1.90 star(s) 99 Votes

Vakul

Apr 10, 2022
Here's how:

You get $20k / month and the dev team get "exposure on the Discord"...
What's with the exposure story? Another lame excuse from shitpurple?
Solid animations take a lot of skill, I've been dabbling with Daz for a ongoing project I've been working on Its quite elaborate just say I got banned from patreon for refusing to censor or remove some of my content for Vice & Sin, Hiring a decent programer cost anywhere between 2k-5k for a small scale project for a huge project 15k-50k like mine thats an yearly contract fee It does speed things up having a team to work with But I'm a tightwad so solo work will take time .
Shitpurple worked with some briliant artists. Fuzzamorous and Dieselbrain was part of the team once. And there was some great animator with extra juicy works. Forgor his name, but the thing is - just adding his existing animations to the game would already fill it with content to the brim, leaving only coloring and techincal work.
But instead - for some MISTERIOUS reason, one after another they left the project and that shit is astill in its early beta state. So - no, shitpurple is not about how hard developing is. He is about how to scam and milk people doing nothing.
------------
funny thing - on a certain site devoted for one of the rules of internet, on Fuzzamorous and cloudmeadow tags there is interesting comment:
" At this rate it'll take these autistic leaches about 500 years to make this game. With a yearly profit of 120k in crowd funding of course. "
comments date: 2018-11-20 . Almost SIX YEARS AGO.
And even there there was flood of shills explaining how that is not true and this entirely new oroject will good.
On the bright side though - their income now 16k now. It was about 18k last year. And about 20k prior.

Last edited:

Gierka

Dec 2, 2017
Decided to try this once more after... no idea how many years and the only thing I noticed is that... at least the game doesn't unpack to 7GB anymore? Yay?

This clown earns more in a month doing literally nothing than I do in a year. Amazing.

1nfide1

Jan 16, 2022
What anti-virus? "Beeped" isn't exactly a good term to use, why did it set it off? What, specifically, did it say it was? What do you mean your email accounts changed? Do you have the logs of the Anti-Virus in question as proof of your claims?

The amount of times people have said this, and turned out it was, what in the IT field we call a PICNIC issue is insane.
[PICNIC = Problem In Chair, Not In Computer for those that were wondering]
Picnic is good.
I like Pebkac.
Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Once again, let me make some things clear, because this thread apparently exists for no purpose other than wallowing in vitriol: Breeding Season's development eventually reached a status that was as slow, if not slower, than this game's. Granted, Shwig is a slimy backstabber, and he is guilty of many sins regarding his current project, many of which are ironically a repeat of the mistakes made in BS. HOWEVER, HartistaPipebomb ALSO had it coming himself, and it would be ignorant of context to pretend otherwise.
He ALSO had artists and other team members quit on him mid-project because everybody on his internal team saw how it's going nowhere and there's a complete lack of any organization. Breeding Season was basically deader update-wise than Cloud Meadow is right now at the low point when Shwig decided to pull the rug out from under it.

We are talking about things that happened almost 10 fucking years ago. I am 100% sure the vast majority of you were simply not there, whereas I personally followed BS's blogspot since before Shwig even worked on it, when it was a primitive Flash game with HP's basic artwork. The simpler times when Patreon didn't even exist yet.

I would go as far as to say that if Shwig DIDN'T kill BS, or agreed to sell his art assets to HP, right here and right now we would be with it on the same level of perpetual development purgatory that we are on CM. Hell, migrating the game from Flash to Unity or some other engine would be an endeavor that would last like 3 years at least.

And at least - AT LEAST - CM actually got some things out of the way, like finishing the promised 2 HD animations per monster. Whereas BS was absolutely bloated with a totally unrealistic project estimation that EVERY monster X monster combination would be getting ITS OWN animation and on TOP of that also the sub-variants of monsters (like the ones with a "neoteny" or "mature" trait giving them alternative appearance). That shit was simply never going to happen for hand-drawn high resolution pixel-art animations, but HP gaslit everyone, and himself, that he'll do it eventually.
While streaming playing videogames during most of his online activity.

That being said, it's not hard to guess Shwig's primary motivator was seeing the money being moved around this game's development and deciding he's simply not satisfied with his slice of the pie and that he could be getting a whole-ass new pie himself. And axing his direct competitor by claiming legal ownership of all art assets was just the cherry on top of that pie.

Last edited:

Blumph

Sep 4, 2019
Once again, let me make some things clear, because this thread apparently exists for no purpose other than wallowing in vitriol: Breeding Season's development eventually reached a status that was as slow, if not slower, than this game's. Granted, Shwig is a slimy backstabber, and he is guilty of many sins regarding his current project, many of which are ironically a repeat of the mistakes made in BS. HOWEVER, HartistaPipebomb ALSO had it coming himself, and it would be ignorant of context to pretend otherwise.
He ALSO had artists and other team members quit on him mid-project because everybody on his internal team saw how it's going nowhere and there's a complete lack of any organization. Breeding Season was basically deader update-wise than Cloud Meadow is right now at the low point when Shwig decided to pull the rug out from under it.

We are talking about things that happened almost 10 fucking years ago. I am 100% sure the vast majority of you were simply not there, whereas I personally followed BS's blogspot since before Shwig even worked on it, when it was a primitive Flash game with HP's basic artwork. The simpler times when Patreon didn't even exist yet.

I would go as far as to say that if Shwig DIDN'T kill BS, or agreed to sell his art assets to HP, right here and right now we would be with it on the same level of perpetual development hell that we are on CM.
That being said, it's not hard to guess Shwig's primary motivator was seeing the money being moved around this game's development and deciding he's simply not satisfied with his slice of the pie and that he could be getting a whole-ass new pie himself. And axing his direct competitor by claiming legal ownership of all art assets was just the cherry on top of that pie.
... that's a lot of bloviation to say "Everyone's an Asshole Here".

1.90 star(s) 99 Votes