1.90 star(s) 100 Votes

Gierka

Dec 2, 2017
Decided to try this once more after... no idea how many years and the only thing I noticed is that... at least the game doesn't unpack to 7GB anymore? Yay?

This clown earns more in a month doing literally nothing than I do in a year. Amazing.

Reactions: Yasukasi

1nfide1

Jan 16, 2022
What anti-virus? "Beeped" isn't exactly a good term to use, why did it set it off? What, specifically, did it say it was? What do you mean your email accounts changed? Do you have the logs of the Anti-Virus in question as proof of your claims?

The amount of times people have said this, and turned out it was, what in the IT field we call a PICNIC issue is insane.
[PICNIC = Problem In Chair, Not In Computer for those that were wondering]
Picnic is good.
I like Pebkac.
Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Once again, let me make some things clear, because this thread apparently exists for no purpose other than wallowing in vitriol: Breeding Season's development eventually reached a status that was as slow, if not slower, than this game's. Granted, Shwig is a slimy backstabber, and he is guilty of many sins regarding his current project, many of which are ironically a repeat of the mistakes made in BS. HOWEVER, HartistaPipebomb ALSO had it coming himself, and it would be ignorant of context to pretend otherwise.
He ALSO had artists and other team members quit on him mid-project because everybody on his internal team saw how it's going nowhere and there's a complete lack of any organization. Breeding Season was basically deader update-wise than Cloud Meadow is right now at the low point when Shwig decided to pull the rug out from under it.

We are talking about things that happened almost 10 fucking years ago. I am 100% sure the vast majority of you were simply not there, whereas I personally followed BS's blogspot since before Shwig even worked on it, when it was a primitive Flash game with HP's basic artwork. The simpler times when Patreon didn't even exist yet.

I would go as far as to say that if Shwig DIDN'T kill BS, or agreed to sell his art assets to HP, right here and right now we would be with it on the same level of perpetual development purgatory that we are on CM. Hell, migrating the game from Flash to Unity or some other engine would be an endeavor that would last like 3 years at least.

And at least - AT LEAST - CM actually got some things out of the way, like finishing the promised 2 HD animations per monster. Whereas BS was absolutely bloated with a totally unrealistic project estimation that EVERY monster X monster combination would be getting ITS OWN animation and on TOP of that also the sub-variants of monsters (like the ones with a "neoteny" or "mature" trait giving them alternative appearance). That shit was simply never going to happen for hand-drawn high resolution pixel-art animations, but HP gaslit everyone, and himself, that he'll do it eventually.
While streaming playing videogames during most of his online activity.

That being said, it's not hard to guess Shwig's primary motivator was seeing the money being moved around this game's development and deciding he's simply not satisfied with his slice of the pie and that he could be getting a whole-ass new pie himself. And axing his direct competitor by claiming legal ownership of all art assets was just the cherry on top of that pie.

Last edited:

Blumph

Sep 4, 2019
Once again, let me make some things clear, because this thread apparently exists for no purpose other than wallowing in vitriol: Breeding Season's development eventually reached a status that was as slow, if not slower, than this game's. Granted, Shwig is a slimy backstabber, and he is guilty of many sins regarding his current project, many of which are ironically a repeat of the mistakes made in BS. HOWEVER, HartistaPipebomb ALSO had it coming himself, and it would be ignorant of context to pretend otherwise.
He ALSO had artists and other team members quit on him mid-project because everybody on his internal team saw how it's going nowhere and there's a complete lack of any organization. Breeding Season was basically deader update-wise than Cloud Meadow is right now at the low point when Shwig decided to pull the rug out from under it.

We are talking about things that happened almost 10 fucking years ago. I am 100% sure the vast majority of you were simply not there, whereas I personally followed BS's blogspot since before Shwig even worked on it, when it was a primitive Flash game with HP's basic artwork. The simpler times when Patreon didn't even exist yet.

I would go as far as to say that if Shwig DIDN'T kill BS, or agreed to sell his art assets to HP, right here and right now we would be with it on the same level of perpetual development hell that we are on CM.
That being said, it's not hard to guess Shwig's primary motivator was seeing the money being moved around this game's development and deciding he's simply not satisfied with his slice of the pie and that he could be getting a whole-ass new pie himself. And axing his direct competitor by claiming legal ownership of all art assets was just the cherry on top of that pie.
... that's a lot of bloviation to say "Everyone's an Asshole Here".

Azain

Mar 25, 2017
I sort of love this thread. It's close to 300 pages now, and 150 of those are just people complaining.

zzyyxx

Jun 16, 2017
I haven't played in a long time, is there a way to romance jubelle? I'm not sure how to get her sprite scene in the game naturally. Also, is a proper high quality scene (ie, non-sprite) with her planned?

Thank you

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
I'm glad to see you glue eaters are still getting taken advantage of. May your bank account be as buckbroken as its owner.

Reactions: bananeae

Johan01

Dec 15, 2018
Cloud Meadow [Beta V0.2.1.1 Patreon]

code: Third-Partied

Additions

• Full overhaul for Tro’s Lab; a visual overhaul with updated backgrounds, cinematics, lore and general improvements
  • New optional quest; find & deactivate the poacher’s traps throughout the Savannah
  • Added character info & unlocking clues to locked sex scenes in the Album UI
  • Added audiovisual feedback after taking damage in an environmental hazard, such as acid
Fixes

• Fixed Holstaur’s Counter headbutt being triggered by damage reflection
  • Fixed error when Yonten’s attack executes enemy unit Prism in boss fight
  • Fixed Garst’s This Is It ability not executing correctly at maximum skill rank
  • Fixed the player’s return point after the game over screen, when the had previously player fast travelled onto that floor
  • Fixed issue with lone Cat Stalker mob in Savannah F1 blocking 2 of the missing peasants
  • Valpongis (Equipment town merchant) should no longer be blocking access to Bilma the bread vendor
  • Minor Katarina station dialogue improvements
  • Added some missing character portraits to the Quest Log
  • Fixed error when the player returns via fast travel into the Katarina intro scene
  • Fixed Giev’s quest to upgrade the farm appearing when the farm is already at max level

Johan01

Dec 15, 2018
Does anyone know what the album code is for the current version?
Cloud Meadow Beta V0.2.1.0a code: April Ethereal
Cloud Meadow Beta V0.2.1.0b code: April Ethereal
Cloud Meadow Beta V0.2.1.0c code: Mayternity
Cloud Meadow Beta V0.2.1.0d code: April Ethereal
Cloud Meadow Beta V0.2.1.1 code: Third-Partied

Last edited:
Reactions: AltairShadow

Al Gore

Oct 24, 2019

I would go as far as to say that if Shwig DIDN'T kill BS, or agreed to sell his art assets to HP, right here and right now we would be with it on the same level of perpetual development purgatory that we are on CM. Hell, migrating the game from Flash to Unity or some other engine would be an endeavor that would last like 3 years at least.

And at least - AT LEAST - CM actually got some things out of the way, like finishing the promised 2 HD animations per monster. Whereas BS was absolutely bloated with a totally unrealistic project estimation that EVERY monster X monster combination would be getting ITS OWN animation and on TOP of that also the sub-variants of monsters (like the ones with a "neoteny" or "mature" trait giving them alternative appearance). That shit was simply never going to happen for hand-drawn high resolution pixel-art animations, but HP gaslit everyone, and himself, that he'll do it eventually.
While streaming playing videogames during most of his online activity.

My understanding was that H-Bomb was fairly reliant on S-Purple for art, and given the current state of Cloud Meadow it's pretty easy to conclude that Breeding Season fell apart because S-Purple didn't want to do his job. He wanted all of the decision-making power for himself and when he finally got it he didn't get any harder working which is why CM is just a repeat of the failure of BS even with no H-Bomb involved.

1.90 star(s) 100 Votes