VN - Ren'Py - Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Draxo

Super thorough premise, with a universe that seems to rival that of Starship Inanna's.

Writing wise, seems to be able to entice me well enough, and as someone that skips most of the dialogue in most games, I found myself reading every single one in this. The slight uncertainty and mystery is definitely a good bonus. Also love the slight comical moments, regarding the quick camera angles and slight eye contact, attention to detail by Gallant is great!

Renders look amazing, and though not overtly over the top, the setting is just right. Sometimes simple is fine, as long as it captures the vibes properly. Suffice to say, the renders definitely have captured the vibes Gallant has intended.

I definitely have high hopes for this game, the premise seems vast and enticing, my only suggestion is to be well organised with the storyline, plot, and the characters. Sometimes creators can get lost in the different plots and subplots when there are too many.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Osider

This game is refreshing, some intrigue, and information to found, the render are quite good (just hoped to have choice over the gender, but not really a big problem), i will say 4 star because of this and the fact there is not really many choice, yes here you have choice that change story, but i don't have seen many choice who change our relationship with bloum, yes we have the order to accept the ship, but not to are friendly with it and the privacy loss.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

maninx

A mystery thriller VN with sci-fi setting that has tremendous potential

Off to a solid start
    An original plot with an intriguing story that has unique settings very rare to come across a VN such as this with very high production quality that also has its own story universe
    Top notch writing and well written dialogues combined with great story telling make the VN very engaging; enjoyed reading it
    Top notch renders with new hot models a lot of new assets used for setting up the environment to give an immersive experience
    Great character building with interesting persona and backstory
    Like the name of the title "color of my sound" gives off a nice vibe as well as aptly relates to the MC's life the main story

It's missing some sfx,music and animations I guess these are gonna be implemented in the future updates which will make it all the more better

A highly enjoyable VN that has the potential to be an one of a kind sci-fi mystery thriller recommend if you want to enjoy a good story
    Patiently waiting for the future updates to see how the story plays out
    Great work dev Goodluck with the project keep up the good work.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

SirAuron20

Nice story entrance so far plus im a sucker for sci-fi so thats a plus in my opinion...And very interesting cast and renders, im looking forward to seeing more of the game...And last but not least, very good length for a first release so that gives me hope for the upcoming updates as well...
  5. 5.00 star(s)

GrayTShirt

Definitely one of the most original story lines I've read so far, and a breath of fresh air from the usual fare.
    Dialogue has zero flaws.
    Images are some of the best I've seen, on par with the professional ones who'd usually find in more mainstream galleries.
    Solid start to a solid VN. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

wootdeleon69

Excellent start! This is a pretty neato espionage story so far with a lore that's heavily influenced by Dune. There's a cyberpunk element to it too. Since it's only the beginning, there's no real way to tell how things will currently develop. The models for all the characters are beautiful, and environment have character.

I hope this games continues to impress!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

A very strong debut of a game that provides a fresh new premise and a break from all the cliches we've become accustomed to on the site

There are quite a few space themed VNs around these parts as well as a few sci-fi societies and this VN blends the best of both worlds without it making it seem like something we've already seen before. There's no overly horny/douchey character that promises to annoy us in the future. However, we are given a "tip-of-the-iceberg" look at their personalities with a hint of caution which promises to reveal strong character depth as the story develops. The choices we are given look like they will factor into how the story will progress so that's always a plus

Renders speak for themselves and are well above average. A few newer faces which is saying a bit given how many models are recycled.

EDIT: Playing the rest of the content, it has not disappointed. The dev clearly has a very firm grasp on the plot development and knows what he's doing to the highest degree . Wish I could give this game 8 stars! :D

Other than that, really pleased and pleasantly surprised by this intro that actually had quite a bit of content for an initial release. Looking forward to what the future brings!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Basilicata

Color of My Sound [v1.A.3]
    (Played in Windows and Android - My review might change in later releases)

Storyline/ Ambientation: What would happen if I mixed cyberpunk and sci-fi? Blade Runner and Star Wars? Star Trek and Dune maybe? If I had a protagonist who looks a little like Luke Skywalker and many beautiful female characters that would make Jabba the Hutt lick his big, froggy lips?
    This VN has all that without falling into the usual cliches.
    There's an interesting story and many interesting characters too.

Graphics: These are some top quality renders and although there's no animation, there's a huge quantity of them to follow the story and the sex scene, frame by frame. For a comic book fan like me, I think animation is overrated and can be off putting!

Sex Content: One good sex scene! I couldn't ask for more in a first release VN. Someone once said, you can have a fap game or a good story. Not both. This one's sure belongs to the latter category. It's not a fap game (so far at least). It's a rich sci-fi adventure with sex scenes!

Music and sound: I guess ambient music in Spotify will do for now. Music and sound is very important but for now I'll let this slide ;)

Gameplay: There's a reasonable number of choices that affect the storyline. As we know, ramification in VN storylines is simple at first but it might become complicated in later chapters. The GUI is incredible. Kudos!

Conclusion: In my honest and sincere opinion, this dev deserves some support! For a rookie this is a great VN par or even better to some veteran's work! I was really impressed!
    Total score 4.5/5 (For lack of music and sound). Keep up the good work!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

JLP603

Lots of potential here, renders look good with quality character models, no engrish detected, nothing about the mc irritated me, like the other reviewer said there are a lot of different things being introduced such as factions and terms with a pretty good amount of length of play for the first release and the story takes itself seriously. No animations for sex scenes.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

albul

This first release intrigued me enough to give it a review. The main selling point of this story is it's complex world & lore. Even for a first release, there's a lot to unpack, and there's a lot more left on the table to explore in the future. Hopefully, all the threads presented in the story, be it about the characters' backgrounds & motivations or the main story, materialise in some way, and are not left dangling or ignored.

The renders look great, and the characters are also appealing. Even the MC is unexpectedly solid. There's no sound, though, but for some that's a plus, not a drawback.

Keep in mind though, there's a lot of reading for exposition purposes and not a whole lot of choices yet. This may change with future releases, though, as the author stated all but one of the 18+ scenes are optional (and the mandatory one already happened).