Clarification of NTR/Netorare

Ying Ko

Jun 16, 2018
Question for the chief dudes

I'm not a big fan of this tag, and I usually filter out games with it.

So, I started the game, and the LI is having sex with another woman. By definition, that's also NTR/Netorare. I didn't like that I ended up with a game featuring NTR/Netorare, even though I filtered it out, so I reported it to have the tag added, but my request was denied.

So if the LI sleeps with another man, it's NTR/Netorare and the tag is added, but if the LI sleeps with another woman, it's not NTR/Netorare? :unsure:
Classic rookie mistake. For future reference don't rely on the terms NTR and love interest, simply ask will the female characters have sexual contact with other males, or in your case others.

Reactions: M0narh

tretch95

Nov 5, 2022
The site seems to have a lot of moderators. Reporting just about anything is like a tombola.

And they have huge double standards to begin with. There are games where no female looks younger than 21, but it gets the "loli" tag because one of them has a natural straight waistline and small breasts. Then there are games where the male MC looks like legit 10, but it doesn't get the "shota" tag.

Evidently, some of the uploaders / moderators have a huge NTR / swinger / voyeur fetish. So wether a game gets the tag or not is more like a dice roll.

Why? Because if the uploader enjoys the in-game role of watching others having sex, he isn't going to consider it as NTR - regarding the "jealousy" part.

Reactions: M0narh

M0narh

May 20, 2024
Classic rookie mistake. For future reference don't rely on the terms NTR and love interest, simply ask will the female characters have sexual contact with other males, or in your case others.
The site seems to have a lot of moderators. Reporting just about anything is like a tombola.
I've realized that already. They're just hypocrites. But asking in the comments isn't a great idea either, you might trigger some local lunatic or other crazies.

https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2024-01-29.10394/
  • Voyeurism [Spying on people engaged in sexual behavior including stripping.]
View attachment 3760010
Yeah, but voyeurism can be different, or it's just peeping how someone is changing or masturbating.
So this tag alone doesn't convey all the details. With that logic, you might as well add just one tag, 'sex,' to all games and skip all the other tags.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
Yeah, but voyeurism can be different, or it's just peeping how someone is changing or masturbating.
So this tag alone doesn't convey all the details. With that logic, you might as well add just one tag, 'sex,' to all games and skip all the other tags.
people engaged in sexual behavior

M0narh

May 20, 2024
people engaged in sexual behavior
There are games with voyeurism tag and in which there is nothing related to ntr. There are games that have both voyeurism tag and ntr. Both tags do not exclude each other, but complement each other when it's necessary.

Whenever there are such arguments, all simply because the mods are too proud to admit that something is wrong, and descriptions of the tag ntr need to be supplemented, or come up with another tag that will describe such scenes. Without gray areas.

So that the "linguist" doesn't show up later and say "this tag doesn't fit".

There's no smoke without fire. Okay if it was only a couple of people who don't like these situations(again, the problem is not that the game has NTR, the developers are free to make their games as they want, the problem is mistaging). There are people who don't like it, and dismissing such people as "don't whine" is not a solution.

• Haha
Reactions: Powerbabe

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
Again.... you asked

We are forced to watch other characters have sex and the mc doesn't participate. Is there such a tag? -No.
Your answer is incorrect, the answer is yes - voyeurism

spying on people engaged in sexual behavior that are not the MC

In that scene the MC is a voyeur watching other people engage in sexual behavior i.e. voyeurism

and dismissing such people as "don't whine" is not a solution.
don't play it then, better?

Reactions: Powerbabe

Powerbabe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2018
There are games with voyeurism tag and in which there is nothing related to ntr. There are games that have both voyeurism tag and ntr. Both tags do not exclude each other, but complement each other when it's necessary.

Whenever there are such arguments, all simply because the mods are too proud to admit that something is wrong, and descriptions of the tag ntr need to be supplemented, or come up with another tag that will describe such scenes. Without gray areas.

So that the "linguist" doesn't show up later and say "this tag doesn't fit".

There's no smoke without fire. Okay if it was only a couple of people who don't like these situations(again, the problem is not that the game has NTR, the developers are free to make their games as they want, the problem is mistaging). There are people who don't like it, and dismissing such people as "don't whine" is not a solution.
Stop It.gif

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
And it will be this with the tag revamp that's comming soon (tm).
View attachment 3757163
I vote we stop bringing up the tag revamp. It's not going to happen any time soon. If ever. It's a "let's bring this up to shut people up" term at best these days.

And just to chime in on the original post. Did the OP ever give any context on what game/situation he was talking about? Was it a future LI that had a significant other prior to them meeting? So far it just looks like this has just been people trolling him for 3 pages. Either way, rather humorous.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I vote we stop bringing up the tag revamp. It's not going to happen any time soon. If ever. It's a "let's bring this up to shut people up" term at best these days.

And just to chime in on the original post. Did the OP ever give any context on what game/situation he was talking about? Was it a future LI that had a significant other prior to them meeting? So far it just looks like this has just been people trolling him for 3 pages. Either way, rather humorous.
OP didn't mention the game, which is probably better anyways, as linking games in whine threads can leads to brigading.

But I mean, their posts is a textbook example of NTRphobic hysteria. "Ohhh noo, I thought all females were mine, how can they have sexual partners before dating me? I should be warned about such traumatic pixels."

If the dev actually is using that scene to set up an NTR themed subplot where the MC feels jealous and insecure or whatever (perhaps it was his crush and he feels really bad seeing this), then by all means, tag it. But if it's like a situation where MC stumbles into a room where his new college roommate is having lesbian sex, what is the natural response of normal dudes? They either think it's hot and/or respect her privacy and close the door. The fact that some player feels cucked for the MC makes absolutely no difference to the intent or theme of that scene.

M0narh

May 20, 2024
Again.... you asked

Your answer is incorrect, the answer is yes - voyeurism

spying on people engaged in sexual behavior that are not the MC

In that scene the MC is a voyeur watching other people engage in sexual behavior i.e. voyeurism

don't play it then, better?
Yes, yes, I don't play those games. But there are times when these games are not tagged.
And I bump into them, and then the discomfort afterward.
It's just that they don't want to tag these games, even though a lot of people complain and arguing about it.

Wait, I was told to discuss this in a different thread than the game thread, is there a problem with that?
I discuss calmly (once, I did lose my temper a bit, which I'm ashamed of, but it was within reasonable limits) and defend my point of view. Or can't I do that?

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
OP didn't mention the game, which is probably better anyways, as linking games in whine threads can leads to brigading.

But I mean, their posts is a textbook example of NTRphobic hysteria. "Ohhh noo, I thought all females were mine, how can they have sexual partners before dating me? I should be warned about such traumatic pixels."

If the dev actually is using that scene to set up an NTR themed subplot where the MC feels jealous and insecure or whatever (perhaps it was his crush and he feels really bad seeing this), then by all means, tag it. But if it's like a situation where MC stumbles into a room where his new college roommate is having lesbian sex, what is the natural response of normal dudes? They either think it's hot and/or respect her privacy and close the door. The fact that some player feels cucked for the MC makes absolutely no difference to the intent or theme of that scene.
There are a very few games that the OP will have access to where no character associates with another character. Poor guy. He'll just have to live in his self imagined self cucking world I guess. Hell I just replayed a harem incest game with partial mind control where two of the LIs went off and diddled (without permission..gasp) each other because the MC was busy with one of his other SEVEN LIs. OP probably would have had a conniption.

Powerbabe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2018
Wait, I was told to discuss this in a different thread than the game thread, is there a problem with that?
I discuss calmly (once, I did lose my temper a bit, which I'm ashamed of, but it was within reasonable limits) and defend my point of view. Or can't I do that?
Go right ahead, buddy. I'm not here to tell you what to do; it was just a suggestion that maybe you need to slow down a bit. You're too hung up on the topic. Damn. The dev of that game did a really good job if it riled you up this much.

• Haha
Reactions: tanstaafl

M0narh

May 20, 2024
Go right ahead, buddy. I'm not here to tell you what to do; it was just a suggestion that maybe you need to slow down a bit. You're too hung up on the topic. Damn. The dev of that game did a really good job if it riled you up this much.
That's right, he's really good, the renders are gorgeous. And I really wish him luck, no kidding. The problem is not with this particular game.

The problem is that the game is not tagged with a really serious tag. I know this tag not perfect, but it's the only one that fits the overall atmosphere. Believe, if this game and other games was properly tagged, there would be less debate. I won't say that there wouldn't be any complaints about ntr at all, but they would be less.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
Yes, yes, I don't play those games. But there are times when these games are not tagged.
The problem is you could've just gone "well shit" closed and deleted the game and carried on with life.
You however decided to make it public and in doing so showed anyone reading this thread that you are wrong.

Not only did you lie in the OP but you then carried on arguing with people even though you have no leg to stand on....

from the reply of the dev of the game you claim has NTR because of you seeing two women having sex NOT with you.

" The two female characters presented are already a couple. "

So no it is NOT NTR and you ARE wrong.

And I bump into them, and then the discomfort afterward.
That is a YOU problem and something you need to sort out, not this site or the dev....

It's just that they don't want to tag these games, even though a lot of people complain and arguing about it.
You are welcome to create as many fictional definitions for tags as you like for yourself, you are not however welcome to impose them on others.

Reactions: tanstaafl

M0narh

May 20, 2024
The problem is you could've just gone "well shit" closed and deleted the game and carried on with life.
You however decided to make it public and in doing so showed anyone reading this thread that you are wrong.

Not only did you lie in the OP but you then carried on arguing with people even though you have no leg to stand on....

from the reply of the dev of the game you claim has NTR because of you seeing two women having sex NOT with you.

" The two female characters presented are already a couple. "

So no it is NOT NTR and you ARE wrong.

That is a YOU problem and something you need to sort out, not this site or the dev....

You are welcome to create as many fictional definitions for tags as you like for yourself, you are not however welcome to impose them on others.
Why should I allow to be silenced?

Yes, I hate to see such things, yes I get upset about the pixels, so what's next? Does that make me less right?
And don't say it's just me, there's a lot of people who dont like it either.

I'm just the one who decided to discuss this topic because so many people just got silenced.

The only thing I'm told is "just deal with it." And I don't want to just deal with it.

And yes, you're just saying the same thing again.
And I'll say it again, maybe the definition that's on the site doesn't fit much, but there's an NTRish vibe in the game.
I can also say you're wrong. Someone other than mc is having sex with Li = NTR(or whatewer you want to call it), husband, wife, girlfriend it's doesn't matter.
Even if it's introduced as a trigger for the plot.
If there was couple, and none of them is Li, and their sexual acts were offscreen, then it's not NTR(or whatewer you want to call it).

And don't say that I talk about it too much.
People write to me, I write back.
I make my points, others make theirs. Apparently we haven't convinced each other. Then there's no point in you and me continuing. Because then at one point it'll turn into an aggressive argument. And I don't want that.
Let's leave it as each having our own opinions.

Last edited:

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
The only thing I'm told is "just deal with it." And I don't want to just deal with it.
accept that you are wrong. this is you:

you: i don't like apples, they taste very bad.
you: this fruit drink tastes very bad. but on the ingredients list, it doesn't say apple. it should say apple!

(you call the maker of the fruit drink)
you: why don't you write on the label that this fruit drink contains apple?
fruit drink maker: because it doesn't
you: but i think it tastes very bad, and i think apples taste very bad, so the best way is to say the fruit drink contains apples
fruit drink maker: o_O

Last edited:

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
Yes, I hate to see such things, yes I get upset about the pixels, so what's next? Does that make me less right?
No, you getting the definitions wrong makes you wrong...

And don't say it's just me, there's a lot of people who dont like it either.
Numbers don't suddenly make you right, it doesn't matter if it's you or 100, if you all get the definition wrong then all 100 are wrong :rolleyes:

but there's an NTRish vibe in the game.
NTRish is NOT ntr and games don't get tagged on vibes they get tagged on content.

I can also say you're wrong. Someone other than mc is having sex with Li = NTR(or whatewer you want to call it), husband, wife, girlfriend it's doesn't matter.
Not only are they NOT LI's in that scene but later they are only potential LI's the dev even says you can set your relationship with them later. Plus in that scene neither of the women are being STOLEN / TAKEN from you.

To put this as simply as possible

You: hey that women stole my car
Other: damn when did you get it
You: I was planning on buying it next month

Other: :rolleyes::oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Traffic cops: :rolleyes::oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Crowd of onlookers: :rolleyes::oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And don't say that I talk about it too much.
People write to me, I write back.
:ROFLMAO:

I make my points, others make theirs. Apparently we haven't convinced each other.
You didn't start this thread to discuss things or accept facts, you came to whine...

Then there's no point in you and me continuing. Because then at one point it'll turn into an aggressive argument. And I don't want that.
Let's leave it as each having our own opinions.
how did you put it?

And I don't want to

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
It's always "me, me, me" with you people, lol.

How would you feel if I made some stupid arguments in random game threads to get them to include the harem tag? Maybe I believe ALL games with multiple LIs is considered harem. "I don't care what others think! For me and a handful of other assholes, that's HAREM!" Then, harem fans have to deal with all these non-harem games that are tagged with harem. I will bet my left nut that you have never considered such a situation. Because you are an obligate self-inserter. You don't self-insert by choice, you do it because you are unable to empathize or put yourself in another person's shoe. Instead, you ARE the main character. You ARE the center of the universe. Other people SURELY must think like you, and if they don't, something must be wrong with them. No, there is no possible way that YOU could be the minority with an illogical stance.