Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I'm a bit on the fence here. The game has great visuals as expected, an interesting setting (it reminds a lot of Shadowrun), somewhat intriguing and mysterious story, and optional well made sex scenes.

However, none of the girls really impressed me. They're not bad, they just seem kind of too easy to get. I would like to see the MC having harder times (and no I don't mean that kind of harder). It actually made me opt out of all the sex scenes for this reason in my main playthrough because it's just too early and too easy for me to really enjoy. In my opinion, spending less time on the sex scenes and more time on introducing the characters would have been better for the first release.

So, to get to the point, it's a good game, but I'll wait and see how the story will shape and if any of the characters will have enough depth to win me over. The potential for greatness is there.
While I can clearly see the validity of your point I also speculate on the sex scenes having consequences. The first one might make someone our enemy, while the latest one is taking a bargaining chip from MC

Reactions: Akamari

slammed!

Feb 17, 2018
Ok. i finished game and... it really exceed my expectation Philly Games really up they're(or his i dunno) standards that intro WOW the veins in the eye shows how detailed this game is, smooth UI and the animation is MWAH! this game is full of it. The cons that i can think of is, game requires a lot of memory because of the amount of animation(not bad actually). definitely watching this.

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
Aren't you kind of contradicting yourself with your point though? It's not very reasonable to expect a lot of sexual tension buildup AND a lot of sexual content at one release. Honestly, I found your review very strange.
It's possible to write buildup for a scene by providing a templated relationship context. Like the ex wife in this game. There was tension there that could have been used. There's many ways to write quick tension or add obstacles that make the payoff feel better.

Which is why incest games work, you can buy into the relationship context and obstacles with ease.

Commented earlier though, the tension may come later, could just be my problem with v1s. For now I'm agreeing with you, that the sex was too easy.

Reactions: Akamari

apollo32

Oct 23, 2017
I have not looked at the game yet, but I'm sure it will be wonderful!

I'll check it out right now !! However, I've already seen people talking about the ease of sex ... this is great, but you can not forget the story to complete everything!

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Absolutely brilliant start @Philly_Games, and honestly, I expected nothing less after playing DA, which was absolutely brilliant game, and somehow you managed to improve tremendously!

The atmosphere, the music and the sound effects, and everything from writing to the art (and animations), man, for a noir lover this is what I call heaven, I'm real happy you stuck with the noir genre, that indeed is your forte and we don't have stories of that genre anywhere near enough! :D

Brilliant work man, absolutely brilliant, I'll definitely be keeping a very close eye on the game! :)

I hope that wasn't the only time we got to have some fun with Chandra either, as well as her having an actual role in the story, apart from being like the bright light that calls out to you to and begs you to follow her, which I did of course :p

@Krull When you find the time, would love it if one of the many brilliant fan signatures you'll make, will be of this girl:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
It's possible to write buildup for a scene by providing a templated relationship context. Like the ex wife in this game. There was tension there that could have been used. There's many ways to write quick tension or add obstacles that make the payoff feel better.

Which is why incest games work, you can buy into the relationship context and obstacles with ease.

Commented earlier though, the tension may come later, could just be my problem with v1s. For now I'm agreeing with you, that the sex was too easy.
For me quick tension like that doesn't work. I mean both Chandra and Ellen do have some kind of relationship with the MC, so what you are describing is already there. It's not like he just met them.

Problem is that I, as a player, am uninvested in these characters because I have just met them. This is why I generally dislike wives, girlfriends and the like in games, because devs don't bother to properly introduce them before they go with the action.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Alright guys....for the chastity crowd. I checked and you can 100% play the game so far without sex. All you have to do is be like, "Hey young lady.....what do you think I am? I'm not down for this"....and later on a few times, "please.....let's keep this strictly for business and professional.....I mean, what do you think I am? A piece of meat? A man needs to be courted properly....like by 0.4 or something". Maybe Philly can introduce a chastity point stat and there are special unlocks (or locks) at the end of the game for you....all fully clothed of course.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Glad to see someone else likes Shadowrun almost as much as me.
I've played only Shadowrun Returns on PC, with other games in the backlog. The tabletop unfortunately missed me completely.:)

4.80 star(s) 394 Votes