VN - Ren'Py - Completed - City of Broken Dreamers [v1.15.0 Ch. 15] [PhillyGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

illusive87

The story is well written with an interesting MC. His past and present work together to give a great sense of his state of mind at all times. The renders are some of the best you'll find in any game. The world this story takes place in feels alive and consistent throughout. And ofcource the great looking girls and lots of actions with them make it fun and... useful for many purposes.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ghostredneck

As i surf through this site finding boring after boring VN's i come across gems i forgot to review...

This is one...

I began Playing Philly Games first title Deprived Awakening when it released on Steam. It was a gritty dark VN with multiple routes, Engaging Characters and story. When i heard about City of Broken Dreamers Coming to Steam, I expected a similar adventure.. But WOW ... Philly Games has improved 100 fold.!!

City of Broken Dreamers tells a fantastic Sci fi / Blade runner style story with deep engaging Characters Beutifully Rendered and Animated, Deep story with multiple paths.. and i have only scratched the surface.

After a few hours of play I highly recommend this VN you will not be disappointed .
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Dexco

It would be hard to give a lower note because of the high quality of the graphics but i don't like this game. Its not ''fun''. Its like he's trying to tell a story...go here go there... but it doesnt make any sense and i never felt into it. sometimes it feel cool with the music and the atmosphere but these moments are really short. The only character that i liked was the doctor but i knew i could not go far with her just because i didn't have the perfect score points or whatever... all the other characters are boring and really bad... The robot prostitute at least is fun...thank god...
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Ithilion

I thought DA was a hard act to follow... playing as far as v1.02 of this one proved just how wrong I was...

In terms of graphics, the game is pretty close to the top among its peers. In terms of story, it counts its peers in the single digits.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

KrystofDayne

Review on v1.02

There's not much to add here that hasn't been said already many times over, so I'll keep it (relatively) short for once.

Basically, this is just fantastic. Easily one of the best adult VNs I've ever played. Everything is just on point here.

Visually, this game is already hard to beat. The renders are flawless with perfect lighting and skin details, basically the works. The models are gorgeous and unique, as are the backgrounds, the animations are great and smooth and not robotic at all, it's just a fantastically beautiful game.

The story then is really fascinating, keeps you in suspense and manages to chug along at a really good pace without overwhelming you with lore. The writing is simply without faults, no annoying typos or anything like that, the characters are all unique and complex and over-all very well written and interesting.

The choices you make have meaning to them and do impact the progression you make with characters without giving you the feeling that you're missing half the game no matter which route you're playing (looking at you, BAΔ).

The sex scenes are also just fantastically hot and occur very regularly so that there's plenty fap material without them feeling out of place or too fast.
    Bonus points for not making the MC a disgusting, pervy, teenage creep.

All in all, I don't know what you're doing if you haven't played this game yet. If you're into adult VNs in any way, then this game is for you. So stop wasting time reading reviews, play it already!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

sadceaser

Here is my review(and it is a very important review):

To whom do I make the check out to?

Thus concludes the review.
    No, really that's it.

I'm not kidding, what more really needs to be said, I will pay them for this.

Now go play the game.

And send them money.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

paijo.tukino

This is the first time I reviewed a game here. Just fnished playing version 0.7 of the game and I have to admit this game has many damn good factors to be a great game. The story is amazing, a very logical science fictions that has very good flows and narratives. The graphics and animations are absolutely fantastic, the render is spectacular with many specific characters drawn in perfection. I think it's definitely the best I have played so far. The sex scenes also fucking great. The music and sounds are very good in creating and supporting the ambience of the game. It's definitely worth 5 stars.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Shuls01

Great story and characters.
    I also think the visuals are amazing and I love the different dialogue options, they feel like they actually make a difference in the story compared to most games that just have the "illusion of choice".
  9. 5.00 star(s)

AlienEDM

Beautiful epic renders and interesting story with RPG mix theme! I feel like in Cyberpunk 2077 game already.

Looks like the developer put some of his passion in the game and that make all difference to make the plot so good.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

mr.criket

A quality game without a doubt!
    It has a large amount of content for each update, to start being this something essential.
    Now delving into the story, I can say that it is very good, as it always has its little cliches but nothing to worry about.
    The game system is easy, based on options, which I personally love as it gives more time to appreciate all the other aspects of the game without worrying about other things.
    The renders are of high quality which is appreciated as you can see the effort behind each scene.
    I honestly do not think I find a real point that I do not like, in general it is a very solid delivery in all its aspects which is rounded off in a game that you must surely play and enjoy :)
  11. 5.00 star(s)

MadLad Nomad

I''m genuinely loving this game, The Visual graphics and Animations especially the Skin Elasticity is some next level stuff, the soundtrack is amazing as well...
    My only hope and want is that we don't and never get any NTR/Cuck scenes especially involving any love interests for the MC, i really want there to be a Harem like ending because honestly after all the work put into each and everyone of the girl's in this game i can't possibly Choose one or 2 girls to be faithful to... i must have a Happy ending them all together by the games ending, the story and backstories are some gripping stuff.

if the Dev see's this PLEASE please Don't break my heart mate, let me keep them all. I'm not expecting a Harem Marriage pregnancy ending like Sisterly Lust i mean I'd love that but just let it be possible to smash all girls and keep them all at the end with NO NTR/Cuck contnent.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Lamphead

If you browse F95 then PhillyGames/City of Broken Dreamers is a must try. An obvious 5 stars but let's break it down.

Firstly the plot. There is a lot of care to characterize each person and define the relationship between characters. Choices matter primarily from the standpoint of accumulating relationship points with the characters. Now the way in which the game defines the world will be polarizing to some: this is a sci-fi alternate universe and some of the things and concepts are foreign. A good amount of people are probably invested and there is a optional glossary but the game will literally spell out some of these sci-fi elements when, just in my opinion, it could have been left to the viewer's imagination and been less heavy on the words. (otherwise I have nothing but the highest praise for the writing)

The irony is that in the end, this is some of the best world building anywhere. For me it's not just the writing, it's the gorgeous visuals, the tone it sets, the music. Things are technologically advanced but grimy, things are bought and sold without much care for ethics. That matters in this game where sex is really prevalent. You've got characters that just do it without care and live in this morally corrupt environment but also some conservative characters. So it's not really the technical concepts like the content in the glossary that do it for me, but rather the more subtle elements of world building that do it for me.

To emphasize again the visuals, you won't find a game that has better visuals than this..the stills are some of my favorites anywhere and the animations are very good too.

Regardless of whether or not you're a fan of themes in this game (sci-fi, depravity, corruption), this is objectively one of the top games on the site when you factor in scope, quality of visuals, storytelling, etc...can't miss it.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

flosliwa

This is an absolute masterpiece ! I'm not used to review games but first time I did it was for Acting Lessons that really blown me away... I like engaging stories and this one is by far, one of the best you could find on this site.
    And how would it be possible to speak about this game without focusing on its atmophere, simply unique ! This Blade Runner style universe looks so credible !
    Characters are awesome, looks, background and that points to the storytelling which is simply perfect in my opinion.
    Simply can't wait for next chapter !
  14. 5.00 star(s)

8bitKink

After playing the previous game of PhillyGames i had high expectations for this one and im so glad to say im not disappointed.
    The writing is excellent, the story and setting engaging and unique, characters memorable with actual developed personalities, all that combined with great renders and animations this game sincerely earns 5 star rating. Thats just my two cents
  15. 5.00 star(s)

teengolem

This game is the best game ive played without a doubt. The story is amazing , characters are really well rendered and the animations especially are just WOW. Looking forward to more. Best game by far (y) 10/10
  16. 4.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

Based on v0.7.0
    To be honest, this game is just not my thing and I doubt I will continue playing it, but that does not mean I don't appreciate it for what it is.

Pros:
    Awesome models. All the visuals are really well done. The Dev has taken a lot of time to come up with some good models, but more importantly, they are nicely rendered and produced.

Best sci-fi themed game out there. Based on this alone, I should have really enjoyed it. The story is well written and the transitions from scene to scene are really well done. It is a take on Blade Runner but not in a bad way. Plenty of originality to separate it.

Good fapping content with only a little bit of "hmmm... how did that happen".

I really liked that I could help control the sex scenes. Being able to choose some of the action was nice.

Cons:
    WTH is going on? I had no idea what was happening. There is very little exposition on why there are ghosts. Also, not sure what or who the "augmented" are... I get that you are supposed to piece some of that together along the way but trying to figure that out took me out of the story.

Not a fan of the MC. He can go from being a total dick to all the bad guys and the women and then suddenly he can be a mushy softy with the Doc. I enjoyed playing the dick... it's not often in these games when you can tell your "management" to go f' themselves. I just found it odd there were no dialogue penalties later when I was with the Doc.

At the end of the day, however, the story just didn't grab me and I didn't feel like plodding through the story to get to the good parts. Just because it's not my thing, however, doesn't mean I need to give the game a bad rating. The hard work on the part of the Dev is obvious and should be recognized.

Nice job.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Dr.Jan Itor

So to the people reading this.This is one of the easiest 5 stars review I have ever given.Everything from the art to the story line and characters is wrapped up in a beautiful cohesion.There are so few games of this variety that can really accomplish the goal of making you care about the cast and what will happen to them.Even fewer of those will give you the opportunity to make important choices that will directly influence the destiny of the non playable characters.You better believe the overview when you read that everyone have their crosses to bear and that every npc is a beautifully packaged story to which you can relate to.Not to mention the fact that you will find sexual content secondary in relation to to the main plot(well at least I have,and I wont speak for others...but well once you play it you will know what Im talking about. :) ) .I will add a tiny weeny spoilers regarding this plot:choose carefully and really think about the consequences of not keeping it in "your pants". :D PhillyGames thank you for your beautiful work in both Depraved Awakening and this beauty of a game.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

predatorphamtom

an incredible story some top characters and best of all is that it unfolds in a cyberpunk universe nothing better than this in truth my respects for this great story and without a doubt the best characters that Kate and Victoria have ever known.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

letsdothisthing

Without a doubt, one of the best VN's on the site. For me, it's always all about the story. This author delivers. As if that weren't enough, you've got excellent customized 3DCG characters with very high quality assets (pun intended), stunning visuals with very well done scenery. Animations that are some of the best I've seen in a VN.

Forgot to mention: the music. Authors don't use [good] music enough, but it helps the story be a more immersive experience than simply reading a book. The music here is very well chosen for the specific points. None of it is annoying or "too noticeable."
  20. B
    3.00 star(s)

bob_johnson_

There's a point where lewd games just have too much story. You see, I'm not playing a lewd game to get a great, complex, and engaging story. If I wanted that, I'd play an actual RPG game with an actual story. We play lewd games for the sex scenes and the story that goes along is only supposed to make those richer. Light story, funny or sexy characters. Not politics, mystery and darker themes. The artwork here is really top-notch, but I think the creator and overboard with the story, putting way too much stuff into it. No, I don't want branching paths that lock a sex scene and make me have different save files in order to get all the sex scenes. Also, the attempt at making deep lore and characters is laughable. The creator should really keep in mind that this is a lewd game.