4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
Overview:
Chasing Sunsets follows the story of step-siblings reconnecting and dealing with the fallout of their parents' unexpected deaths. As the story progresses, they will cooperate (or compete) with each other to discover the secrets of their parents' success in business and in love. The player's choices will determine both how the game ends, and whom he finishes it with. Explore majestic Tonalu Island and the motivations of the tempting ladies encountered along the way...But don't lose sight of what you're there for!​
step-siblings
:cautious:

As if normal brother-sister incest wasn't boring enough. Why does this have the incest tag? And no incest patch to fix it? Step siblings don't count.

Moviebuff3000

Dec 9, 2017
I played this game awhile ago and was hoping for a Linda path to show up eventually but I guess that has never happened considering how the dev just focuses on Jaye and Mallory after 9 Chapters.

ReaperGD

Jul 29, 2020
Getting an error trying to load save file from v0.8a:

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 463, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'O000O00O000OOO0O0' on <renpy.python.StoreModule object at 0x000000004a566640>"

I'm using SonsOLiberty 's compressed version.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Glad to see we Lisa fans finally got a sex scene with her, even tho it was kinda disappointing and too short, IMO. Also, da fuck was that shit with the old fart having a bigger dick than the MC's ?? Didn't get there in my playthrough yet, but saw it when I checked the renders. Are the devs trolling us with a really shitty joke or what ??:rolleyes:

Any "action" with the blonde girl in the new update? Any blonde will do.
There's a 3some scene with Amanda in the last chapter, one with Linda, one with Rikki and one with Tara at the beginning before the MC runs away from home to spend his parents money on useless shit find himself and forget his feelings for Jaye.

Step siblings don't count.
Actually, the game shouldn't have an incest tag at all, cuz the MC and Jaye were never blood related or half-siblings. They were step-siblings cause they're parents got married, and after their death, they're not legally bound by any type of connection whatsoever.

They remind me of this lucky ass dude who married his after their parents got divorced. Can't blame him for that... dat ass I mean, she's irresistible. Bet she's pretty freaky in bed if she got even her step-brother to fall for her.:sneaky::coffee: Trolls lost their shit when they found out, but motherfuckers are just jealous they ain't him. Shit's perfectly legal, same thing goes in our case. The devs went for the step-sibling thing to avoid Pussytreon's and Steam's persecution, not to piss off their fans or something like that.

Reactions: kymico and NukaCola

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Getting an error trying to load save file from v0.8a:

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 463, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'O000O00O000OOO0O0' on <renpy.python.StoreModule object at 0x000000004a566640>"

I'm using SonsOLiberty 's compressed version.
If you used Sancho's mod you have to use the save fixer.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Because them being step siblings is a major part of the story.
Don't get me wrong, I love this game and I love the main plot, and their relationship was extremely well introduced, as to why both are so connected to each other, but step-siblings isn't incest. At least to the point I've played it.

I don't want to start a crusade towards the dev btw, just stating that your answer doesn't apply in this case, even if I love the story and how the connection to each other was introduced. It still has a strong taboo feel, which I still appreciate when I'm playing a game, specially if well written, but it isn't incest.

Anyway, didn't play this game for quite some releases, I might grab this again. I recall this game being extremely good, and I'm confident it won't disapoint me, the quality of the releases has always been top notch.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
why my game still in chapter 8??
It's not, the previous Chapter was 7, this is Chapter 8...

Looks like my Steam version will come later tonight .

A very happy Thanksgiving from the bros at Stone Fox Studios, hopefully setting off your holidays with a bang (or two.)

Chapter 8 has arrived, and the main download links have been updated to the Mega and WeTransfer content distribution networks. The binary is over 6GB now, and we're aware that poses issues for free Mega users.

We are currently messing with the quality/compression sweet spot to try to get the binary below 5GB again.

If you find bugs, please remember to use #bug-reports on the Stone Fox Studios Discord. This channel is open to the public.

For those of you anxiously waiting for the Steam release, that will come today, but it typically takes a few hours longer to get the depots properly set up and validated in addition to the announcement post published.

There have been no Renpy framework update or feature migrations for this update, so hopefully save integrity remains solid.

Download links are posted only to the stickied post to prevent confusion as the link addresses change on short notice for the first day or so after release to maximize bandwidth available to supporters over pirates.

Thanks to each and every one of you for your patience as we began closing off story arcs, exiting characters, and moving the story its, uh...Climax in Chapters 9 and 10!

Happy holidays from Kentyrr and Stoya. We wish the best for all of you and your families as 2023 winds to a close!

This will be the "expansion chapter" since we were unable to close out the Tonalu arc in Chapter 7 as originally planned.

Chapter 9 will pick up where the original Chapter 8 would have opened, in Boston.

The final tally for Chapter 8:

1900 new individual static renders
6 new animations
1 Crossover
22 new original audio tracks
21 new achievements

Chapter 8 was bittersweet for us because we say farewell to a few characters (for now) and the next chapter effectively wraps up the pathing, with the final chapter being more of an epilogue that explores the consequences of the player's cumulative choices.

• Haha
Reactions: keefer43

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
When you actually play it
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Because them being step siblings is a major part of the story.
Actually, the game shouldn't have an incest tag at all, cuz the MC and Jaye were never blood related or half-siblings. They were step-siblings cause they're parents got married, and after their death, they're not legally bound by any type of connection whatsoever.
So which is it, either there's blood-related incest or there's inseki (sex between non-blood relatives). Since the parents are dead (lame), I guess that rules out mother-son or father-daughter incest, the only kind that really matters.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
So which is it, either there's blood-related incest or there's inseki (sex between non-blood relatives). Since the parents are dead (lame), I guess that rules out mother-son or father-daughter incest, the only kind that really matters.
You just have to play it to understand without spoiling the whole reveal.

It says chapter 9?
It says it's v0.9 not chapter 9...

v0.1 was the prologue.

6 new animations
1 Crossover
21 new achievements

but when i played my old save,its still end with the mc dead scene man???:cry:
Note sure, it's new though.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
You just have to play it to understand without spoiling the whole reveal.

It says it's v0.9 not chapter 9...

6 new animations
1 Crossover
21 new achievements
I think it's silly. Like another game. It was listed as one ep/update number, but was actually a different update number, then come to find out it wasn't any of those but a totally different update. :ROFLMAO:

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
You just have to play it to understand without spoiling the whole reveal. Let's just say it's some stuff that is being considered in this day and aga and is being outlawed or done in secret..
I don't care about spoilers, and there's only two things that could be. They were real brother and sister all along (surprise Pikachu face), or someone fucks an aunt, uncle or cousin. Which is about as exciting as room temperature milk on a hot summer day.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I think it's silly. Like another game. It was listed as one ep/update number, but was actually a different update number, then come to find out it wasn't any of those but a totally different update. :ROFLMAO:
Well, v0.1 was the prologue, that's why it's v0.9 for Chapter 8, so there will be v0.10 for Chapter 9, then I do believe there will be a v1.0 for Chapter 10 in the finale.

I don't care about spoilers, and there's only two things that could be. They were real brother and sister all along (surprise Pikachu face), or someone fucks an aunt, uncle or cousin. Which is about as exciting as room temperature milk on a hot summer day.
Some people do care, so here, I will just link this post here, you can read or anyone else if they want to, and it's in spoilers so anyone accidentally going there are shielded.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes