Sooba

Apr 4, 2018
/snip

I wouldn't be surprised if the eventual Wellspring confrontation we're heading towards will send us back in time to the old Wellspring - for either a little, or a long time. That said, I think we're wrapping up the game sometime soon, so it may end up being a short time frame / just a montage.

Then again, G28 always pleasantly surprises.
I apologize if this has already been brought up, as this is a 400+ page thread and I haven't read everything yet. I have a theory as to the MC's backstory. (Responding to this post and your previous excellent summary of secrets). Also forgive me as I don't have any proper citations yet. Also, possible spoilers(?) as evidence, so read no further if you want to maintain your.. erm, innocence.

I think that the evidence very much points toward the MC being the Wellspring incarnate / magic incarnate / immaculate conception etc. Very much in the vein of Anveena Teague, Yim, Jesus of Nazareth, Lady Firebird, Mystra, or many more depending on your story of choice. (No religious debates please. He just works as an example here). The parallel won't be perfect or will be "inverted" in some instances. See "Made of Magic" or "Born of Magic" from TV Tropes, although I didn't dig too far and there may be a better trope example.

It would explain why magic at the school became stronger when the MC arrived. [citation]

It would explain the MC breaking the gender norm so spectacularly for being a light wielder, as well as the MC's ludicrously fast facility with magic.

It would, perhaps weakly, explain Karen's prodigious power relative to most of her significantly longer lived peers. ie. Her relative proximity to the MC has strengthened her.

It would explain why the MC's memories and (soul?) is intertwined with Delia, as she was there when the Wellspring exploded. Under this theory, she is in effect a talisman/horcrux carrying parts of the MC's essence.

It explains Issyr's attraction, dependence, and lenience. If she *knows,* then like Potter the MC must die at the right time. Further, she can't risk truly pissing the MC off. Alternatively if she doesn't know, she's simply inexplicably drawn to him as her world implodes from lack of magic.

It would explain why the MC smells of licorice (known to be connected with black lights) to Chang. It also explains why this scent is faint, because it is mixed with all the other lights/schools or alternatively black *is* the combination and/or inversion of all schools.

It would perfectly explain the foreshadowing of death. As in order for the Wellspring to be reborn, the MC must die.

Lastly, it would be an in-world explanation for the game's focus on impregnation. The MC is re-seeding the world with magic. This would be very similar to how Ouranos/Khronos/Zeus are so promiscuous in Greek mythology because the Greeks needed them to be, in order to have origin stories for the world's various mysteries.

Additional to above it would explain why many of the women that are seeded by the MC seem more powerful/calmer/happier after the experience, not less - even if the sex was of dubious consent and possibly traumatic. They are absorbing his gift. It just so happens to dovetail very conveniently with the magic dick trope prevalent in a lot of masculine fantasy erotica.

Let me know what you think and feel free to point me to posts that pre-dated this one with the same theory. I apologize because this is the first time playing the game so I haven't been here for the conversations.

Last edited:

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Sorry as I'm sure this has been asked a zillion times...but wasn't sure what
to search.... checkpoint came up w like 300 results...lol...which I scanned through..

I want the timestamp/checkpoint mod but none of the other parts such as
the green text that let's me know what to choose.

I think I had it that way when I played a long time ago...but can't remember how.

Any help please?
Thanks very much
Cheers

G28Here

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
I apologize if this has already been brought up, as this is a 400+ page thread and I haven't read everything yet. I have a theory as to the MC's backstory. (Responding to this post and your previous excellent summary of secrets). Also forgive me as I don't have any proper citations yet. Also, possible spoilers(?) as evidence, so read no further if you want to maintain your.. erm, innocence.

I think that the evidence very much points toward the MC being the Wellspring incarnate / magic incarnate / immaculate conception etc. Very much in the vein of Anveena Teague, Yim, Jesus of Nazareth, Lady Firebird, Mystra, or many more depending on your story of choice. (No religious debates please. He just works as an example here). The parallel won't be perfect or will be "inverted" in some instances. See "Made of Magic" or "Born of Magic" from TV Tropes, although I didn't dig too far and there may be a better trope example.

It would explain why magic at the school became stronger when the MC arrived. [citation]

It would explain the MC breaking the gender norm so spectacularly for being a light wielder, as well as the MC's ludicrously fast facility with magic.

It would, perhaps weakly, explain Karen's prodigious power relative to most of her significantly longer lived peers. ie. Her relative proximity to the MC has strengthened her.

It would explain why the MC's memories and (soul?) is intertwined with Delia, as she was there when the Wellspring exploded. Under this theory, she is in effect a talisman/horcrux carrying parts of the MC's essence.

It explains Issyr's attraction, dependence, and lenience. If she *knows,* then like Potter the MC must die at the right time. Further, she can't risk truly pissing the MC off. Alternatively if she doesn't know, she's simply inexplicably drawn to him as her world implodes from lack of magic.

It would explain why the MC smells of licorice (known to be connected with black lights) to Chang. It also explains why this scent is faint, because it is mixed with all the other lights/schools or alternatively black *is* the combination and/or inversion of all schools.

It would perfectly explain the foreshadowing of death. As in order for the Wellspring to be reborn, the MC must die.

Lastly, it would be an in-world explanation for the game's focus on impregnation. The MC is re-seeding the world with magic. This would be very similar to how Ouranos/Khronos/Zeus are so promiscuous in Greek mythology because the Greeks needed them to be, in order to have origin stories for the world's various mysteries.

Additional to above it would explain why many of the women that are seeded by the MC seem more powerful/calmer/happier after the experience, not less - even if the sex was of dubious consent and possibly traumatic. They are absorbing his gift. It just so happens to dovetail very conveniently with the magic dick trope prevalent in a lot of masculine fantasy erotica.

Let me know what you think and feel free to point me to posts that pre-dated this one with the same theory. I apologize because this is the first time playing the game so I haven't been here for the conversations.
I was going to like this post, but I didn't want that to be misconstrued as confirming or denying anything. So I just want to say that regardless of how the story actually turns out, this was really well thought out and cool to read!

Sooba

Apr 4, 2018
I was going to like this post, but I didn't want that to be misconstrued as confirming or denying anything. So I just want to say that regardless of how the story actually turns out, this was really well thought out and cool to read!
Thanks! :) I come by it honestly. I was one of the first nerds proclaiming R+L=J & A+J=T. I know those debates became insufferable after a while so I bowed out pretty early. However I had the definitive evidence summary post on a couple of big forums from years ago, as well as a justpasteit that was a copy of an essay I wrote for a University class. :geek:

I can't help myself sometimes.

Jan 18, 2021
Need that in picoseconds
Please specify your precise location on Earth (with a 0.3mm resolution), the distance between your screen and your left or right eye depending on which one will be used to decide if the release is live or not (also with a 0.3mm resolution), the latency of your Internet connection (with a picosecond resolution), the speed of your computer and whether any other tasks may be sharing the CPU at the time of the release, an estimation of whether you might be blinking around the time of the release, the list of hormones and drugs that might be affecting your occipital cortex at the time of the release, etc.

In 1 picosecond, light travels about 0.3mm. Please also consider that a visual stimulus takes more than 20 milliseconds to reach the brain. That's more than 20000000000 picoseconds. And the processing speed of your brain is affected by so many factors that a few billion picoseconds will not make much of a difference.

Requesting a release date in milliseconds is perfectly reasonable, but nobody can take you seriously if you request a release date in picoseconds.

AsianD

Mar 17, 2022
Wanted to remark a story minor inconsistency, if the MC goes to the brothel to visit Cassandra/Emma, after the act Rio catches him, but funny thing is, she is alrady a prostitute in said brothel.

Brovalon

Jan 11, 2020

This is really well thought out, and I hadn't considered we could literally be the Wellspring given form. I'm glad you're engaging with my previous posts too, so don't worry about responding to the old stuff - things like this actually remind me that man I love this fucking game.

Genuinely, great game - let's hope we get to impregnate many more chicks on our way to the end!

BonerM

Jun 25, 2024
[snip]
I think that the evidence very much points toward the MC being the Wellspring incarnate / magic incarnate / immaculate conception etc. [snip]See "Made of Magic" or "Born of Magic" from TV Tropes, although I didn't dig too far and there may be a better trope example.

It would explain why magic at the school became stronger when the MC arrived.

Lastly, it would be an in-world explanation for the game's focus on impregnation. [snip]
Okay so hear me out. What if we go back in time and:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It ties everything together. Especially the Mrs. Maywood and Karen plot points you mentioned.

4.60 star(s) 129 Votes