C.M.Cas

Shameless Dev
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2018
Already said that, but, again, this game is so great! I love this university setting, and the story of C.Kings keep the drama and the action lines of choices very well balanced. I'll stay tunned for the next update. Keep the good work, dev!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Hello!

I just started playing this game the other day, but I'm really enjoying it so far. But for some reason I'm not able to Save my progress. I keep running into this error:
Python:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/v7/v7.rpy", line 6088, in script
    u "Love your costume. You look amazing!"
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 397, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <function show_screen at 0x103a6a1f0>: it's not the same object as renpy.display.screen.show_screen

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/v7/v7.rpy", line 6088, in script
    u "Love your costume. You look amazing!"
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 930, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/exports.py", line 1473, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 1259, in __call__
    return Character(kind=self, **kwargs)(what, interact=interact, _call_done=_call_done, multiple=multiple, _mode=_mode, _with_none=_with_none)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 1352, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 1003, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 693, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3579, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 4540, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1177, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1177, in event
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 770, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1138, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1071, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 368, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 375, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 397, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loadsave.py", line 427, in save
    reraise(t, e, tb)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loadsave.py", line 413, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "/Users/jscolli2/Documents/RenPy/CollegeKings.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/compat/pickle.py", line 103, in dump
    pickle.dump(o, f, pickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL if highest else PROTOCOL)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <function show_screen at 0x103a6a1f0>: it's not the same object as renpy.display.screen.show_screen

macOS-13.4.1-arm64-arm-64bit arm64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
College Kings 1.3.17
Mon Aug  7 17:45:17 2023
Can anyone help me out? I keep having to hope that an Automatic Save was made recently every time I stop playing for a minute!

Edit: After several hours of additional gameplay, I now realize that not only has the Auto Save feature also broken, it took all the previous auto saves with it. I'm boned.
erm which mods are you running?

I would try deleting both 'persistent' save files then re-launching game and loading a save.

hd199

Feb 15, 2020
Official paid Walkthroughs:

College Kings 2 [3.1.13]:

Episode I
Episode II
Episode III
-

College Kings [1.3.17]:

Act I
Act II
Act III
PDF
Full
when will ep 3 walkthrough come out??

Reactions: Kryptic123456

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
what is exactly reworked in act1?? is it still boring like no competition ,no drama ,no story ,no consequences, plot armor untouchable mc always win,just collect girls like pokemon?? and is season 2 better in terms of competiion ,drama ,story , kinks ...............................??

or is it still the same...

Last edited:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
what is exactly reworked in act1?? is it still boring like no competition ,no drama ,no story ,no consequences, plot armor untouchable mc always win,just collect girls like pokemon?? and is season 2 better in terms of competiion ,drama ,story , kinks ...............................??

or is it still the same...
It's supposed to be laid back like that, this is the classic carefree college game. If you want tentacles and dog sex, look elsewhere. So to answer your question - the rework was more changing combat and mechanical things not content things.

richiman

May 3, 2022
any news on episode 3 walkthrough??
No. It doesn't make sense to do a walkthrough if they rework Episode 2 and make changes to Episode 3 to keep the narrative consistent. After the Episode 2 update, the official walkthrough for Episode 2 will probably be obsolete.

Reactions: Leonin

Kazami

NTR BEST GENRE
Donor
May 26, 2017
Game needs NTR/Sharing, MC is so beta looking and boring (the model is also overused) that i'm pretty sure he's in a mental hospital and everything that's happening is a fantasy. Not using some members of the APES as bulls is wasted potential. Let the girls you're not pursuing fuck other people. I remember in the first Act, there is a scene where a guy was fucking Aubrey in the dorms, what happened with that? Also, the parties in this game are so empty lmao, I assume it's because of PC limitations. Nora is the only interesting Love Interest even though she's a cheating whore. I thought there was going to be some sharing on the Aubrey photoshoot with this Laslo(?) guy, but i'm pretty sure he's gay so.... there's that. You can choose the sexual fantasy of having a threesome with another guy, so there's hope of tag teaming Nora in the future at least. Don't really have a problem with the writing, i don't think this is a story you're supposed to take seriously, with all the amount of manwhoring there is.

MrBlue36

Jun 17, 2017
So I added some TM points using reputation.add_point(RepComponent.TROUBLEMAKER, 15). realised I missed out some scenes before so I reloaded a save from 10 mins ago and now I have some extra stat/variable text on my screen.

Any idea how i could turn this off?

EDIT: Fixed it by reloading the scripts SHIFT + R
Screenshot_1.png

dranoman

Apr 11, 2021
I believe a lot of people were constantly at him for this being a BaD clone (Which it really isn't) and the game was not in a great shape prior the extensive updates and reworks. I tell ya, Joshy... This place has quite a few religious zealot maniacs who don't like AVNs set in a similar setting to their favourite. They get extremely territorial.
It’s definitely “we have Being a DIK at home” clone energy but that’s not a reason to be a jerk.

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
i really don't understand there is collage kings 1 and 2 and there is act 1 and act 2 and before rework ? i just downloaded College Kings [ACT 1 v1.3.17] should i play this and act 2 or what ?

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I believe a lot of people were constantly at him for this being a BaD clone (Which it really isn't) and the game was not in a great shape prior the extensive updates and reworks. I tell ya, Joshy... This place has quite a few religious zealot maniacs who don't like AVNs set in a similar setting to their favourite. They get extremely territorial.
It’s definitely “we have Being a DIK at home” clone energy but that’s not a reason to be a jerk.
I agree it's similar in setting, but different in other areas. Both the conversation and art styles are very different, and both have their benefits.

In writing, Badik has a more serious tone, whereas CK has a more carefree tone. That's not to say Badik doesn't have moments of levity or CK doesn't have seriousness, but overall each games' scenes tend to follow. It's like comparing Timothy Dalton's Bond to Roger Moore's Bond, some will prefer one over the other. Myself, depends on my mood.

In art style, the girls in Badik are typically heavily made-up, and dressed provocatively to match. The girls in CK are typically dressed in a non-descript way, and with a few exceptions have a more natural makeup style. In this category I prefer the CK look, girls who actually look like 'the girl next door' as opposed to 'the stripper who lives next door'.

i really don't understand there is collage kings 1 and 2 and there is act 1 and act 2 and before rework ? i just downloaded College Kings [ACT 1 v1.3.17] should i play this and act 2 or what ?
Yeah it's confusing as hell how they notated the versions. IIRC, "before rework" was the original game, went up to and beyond Europe trip, then ended when you have a fight with Tom on the rainy street.

Post rework, I believe Act1 corresponds to "ck1", whereas Act2 and beyond are "ck2". Act1 post rework contains nearly everything that was in the original "before rework", I think they just tweaked the fight scenes? The download on the first page here for "Act2" also includes "Act3" - but you need to use the steam api thingie buried in this thread somewhere.

Long story short, I'd ignore the 'before rework' and download both Act1 and Act2, also use the steam api thing to unlock Act3.

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my compressed Android ports of College Kings Act 1 to v1.3.17 and Act 2 to v3.1.12.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Due to the size of these games, I've split them out so you will need to install the apk, run it to get it to create the game folder that can be found in your Documents folder: Act 1 = Documents/Eonor/e.collegekings/game and Act 2 = Documents/Eonor/e.collegekings2/game. Then move the archive.rpa file into that folder and re-run the port.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Act 1 (v1.3.17):

Act 2 (v3.1.12):

Reactions: taxman80

Heabob

Dec 24, 2018
Fun game for the most part but it's quite odd the MC gets more sex from FWB's than actual GF's.
Chloe as GF for example in Europe, the MC only has sex with his GF once or twice the entire trip.

Both are too tired, too busy, or whatever, so they must be in their 50's I guess.
Chloe is either missing at night or sleeping when the MC gets back.

When the MC has sex with Chloe in bed he gets up and puts his clothes on and gets back in bed to cuddle.
Very unrealistic as most couples would cuddle naked after sex but since they are grandparents, lol, they don't anymore.
Probably why they only fucked twice during the entire trip.
As BF/GF they should have been bangin' each other every night at the very least.
Maybe Chloe was off fucking someone else and that's why she was either gone or tired.

As soon as the MC starts making more BF points with Aubrey, or others, that's the end of sex for them.
Start dating and no sex is so unrealistic and it's probably because of the story jumping all over like a rabbit rather
than focusing in on relationships more deeply.
Can't focus on just having one relationship with one girl because the MC would become a monk.

Too many BJ's and they shouldn't be counted as sex and there should have been more pussy sex at least IMO.

I know it's more of a story type game than a fap game but I prefer a bit more sex so it would more balanced between both.
At least what sex scenes are included are done very well but I don't know if I'll play through again or not.
I'll probably just wait for updates and continue on.

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes