Unity Completed Claire's Adventure [v1.0.2] [RipeBananaGames]

3.10 star(s) 10 Votes

Envyi

Feb 12, 2019
Now that's listening to your fans, awesome Patch! I think that pretty much tackles all my issues with this game.

So... Claires Adventure 2 by any chance? :D

Ripe Banana Games

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
Now that's listening to your fans, awesome Patch! I think that pretty much tackles all my issues with this game.

So... Claires Adventure 2 by any chance? :D
Not sure, is there much of a market for uniquely crafted games and mechanics around here?

gdrocker

Nov 17, 2018
Not sure, is there much of a market for uniquely crafted games and mechanics around here?
Like I've said before, my main gripe is either the sprites / models are so small in-game, or the CGs are so zoomed in or oddly framed that you can't really take stock of and admire the character.

That said, if you could get help in making an actually 3D, third-person adventure game in the same vein, maybe one with even more character customization options (i.e.: different boots, binders / cuffs, clamps, gags, etc) that you either earn or unlock by buying in-game / doing various tasks, I'm certain people would show interest. Some examples of purchasable / unlockable items could be:
  • pony-themed hoof boots, a plumed bit-gag harness, and/or a horse-tail butt plug for doing ponygirl package deliveries;
  • a serving tray with chains that clamp to the nipples if you agree to deliver food to customers across town;
  • enlist with the Super Sluts to receive a set of eight-point cuffs (wrists, elbows, thighs and ankles) and a bondage belt as your "official" superhero costume;
  • earn various types of nipple clamps / chains / piercings for doing work with the Stiff Nipple Agency; or
  • maybe turn the quest for the phallic artifact into a stealth mission where you have to search people's gardens and remain undetected while wearing clamps with bells on your nipples and/or clit that give your position away.
You could even tweak dialogue options in-game by what gag you're forced to wear—a bit or ball gag would slur your words, while a muzzle or dildo gag would be more effective at muting you (and making you more susceptible to getting tormented / toyed with). The options are limitless; it just requires the talent and diligence to realize it... though I think my ideas are a bit too big for any one person to pull off alone.

Ripe Banana Games

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
Same thing here. Got 11 bucks, but can't buy anything. The button with the burger becomes bright, but nothing happens.
Does it look normal? Like, does it fit the screen normally? What resolution are you playing on?

Were you able to buy anything ever at the restaurant?

Maybe you can send me a log?

ZSK16B

Jun 18, 2018
Does it look normal? Like, does it fit the screen normally? What resolution are you playing on?

Were you able to buy anything ever at the restaurant?

Maybe you can send me a log?
Everything looks normal, fits the screen (1024x576, medium quality, windowed).

I wasn't able to buy anything from the restaurant.

No log file found, sorry.

UPD. Maybe you'd add a "Buy" button someday, so the logic would be: check the thing you want to buy->press "Buy"?

Ripe Banana Games

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
Everything looks normal, fits the screen (1024x576, medium quality, windowed).

I wasn't able to buy anything from the restaurant.

No log file found, sorry.

UPD. Maybe you'd add a "Buy" button someday, so the logic would be: check the thing you want to buy->press "Buy"?
What region are you from? Do you have the $ ?

Here's what I can deduce.

The fact that the button 'lights up' when you hover over it means that you are interacting with the button. - The event system is catching the mouse over event, I.E., the raycast to the canvas is working and is not being impeded by some other UI raycast.

Also, since the dimensions look correct and I double checked the canvas is should scale to screen size no problem, the resolution should also not be a problem.

So, it must be the function itself.

What I'm doing is basically sending a string from the game object to a function that parses out an array using the $ character.

1601805557793.png

But, it occurs to me that if you are in a region that doesn't have the $ as a native character, maybe that's the issue...

Does the menu look like this with the $ character?

1601805652979.png

unariset

Oct 22, 2017
When I try to buy something, I have this error in the logs:

Code:
FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
  at System.Number.ParseSingle (System.String value, System.Globalization.NumberStyles options, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo numfmt) [0x00083] in <a6266edc72ee4a578659208aefcdd5e1>:0
  at System.Single.Parse (System.String s, System.Globalization.NumberStyles style, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info) [0x00000] in <a6266edc72ee4a578659208aefcdd5e1>:0
  at System.Single.Parse (System.String s) [0x0000b] in <a6266edc72ee4a578659208aefcdd5e1>:0
  at RenderManager.SetFoodItemName (UnityEngine.GameObject go) [0x00030] in <fd37089ca5a04a309f69964b260e7bfd>:0
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`1[T1].Invoke (T1 args0) [0x00011] in <f2d9bfd81cd243c587e2f9b06b7a4c89>:0
  at UnityEngine.Events.CachedInvokableCall`1[T].Invoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00001] in <f2d9bfd81cd243c587e2f9b06b7a4c89>:0
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x0006e] in <f2d9bfd81cd243c587e2f9b06b7a4c89>:0
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00027] in <9bb8f6e40006490da4518a3cf5afe42e>:0
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00011] in <9bb8f6e40006490da4518a3cf5afe42e>:0
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00008] in <9bb8f6e40006490da4518a3cf5afe42e>:0
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) [0x00070] in <9bb8f6e40006490da4518a3cf5afe42e>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ReleaseMouse(PointerEventData, GameObject)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
My region uses the ',' character as the decimal separator. I tried to change my windows settings but that doesn’t work. Something reset the current locale after the game start: when I start a new game, it displays “$0.00” but if I get some moneys, it changes to “$5,00”.

Ripe Banana Games

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
When I try to buy something, I have this error in the logs:

My region uses the ',' character as the decimal separator. I tried to change my windows settings but that doesn’t work. Something reset the current locale after the game start: when I start a new game, it displays “$0.00” but if I get some moneys, it changes to “$5,00”.
Okay, thanks, I think that answers it then. The reason that only some people are getting this issue is that it must have to do with regional currency and decimal formatting. - I'll have to keep this in mind in the future.

I think what I'll do is just simplify the whole thing so it doesn't try to fuck around with currency stuff at all and that should fix it.

pasek

Jun 15, 2018
I can't buy anythind from the bar :(

I really like and enjoy that game but I can't finish it because of that :(
1920x1080p resolution if it helps

Last edited:
3.10 star(s) 10 Votes