alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
So just finished playing through all my different save files.
1) Throuple playthrough - Mal dumps me, but Jaye offers throuple and I agree, but then only Jaye is in the bar at the end.
2) Mal only playthrough (also Mal and Amanda) - Mal stays with me, Only Mal in the bar. (Makes sense)
3) Jaye only playthrough (NOTE absolutely no shenanigans with Mal) - Jaye offers throuple anyway (why???) - then BOTH Jaye and Mal in the bar at the end??? Why was Mal in the bar too in this ending, but not in the other endings where you accept the throuple offer from Jaye?

The epilogues have got some heavy lifting to do.
For 1 and 3, are you playing with a mod/made some cheat adjustements to love/trust points? cuz this definitely can't happen in the unmodded game.

Oct 9, 2021
How did you get Jaye and Mallory to both be with you? I restarted a playthrough focusing on their points only and I still get Jaye as the primary and Mal decides to cut it off and then it's Jaye solo until the end.
I cant tell you exactly what choices I made in the previous chapters, but I was definately my Jaye only game. This means I wouldn't have done anything sexy with Mal. I wasnt avoiding getting love/trust points with Mal, but I would have made no choices that would have felt like being unfaithful to Jaye. I did however say yes to the potential throuple to Jaye, to see what would happen, and got them both in the bar at the end...

Oct 9, 2021
For 1 and 3, are you playing with a mod/made some cheat adjustements to love/trust points? cuz this definitely can't happen in the unmodded game.
Did have Joker's mod installed, but didnt modify any points... Damnit, now I have to go play an unmodded version to see if that changes things!

Berlioz-7

Jul 17, 2023
I kept the open relationship going till this newest chapter, got all the scenes with Mal and then she broke up with me leaving the cabin. Ended the playthrough with Jaye at the bar.

Reactions: xsikal

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
Did have Joker's mod installed, but didnt modify any points... Damnit, now I have to go play an unmodded version to see if that changes things!
I would imagine it does. I'm playing unmodded and the poly ending only happens when it's supposed to. I have several saves on different paths but one identical to your third description, and I didn't get the poly suggestion by Jaye with this one. It only happens
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aug 15, 2017
This has some really gorgeous women in it, And you do get to have sex with a good share of them. But the game for me was unsatisfying. Because all the girls are just flings, the only 2 girls that matter are Jaye and Mallory. And you only get 1 of them.

At the end of the game there are so many unanswered questions about the other girls. This would have been my favorite game if it had a Harem ending.

Well now that the game is finished, time to find something else.

the ending was meh.
peace
Well, there is a Jaye and Mallory polyamory ending and a Mallory and Amanda throuple ending.

So just finished playing through all my different save files.
1) Throuple playthrough - Mal dumps me, but Jaye offers throuple and I agree, but then only Jaye is in the bar at the end.
2) Mal only playthrough (also Mal and Amanda) - Mal stays with me, Only Mal in the bar. (Makes sense)
3) Jaye only playthrough (NOTE absolutely no shenanigans with Mal) - Jaye offers throuple anyway (why???) - then BOTH Jaye and Mal in the bar at the end??? Why was Mal in the bar too in this ending, but not in the other endings where you accept the throuple offer from Jaye?

The epilogues have got some heavy lifting to do.
The endings all seemed to work correctly for me.

How did you get Jaye and Mallory to both be with you? I restarted a playthrough focusing on their points only and I still get Jaye as the primary and Mal decides to cut it off and then it's Jaye solo until the end.
I don't know if it's required, but I picked an open relationship with Mallory. The following is required:

Choose to be in a committed relationship with Jaye at the resort.
In chapter 9, you need to phone a friend to get Jaye in the John Hopkins program.
In chapter 9, after spending time at the cabin with Mallory, tell her you wish things could be different.
In chapter 9, when you have sex with Jaye, her love score must be 95 or higher (this is probably the hardest part) and Mallory's must be 80 or higher.
If you meet all of those requirements, Jaye will offer a polyamorous relationship option after sex. Say you'll talk to Mallory.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021
I would imagine it does. I'm playing unmodded and the poly ending only happens when it's supposed to. I have several saves on different paths but one identical to your third description, and I didn't get the poly suggestion by Jaye with this one. It only happens
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ok, I just installed an unmodded version, and tabbed quickly through the latest chapter Jaye only save, and yes indeed, she didnt even ask me the throuple question... So yeah just having the Joker mod installed messes it up, DOH!

Reactions: Skylaroo

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Ok, I just installed an unmodded version, and tabbed quickly through the latest chapter Jaye only save, and yes indeed, she didnt even ask me the throuple question... So yeah just having the Joker mod installed messes it up, DOH!
Thank you for confirming this. I wonder if everyone else complaining about the weird ending is also using mod.

MagicMan753

Nov 19, 2021
Honestly with the bad decisions made by the devs on the throuple path and making it only available if you go solo jaye is stupid and makes no sense. This was such a great game, but now part me hates this game, and I personally lost faith in this dev, I don't care anymore for there next game firebreak because of it, cause it feels like more stupid decisions eill be made in that one too and I would of just wasted more of my time.

Amarinth12

Nov 9, 2022
Honestly with the bad decisions made by the devs on the throuple path and making it only available if you go solo jaye is stupid and makes no sense. This was such a great game, but now part me hates this game, and I personally lost faith in this dev, I don't care anymore for there next game firebreak because of it, cause it feels like more stupid decisions eill be made in that one too and I would of just wasted more of my time.
Inb4 hardcore fans flame your post and mass report it

• Haha
Reactions: Xythurr

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Reading all this commentary makes me so glad I dropped this game. I had a bad feeling and Jaye was insufferable to me.
I was thinking about pushing through it when I first saw the complete tag but man am I happy I read the comments first!

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
Well to each his own. To me it actually makes perfect sense and I've explained why earlier. You're perfectly entitled to disagree and dislike how it played out, but ditching the devs and their next game because of how you felt here is nothing short of stupid in my book.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Dev needs to put out a hotfix for that nonsense of a bug. cause that is the most confusion i have ever seen. you go the poly route and end up with 1 girl. you go with a 1 girl route and end up in poly route

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Honestly with the bad decisions made by the devs on the throuple path and making it only available if you go solo jaye is stupid and makes no sense.
It actually makes a lot of sense if you understand the characters involved. Polyamory/throuple can only happen if Jaye wants it because of her initial characteristic (jealousy/possessiveness). If MC and Mallory want it but Jaye doesn't want it, then it can't happen. Jaye is the character that needs convincing to be in polyamory relationship. How to convince her? Be committed to her. Only then she'd feel comfortable and secure enough with her relationship with MC that she would be willing to go into a polyamory relationship.

Had MC just pursued both Jaye and Mallory, what you'd get is Jaye feeling that MC didn't really want to be with her so she'd rather not be in relationship with MC at all.

So basically we need to understand that Jaye's character changed depending on how her relationship with MC is. This is not a game where MC controlled everyone's character and things happened just because MC wanted it to.

I don't care anymore for there next game firebreak because of it
See you in Firebreak thread in 2025, mate. ;)

MagicMan753

Nov 19, 2021
Well to each his own. To me it actually makes perfect sense and I've explained why earlier. You're perfectly entitled to disagree and dislike how it played out, but ditching the devs and their next game because of how you felt here is nothing short of stupid in my book.
I don't think it is stupid at all, just go all in on one girl, then randomly out of the blue that girl will just randomly be ok with a throuple instead of the path of trying an open relationship/ throuple. I would ok with both dumping, then both having solo paths, but to put a throuple in a way that makes no sense is my problem.

Also Another problem in unequal scenes, lets give jaye 1 scene, but mallory gets 3, yeah ok that's cool, love that, just dumb decisions.

So yeah the dev has lost my trust, attention, and everytbing else. Before anyway says you are a pirate you get stuff for free, I am not rich, but I gave a couple months on patreon, so no one can claim I am completely a pirate and have no value or opinion.

4.60 star(s) 321 Votes