Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
That's why i think College Kings had a huge potential with the massive amount of content and the women having their personnality, while some content was being better than other (the europe trip was surprisingly very interesting, the fraternity setup and rivalry is completely forgotten quickly by the devs) but it missed the goal by lacking in adapting the situation to the reader's choices and often going against the player choices .
That's true, for me the biggest example of this is when you're in europe and if you're dating Chloe, there's almost no interaction - she goes out during the days and comes home and you sleep in separate beds.

JustAlexKing

May 28, 2022
I think one of the *miss* College Kings is having (at least Act1 as i never played Act2) is that the game structure and story does not adapt to the women you choose to follow as girlfriend, close friend or women you want to avoid.

I mean during the story the MC is constantly going out of his way to meet alone with women that you had decided to basically reject at every dialogue opportunity while he even continue to talk to them nearly as if they were his girlfriend, while he'll be avoiding to spend time with the actual women that are supposed to be his closest friends and even his girlfriend (of course according to your choice on a playthrough).
The MC nearly never calling or being called by or meeting his selected girlfriend while constantly going to meet women he is supposed to dislike is just too unbelievable in term of storytelling.

That's why i think College Kings had a huge potential with the massive amount of content and the women having their personnality, while some content was being better than other (the europe trip was surprisingly very interesting, the fraternity setup and rivalry is completely forgotten quickly by the devs) but it missed the goal by lacking in adapting the situation to the reader's choices and often going against the player choices .
Yeah there's alot of things feels weird, probably cause the dev dont want to spent too much time tweaking every girl/guy and their scene/ dialogue, say you join the Apes like me, and u also punch the bozo whatever guy and piss off Imre, hence making him mad at you and move out, u didnt see him for a long while,till we beat his ass in the Fighting ring and the friendship is suppose to be over.

Then suddenly in the Europe trip, Imre and the MC are still friend, like nothing happen, then we also somehow friend + brother with Chris, the Wolf president, while lore wise we are suppose to be enemies and shouldnt even talk to each other ( this being mention somewhere early on in CK1), but no we chat together ,acting like we are BFF, we can defend Chris ,giving advise and such ( if u didnt choose to charm Nora into sleeping with you, which i know u all did), even though u didnt join the Wolf and talk to him like twice in that 1st frat party.

There's not much different later also, u can still convince him to support Chloe in her campaign even if you're an Ape, etc. Same with Imre, he seems to be fine with us hurting his manhood , beating his ass and join a rivalry frat that he hate so much. still same dialogue and affection toward the MC.

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
Yes, and i think the game would have gained a lot more consistency in having some story routes opening -and- closing depending on your decisions like it happens in Being a DIK (that is the obvious inspiration for CK).

In CK1 all the routes are always being open at all the time regardless of your decisions and never close, so it will always lead in that type of character interactions problems with the MC having positive or negative relations with some people making no sense in relation to the choices you made.

JustAlexKing

May 28, 2022
Yes, and i think the game would have gained a lot more consistency in having some story routes opening -and- closing depending on your decisions like it happens in Being a DIK (that is the obvious inspiration for CK).

In CK1 all the routes are always being open at all the time regardless of your decisions and never close, so it will always lead in that type of character interactions problems with the MC having positive or negative relations with some people making no sense in relation to the choices you made.
Technically there are routes being close, like Samantha route is Ape exclusive and Ms Rose route is Wolf exclusive, but yeah ofc it lacks variety, also i really dont like how im being force into certain path like Autumn + Lauren, i dont like em, plain and simple, but then i have to attend nearly everything they ask me to join, and it feel force, should have relationship option like Acquaintance, like if they throw a party, like the mud wrestling event in CK1 before the trip or the Halloween party early on in CK2 , with a lot of ppl joining, then sure, i will come and hang out, but i dont want to go to Autumn pet shop re opening or getting close with Lauren when it just the MC and her.

Reactions: Bloodguard

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
Mentionning Lauren, it reminds me on a CK1 playthrough i tried to go with a MC and Lauren loyal route, no cheating or outside flirt to see how the game would manage that (as the game push every women to the MC constantly).

During the Europe trip, once in Holland there's an event in which the MC is sitting along the canal with Amber and Lauren with Amber basically peer pressuring Lauren to give a shot at smoking marijuana, as a result Lauren gets hit hard from the smoking and fall unconscious .
She ends the night at the hospital with Amber convincing the MC that she being responsible should be watching over her instead of the MC despite being the boyfriend.
So far it all makes sense and fit the story somehow.

But the next day, the MC after waking up decided to go visit other women (i don't remember if it was on his own or after being called) and put the believability into the bin ... because honestly what the hell is the storytelling there ?
I mean how is it making any sense that the MC would rush to visit other women instead of rushing as soon as he's awake to the hospital to see how his girlfriend is after her night at the hospital ?

It's this kind of lack of coherency that really bring down the game to me, it's sad because it had huge potential with the characters being interesting and the atmosphere being well made despite some fail (like the lack of fraternities life or some characters being completely forgotten once you move mid-game) .
It feels events and story points are being played one after another without any care for the characters relationships current status, resulting in situations making unfortunately regularly no sense in regards to the characters involved.

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Dear I.S H,
this has to be the most bs review i have ever read...as no LOL reactions are allowed in the reviews section, had to put it here.:BootyTime:

apart from false ratings, the most laughable is that the main part of the "review" is calculation of how many sex scenes an average strory driven avn should have - per GB of size:LUL:

and then there goes comparison with some totally diff game/genre...to brag a bit more about frogs and nannies (a saying from my country when one doesnt know exactly wtf he is talking about, yet he continues nevertheless):HideThePain:

i do wish for a feature to rate/review reviews on this site...there would be so much fun, even more than in those games them selves....just imagine following "model" - this review has 2144 words and 13987 letters, yet it has only 15 mentions of sex or fuck, and only 5 "ž" letters. due to that i cant rate this review higher than one star!:KEK:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Dear I.S H,
this has to be the most bs review i have ever read...as no LOL reactions are allowed in the reviews section, had to put it here.:BootyTime:

apart from false ratings, the most laughable is that the main part of the "review" is calculation of how many sex scenes an average strory driven avn should have - per GB of size:LUL:

and then there goes comparison with some totally diff game/genre...to brag a bit more about frogs and nannies (a saying from my country when one doesnt know exactly wtf he is talking about, yet he continues nevertheless):HideThePain:

i do wish for a feature to rate/review reviews on this site...there would be so much fun, even more than in those games them selves....just imagine following "model" - this review has 2144 words and 13987 letters, yet it has only 15 mentions of sex or fuck, and only 5 "ž" letters. due to that i cant rate this review higher than one star!:KEK:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
that is kinda a weird review...... I mean he's not neccesarily wrong, but it's curiously selective. You could write the EXACT SAME review on Eternum, literally the highest rated game on the site.

I would love a system where reviewers were given ratings as a function of how objective/thorough their reviews were, unfortunately I cant think of anyway how this could be implemented without tons of abuse.

Reactions: Lexkar83 and Abhai

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
that is kinda a weird review...... I mean he's not neccesarily wrong, but it's curiously selective. You could write the EXACT SAME review on Eternum, literally the highest rated game on the site.

I would love a system where reviewers were given ratings as a function of how objective/thorough their reviews were, unfortunately I cant think of anyway how this could be implemented without tons of abuse.
Well, at a first guess I would say have the system reviewing the reviewers set up so that you need to have reviewed x amount of games and have received x amount of likes ( on your reviews) to be eligible to assess the review. That way you cut out the trolls and review bombers because, statistically, they won't put in the effort to get to that point and once they have it - They won't want to lose it.

Reactions: Abhai

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Well, at a first guess I would say have the system reviewing the reviewers set up so that you need to have reviewed x amount of games and have received x amount of likes ( on your reviews) to be eligible to assess the review. That way you cut out the trolls and review bombers because, statistically, they won't put in the effort to get to that point and once they have it - They won't want to lose it.
Unfortunately tho while cutting those out it would be rife with overinflations from the opposite of review bombers - review pumpers - ala games where many toss out 5 stars lilberally and get cheered on by the sycophants.

I can't think of a way that would judge a reviewer's past while excluding both kinds of reviews; underinflated and overinflated.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
A friendly reminder: The reworked Episode 2 will be released September 26th on Steam! So if anybody hasn't played the old version of Episode 2 and are curious to why people hate it so much, this is your last chance to try it before it's gone!

Reactions: dudeipoop

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
good the dev have not removed the Amber detective event about the finding Nora in the cabin case, there were some really hilarious dialogues and situations depending on the detective set you choose.
the other detective events were nowhere as funny so them getting axed or replaced are not a loss

Reactions: Night Hacker

bratkoratko

Jan 11, 2023
can someone tell me the current state of the game?never played it but heard from others that ck used to be great but eventually quality went down the toilet so now dev is reworking stuff
So what has been reworked and are rework near the end, should i wait until i play this or not
any input would be appreciated

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
can someone tell me the current state of the game?never played it but heard from others that ck used to be great but eventually quality went down the toilet so now dev is reworking stuff
So what has been reworked and are rework near the end, should i wait until i play this or not
any input would be appreciated
Try part one. It's free on steam. If you like it, you may enjoy the rest, but as of right now, part one is definitely higher quality than anything you will find in part 2.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
The boat murder mystery is included in part 1. Sorry, I meant CK 1 on Steam which is all of act 1 here. It ends with the return from Europe. I think the Europe trip is pretty fun, other than not spending much time with your GF if you have one, and not nearly enough sex scenes.
Oh yeah, I forgot, the original part 1 didnt even end promptly after the europe trip - it went far further until you have the fight with tom on the rainy night.

While I enjoyed the subsequent parts, I think you and others would agree they started to feel more like a series of vignettes, instead of an overarching story (e.g. Joining the frats, going to europe, etcetc)

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes