hexenhaus

Jul 20, 2017
College Kings [v0.5.3] Undergrad Steve

Original Size Win/Linux: 2.89 GB
Original Size Mac: 2.87 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 320 MB: MEGA
Compressed Size Mac: 303 MB: MEGA

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
Compressed version is broken for me:

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/play2.png'>:
Exception: Could not load image u'images/play2.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)"

Rule97

May 2, 2018
Is this from the creator of Being a DIK? Or people simply mix the two games?

Looks gorgeous, how many hours of content is there?

WhyNot

Apr 22, 2017
Just uploaded a error fix in the compressed post
Fix for the error when opening the game. (Just Copy the "game" folder from the fix to College Kings "game" folder)
Download: MEGA
Thanks for the fix, but still get an error when trying to view the scene gallery from the main menu:
Exception: Could not load image u'images/backtransp.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Also, not sure if it's because of the compressed version or not, but the phone icon never shows up for me (which makes it impossible to play correctly).

Reactions: JokerLeader

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Thanks for the fix, but still get an error when trying to view the scene gallery from the main menu:
Exception: Could not load image u'images/backtransp.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Also, not sure if it's because of the compressed version or not, but the phone icon never shows up for me (which makes it impossible to play correctly).
Phone works fine for me, open as i click on it, and it's allways there in the free roam or when i recive a message, as for the gallery, i'm fixing that right now.

Fixed the Gallery:

Last edited:
Reactions: WhyNot

JokerLeader

Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Thanks, again.

Hmm, weird that I don't get the phone icon. Even after decoding images back to PNGs, it doesn't show up.
Even in the original game the phone icon only shows when you recive a text for example, and it's allways on in the free roam.

1st Image Original Game, no phone in conversation

2nd Image Original Game, Phone allways on in the free roam.

It works the same way for me in the Compressed Version, the phone only shows when you recive something or in the Free roam.

Edit: for me it's working fine in the original and compressed versions.

3rd Image from the compressed version in the same scene you showed me.

4th Image is from the original game, works the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhyNot

WhyNot

Apr 22, 2017
Even in the original game the phone icon only shows when you recive a text for example, and it's allways on in the free roam.

1st Image Original Game, no phone in conversation

2nd Image Original Game, Phone allways on in the free roam.

It works the same way for me in the Compressed Version, the phone only shows when you recive something or in the Free roam.

Edit: for me it's working fine in the original and compressed versions.

3rd Image from the compressed version in the same scene you showed me.

4th Image is from the original game, works the same.
Figured it out: Using UnRen to install Transparent text box Mod (v2.5.9) messed it up. Deleting "y_outline.rpy" & "y_outline.rpyc" (to uninstall that mod) fixed it.

edit: Also, had to restart after removing the Transparent text box Mod.

edit 2: Found that, after deleting "y_outline" files, setting "quick_menu=True" in the console let me continue from the save, without having to start over (not that I was all that far).

Thanks for the help in trying to fix it.

Last edited:

JokerLeader

Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Figured it out: Using UnRen to install Transparent text box Mod (v2.5.9) messed it up. Deleting "y_outline.rpy" & "y_outline.rpyc" (to uninstall that mod) fixed it.

You are welcome.

Good luck in fixing that issue.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
UndergradSteve, any chance we could be allowed to name pages (a Ren'Py default feature) so we can play different paths and keep saves easier to track? I'd like one playthrough to focus on Lauren, for instance, another on Chloe, another on Riley, etc.

XerxesBlack

Jun 14, 2020

edit: Also, had to restart after removing the Transparent text box Mod.

edit 2: Found that, after deleting "y_outline" files, setting "quick_menu=True" in the console let me continue from the save, without having to start over (not that I was all that far).

Cheers for the fix. I always play with the added outline mod.

3.20 star(s) 190 Votes