FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
This is my upload and includes the entire College Kings game (just the game is called College Kings - Act I).
This is the last current version of College Kings.
Don't confuse it with College Kings 2.
Do you know the difference between Act I and Season I of College Kings? Act 1 is your version 1.1.2s, but Season 1 is version 15.1.0. Should I download Act 1 when I've already played Season 1?

richiman

May 3, 2022
Do you know the difference between Act I and Season I of College Kings? Act 1 is your version 1.1.2s, but Season 1 is version 15.1.0. Should I download Act 1 when I've already played Season 1?
Season 1 [15.1.0] - The old full version of College Kings.
Act 1 [1.1.2s] - The latest and current full version of College Kings.

Act I is simply the name of the game [College Kings - Act I].
In the latest version, added compatibility fixes for importing a game save into CK2.
I recommend that you play the last version of CK1, and then import the game save to CK2.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

In the latest version, added compatibility fixes for importing a game save into CK2.
I recommend that you play the last version of CK1, and then import the game save to CK2.
Thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: Éama

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016

Ouch, I finished playing the old version yesterday, and it's not a short game to click through...
I'll ping a mod and ask to remove version 15.1.0 (unless there are compelling reasons to keep it here, but I don't see them).

Edit: removal/marking obsolete request immediately rejected without comment.

Last edited:

richiman

May 3, 2022
Ouch, I finished playing the old version yesterday, and it's not a short game to click through...
I'll ping a mod and ask to remove version 15.1.0 (unless there are compelling reasons to keep it here, but I don't see them).

Edit: removal/marking obsolete request immediately rejected without comment.
15.1.0 is the version from Patreon, and 1.1.2s is the Steam version. It seems to me that it would be better if both versions stayed - let everyone choose what they prefer. There was also some content created for version 15.1.0, so all of that would die if that version of the game was removed. But for newcomers, I recommend starting with the current version 1.1.2s and then continuing with CK2.

Last edited:
Reactions: aminadab

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
15.1.0 is the version from Patreon, and 1.1.2s is the Steam version. It seems to me that it would be better if both versions stayed - let everyone choose what they prefer. There was also some content created for version 15.1.0, so all of that would die if that version of the game was removed. But for newcomers, I recommend starting with the current version 1.1.2s and then continuing with CK2.
Sounds reasonable. But an explanation about the versions in the OP would be welcome. I can't imagine I'm the only one wondering.

Reactions: damnaltf4

richiman

May 3, 2022
Sounds reasonable. But an explanation about the versions in the OP would be welcome. I can't imagine I'm the only one wondering.
This is true, but I already sent a message some time ago using "report" describing how this could be clarified. For now, I can't add anything more until the status of my report changes.

Mesmerizet

Mar 14, 2020
Aubrey sure has changed since early episodes. She used to be don't-give-a-fuck.

Now, she upsets easily.
Was she just upset around Nora or is there more drama too? I guess she doesn't want her partners to be stolen by her sister.

richiman

May 3, 2022
Description page has android as an OS, but nowhere is there an android port!! Have old version on my android and am waiting to update new version!! Come on!!!
People keep asking about the Android version: Android version currently is not officially supported. There are plans to create android versions but right now all android versions are created by 3rd parties and are outdated. In the search engine it is possible to find a port to Android for College Kings 2 [v1.0.0s], which is "borrowed" from some Russian site. After running this port, the site's advertisement appears, a new loading screen appears (not sure if it's just loading the game) and the game script crashes after every scene, so I don't even recommend checking it - tested on an emulator (I don't recommend checking it on a private device). I recommend waiting for the official Android version, if it appears.

richiman

May 3, 2022
can anybody help me witch one do i download theres like 3 different versions ?
CK1:

CK2:
Download 1.0.1s and then download v1.0.2s update and extract the update to 1.0.1s and replace the files.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
CK1:

CK2:
Download 1.0.1s and then download v1.0.2s update and extract the update to 1.0.1s and replace the files.
Funny, I just got done sorting out my files as I have all these versions and some backups. So i looked over each version, checked the dates on the files etc... and this is what I came up with (if anyone wishes to correct me, feel free)...

The latest versions are: College Kings 1 - v1.1.2s and College Kings 2 - v1.0.2s.

College Kings 1 seems to have had its version number redone to 1.1.2s etc. I deleted all other versions, kept the ones with the newer dates and larger file sizes etc.

I really wish people would name their files appropriately, like CollegeKings1-v1.1.2s and CollegeKings2-v1.0.2s. This way the game, first or second is clear, and the version is clear. I had to unzip and run some of them just to see which game they were due to poor naming. This naming NEEDS TO BE CLEANED UP AND CLARIFIED and all out of date version links DELETED to clear up confusion. This is so ridiculous I am about ready to ditch this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexCroft

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Funny, I just got done sorting out my files as I have all these versions and some backups. So i looked over each version, checked the dates on the files etc... and this is what I came up with (if anyone wishes to correct me, feel free)...

The latest versions are: College Kings 1 - v1.1.2s and College Kings 2 - v1.0.2s.

College Kings 1 seems to have had its version number redone to 1.1.2s etc. I deleted all other versions, kept the ones with the newer dates and larger file sizes etc.

I really wish people would name their files appropriately, like CollegeKings1-v1.1.2s and CollegeKings2-v1.0.2s. This way the game, first or second is clear, and the version is clear. I had to unzip and run some of them just to see which game they were due to poor naming. This naming NEEDS TO BE CLEANED UP AND CLARIFIED and all out of date version links DELETED to clear up confusion. This is so ridiculous I am about ready to ditch this game.
I understand your frustration. I haven't ditched the game but I have steered clear of it until they can get their head and their ass wired together. It is pointless to download either version until there is a definitive version of the first one with a fully functional save import feature. The path builder is just too unreliable when it comes to duplicating your save and if the path behind you is going to change your save will be corrupted and you will have to start from the beginning just to get a proper save to import. There are many other games to play while they unfuck this one.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I understand your frustration. I haven't ditched the game but I have steered clear of it until they can get their head and their ass wired together. It is pointless to download either version until there is a definitive version of the first one with a fully functional save import feature. The path builder is just too unreliable when it comes to duplicating your save and if the path behind you is going to change your save will be corrupted and you will have to start from the beginning just to get a proper save to import. There are many other games to play while they unfuck this one.
I just tested the latest version 2 (once I figured out what that was, which was a headache all by itself) and I was able to load in my old CK1 saved games. Actually, the interface was the standard load game interface you're used to seeing which was refreshing, so I MAY be able to play it again.

I would like to see the CollegeKings2-1.0.2s ZIP contain *.RPY files in it, not *.rpyc, as this updates v1.0.1s which has the RPY files. It is concievable that the RPY files could be automatically recompiled into RPYC files by the game itself, replacing the update and causing problems. I think 1.0.2s should contain rpy files, not rpyc as the game itself will create the rpyc files when it is run. Plus the game can be edited and modded with rpy files included.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020

Thanks for this, we're going to follow the same versioning as it makes the most sense.

Reactions: Night Hacker
3.20 star(s) 190 Votes