DynEggs

Aug 8, 2019
Hi everyone!

We finally finished work on our first update and the game is now in its version 0.15.

To be honest, this update took more time than we expected when we started working on it. We progressed one of the story lines, made 9 new renders and tweaked the whole game backend. Backend work took most of the work hours.

In the meantime, we got our first Patreon ever and this made us pretty happy. Yay! :giggle: All of your comments here are really helpful because all of the feedback and support is what drives us deeper into this damn chasm. It’s cool to hear from people, it’s cool to see what people like and dislike and we think this is the way forward. If you can, of course - do support with it’s pretty cool tiers :D

In order to see new content in this update (there ain’t a lot of it tbh tho :D), Danielle has to get spanked first.

Enjoy!
More is on the way.

Change Log for v0.15:
• Added hide text function
• Added back key function
• NPC’s turn toward the speaker when talked to
• Dialogue system backend complete overhaul
• Various minor bugfixes
• Continued story line for the “spanked” line
• 9 new renders
• New NPC’s

Carlos6464

Aug 27, 2017
Looks interesting, I will take a look.
I like the look of it, a very dark atmosphere.

Just a tip, please try to attach to normal update versioning, on this case 0.1.5 is probably better since 0.15 will mean there were other 14 updates before it.

Reactions: DynEggs

Atlas

Aug 5, 2016
I like the premise which is a woman waking in an unknown environment and trying to puzzle out what is going on. My immediate thought with the doctor and examination is that this is some sort of brain washing facility where the PC will be molded into a sex slave or a bimbo or something. The system of rewards hints that if the player embraces the program, they will get benefits or leave sooner.

My critique is that nothing so far suggests that this needs to be an RPG-maker style game. We walk around slowly, so very slowly, but we can imagine an alternative presentation where the next scene is just presented to us. Think like a Ren'Py game, we go from a series of choices to some exposition to more choices. RPG maker gives a sense of scale with the distances the player must travel. If we are stuck in a building, slowly walking places doesn't do much except expand the time it takes to reach end of content. Similarly, the inventory doesn't do much at the moment.

There is a good idea for a game here. As of right now, there is too little content to evaluate it beyond saying I look forward to seeing what comes next!

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
This game is really skeletal. If you go for the "good girl" path it's over in literally two rooms. The bad girl path runs about 4 rooms. If you want some Patreons you gotta put more effort into it Dev. There are a lot of games on this site and a lot of Patreon accounts. You aren't going to stand out with 10 minutes of gameplay on the second version of the game.

Also, is there a way to make the character move faster than a lethargic turtle?

Arkady

May 15, 2018
I find it quite irritating to have a sprite that doesn't actually look like the MC, and the reason games usually use sprites that are (vaguely) recognizable as the MC is almost certainly that I'm far from alone in this.

So I really hope this sprite that looks like a pony-tailed girl in the bastard love-child of some military jacket and a Hugh Hefner gown, with gloves and wearing red flats (or low heels?), as opposed to any render version of Danielle in the game so far, is just a random placeholder. Because if it's supposed to be a recognizable Danielle, you really need to think about whether players will be seeing that Danielle any time soon and irrespective of path - or whether it is a bad sprite.

DynEggs

Aug 8, 2019
Thanks for the feedback, people!

In the meantime we got our second Patreon and our first Acolyte of the Perverse :D That's pretty much great :D

i cant get any scenes
and there is a bugg when you tell her the doctor did nothing wrong
We reproduced the bug. It's been added to our list of changes for the next version. Thanks for bringing it up!

To get the new scenes try to tell Lavinia to fuck off when you first talk to her - and go from there :)

Just a tip, please try to attach to normal update versioning, on this case 0.1.5 is probably better since 0.15 will mean there were other 14 updates before it.
Yup, we had a little internal misunderstanding regarding version naming at the time of the first release and it kinda escalated from there. Today we talked about maybe even going with chapters instead of versions, but in the end, I think we're going to stick with this general number system for now, just a little more consistent and coherent in the future.

My critique is that nothing so far suggests that this needs to be an RPG-maker style game. We walk around slowly, so very slowly, but we can imagine an alternative presentation where the next scene is just presented to us. Think like a Ren'Py game, we go from a series of choices to some exposition to more choices. RPG maker gives a sense of scale with the distances the player must travel. If we are stuck in a building, slowly walking places doesn't do much except expand the time it takes to reach end of content. Similarly, the inventory doesn't do much at the moment.
This is a good point. We asked ourselves the same question like 10 times already: can this game be ported to Ren'Py without losing any of its functionality? If it can, then there's no point doing it in GameMaker, which is, to be honest, more demanding and time consuming then Ren'Py.
We believe that GM is better suited for our needs and plans at this time though.

This game is really skeletal. If you go for the "good girl" path it's over in literally two rooms. The bad girl path runs about 4 rooms. If you want some Patreons you gotta put more effort into it Dev. There are a lot of games on this site and a lot of Patreon accounts. You aren't going to stand out with 10 minutes of gameplay on the second version of the game.

Also, is there a way to make the character move faster than a lethargic turtle?
Eh, it ain't easy juggling our other jobs and try to wade through Chasm of Sin but we're trying our best to make it work. Feedback and support help us push through :)

Regarding the slow movement... That's been a problem that we wanted to fix for some time now but had some sprite problems... That's also a priority now because it really is a pain in the ass to see her waddle slowly about the level like this.

I find it quite irritating to have a sprite that doesn't actually look like the MC, and the reason games usually use sprites that are (vaguely) recognizable as the MC is almost certainly that I'm far from alone in this.
Good point, but we'll have to see what is realistically doable about it in the near future.

Reactions: Arkady

mercury

Jul 4, 2017
Re: Sprites and Ren'Py

One thing about doing a sprite based game is that if the environments and sprites don't look like the characters or don't reflect the character's status (like WTF is she wearing as a sprite, my character is naked) then it's going to feel much worse than if you had done it in a more VN-like style where you likely never see a character in anything but CGs.

DynEggs

Aug 8, 2019
Hi peoples,

we finished our second update, did some testing, some tweaking and here it is.

Changelog for 0.1.6:

• Changed version naming system (reported by Carlos6464)
• Increased default MC walk speed and added running (shift key) as commented by katmandomo and Atlas
• Solved doctor bug as reported by polpos34
• Progressed on the “sub” line
• Made 24 new renders
• Solved inventory short hair bug

In order to see new content in this update, Danielle has to try to slowly back away from Lavinia in the doctors office when asked to get undressed.

Next up is the "good girl" path and some gameplay mechanics additions in the future.

Enjoy and have fun!

dark_dragon7

Dec 12, 2018
am a sub and i think this is a femdom game? am just wondering what kind of content there will be? am sorry to bother you about it just seems like the game is in early stages like will there be pussy licking ass licking/kissing breast smother/feeding pee/scat (optinal ofc) agein am sorry for bothering you hope that everyone that reads this have a good day and are staying safe :)

Shoopster

Apr 19, 2017
I like where this game is headed, but it does feel like it could benefit from more substantial updates. Depending on the choices you make, it's only really a few minutes long. Even though what's there is pretty high quality, I think you'll struggle to attract an audience when there's not much content yet.

If I could offer some advice, it would be to focus on getting one path (bad girl, for example) developed and put out, before then focusing on the others. Just so your game has some meat to it.

• Red Heart

chabam

Nov 1, 2017
the game is way too short even for a demo i don't know why, but each update seems to me that the devs only put one line of text or one image, it's sucks because I LOVE the style and the theme of this game

DynEggs

Aug 8, 2019
Hi there!

am a sub and i think this is a femdom game? am just wondering what kind of content there will be? am sorry to bother you about it just seems like the game is in early stages like will there be pussy licking ass licking/kissing breast smother/feeding pee/scat (optinal ofc) agein am sorry for bothering you hope that everyone that reads this have a good day and are staying safe :)
Femdom content is present at this time and we plan to implement more.

I like where this game is headed, but it does feel like it could benefit from more substantial updates. Depending on the choices you make, it's only really a few minutes long. Even though what's there is pretty high quality, I think you'll struggle to attract an audience when there's not much content yet.

If I could offer some advice, it would be to focus on getting one path (bad girl, for example) developed and put out, before then focusing on the others. Just so your game has some meat to it.
We talked about your suggestion today. We both agreed that this is a very good idea. Next update will definitely be focused on developing “normal” or “good” line, because we need to develop the “work” mechanics first before we continue with the “sub” or “bad” line any more, but update after that we could start focusing on just one line. We decided to make a poll on the Patreon and let the peoples decide which line to focus on in the future. Thank you for the suggestion! :)

the game is way too short even for a demo i don't know why, but each update seems to me that the devs only put one line of text or one image, it's sucks because I LOVE the style and the theme of this game
We choose only to focus on the LOVE part of your post :D <3
But for real now, yeah, we are writing too much choices into the game I think, so it really multiplies the work with no real advance in story. It's a tradeoff. You can either progress the story faster or have a lot of game choices. We feel this is the right way for now, tho. But that doesn't mean we aren't going to experiment and try different approaches. We like this monstrosity and want it to grow.

I don't like that MC gets her head shaven when I go for spanking option. Perhaps any alternatives?
Maybe her hair grows back in the future :D

thatdork

Dec 2, 2018
Hi there!

Femdom content is present at this time and we plan to implement more.

We talked about your suggestion today. We both agreed that this is a very good idea. Next update will definitely be focused on developing “normal” or “good” line, because we need to develop the “work” mechanics first before we continue with the “sub” or “bad” line any more, but update after that we could start focusing on just one line. We decided to make a poll on the Patreon and let the peoples decide which line to focus on in the future. Thank you for the suggestion! :)

We choose only to focus on the LOVE part of your post :D <3
But for real now, yeah, we are writing too much choices into the game I think, so it really multiplies the work with no real advance in story. It's a tradeoff. You can either progress the story faster or have a lot of game choices. We feel this is the right way for now, tho. But that doesn't mean we aren't going to experiment and try different approaches. We like this monstrosity and want it to grow.

Maybe her hair grows back in the future :D
Would it be possible to have MC get to choose for another punishment option other than shaving? Thank you for your reply

DynEggs

Aug 8, 2019
Hello everybody,

v0.1.7 is up!

In this update, we concentrated on following through with the “good” line so that it catches up to the rest. After consulting with our Patreons we decided to continue with the “bad” line in the future and see where that takes us.

In order to see new story in this update, you should choose the “I am not really sure that I want to undress in front of you” when talking with Lavinia and see where that takes you.

Changelog:

• 83 new renders
  • Progress on the “good” story line

Have fun!