicine and could conceivably have some idea what the mom was doing with her company and research. The MC bummed around the world with a veteran and learned "street" or survival skills, in the long run not the best knowledge base for running a pharma company.

The game has promise but needs to allow the player more choice and provide more options for it to be a truly great game. It currently occupies the landscape of having too many choices to be considered a kinetic novel and not enough choices to make a player feel like they are "part of" the story.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

xerroxi

I just have to Vote, Intro and Ch1 are just to good to not draw some more attention to this stunning work.

As this is just the beginning of a long journey, i hope they could keep the high quality work they provided so far...
    ...scrap that, just threw in some low res art and tell the story ... can't wait ;)
  5. 5.00 star(s)

lovetobehated

Never thought a lewd game could be like that. Amazing storyline so far colud even be movie script quality. Excelent work with the visual section. Really thumbs up for the effort, can't wait to see how the story unfolds further.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Terminator_26F

Cette VN atteint et même dépasse le niveau des meilleures VN de F95. Tout est parfait : les personnages, le déroulement de l'histoire, les rendus, les animations. L'attente des futures mise à jour est un supplice chinois !

This NV reaches and even exceeds the level of the best NVs of F95. Everything is perfect: the characters, the unfolding of the story, the renderings, the animations. The wait for future updates is Chinese torture!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

FunFuntomes

if you embrak on this yourney, you'll never be the same. This is a story about love, emotional growth, traumas and wrong decisions...
    This is a typical case of the player having choices that make sense from a gameplay perspective, but to an attentive reader those are bad choices, and we can only mitigate the damage in the hopes that someday the two main characters, Alex (MC's default name) and Jaye, will finally accept eachother's love. In the meanwhile we're up for an emotional rollercoaster. I didn't sign up for this tearker, but I'll stick till the end t experience the masterfully crafted story, characters and dialogues. Cliche elements have been turned into something fresh and unexpected and choices finally have meaning and aren't there just to make a VN out of a kinetic novel.
    Renders... oh boi oh boi... this is where the game really shines! Each render carries the weight ofemotions described by the text, and some that are only deducible by what the player knows of the characters. Lights, colors, contrast all dance on skillfully posed assets to create renders you just could look at for hours. (expecially Jaye's perfectly shaped and toned body)

I understand this might sound like a fanboy's review, but in reality this is the most objective and critical opinion I ever expressed.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

b0nez

The story captivated me from the start. Relatable decisions made by the characters even if they arent "opitimal". The art is just gorgeous. Some of the best renders out there. A compelling story with choices that actually matter. All in all its in my top 5 of AVNS.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

This is a great game. I like the camera angles the lights the renders and of course girls too. Story is engaging and interesting I really like the narrative. Sex scenes are hot and arousing. I'm looking forward to new updates in the future.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

TMBABY

Great, one of the best vn's ive read in a while, not a lot of options to choose from mostly involving partners, and i wish we had a choice to not cheat on people that are married but other than that its good!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Sylar1234

This game is amazing! The art, music, soundeffects, writing and storytelling create together an awesome experience. And there is already a lot of content for only two updates. I am excited to see where this is going.
    Totally worth at least 1€ per month!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

NorWest

A very good VN/game with interesting characters, excellent renders, no bugs (as I know of) and captivating story. We can fear that we don't like where some characters and story arcs may be heading , but that can hardly be held against the devs as we are only in chapter 1. Time will show!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Kayzee12

This is by far one of the best VN's I've played.. Great Characters, Amazing story, Amazing renders, Good music. The story and writing is out of this world and full of twists and turns. The characters are super alive and that makes you care even more to them. The writing is splendidly put making the player feel the emotions of MC. The game actually feels like you're watching a movie, which also implies that you're just a spectator with very limited choices.

Edit: Version 0.3 review
    Got my mind blown after playing the update.. what a quality update. The story gets more and more engaging and really captures the emotions... And all of that is due to the fantastic writing. Bravo.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2024661

I was captivated. It is tiring to read so many "Wham Bam, thank you, ma'am" stories. I find myself just clicking to get to some other part of many stories in hopes of finding an actual story. This has to be hands down my favorite story I have read on this site. I would have paid money to read this book and would still be reading it at this very moment. When it ended I was left wanting more.

I appreciate your work and the progress of this story. My only hope is it will not take 392 days for the next update.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 581764

Review for v0.2

This one is a hidden gem.I was completely surprised by it which usually doesn't happen nowadays

Pros :
    1) Top notch emotional story in which you can lose yourself in being a part of it
    2) Top notch realistic characters which seem very much alive (hell,even better)
    3) Top notch models and sceneries
    4) Quite long for v0.2 which is still not enough for me (I want more,hehe)
    5) Top notch sounds and music which fits the scenery
    7) Top notch animation and basically top notch everything

Honourable mention:I haven't fully experience the choice system but so far I find it pretty amazing

Cons:
    Not a damn thing which is quite rare
  16. 4.00 star(s)

AlbaGamer82

I would have given this game five stars if the animations were slightly better. That being said the story is excellent the images are excellent and I am left wanting more. I am very interested in seeing where this story goes.

Would recommend 100%
  17. 5.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

I don't recall ever having felt goosebumps as quickly as I just had when starting a game.

It's beautifully written, scripted, and rendered and just an overall great game. There's more than enough content to keep us engaged/intrigued but still manages to balance it out with surprisingly poignant moments

It has all the traits and makings of a true future classic
  18. 5.00 star(s)

TLAMNZ

Beautiful, characters are real, complex, humour, twists, art work is superb, setting and themes keep changing to suit. And the characters shift - as in real life - just like Han Solo! Literary, sophisticated, doesn't insult either the characters' or viewers' intelligence. Frankly, this looks better at this stage than any other visual novel/game I cannot mention :) .

I have to say, I was disappointed when the chapter ended. It was the story and the characters and the positivity I got hooked by, set within a world where people are human and life happens to us - good and bad - as much or more than we make our own reality. And I love that there is always room to grow, and love, and grieve and be redeemed.

Kudos to you two. A philosophical erotic novel. The makings of a true classic.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

sotorojo

I really enjoyed this one so far! The writing is very well done, and the renders of the women are excellent. There are enough choices, and the choices make sense, and do affect the direction of the story. I look forward to further updates.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

foster990

wow im really excited for this one. models are top quality and good story. Awesome start too. Its nice getting a decent sized "prologue" to really get into the MC's story and background! Not sure if i trust Mallory yet or not, or George for that matter.