Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
This is just so stupid, that the only way to get throuple is to cut mallory romance off 3 chapters earlier. The new update should of have provided a chance to get throuple after commiting to jaye in ch.9 , but I guess not. This game is dumb and stupid, just cut one girl off for a long time and then randomly a throuple path will form out of nowhere. I am so disappointed with how they wrote this game and the dev. I hope there next game fails at this point.
How your text sounded in my head.

View attachment The Muppet Show; Beaker - 'Feelings' (Mee-Mee) (480p_30fps_H264-128kbit_AAC).mp4

Mar 21, 2023
I just started playing this game a couple days ago, so I haven't finished it yet. BUT, I just wanted to drop by this thread to say I love the fact that this game takes place in the same universe as Leap of Faith (and also Bare Witness)! Really enjoying the actual story so far, too. Love the sense of humour shown, and the characters' facial expressions during such scenes as well. (y)

Reactions: TonyMurray

jumpingjaguar15

Oct 1, 2021
I have to say that it damaged Jaye for me a bit. Its just not at all how i perceived her, her being easy peasy up for a throuple and encouraging it just felt wrong to me and annoyed me, this isnt a harem for fucks sake.

Its was just so weird, she finally is with the guy shes in love with her whole life and immediatly wants to share him with other girls (and not just a threesome but a full fledged throuple lol).
Agreed, it feels like chapter 9 was the dev team throwing a bone to the poly pathers like me with the extended Mal scene and surge in Mal points. At that point I just reasoned in my head canon that Jaye and Mal spent a lot of offscreen time bonding, which allowed Jaye to realize a special connection with Mal due to her bubbly personality plus the genetic relation.

Maybe the time Jaye spent growing up without Alex developed her maturity and helped her understand their incestual love can't be contained monogamously. Honestly grabbing at straws here but this game's best feature is definitely its approach to the complexity of incest theme, especially the brother-sister love dynamic

TonyMurray

Formerly 'mintymuz'
Apr 8, 2024
Wasn't this patch supposed to give you the choice to have a poly relationship with Mal and Jaye in the Open relationship path?
No. See below from the devs.
For those of you who felt burned by the outcome of the casual path for the two main LI's, we know we dropped the ball.

While we feel the girls' dissatisfaction with the casual arrangement was adequately telegraphed, we also never provided an offramp for the player to right the ship. That both violates the spirit of our "no gotcha" statement at the beginning of the game, and it's objectively obvious that the result was unduly punitive.

I (Stoya) take ownership for that as the writer, and legitimately felt gut-punched the moment I realized that no escape hatch had been provided. I can only offer my word that it wasn't intentional or malicious, and began planning a fix for this the moment I realized the enormity of the miss.

As such, we are adding a scene to Chapter 9 near the beginning after the Lexi concert. This scene will provide two choices where the player can exercise agency before the girls start making decisions on his behalf.

To be clear, it will NOT add endings that were never planned for, nor does it violate the integrity of the story as planned. I also want to point out that this scene does not exist in a bubble just to change a variable. The fact that this scene occurred will be reflected in other conversations throughout the chapter.

If the player was on a committed path, the scene will offer no stat changes and they have no need to replay. There will just be be some banter and a little more visible bonding between primary characters.

TL;DR This only impacts saves that were on the casual path with Mallory and Jaye.
Also moving Tara as a LI onto the next game makes me thinks the dev is gatekeeping it to that game so Tara fans go and buy that game since I got the feeling she is pretty popular.
I think including her because she is popular, yes, but gatekeeping her, no. I don't think there was ever any intention to have more of Tara in the ending here. A lot of people were expecting an MC/Jaye/Tara throuple, but actually there was never anything to telegraph that. Just because Jaye's best friend (who both Jaye and MC have been intimate with in the past) picked them up from the airport doesn't mean that they're going home to start a relationship together. I don't think Firebreak had anything to do with this.
Honestly the dev had such missed opportunities here to make a massive hit, I really don't understand the rush to move on to the next game either.
Maybe its the inexperience of developing their first game but I feel they dont listen to what people really want.
CS was already winding down and I don't personally feel that there was a rush to get it out of the way so the devs could move on to the next game. I mean, that would be a pretty bad move, because it might lead to people deciding not to give Firebreak a chance if they felt CS was rushed and not given an appropriate ending as a result.

I understand that some people already feel this regardless, but for me, that's because they didn't read the game the way the devs did, and didn't get what they wanted out of it (which won't always happen regardless). That's understandable, as the devs are "in the head" of the characters, so what's easy for them to see might not always be easy for the players to see. I personally can see it from the devs' point of view. I would have gone a different way if it was me writing it, but I still appreciate the way the devs went, as I can see the signs that were there (and the signs that weren't).

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
Because the developers had no intention of the MC being a revengeful asshole to Jaye, and if that's your 'conscience', they didn't want you to continue with their game.
okay, that makes more sense now that you explained it. For the record though, I was messing with as many females in the game as i could until I got bored of the game and deleted everything lol.

Reactions: fox1one

kugelloff

Dec 14, 2023
I'm on the only Jaye path and this trouple stuff isn't my cup of tea. So everything is fine for me and found me happy about that. Keep up the good work devs! (y)(y)(y)

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I did not originally expect the poly path.

I was looking forward to either a Jaye ending or a Mallory ending based on my choices, which I got.

I don't think it is strange for Jaye to be the catalyst for a polyamory relationship with Mallory and the MC.

Who is more likely to persuade Mallory to share the MC?

- the MC, with a guy's motivations for sex

or

- Jaye, who wants all three of them to be happy together and build a new family around the three of them.

Jaye can persuade Mallory that this is okay - and something worth pursuing - because she is the one willing to give up dedicated time with the MC so that Mallory and the MC can also build their relationship.

She can also appeal to the friendship that she and Mallory have been building and that Jaye sees polyamory as a way to make their relationship even stronger.

I don't know what differences the devs assign to a polyamorous versus throuple relationship - if any (I want to say it is more than mere semantics but that is just my conjecture for now).

I think we need to wait for the final release with all the epilogue moments to get clarity here.

IMO - still a great story with characters that resonate with me, and I would have been fine with just the two solo endings - Jaye and Mallory.

Was the polyamory ending or the throuple commentary/ending? (whether they are effectively the same or different) a bridge too far?

I won't know until we have the end of the story, and I am still looking forward to seeing what happens in those epilogue moments.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Reactions: pitao

TonyMurray

Formerly 'mintymuz'
Apr 8, 2024
Just skipping through the game again looking for something and I got back to this scene. Bearing in mind I've not played the other game (yet), I've only just paid enough attention, with enough knowledge, to get this username...
1724580153595.png
Previously, I only figured it must be a cameo when seeing her "actual" face, which otherwise didn't fit. I think that was the first cameo I'd seen that I was aware of, so I didn't know they were a thing prior to this.

4.60 star(s) 322 Votes