HWK1590

Feb 9, 2022
Fun game for the most part but it's quite odd the MC gets more sex from FWB's than actual GF's.
Chloe as GF for example in Europe, the MC only has sex with his GF once or twice the entire trip.

Both are too tired, too busy, or whatever, so they must be in their 50's I guess.
Chloe is either missing at night or sleeping when the MC gets back.

When the MC has sex with Chloe in bed he gets up and puts his clothes on and gets back in bed to cuddle.
Very unrealistic as most couples would cuddle naked after sex but since they are grandparents, lol, they don't anymore.
Probably why they only fucked twice during the entire trip.
As BF/GF they should have been bangin' each other every night at the very least.
Maybe Chloe was off fucking someone else and that's why she was either gone or tired.

As soon as the MC starts making more BF points with Aubrey, or others, that's the end of sex for them.
Start dating and no sex is so unrealistic and it's probably because of the story jumping all over like a rabbit rather
than focusing in on relationships more deeply.
Can't focus on just having one relationship with one girl because the MC would become a monk.

Too many BJ's and they shouldn't be counted as sex and there should have been more pussy sex at least IMO.

I know it's more of a story type game than a fap game but I prefer a bit more sex so it would more balanced between both.
At least what sex scenes are included are done very well but I don't know if I'll play through again or not.
I'll probably just wait for updates and continue on.
My biggest problem is that with the redoing of old chapters, it's taking forever for the story to actually progress. And yeah, definitely not enough good scenes with whoever you choose to get into a relationship with. It's kind of ridiculous.

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
I'm not sure if there was a new writer for the Act1 but the version i have been reading ( 1.3.17 ) is filled with *chuckles* every couple of dialogue lines.
It's frankly so annoying and borderline infuriating that it really make it hard to appreciate the story and characters dialogues when there's a *chuckles* every couple of lines.

It's sad because there's some good in College Kings "act 1" light hearted approach and even if everyone having a big smile constantly everytime they talk is a bit too uncanny valley, it's those insane amount of repeated *chuckles* in the dialogues that are making it hard to enjoy the story to its potential.

JustAlexKing

May 28, 2022
I agree it's similar in setting, but different in other areas. Both the conversation and art styles are very different, and both have their benefits.

In writing, Badik has a more serious tone, whereas CK has a more carefree tone. That's not to say Badik doesn't have moments of levity or CK doesn't have seriousness, but overall each games' scenes tend to follow. It's like comparing Timothy Dalton's Bond to Roger Moore's Bond, some will prefer one over the other. Myself, depends on my mood.

In art style, the girls in Badik are typically heavily made-up, and dressed provocatively to match. The girls in CK are typically dressed in a non-descript way, and with a few exceptions have a more natural makeup style. In this category I prefer the CK look, girls who actually look like 'the girl next door' as opposed to 'the stripper who lives next door'.

Yeah it's confusing as hell how they notated the versions. IIRC, "before rework" was the original game, went up to and beyond Europe trip, then ended when you have a fight with Tom on the rainy street.

Post rework, I believe Act1 corresponds to "ck1", whereas Act2 and beyond are "ck2". Act1 post rework contains nearly everything that was in the original "before rework", I think they just tweaked the fight scenes? The download on the first page here for "Act2" also includes "Act3" - but you need to use the steam api thingie buried in this thread somewhere.

Long story short, I'd ignore the 'before rework' and download both Act1 and Act2, also use the steam api thing to unlock Act3.
what is this about act 3 in CK2 needed steam api to unlock, im confuse, i just finish CK1 and start CK2 now.

JustAlexKing

May 28, 2022
Should i use the "Load CK1 save" function in the latest version of CK 2,is it stable now (ask cuz the warning), i dont want to feel like all the choice i've made before in CK1 go to waste , dont wanna ditch that and use "story recap start" option.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I remember last year when I found this game on steam
Season one was free so I thought I would try it
I loved it after ten minutes

Heck as soon as I saw Nora I wanted my mc to propose to her right then and there lol
Anyway I do think this game is underrated

• Haha
Reactions: Bloodguard

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
used Rpaex to extract files and notepad++ to batch replace words

Removed the 867 *Laughs* and 1721 *Chuckles* in order to not throw my monitor through the window when reading the dialogues of Act 1 .

Note : that is for the english version of Act 1 (i think it correspond to College Kings 1), it will not work in case you're playing with a translation and will not work for Act 2 .
You'll have to do it yourself if you use a non english translation version of the game.

To use, just drop all the v1 v2 v3 v4 ...etc... v14 folders from the NoChuckles.zip into your ...\CollegeKingsDirectory\game\
If for some reason you want the 867 *Laughs* and 1721 *Chuckles* from the dialogues back, just delete those v1 v2 v3 v4 ...etc... v14 to get them back

Download :

EDIT : removing all those insane amount of *chuckles* and *laughs* in the dialogues will lead sometime to a character saying nothing (because his/her only dialogue line was either one of those annoying *chuckles* or a *laugh*
In case you're annoyed by that, i made a version of the NoChuckles mod , NoChuckles2.zip, that will fill those nothing "dialogue" with more variants of *chuckles* or *laughs* . But the largest amount of those 867 *Laughs* and 1721 *Chuckles* will still removed don't worry.
Download :

Last edited:
Reactions: StpdMggt

richiman

May 3, 2022
what is this about act 3 in CK2 needed steam api to unlock, im confuse, i just finish CK1 and start CK2 now.
College Kings 2 - Episode 1 only contains Episode 1 as the name of the game says. Episode 2 and 3 are added as DLCs. When you complete Episode 1, the game code checks to see if you have Steam running and an activated licence for Episode 2. If the game code does not detect Steam running and a licence then the game will use another line of code which will trigger the end screen. The Steam Api replacer acts as a Steam emulator and this will be detected as if you have a licence for the game, allowing you to continue with the DLC (Episode 2). You need to use this replacer or an in-game command that will allow you to jump to the game code that launches Episode 2 or 3, as the game already contains the Episode 2 and 3 files.

Should i use the "Load CK1 save" function in the latest version of CK 2,is it stable now (ask cuz the warning), i dont want to feel like all the choice i've made before in CK1 go to waste , dont wanna ditch that and use "story recap start" option.
Yes, if you want to load the game save from College Kings and transfer all the choices from CK1 to CK2.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
It doesn't track all your choices properly with imported saves, and you will miss some content due to this. Doing the recap and remaking the major choices seems to be the only way to get some scenes to trigger right now. Especially the teachers anger fuck scene, as you won't get this with imported saves right now.

JustAlexKing

May 28, 2022
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

JustAlexKing

May 28, 2022
It doesn't track all your choices properly with imported saves, and you will miss some content due to this. Doing the recap and remaking the major choices seems to be the only way to get some scenes to trigger right now. Especially the teachers anger fuck scene, as you won't get this with imported saves right now.
Thats a bit odd consider how both game is made by the same people, and they decide not to make a proper save transfer function for their game thus making your gameplay / choices on CK 1 save completely useless, force u to start fresh on CK 2, thats a weird design choice if u ask me.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Thats a bit odd consider how both game is made by the same people, and they decide not to make a proper save transfer function for their game thus making your gameplay / choices on CK 1 save completely useless, force u to start fresh on CK 2, thats a weird design choice if u ask me.
I don't think it was a design choice, I think it was a screw up, but this game is pretty notorious for bugs like that, and they rarely get fixed in any kind of timely manner.
Honestly, being a fan of this game comes with an awful lot of frustration. It has always shown a lot of potential, and never quite measured up to it. I just keep playing for Nora these days. :devilish:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Honestly, being a fan of this game comes with an awful lot of frustration.
Indeed, yet the sheer volume of gameplay is relatively unmatched in the genre - excluding badik. Also I think the writing is better here too (tho this is contentious and I discussed in my last post)

Reactions: Pinsel

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
I think one of the *miss* College Kings is having (at least Act1 as i never played Act2) is that the game structure and story does not adapt to the women you choose to follow as girlfriend, close friend or women you want to avoid.

I mean during the story the MC is constantly going out of his way to meet alone with women that you had decided to basically reject at every dialogue opportunity while he even continue to talk to them nearly as if they were his girlfriend, while he'll be avoiding to spend time with the actual women that are supposed to be his closest friends and even his girlfriend (of course according to your choice on a playthrough).
The MC nearly never calling or being called by or meeting his selected girlfriend while constantly going to meet women he is supposed to dislike is just too unbelievable in term of storytelling.

That's why i think College Kings had a huge potential with the massive amount of content and the women having their personnality, while some content was being better than other (the europe trip was surprisingly very interesting, the fraternity setup and rivalry is completely forgotten quickly by the devs) but it missed the goal by lacking in adapting the situation to the reader's choices and often going against the player choices .

3.20 star(s) 191 Votes