RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I like Venus a lot. She made me chuckle at first but once she started taking over camera's and pursuing Jake it was obvious she was more than a sex bot. It's borderline Bladerunner shit with the "can a replicant be a real person" but her character has been really well done and progressed nicely.
Yeah the Bladerunner reference did not go unnoticed.
I fully expect/hope Venus to have her own ending after the amount of character development she has shown so far. I can even picture a epilogue where Venus and Jake become partners in the bounty hunting business. :cool::p

I have played all the LI's routes including Victoria's which is why I say with confidence i'll never like her.

She has 1 single moment of regret in Episode 11 when the truth about Caracas comes out to her and what happened but it isn't major regret, it's 1 sentence and a few drops of tears.

It's almost like she forced it to try and get some sympathy from Jake at that moment. He's still bent up over Caracas and not being able to save the child or his wife, it's where he lost everything and right at that moment she seems to play on that.

There are a lot of scenes that show her working against Meredith but not in any way i'd say shows her in a sympathetic light.

The only difference between LI Victoria and normal Victoria is she takes her clothes off for Jake rather than other people and she smiles a bit more.

Even Shanlon has shown a softer side than Victoria has and no i'm not joking.
So she is pretty much unrepented of previous choices in the other routes too?
Then i suppose that Victoria is mostly working against Meredith because she knows her boss is losing it and she doesn't want to be made the scapegoat when shit hits the fan. Now i wouldn't be surprised if even in the love route she stays working at Baynard. :unsure:

About Shanlon i am still unsure. It will all depend on what she does after Jake gives her all info about Baynard.

qdfe

Aug 31, 2020
Chandra's situation in the story is a bit of a shame. She seemed to be a side character who got upgraded to love interest because of her popularity but because of how the story unfolds she basically has very few screen time. Think even Venus got more than her so far.
Yes, I think Chandra deserves more important role in the plot, especially after her long absence. Maybe also some serious conversation, just like MC have with the other LIs and of course a happy path (solo or with Abby, depending on the player choice) Not that she appeared just for something bad happen to her. Well, maybe something will come of it (hopefully not the part about something bad) :cautious:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
my file save don't work. Anyone have a recent file save please?
I last saved when you have to make the final choice in 1.11 and the game crashes whenever I load it. I loaded a previous save and it worked.

My advice: try another save. Check your automatic saves, too.

danlan58

Jan 12, 2020
With the latest Android version I am getting stuck at the very beginning of the game. When entering the player name I can input the name lettering but the game will not accept "Enter" and I cannot continue. How can I get past this? Playing on a Fire HD tablet. Thanks

Badgerlad

Mar 3, 2020
With the latest Android version I am getting stuck at the very beginning of the game. When entering the player name I can input the name lettering but the game will not accept "Enter" and I cannot continue. How can I get past this? Playing on a Fire HD tablet. Thanks
Sounds like a really old Android issue with custom keyboard layouts. Try installing and using gboard.

Reactions: danlan58

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I played through Chapter 12. Alas, that's both my opening statement and gist of my review. I don't hate anything here, but I was expecting something more.

The update is... okay. It has some nice character bits, it has the requisite sex scenes, and it technically advances the plot. But there's very little synergy between those items - they just coexist in the same vicinity; if anything, the story feels like a hinderance to fitting in the sex and character scenes. What little momentum we had from the end of Chapter 11 is squandered as the pieces are moved around the board yet again. The final scene of Chapter 12 reassures us that the end is now at hand, but it's hard to get invested in the moment when the statement is so divorced from the gameplay we experience.

Any further details will probably require spoilers, so let's get to it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So that's my take, make of it what you will.

tl;dr Chapter 12 gives us more of what we like at the expense building towards a satisfying finale.
Mr. ename144 hitting all the sore spots, as usual. In my opinion, the whole 'Book2' it's being a huge disappointment after the brilliant effort made in chapters 1-7, which were 'fucking prime' in terms of both worldbuilding and narrative tension. Back then, everything was well-paced and made sense in the context of the story; now, the game has become an endless hide-and-seek game where the fugitives aren't really trying to hide their constant movements and the alleged ultramegapowerful evil corp seems unable to track them after several weeks despite having all the LAPD's assets at their disposal. In that regard, the suspension of disbelief has been strong in this one ever since the clash at the very beginning of Ch8, but this last chapter is probably the worst offender with that pathetic op against Victoria's place (I know it's not easy for an amateur writer to write a good and believable action scene, but still), and I fear the ultimate clash at Baynard would be another bluff. The feeling of thrill and danger is completely lost despite the text and characters trying to convince us otherwise, as it's obvious that our protagonists aren't going to be caught no matter how stupid their decisions may seem, and god they seem stupid: from our trips to meet Shanlon (and then never take a look at the info she gave us) to this last night's walk to Todd's just because our mighty Ghost now gets antsy when he has to just wait. When you try to rationalize this whole season, it's not that they are good enough to escape from dangerous situations: they create dangerous situations for themselves and still get away from them because their rivals are just dumb. And that's never good news when you aren't aiming for a silly comedy.

I think this is one of those unfortunately common occasions when having just an overarching plot defined but not a closed script in advance is causing a heavy and painful impact on the overall product. The remake of Ch11 last scene that has been included in this Ch12 (in order to have Gloria showing up at the Tech Noir to get the whole group together again, blowing yet another mech in the process) is paramount to this planned-not planned workflow. I can't help but feel that the story has been dragged on a bit aimlessly just to accommodate the required quota of sex encounters, with several similar events (MC goes out because reasons, has sex with someone, then comes back to the current safehouse without any significant progress made to maybe have sex again with some LI, rinse and repeat), and totally anticlimatic solutions after each pretended cliffhanger (I'm looking at you, The Pit, but not only). At this point, I'm sincerely happy, and even relieved, that the game seems to be really close to its end, this time for real.

I'm not going to change my 5 stars rating because it's still a 5 stars experience in the context of this forum, but I do feel it's been a wasted chance to create something really special. And it's especially painful after the magnificent Book 1. COBD never engaged me because of the girls or the sex scenes, and sadly that's basically all there is to it as of now: great cinematics, bombastic chicks, and a mixed bag of love dramas and action scenes. Let's hope it still ends in a proper fashion that could leave a little bit sweeter taste.

4.80 star(s) 397 Votes