RPGM Completed Ciel and the Den of Lewd Corruption [Final] [Bathworks]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

lucifersbliss

Mar 22, 2018
Really wish people would spend more time talking about the game and less time moaning about the same things on every single thread.

The amount of games i couldnt finish that never got translated, that i can now use MTL for and finish them, is enough to show how much its worth while.

The amount of games with actual translation has increased since the introduction of MTL, so i don't get this sentiment that it reduces the translated games we get either, there's no evidence to this. (i am not saying MTL increased the amount we get, just that there's no evidence that it reduces)

I would like to learn a bit more about the games rather than the same illogical complaints.

Everdistant12

Aug 16, 2017
Really wish people would spend more time talking about the game and less time moaning about the same things on every single thread.

The amount of games i couldnt finish that never got translated, that i can now use MTL for and finish them, is enough to show how much its worth while.

The amount of games with actual translation has increased since the introduction of MTL, so i don't get this sentiment that it reduces the translated games we get either, there's no evidence to this. (i am not saying MTL increased the amount we get, just that there's no evidence that it reduces)

I would like to learn a bit more about the games rather than the same illogical complaints.
It's one thing if the TL is bad, it's another if it doesn't even display properly, which is extremely common for MTL games uploaded to this site. It's like the people posting them don't even test them.

Reactions: Zippix

Doom_

Always tired
Donor
Jun 15, 2021
It's one thing if the TL is bad, it's another if it doesn't even display properly, which is extremely common for MTL games uploaded to this site. It's like the people posting them don't even test them.
Lol that's because they don't there are only two or three good mtl translators I know they normally do small batch translations with deepl or sugoi as well as the engine. Others just use T++ sometimes without the deepl api which means google garbage. Also most mtl translators dont know there way around plugins and rpgm scripts so they mess up a lot of stuff. The worst mtls are just from random sites that uploaded them to make a profit off ads or premium file hosts. Then other people upload them here.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
that is a hard one to batch word wrap :unsure: manually fixing those would take a decade xD
Thanks for your hard work. I know the struggle of translating (or fixing text) as well.

For those times when you get :

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's a DeepL error when it encounters "random Japanese sex noise" like Kya, Kyuh, etc.

The easiest solution would probably be to do a search-replace of multiple Ms and replace them with something like "ah, "

So: Search-replace "mmmm" with "ah, "

It'll get most of the linebreaking HMMMMMMMMs.

It won't be perfect, but it'll look better.

saitemaru

Jul 23, 2017
So your saying just quit MTL and leave 95% of dlsite untranslated?
honestly, personally, my answer is yes
quality over quantity as they say

imagine you find a game with good story and want to translate it only to find out someone else already do a shitty MTL and people are bashing the game because they don't fully understand it
it'd totally drain my motivation
and that's only personal, probably non-profit, translators...
what of company like kagura/manga gamer?
why would they take a risky step to localize a game that already garnered negative reviews because of shitty translation?

Reactions: Alter

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
I've finished the game.
The translation seems not bad.
But the game is not good too. I really like the type of game where we gain bad statues, but here it's so easily avoidable and there is no permanent baste...

Wickedmeadow

Feb 23, 2018
Maybe i'm weird but i have played and enjoyed many games i wouldn't otherwise if there wasnt an MTL for it, i understand it may discourage translators, but does it really? Alot of MTL'ed up games ended up translated by either Kagura or a fan translator, and i believe these games in some cases gathered hype from people having played them and wanting a perfect translation (Celesphonia for one).

As far as i'm concerned i'm grateful to both fan translators and people that convert to MTL and go though the trouble of editing and fixing bugs that might emerge....shoot, even if its unedited mtl, since i am likely to try a game out with it to see if its good.

Reactions: ss6

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Kek?

WTAF am I seeing? Why are peeps ganging up on an MTL'er who actually tries to fix it up to make it better, or at least passable?

Shouldn't said bashing be saved for -nearly all- the other, zero-effort MTLs that may-or-may-not-but-probably-yes break the game one way or another, and arguably give a worse experience than if you spare an hour or two to learn to texthook and MTL yourself, maybe even OCR some ffs, and give a go at it that way?

Just my two cents.

Anyhoo, good luck and thx!

Sep 28, 2018
"- Using machine translation can sometimes often throw
potential problems, please report any bugs / crashes you encounter.
- Please tag any additional genre tags I have missed <3
- I will probably be continuing all the series from this developer so stay tuned! :O "

Please DON'T continue the rest of the series, we beg of you. If you are going to use DeepL unchecked MTL then please don't even bother for the love of god. There is a limit to how much you can fuck things up!

Doom_

Always tired
Donor
Jun 15, 2021
"- Using machine translation can sometimes often throw
potential problems, please report any bugs / crashes you encounter.
- Please tag any additional genre tags I have missed <3
- I will probably be continuing all the series from this developer so stay tuned! :O "

Please DON'T continue the rest of the series, we beg of you. If you are going to use DeepL unchecked MTL then please don't even bother for the love of god. There is a limit to how much you can fuck things up!
Admittedly mtl sucks when compared to a proper translation there's just no way around it. Maybe mtl should be restricted to the translation forum until a proper translation is made. You don't have to read mtl or wait for a translation just learn Japanese and boom problem solved. Also, you have received a translation mtl or not that makes the game understandable and you did not pay for the game nor the translation, why are you complaining? Is it because of some preconceived notion that an mtl will stop a fan translator from sinking weeks to months into giving a game a proper translation. Perhaps it would be demoralizing or it could bring the game to the attention of a translator and they would then translate it. How can you say either way. Personally I have seen no data to support either and I doubt any data will be collected in the near future.

Summary: MTL translations should be left in the Translation forum not put into a game thread. Stop complaining about something you don't pay for or do learn Japanese with that time instead then you don't have to care. There is no data that I am aware of that supports the idea that translators hard pass on games with an mtl.

Gregorian24

Jul 24, 2020
It's better to get MTL translation than it being untranslated and thus you didn't even understand everything.
Of course proper translation is always a better, but rather than whine about it, why don't you just... Translate it yourself?

Imma about to play this game...

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes