VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Chasing Sunsets [v1.01] [Stone Fox Studios]

1. 5.00 star(s)

FunFuntomes

if you embrak on this yourney, you'll never be the same. This is a story about love, emotional growth, traumas and wrong decisions...
    This is a typical case of the player having choices that make sense from a gameplay perspective, but to an attentive reader those are bad choices, and we can only mitigate the damage in the hopes that someday the two main characters, Alex (MC's default name) and Jaye, will finally accept eachother's love. In the meanwhile we're up for an emotional rollercoaster. I didn't sign up for this tearker, but I'll stick till the end t experience the masterfully crafted story, characters and dialogues. Cliche elements have been turned into something fresh and unexpected and choices finally have meaning and aren't there just to make a VN out of a kinetic novel.
    Renders... oh boi oh boi... this is where the game really shines! Each render carries the weight ofemotions described by the text, and some that are only deducible by what the player knows of the characters. Lights, colors, contrast all dance on skillfully posed assets to create renders you just could look at for hours. (expecially Jaye's perfectly shaped and toned body)

I understand this might sound like a fanboy's review, but in reality this is the most objective and critical opinion I ever expressed.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

b0nez

The story captivated me from the start. Relatable decisions made by the characters even if they arent "opitimal". The art is just gorgeous. Some of the best renders out there. A compelling story with choices that actually matter. All in all its in my top 5 of AVNS.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

This is a great game. I like the camera angles the lights the renders and of course girls too. Story is engaging and interesting I really like the narrative. Sex scenes are hot and arousing. I'm looking forward to new updates in the future.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

TMBABY

Great, one of the best vn's ive read in a while, not a lot of options to choose from mostly involving partners, and i wish we had a choice to not cheat on people that are married but other than that its good!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Sylar1234

This game is amazing! The art, music, soundeffects, writing and storytelling create together an awesome experience. And there is already a lot of content for only two updates. I am excited to see where this is going.
    Totally worth at least 1€ per month!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

NorWest

A very good VN/game with interesting characters, excellent renders, no bugs (as I know of) and captivating story. We can fear that we don't like where some characters and story arcs may be heading , but that can hardly be held against the devs as we are only in chapter 1. Time will show!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Kayzee12

This is by far one of the best VN's I've played.. Great Characters, Amazing story, Amazing renders, Good music. The story and writing is out of this world and full of twists and turns. The characters are super alive and that makes you care even more to them. The writing is splendidly put making the player feel the emotions of MC. The game actually feels like you're watching a movie, which also implies that you're just a spectator with very limited choices.

Edit: Version 0.3 review
    Got my mind blown after playing the update.. what a quality update. The story gets more and more engaging and really captures the emotions... And all of that is due to the fantastic writing. Bravo.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2024661

I was captivated. It is tiring to read so many "Wham Bam, thank you, ma'am" stories. I find myself just clicking to get to some other part of many stories in hopes of finding an actual story. This has to be hands down my favorite story I have read on this site. I would have paid money to read this book and would still be reading it at this very moment. When it ended I was left wanting more.

I appreciate your work and the progress of this story. My only hope is it will not take 392 days for the next update.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 581764

Review for v0.2

This one is a hidden gem.I was completely surprised by it which usually doesn't happen nowadays

Pros :
    1) Top notch emotional story in which you can lose yourself in being a part of it
    2) Top notch realistic characters which seem very much alive (hell,even better)
    3) Top notch models and sceneries
    4) Quite long for v0.2 which is still not enough for me (I want more,hehe)
    5) Top notch sounds and music which fits the scenery
    7) Top notch animation and basically top notch everything

Honourable mention:I haven't fully experience the choice system but so far I find it pretty amazing

Cons:
    Not a damn thing which is quite rare
  10. 4.00 star(s)

AlbaGamer82

I would have given this game five stars if the animations were slightly better. That being said the story is excellent the images are excellent and I am left wanting more. I am very interested in seeing where this story goes.

Would recommend 100%
  11. 5.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

I don't recall ever having felt goosebumps as quickly as I just had when starting a game.

It's beautifully written, scripted, and rendered and just an overall great game. There's more than enough content to keep us engaged/intrigued but still manages to balance it out with surprisingly poignant moments

It has all the traits and makings of a true future classic
  12. 5.00 star(s)

TLAMNZ

Beautiful, characters are real, complex, humour, twists, art work is superb, setting and themes keep changing to suit. And the characters shift - as in real life - just like Han Solo! Literary, sophisticated, doesn't insult either the characters' or viewers' intelligence. Frankly, this looks better at this stage than any other visual novel/game I cannot mention :) .

I have to say, I was disappointed when the chapter ended. It was the story and the characters and the positivity I got hooked by, set within a world where people are human and life happens to us - good and bad - as much or more than we make our own reality. And I love that there is always room to grow, and love, and grieve and be redeemed.

Kudos to you two. A philosophical erotic novel. The makings of a true classic.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

sotorojo

I really enjoyed this one so far! The writing is very well done, and the renders of the women are excellent. There are enough choices, and the choices make sense, and do affect the direction of the story. I look forward to further updates.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

foster990

wow im really excited for this one. models are top quality and good story. Awesome start too. Its nice getting a decent sized "prologue" to really get into the MC's story and background! Not sure if i trust Mallory yet or not, or George for that matter.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

ghosthog

One of the best starts to a game on here. Exceptionally written. MC and LIs are getting developed and have some mystery. Visuals and animations are great quality as well. Others have mentioned relatively few choices but it makes sense for early chapters when developing the main characters. Only choice wish I had was whether to be with Fiona or not. I’d rather error on too few choices though than too many—that seems when games tend to go off the rails because they can’t account for everything.

Minor Cons: MC is a little stupid/immature and that makes sense for the flashbacks, but present day, I hope he and his stepsis would grow from past mistakes and mature a little more. The only real fault I find is a fairly common one in that every girl that meets MC wants to bang him. One or two one night stands to give the audience some fappable scenes is fine, but unless there’s some mystery dna/superpower we’ll find out later (and that is overdone too so hopefully not), it just is too unrealistic in a game that seems to be striving for quality storytelling. At least the LIs appear to be more slow/natural in developing. I'd honestly give this 4.5 stars due to these issues but rather go with 5 than 4 since this game ranks up there close to PhillyGames stuff.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

saolo996

What to say about this? I'm not used to review too much, as most of the times you base your post on what you like so you tend to be not as objective as you should be.
    Story is solid, the dev knows how to tell it, I liked the flashbacks and they helped a lot through the prologue, making it not boring.
    Proceeding it makes you wonder what happened and what will be, not giving you the idea of what to expect.
    That's what I call a good writing, when you just can elaborate theories not being sure of what to expect.
    You slowly enter the inner part of characters, I bet there will be more insights on them.
    Renders are really good, well above the average, and animations too (if you played it don't think about sex scenes just about the phone on the floor after falling, if you are going to play it check it out this moment and you'll get what I mean).
    So far, I rate it 5 stars.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

deckardz2019

This is probably the most well-written and compelling new story I have seen in a long time. Great approach to the prologue with the bar conversation. Excellent renders, characters are familiar models but done in a way that makes them a bit unique, and the angles and dialogue give them their own flair. Although some themes are overused in this genre, and the sex scenes develop rather quickly, it is much better than simple fap material, and the kinks feel real, with potential long-term consequences.
    There is one kiss that I think the MC should be able to choose how to respond, and there are not a whole lot of choices available yet, but I found that I didn't need much more. Super excited for this dev and story to progress.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

lovehate

Well written and engaging plot with a nice graphic and very likeable characters, very promising start! The only thing we can wish is the more often updates but still it is definitely worth your time to try it though it's in early version. Endorsed!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

PaychecksDK

I am just in awe of this first chapter. The renders, the models, the amazing story simply blew my mind. It is all immensely well implemented with the just the right amount heartbreak, laughter and quite frankly sex appeal. I am so going to keep looking out for this and future endeavors
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Jolong22

I guess it's little bit too early for full review but this game looks very good so far. Starting with quality of renders which is very good, could say on the highest segment of the genre. But the biggest point of this game is story and most definetely story telling, which is simply amazing. I love how there is a retrospective combined with multiple timelines and points of view. Plot seems very interesting as well eventhough the game is in early development. My summary is: if the devs keep doing so damn good job, this game has good cards to be one of the best in the genre in my opinion. Totally recommand as this version so far as keep looking after this game in the future. 9/10. [v0.2].