TheLM2312

Apr 8, 2019
That is absolutely possible.

However, I do also try to consider that what she may (or may not) have done would be something in her past. I strongly believe in second chances, even for really egregious mistakes. But you don't get many additional chances if the mistakes are really huge.

Plus, let's be real: extremely often, when there's a rumor about someone — they're impotent, they're a slut, they have a disease, whatever — it's based on a misunderstanding / misinterpretation, a half-truth, or even another rumor. I think that's especially true in college (and pre-college school), where people interact with a lot of others all the time. Rumors tend to spread really fast in that type of environment, and rumors have a tendency to be like a game of telephone: each new retelling of the rumor gets a little change, and pretty soon the current rumor doesn't even remotely resemble the original one.

And before anyone cites the fact that Chloe moves decently quickly with the MC, in my mind it's very possible that she does this precisely because practically everyone sees her as a slut. I could see a possibility where no one really is ever willing to do more than try to get a quick score with her. Now you have the MC come along, someone who can be actually decent to her and treat her with respect and kindness. What's she supposed to think about that? It's possible she sees him as the only decent guy she's ever going to find, so she's really tempted to throw herself at him (despite the irony of doing so) to keep from losing him.

I've played both interactions with her. On a Chloe path, of course the MC believes her when she says it's not true, and he defends her at the dance. On a Nora path, though, the MC does the exact opposite. Since Nora says the MC shouldn't trust her, he doesn't. So I can see at least two sides to the story.
In my gameplay I've heard ppl that told me to not trust her but I've trusted her in that scene where we can choose to or not follow her...

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
In my gameplay I've heard ppl that told me to not trust her but I've trusted her in that scene where we can choose to or not follow her...
Yep, so did I . . . most of the time. But in the case of someone like Nora — who clearly is at odds with Chloe — I chose not to side with Chloe if I thought it would improve things with the other person in the long run. I also rarely chose to say she was lying if I needed more troublemaker points (to pull me towards confident or popular when I seemed to have earned too many bro or boyfriend points earlier). So, basically, unless I felt like I had a really good reason on a particular playthrough, I choose to believe her when she tells the MC face-to-face that those are lies. (I try the vast majority of the time to play through all possible paths in a game to see more content and to better connect with all the characters.)

Reactions: TheLM2312

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018
Yep, so did I . . . most of the time. But in the case of someone like Nora — who clearly is at odds with Chloe — I chose not to side with Chloe if I thought it would improve things with the other person in the long run. I also rarely chose to say she was lying if I needed more troublemaker points (to pull me towards confident or popular when I seemed to have earned too many bro or boyfriend points earlier). So, basically, unless I felt like I had a really good reason on a particular playthrough, I choose to believe her when she tells the MC face-to-face that those are lies. (I try the vast majority of the time to play through all possible paths in a game to see more content and to better connect with all the characters.)
Like back then in school. Some guys were interested in the popular beautiful girls, but they weren't interested in them. Then the boys told rumors about the girls behind there backs, because of a injured pride. Grayson is a good example, he's an idiot writes Chloe's number on a wall at homecoming with a silly sentence, that's so childish. With Nora I don't really know why she talks badly about Chloe, because maybe she doesn't know better and has picked up rumors from other people for example Grayson or does she just want to be the new cheerleader queen? Maybe both and Chloe didn't give me a single reason not to trust her that's why i trust her.

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
Dev has released a new video on Youtube about the upcoming 9th July update. Sounds like a big one and is covering the Europe trip, mentioning lots of choices, relationships being advanced, lots of scenes etc. also better improvements to Act 2.
I'm feeling a little optimistic this time..:sneaky:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Like back then in school. Some guys were interested in the popular beautiful girls, but they weren't interested in them. Then the boys told rumors about the girls behind there backs, because of a injured pride. Grayson is a good example, he's an idiot writes Chloe's number on a wall at homecoming with a silly sentence, that's so childish. With Nora I don't really know why she talks badly about Chloe, because maybe she doesn't know better and has picked up rumors from other people for example Grayson or does she just want to be the new cheerleader queen? Maybe both and Chloe didn't give me a single reason not to trust her that's why i trust her.
For me it has nothing to do with whether I as a player feel like Chloe is untrustworthy. (I don't, just to be clear.) It has to do with a particular playthrough and what you're wanting out of it. I'm trying (most of the time) to have single-girl routes with this game, so on most playthroughs I believe her. (Amber, Emily, and Aubrey would be examples of exceptions for me to the single-girl routes, at least for now.) However, if I feel I need a specific KCT for a route or if the LI on a route is in opposition with Chloe (like Nora), I make the other choice to be more beneficial for that particular route.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I'm just trying this game and i'm not impressed for the moment.
Are all the characters stupid and all all this is about fighting shit !!
My god is it really a college ?
After playing BAD this one looks like an inbreed cousin from Alabama!:ROFLMAO:
Sorry but if the only way to play is to enter in a stupid fighting fraternity, i'm out.
So is it getting any better and is there any other way to play it ?
If not, just tell me so i can stop loosing my time because right now i don't enjoy it.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Sorry but if the only way to play is to enter in a stupid fighting fraternity, i'm out.
If not, just tell me so i can stop loosing my time because right now i don't enjoy it.
Fighting is an integral part of the game, but I suppose it's possible to avoid fights and frats altogether. You have frat pledge week, so if you fail the trials for either frat, I assume you're not forced into one later. (I don't know if that's true, though, and I also don't know whether that would result in a game over.) I might be forgetting an instance, but I believe in every case where you are presented with a fight you can avoid it entirely. I always just fought (and I'm in a frat), so IDK whether this is true, though.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
I hope not that its just rumores that would be boring until know this college game has no real drama no big partys or anything that feels like college or what young adults would do.

I think this is a bad example of a college game,there is no big drama too no huge partys young adultss make no mistakes everybody lives for mc and all other young males act weird not like 18-25 years old guys so I think that is a terrible example for a college even if the renders are 11/10 and the writing is decent but the college aspect? not even close .

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
I hope not that its just rumores that would be boring until know this college game has no real drama no big partys or anything that feels like college or what young adults would do.

I think this is a bad example of a college game,there is no big drama too no huge partys young adultss make no mistakes everybody lives for mc and all other young males act weird not like 18-25 years old guys so I think that is a terrible example for a college even if the renders are 11/10 and the writing is decent but the college aspect? not even close .
So i see now what it's all about, it's a college game just because the dev has made a compilation of what workd in different games.
But the girls characters are not interesting, not even beautiful and all the males are such idiots, my god my room mate or the other one i met are just annoying.
As you daid, people don't behave like young adults but like little teenagers with an attitude, that's stupid.
So thank you for giving me some hints, no i know what i have to do, stop playing and deleting that game.
It's a pity because the renders were quite good.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
ok this is really something that interest me maybe I am in the minority but I like too hear critic do the majority of you guys really think this game is a college experince at the moment? and would you really be happy if the drama about chloe is all fake and she is just a virgin never touched a guy and all guys in college have no interest in the most populare girl in college and would you think this is realistic as it is know?

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
ok this is really something that interest me maybe I am in the minority but I like too hear critic do the majority of you guys really think this game is a college experince at the moment? and would you really be happy if the drama about chloe is all fake and she is just a virgin never touched a guy and all guys in college have no interest in the most populare girl in college and would you think this is realistic as it is know?
In fact there is no story with Chloe (and with anyone for that matter).

We have Nora and our buddy (the blond guy) telling us to be careful because Chloe would be a manipulator and so on. Except that nothing creates suspicion or confirms the accusations. Nothing.

For example, if we follow her after the swimming pool, there is nothing suspicious.

Besides, if she was the type to seek popularity and attention, she would not have chosen the MC. The MC is nobody, he's just a freshman, he's not a ring god, he's not in any fraternity as he and Chloe get closer.

It sounds like a school drama where because you don't like someone you say bullshit about them.

The worst part is that Nora is more like the Chloe she describes than the real Chloe. It is Nora who attracts the attention by organizing the trip to Europe, it is she who is frustrated at being only the VP of the sorority (and who wants the place of president). She is the one who stays with her boyfriend (who is an ultra popular guy) while she openly complains (to a near stranger) of being neglected.

TheLM2312

Apr 8, 2019
I can't opinion so much about it cuz I'm from Brazil and colleges are different here (we don't sleep at college and we don't have fraternities and sororities, for example)... But when I play these VNs I tend to let my mind open for new experiences and a good story.
To me College Kings is slightly based on that other one which can't be named, but it has its unique premisse, which is fight tournaments inside campus.
The renders are superb imo, I only thought that the story was very quick... But that is not a problem, I guess I got used to long 'spacebar smashers' VNs that I didn't really enjoyed this one...

Reactions: Wonder Wolf

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
We have Nora and our buddy (the blond guy) telling us to be careful because Chloe would be a manipulator and so on. Except that nothing creates suspicion or confirms the accusations. Nothing.
but the manipulator part was so interisting too me if this is all fake and every cheracter is like lauren than it is bad design or am I wrong?than they are all the same I want variety not that every girl is loyal,nerd only had one guy before and so on than they will all act the same.

Chloe is very likely not a virgin, for me personally that is not important, there are Lauren and Penelope, for example, if you want a young girl who is still inexperienced. There is something for every player type. What I see as a problem is when Chloe hides something that could be important for the MC, for example the MC is just one of many boys for her, so nothing especially in her eyes that would make her uninteresting to me.
but wouldnt this part be interisting if mult cheracters have diff personalities and sexualities? otherwise they are all simmular.You say on your own that for people that dont want this their are cheracters like lauren her sister i think? and penelope.

I can't opinion so much about it cuz I'm from Brazil and colleges are different here (we don't sleep at college and we don't have fraternities and sororities, for example)... But when I play these VNs I tend to let my mind open for new experiences and a good story.
To me College Kings is slightly based on that other one which can't be named, but it has its unique premisse, which is fight tournaments inside campus.
The renders are superb imo, I only thought that the story was very quick... But that is not a problem, I guess I got used to long 'spacebar smashers' VNs that I didn't really enjoyed this one...
I can only speak for myself but in a college game,I expect huge partys , people that act like young adults , huge drama , a lot of people fuck aroudn test their sexualitie and so on.... every cheracter that I perosanally think is interisting like his ex or chloe I think most other cheracters are too vanilla too me which is ok because everybody should have a person in a VN but I am scared that his ex and chloe will turn out vanilla too and all quite simmular from a personalitie and sexualitie perspectiv and that would be boring for me personaly.

Last edited:

TheLM2312

Apr 8, 2019
but the manipulator part was so interisting too me if this is all fake and every cheracter is like lauren than it is bad design or am I wrong?than they are all the same I want variety not that every girl is loyal,nerd only had one guy before and so on than they will all act the same.

but wouldnt this part be interisting if mult cheracters have diff personalities and sexualities? otherwise they are all simmular.You say on your own that for people that dont want this their are cheracters like lauren her sister i think? and penelope.

I can only speak for myself but in a college game,I expect huge partys , people that act like young adults , huge drama , a lot of people fuck aroudn test their sexualitie and so on.... every cheracter that I perosanally think is interisting like his ex or chloe I think most other cheracters are too vanilla too me which is ok because everybody should have a person in a VN but I am scared that his ex and chloe will turn out vanilla too and all quite simmular from a personalitie and sexualitie perspectiv and that would be boring for me personaly.
If you want a non-vanilla college themed VN, you should try Fetish Locator, That's a very good one! Or you should try the best one of the site... The one that can't be named, which is aka BAD

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
How do you get the riley scene before the boxing match despite being on riley path and took her to the dance?

bongopt

Sep 7, 2017
I'm thinking of starting this, how many playthroughs do you need to get most content?

Normally tou have the nice guy and dickhead paths, but this seems a bit more complex. What are the best strategies to get most scenes?

3.20 star(s) 192 Votes