RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Was this a beta? Because this was buggy as fuck. The Emily scene doesn't even show up, but her texting shows up every time you finish with Amber no matter what path you're on.

Also, this update seemed like the choices mattered very little. Choosing to go with a girl or not, stay with one or not, had no impact on you missing out on something else. Skipping the protest and staying with Audrey does not equal a scene with Audrey, just a skipped scene with Autumn. It seemed like the choices didn't even matter, so why have them other than points in your personality wheel.

Also the fight scene is entirely bug ridden.

onitiyashi

Jan 11, 2020
Just started playing this, going confident route as of now, I must say I'm really enjoying it. I like the fast pace of everything and I'm sure we all can relate to some VNs/Games giving wayyyyy too much dialogue without any choices. Super dope game so far.

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020

With the 0.8.3 hotfix still having bugs, missing renders and other issues, fixing 0.8 to a fully bug free state will take another couple of days. We understand that the disappointment is big, especially since outside of the bugs, this update was very well received. There's exciting storylines, amazing sex scenes and multitude of community suggestions that were implemented. However, all of that is ruined by bugs and inconsistencies as it's hard to immerse yourself in a story that keeps crashing.

Why did the 0.8 release go so wrong?
We believe that the horrible state of the game on release day was not fair to any of you and below our expected standard.
0.8 was in development for 5 weeks. However, only 3 of those weeks were actually used directly on the game. Due to our massive growth, we almost tripled the size of the team, introduced a lot of new processes and revamped all of our organisation of assets and character models. That takes time.

Our only writer also quit unexpectedly, which meant finding a new writer as quickly as we can and altering old scenes to fit the new style. We also bought a render farm, but setup issues cause some renders to turn out grainy, and with thousands of renders being produced, a couple grainy ones are easy to miss.

While growing the team and adapting new processes makes future updates much easier and will increase their quality dramatically, it took away about 2 weeks of development time. As a team we decided to push on with our intended release date regardless, even if that meant a lot of overtime. Some of us worked pretty much 16 hours every day for 2-3 weeks straight.

We finished the development of the update on release day. This didn’t leave much time for beta testing. And even though we found and fixed as many bugs as we could, more deeply rooted issues and a corruption issues with our new download server only complicated the process. In hindsight we should have pushed the release back, but on release day we actually believed that we had found all the bugs. Oh how wrong we were...

Our commitment to bug free releases:
Now that the upgrading and revamping has been done, we no longer have to spend half of the development time on it. We now have a full 5 weeks for the April release. The plot is laid out & writing on 0.9 had already begun before 0.8 was even released. All of our new team members are now worked in and our development process is more organized and streamlined than ever before.

Instead of finishing the update on release day, we intend to finish it 5 days earlier, leaving almost an entire week for beta testing & bug fixing. We want release day issues to be a thing of the past and will do everything we can to achieve that.

Less crunch, fewer bugs and a more high quality update: that’s our commitment for 0.9.

Thank you so much for being so understanding and sending your love to me and the team even when we mess up. It means a lot to us and we truly appreciate being able to work on a game with such an amazing community.

If you have any questions, I’m happy to answer them in the comments.

All the best,

- Steve

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019

With the 0.8.3 hotfix still having bugs, missing renders and other issues, fixing 0.8 to a fully bug free state will take another couple of days. We understand that the disappointment is big, especially since outside of the bugs, this update was very well received. There's exciting storylines, amazing sex scenes and multitude of community suggestions that were implemented. However, all of that is ruined by bugs and inconsistencies as it's hard to immerse yourself in a story that keeps crashing.

Why did the 0.8 release go so wrong?
We believe that the horrible state of the game on release day was not fair to any of you and below our expected standard.
0.8 was in development for 5 weeks. However, only 3 of those weeks were actually used directly on the game. Due to our massive growth, we almost tripled the size of the team, introduced a lot of new processes and revamped all of our organisation of assets and character models. That takes time.

Our only writer also quit unexpectedly, which meant finding a new writer as quickly as we can and altering old scenes to fit the new style. We also bought a render farm, but setup issues cause some renders to turn out grainy, and with thousands of renders being produced, a couple grainy ones are easy to miss.

While growing the team and adapting new processes makes future updates much easier and will increase their quality dramatically, it took away about 2 weeks of development time. As a team we decided to push on with our intended release date regardless, even if that meant a lot of overtime. Some of us worked pretty much 16 hours every day for 2-3 weeks straight.

We finished the development of the update on release day. This didn’t leave much time for beta testing. And even though we found and fixed as many bugs as we could, more deeply rooted issues and a corruption issues with our new download server only complicated the process. In hindsight we should have pushed the release back, but on release day we actually believed that we had found all the bugs. Oh how wrong we were...

Our commitment to bug free releases:
Now that the upgrading and revamping has been done, we no longer have to spend half of the development time on it. We now have a full 5 weeks for the April release. The plot is laid out & writing on 0.9 had already begun before 0.8 was even released. All of our new team members are now worked in and our development process is more organized and streamlined than ever before.

Instead of finishing the update on release day, we intend to finish it 5 days earlier, leaving almost an entire week for beta testing & bug fixing. We want release day issues to be a thing of the past and will do everything we can to achieve that.

Less crunch, fewer bugs and a more high quality update: that’s our commitment for 0.9.

Thank you so much for being so understanding and sending your love to me and the team even when we mess up. It means a lot to us and we truly appreciate being able to work on a game with such an amazing community.

If you have any questions, I’m happy to answer them in the comments.

All the best,

- Steve

Have you thought about breaking the game up into Chapters or Seasons what ever you want to call them because an 8.37 GB download is pretty massive?

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
College Kings [v0.8.3] Undergrad Steve

Original Size Win/Linux: 8.37 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 916 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 881 MB: -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Last edited:

SsM

Jun 24, 2018
Should i download it now or wait for the next update
Id hold off a few days til they get a less buggy state version out. there wasnt much in this version tbh few talking scenes and a fight. Most of the time you were being warped from one spot way across town to your room in a instant felt super rushed. Maybe that was some of the bugs idk.. If your talking about just starting out the game its def worth playing til the current version no doubt. All the last patches were great.

Dovv

Feb 18, 2021

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 916 MB: MEGA - WORKUPLOAD
Compressed Size Mac: 881 MB: MEGA - WORKUPLOAD

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

Or you can:
You are really something else brother, can not thanks you enough for taming the beast :love:

tatomcm80

Jul 18, 2019
Another bug:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That image "larsjabend.jpg" is not missing but the folder "fight images".
larsjabend.png
Copy attach file: scene28_screens.rpy into CollegeKings-0.8.3-pc\game\v0.8
Paste it and overwrite original scene28_screens.rpy or rename original rpy to scene28_screens.rpy.bak and the paste it.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 916 MB: MEGA - WORKUPLOAD
Compressed Size Mac: 881 MB: MEGA - WORKUPLOAD

Or you can:
Yeah, really appreciate the effort Joker. Aren't you tired? let's call it a day and get some sleep.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
What would the world do without you :ROFLMAO:

Next time you compress something that big again, just look at Riona. It will gives you strength and motivation :love:
I sure will, that will be a great motivation

• Love
Reactions: Dovv
3.20 star(s) 190 Votes