VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Here's my trust chart so far:

People I strongly trust: None

People I slightly trust: Lana, Blanche

People I slightly distrust: Elise, Dizzy, Vera, Hilde

People I strongly distrust: Mireille, Safiya, Aria, Blume (OK, possibly not a person)

Kill list: Safiya, Aria

This is a great game with a really unique atmosphere and psychological tension!
I'm with Miri. I distrust everyone. This includes even MC considering that implant and his really lucid dreams about June.

Lana and Dizzy are much too eager to get close to MC. I don't trust that it is admiration or love at first sight.

All the house people clearly have their own agenda. Miri and Safiya at least are pretty upfront about it, in difference to Elise and Blanche. I doubt the people that gave Blanche a new life did so for fun and have some plans for her. And Elise and her Aunt also have something they want to get out of this.

Vera has a lot more secrets hidden. Doubt that team would be sent to investigate the information theft otherwise.

Hilde is cooperating with that Lord that Safiya is blackmailing.

Wild speculation: June is a Rebel and knew about the Day of Infamy attack. She wanted to lose her virginity because she knew she might not survive the next day.

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
I'm with Miri. I distrust everyone. This includes even MC considering that implant and his really lucid dreams about June.
That could very well be the right call, especially at this early stage in the game. Everyone certainly is suspicious on one level or another. My thinking, though, is that you'll have to trust someone at least a little bit just to have any sort of functional team. If you totally embrace the paranoia, won't that inevitably be paralyzing? If everyone is equally untrustworthy, how do you pick anyone to do important missions or allow anyone with highly lethal weaponry at her disposal to be at your back? I'm sure we'll need to continually evaluate everyone in light of new information as well. Basically, we're gonna need a lot of saves...a lot of freakin' saves.

I think it's inevitable that most of the team members will be serving their house to some extent or another...that's part of the reason they were selected in the first place. Trying to root out all the espionage and politics would probably be an exercise in futility. My main concerns are people going totally rogue and completely undermining missions or just shooting the MC or other important characters in the back. Also, Safiya selling space crack to schoolchildren on every planet we visit. The Navy does NOT condone that sort of behavior.

I like your June theory. She's one of the most mysterious characters in the game to me, and your theory about her is as reasonable as any I've heard. I'm sure we'll be learning much more about her in the chapters to come.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
That could very well be the right call, especially at this early stage in the game. Everyone certainly is suspicious on one level or another. My thinking, though, is that you'll have to trust someone at least a little bit just to have any sort of functional team. If you totally embrace the paranoia, won't that inevitably be paralyzing? If everyone is equally untrustworthy, how do you pick anyone to do important missions or allow anyone with highly lethal weaponry at her disposal to be at your back? I'm sure we'll need to continually evaluate everyone in light of new information as well. Basically, we're gonna need a lot of saves...a lot of freakin' saves.

I think it's inevitable that most of the team members will be serving their house to some extent or another...that's part of the reason they were selected in the first place. Trying to root out all the espionage and politics would probably be an exercise in futility. My main concerns are people going totally rogue and completely undermining missions or just shooting the MC or other important characters in the back. Also, Safiya selling space crack to schoolchildren on every planet we visit. The Navy does NOT condone that sort of behavior.

I like your June theory. She's one of the most mysterious characters in the game to me, and your theory about her is as reasonable as any I've heard. I'm sure we'll be learning much more about her in the chapters to come.
In my mind it isn't about trusting them. It is about trusting their self interest. The problem is that our MC doesn't have much idea what that is beyond being in SOS Nu. For the moment that is enough, but he need to get to know their goals for being in SOS Nu ASAP. Everyone seem much more well prepared for this mission compared to MC unfortunately.

Safiya is going to be a problem on another level since she has no problem getting her way by whatever means necessary. And has the power and connections to do so. By the looks of it, this is something she has planned for some time as well.

With regards to MC leading by consensus. I think that is more by necessity. He really feels out of depth with regards doing investigations of this kind so need lot of help. But with the raid on the warehouse we can see MC take charge fully.

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
In my mind it isn't about trusting them. It is about trusting their self interest. The problem is that our MC doesn't have much idea what that is beyond being in SOS Nu. For the moment that is enough, but he need to get to know their goals for being in SOS Nu ASAP. Everyone seem much more well prepared for this mission compared to MC unfortunately.

Safiya is going to be a problem on another level since she has no problem getting her way by whatever means necessary. And has the power and connections to do so. By the looks of it, this is something she has planned for some time as well.

With regards to MC leading by consensus. I think that is more by necessity. He really feels out of depth with regards doing investigations of this kind so need lot of help. But with the raid on the warehouse we can see MC take charge fully.
That's exactly it. That's one of the main intentions of the warehouse scene - to show what the MC is like when he is doing what he is good at, when he is not out of his element. The reason the MC has been put into a more reactive position is because of the lack of intel. He is being cautious because he has to. But I do think he is quite intelligent in how he handles the situation.

There's also the problem of motivation. The MC is not motivated by self-interest. He's a broken soldier. The mission is what's important to him. That's not to say he's devoid of humanity either, he's not a robot. However, if the priority is the mission and he is the leader, part of his responsibility is to make sure the team gets the job done despite everything.

Lastly, CoMS is very meta. You're railroaded into this story with little choice, not unlike the MC. When the story starts to get more choices, that's when the MC also gets to take the initiative and forge his own destiny. There are more layers to this, but that would be spoilers ;)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The story is compelling about the different motivations of babes, MC is clearly lacking.
In this type of scenario, with a demotivated captain, sg bilko is your friend,
not into anything that deeply, starting a lot of stuff with no conclusions in sight,
loose ends everywhere, while his subjects look to trump and trick him,
he is tirelessly trying to cover for all of their missdeeds.
That's exactly it. That's one of the main intentions of the warehouse scene - to show what the MC is like when he is doing what he is good at, when he is not out of his element. The reason the MC has been put into a more reactive position is because of the lack of intel. He is being cautious because he has to. But I do think he is quite intelligent in how he handles the situation.

There's also the problem of motivation. The MC is not motivated by self-interest. He's a broken soldier. The mission is what's important to him. That's not to say he's devoid of humanity either, he's not a robot. However, if the priority is the mission and he is the leader, part of his responsibility is to make sure the team gets the job done despite everything.

Lastly, CoMS is very meta. You're railroaded into this story with little choice, not unlike the MC. When the story starts to get more choices, that's when the MC also gets to take the initiative and forge his own destiny. There are more layers to this, but that would be spoilers ;)
Will be interesting where this all comes to a head.
Thank you for all the beautiful babes and their distinct plot lines,
all of which draw us in, itching for hot scenes.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

Lana and Dizzy are much too eager to get close to MC. I don't trust that it is admiration or love at first sight.

All the house people clearly have their own agenda. Miri and Safiya at least are pretty upfront about it, in difference to Elise and Blanche. I doubt the people that gave Blanche a new life did so for fun and have some plans for her. And Elise and her Aunt also have something they want to get out of this.

Vera has a lot more secrets hidden. Doubt that team would be sent to investigate the information theft otherwise.

Hilde is cooperating with that Lord that Safiya is blackmailing.

Wild speculation: June is a Rebel and knew about the Day of Infamy attack. She wanted to lose her virginity because she knew she might not survive the next day.
I've gotten to where I distrust everyone so much I'm losing interest in the story. In small unit operations you have to be able to trust your teammates, or you're dead. I can "suspend disbelief" for a lot of things in a story, but some things are so ingrained I just can't and some of these people would disappear if they were on my ops - maybe all of them.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I've gotten to where I distrust everyone so much I'm losing interest in the story. In small unit operations you have to be able to trust your teammates, or you're dead. I can "suspend disbelief" for a lot of things in a story, but some things are so ingrained I just can't and some of these people would disappear if they were on my ops - maybe all of them.
To be fair. This operation seem to be more politics by proxy than actual investigation so far. :)

Reactions: PapaPhat

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
We're doing another Best Girl poll for the latest update!

I'll be making another 4K wallpaper with the winning girl :giggle:
Me a Miri stan:

I don't need to look at the poll. I'm pretty sure Miri is winning.

Wait... Lana is winning? WTF?!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
We're doing another Best Girl poll for the latest update!

I'll be making another 4K wallpaper with the winning girl :giggle:
Shameless reposting of previous poll wallpapers... Can't post the 4K version here :cry: You can find them on Discord (y).

Looks like Lana or Mireille will win yet again :eek:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Shameless reposting of previous poll wallpapers... Can't post the 4K version here :cry: You can find them on Discord (y).

Looks like Lana or Mireille will win yet again :eek:
Both my laptop and my tower are 1080p max anyway. I can get 1440p to load and it looks great but 4k is an overload. 4k images take a long time to load and often refuse to fully render. 4k video and gameplay are slide shows, a pixelated mess or just CTD. 1080p images are fine, my friend. And, certainly happy that both of my favorite girls finished on top! :cool: (y)

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes