1.90 star(s) 101 Votes

Al Gore

Oct 24, 2019
Once again, let me make some things clear, because this thread apparently exists for no purpose other than wallowing in vitriol: Breeding Season's development eventually reached a status that was as slow, if not slower, than this game's. Granted, Shwig is a slimy backstabber, and he is guilty of many sins regarding his current project, many of which are ironically a repeat of the mistakes made in BS. HOWEVER, HartistaPipebomb ALSO had it coming himself, and it would be ignorant of context to pretend otherwise.
He ALSO had artists and other team members quit on him mid-project because everybody on his internal team saw how it's going nowhere and there's a complete lack of any organization. Breeding Season was basically deader update-wise than Cloud Meadow is right now at the low point when Shwig decided to pull the rug out from under it.

We are talking about things that happened almost 10 fucking years ago. I am 100% sure the vast majority of you were simply not there, whereas I personally followed BS's blogspot since before Shwig even worked on it, when it was a primitive Flash game with HP's basic artwork. The simpler times when Patreon didn't even exist yet.

I would go as far as to say that if Shwig DIDN'T kill BS, or agreed to sell his art assets to HP, right here and right now we would be with it on the same level of perpetual development purgatory that we are on CM. Hell, migrating the game from Flash to Unity or some other engine would be an endeavor that would last like 3 years at least.

And at least - AT LEAST - CM actually got some things out of the way, like finishing the promised 2 HD animations per monster. Whereas BS was absolutely bloated with a totally unrealistic project estimation that EVERY monster X monster combination would be getting ITS OWN animation and on TOP of that also the sub-variants of monsters (like the ones with a "neoteny" or "mature" trait giving them alternative appearance). That shit was simply never going to happen for hand-drawn high resolution pixel-art animations, but HP gaslit everyone, and himself, that he'll do it eventually.
While streaming playing videogames during most of his online activity.

That being said, it's not hard to guess Shwig's primary motivator was seeing the money being moved around this game's development and deciding he's simply not satisfied with his slice of the pie and that he could be getting a whole-ass new pie himself. And axing his direct competitor by claiming legal ownership of all art assets was just the cherry on top of that pie.
My understanding was that H-Bomb was fairly reliant on S-Purple for art, and given the current state of Cloud Meadow it's pretty easy to conclude that Breeding Season fell apart because S-Purple didn't want to do his job. He wanted all of the decision-making power for himself and when he finally got it he didn't get any harder working which is why CM is just a repeat of the failure of BS even with no H-Bomb involved.

shimmywow

Jan 3, 2024
Cloud Meadow [Beta V0.2.1.1 Patreon]

Google Drive

code: Third-Partied

Additions

• Full overhaul for Tro’s Lab; a visual overhaul with updated backgrounds, cinematics, lore and general improvements
  • New optional quest; find & deactivate the poacher’s traps throughout the Savannah
  • Added character info & unlocking clues to locked sex scenes in the Album UI
  • Added audiovisual feedback after taking damage in an environmental hazard, such as acid
Fixes

• Fixed Holstaur’s Counter headbutt being triggered by damage reflection
  • Fixed error when Yonten’s attack executes enemy unit Prism in boss fight
  • Fixed Garst’s This Is It ability not executing correctly at maximum skill rank
  • Fixed the player’s return point after the game over screen, when the had previously player fast travelled onto that floor
  • Fixed issue with lone Cat Stalker mob in Savannah F1 blocking 2 of the missing peasants
  • Valpongis (Equipment town merchant) should no longer be blocking access to Bilma the bread vendor
  • Minor Katarina station dialogue improvements
  • Added some missing character portraits to the Quest Log
  • Fixed error when the player returns via fast travel into the Katarina intro scene
  • Fixed Giev’s quest to upgrade the farm appearing when the farm is already at max level
Thanks budman

Cozmos

May 30, 2017
Question, is there any talk inn the pateron or so about the other npcs getting a full fledged high quality animations with the protag? the pixel sprites are ok but feels like wasted potential there

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
it's pretty easy to conclude that Breeding Season fell apart because S-Purple didn't want to do his job
That's not "easy to conclude" at all, that's a huge guess on your part. Not even HP claimed that this was the case from his blog post explaining his point of view. The implication with HP wanting to buy the art assets was that Shwig was actually doing his part of the job just fine, and BS could be carried for a while with all the art assets provided.
And this is kind of proven today by the fact that if there's one thing you can't blame Cloud Meadow for is it having many, many static art assets. In fact, that's most of what the "content" on Patreon is, new character designs, pinups, etc.
Shwig CAN draw, and he can draw a LOT. There is absolutely no denying that.
The problem is; that's mostly all he can do. Or wants to do.

Reactions: Zarc2003
May 10, 2020
Question, is there any talk inn the pateron or so about the other npcs getting a full fledged high quality animations with the protag? the pixel sprites are ok but feels like wasted potential there
its been years since the last high quality animation was made so I would say don't get your hopes up for anytime soon

Reactions: Cozmos

lordstark1566

Jul 22, 2022
That's not "easy to conclude" at all, that's a huge guess on your part. Not even HP claimed that this was the case from his blog post explaining his point of view. The implication with HP wanting to buy the art assets was that Shwig was actually doing his part of the job just fine, and BS could be carried for a while with all the art assets provided.
And this is kind of proven today by the fact that if there's one thing you can't blame Cloud Meadow for is it having many, many static art assets. In fact, that's most of what the "content" on Patreon is, new character designs, pinups, etc.
Shwig CAN draw, and he can draw a LOT. There is absolutely no denying that.
The problem is; that's mostly all he can do. Or wants to do.
don't bother defending S-Purple, i know from a private source that he's a son of a...

Reactions: Death Panda

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
don't bother defending S-Purple, i know from a private source that he's a son of a...
Is the source "your ass", sir?
I tried consulting mine and it told me Shwig literally eats babies every day for breakfast, so that has to be probably true as well.
Then again, it could've been the extra-beans burrito I had for lunch earlier talking...

Anyways... I never "defended" him, I only admitted that he can draw. And accusations that don't even fit descriptions made by his primary accuser (HartistaPipebomb), are mere conjecture that ignore the context of the entirety of Breeding Season situation.

And that's what most of the "discussion" in this thread is: extremely inaccurate conjecture.

1.90 star(s) 101 Votes