VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Dude... you're "meant" to deny the BJ from Lana. Situation is clearly very weird and Lana doesn't seem to be in her right mind, either acting out of coercion or trauma is my guess.
. . . were you, though? Personally, I think denying her is the more obvious choice: don't abuse power one technically has over someone else. She's obviously proud (not in a negative way) and feels like she has to prove herself to others — and herself. I believe she's clearly already done that, however. She wouldn't be in the position she is were she not clearly amazing as a soldier.

But I think her personality and skill in the military have isolated her. I don't think she was all horny for the MC's dick or anything, but I think letting her do it could start building actual, meaningful intimacy with her as things move forward. I'm definitely not saying I'm right, but I can see it both ways. For now, at least, I don't think there's an obvious intent to rule either option out.

Last edited:

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
. . . were you, though? Personally, I think denying her is the more obvious choice (don't abuse power one technically has over someone else). She's obviously proud (not in a negative way) and feels like she has to prove herself to others (and herself). I believe she's clearly already done that, however. She wouldn't be in the position she is were she not clearly amazing as a soldier.

But I think her personality and skill in the military have isolated her. I don't think she was all horny for the MC's dick or anything, but I think letting her do it could start building actual, meaningful intimacy with her as things move forward. I'm definitely not saying I'm right, but I can see it both ways. For now, at least, I don't think there's an obvious intent to rule either option out.
Good point.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
. . . were you, though? Personally, I think denying her is the more obvious choice (don't abuse power one technically has over someone else). She's obviously proud (not in a negative way) and feels like she has to prove herself to others (and herself). I believe she's clearly already done that, however. She wouldn't be in the position she is were she not clearly amazing as a soldier.

Yeah it's why I put "meant" in quotation marks. Obviously there's a lot of trickery going on, but talking about the most straightforward interpretation, I think it's meant to be a weird "this isn't right" situation.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
today i found this :

View attachment 1653673

View attachment 1653674

is this the condition of the mc ?

never heard of this and had to search - its an actual medical condition
Yeah, from what I can remember it's extremely rare, but it does exist. Something about, metaphorically speaking, wires in the brain being crossed so signals don't get interpreted properly. I don't remember how it comes about (what genetic flaw causes this outcome), but since it's so rare I'm not surprised many haven't heard of it. I only heard of one case in the past (there have been more for sure, but I only heard about this condition once), and that was a couple of decades ago IIRC.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
is this the condition of the mc ?
Think the MC's condition is more some traumatic reflex, he does hear sound but it's more like it's scrambled.
Hearing colors probably is a condition you're born with much like being colorblind.

Previous "studies of brain function using magnetic resonance imaging confirm that synesthesia is a real biological phenomenon," said senior study author Simon Fisher, director of the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics in the Netherlands. For example, when people with synesthesia "hear" color, brain scans show that there's activity in the parts of the brain linked to both sight and sound, he said. (Not all people with the condition "hear" sights, however; the condition can also link other senses.

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Think the MC's condition is more some traumatic reflex, he does hear sound but it's more like it's scrambled.
Hearing colors probably is a condition you're born with much like being colorblind.

Previous "studies of brain function using magnetic resonance imaging confirm that synesthesia is a real biological phenomenon," said senior study author Simon Fisher, director of the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics in the Netherlands. For example, when people with synesthesia "hear" color, brain scans show that there's activity in the parts of the brain linked to both sight and sound, he said. (Not all people with the condition "hear" sights, however; the condition can also link other senses.
Basically this. MC does not suffer from synesthesia.

MC is subconsciously blocking/scrambling music specifically. He can still hear sounds just fine. He can still distinguish and identify patterns and origins of sounds, etc. What he hears when he hears music is just noise because the "soul" or "colour" of music is lost to him. He derives no joy nor any emotion out of music.

Imagine someone just banging the table trying to play a song. In their head, it makes perfect sense, it sounds just like what they think they're hearing. But to others, without context, that's rarely the case. That's essentially what MC hears.

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes