VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 69 Votes

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Before she died, my mom went super grey super fast because of chemo treatment. Thank God the treatment worked. She lived another 9 years before the cancer came back and took her. She also had beautiful chestnut hair before, but that last decade turned it all white and grey. The MC obviously didn't have any of that, but grey hair in a young person is not an unreal thing; it's just not that common.
My mom is 87 this year and her hair is so white it glistens like silver. Glad you got to spend more years with your mother before she passed. My dad was only 62 when he died.

MC was thrust into a battlefield command position leading men and women that were his own age or even older. Combat stress is what makes his white hair believable as you are correct that white hair in young people is much less common. I started going grey in my early thirties and it still took 20 years for my beard to go fully white. I still say that the stress of a battlefield command at such a young age is more than sufficient to turn his hair white.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

Klaes Ashford

Jun 4, 2020
I absolutely love this game/story. My only gripe is that I have photophobia from an eye condition and there are SO MANY renders with blinding bright white backgrounds behind the characters. It's very difficult to enjoy the beauty of the characters in these scenes. :(

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gallant Trombe

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
The game is intriguing in the sense that you don't really know or trust any of the characters so keeping them at arm's length is better, hell even the mc himself is a mystery.

So far i see Lana as the most likeable Li, she is the badass 'ice queen' while also being cute with her crush on the Mc and fun interaction with Blanche.

Blanche is fun tech gurl who isn't to throw some truth in your face. Her unfiltered teasing and back and forth with Miriis good.

Elise is a cute girl next door duh

Miri is the most obvious red herring you will see, she is shown as the spy that is possibly working against you, shouldn't be trusted and also her blatant seduction act.

Safiya.... i just don't like her:cautious: same goes for her lackey Aria.

Dizzy is portrayed as a rebel agent and girls immediately throwing themselves as the mc are meh.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Dizzy is portrayed as a rebel agent and girls immediately throwing themselves as the mc are meh.
I'm not saying it's not suspicious, but it's possible she just sees the MC as a possible way out. She claims she's excited to become the understudy, but maybe she's really wanting a way off-world. It wouldn't be the first time someone has latched on to a newcomer hoping they could take them out of their existing circumstances. I feel like Dizzy's also a red herring; it seems too obvious that she might be a plant of some kind.

Last edited:

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
I'm not saying it's not suspicious, but it's possible she just sees the MC as a possible way out. She claims she's excited to become the understudy, but maybe she's really wanting a way off-world. It wouldn't be the first time someone has latched on to a newcomer hoping they could take them out of their existing circumstances. I feel like Dizzy's also a red herring; it's seems too obvious that she might be a plant of some kind.
Yeah that's why i said portrayed cause it's a little too obvious.

Oct 21, 2022
The game is intriguing in the sense that you don't really know or trust any of the characters so keeping them at arm's length is better, hell even the mc himself is a mystery.

So far i see Lana as the most likeable Li, she is the badass 'ice queen' while also being cute with her crush on the Mc and fun interaction with Blanche.

Blanche is fun tech gurl who isn't to throw some truth in your face. Her unfiltered teasing and back and forth with Miriis good.

Elise is a cute girl next door duh

Miri is the most obvious red herring you will see, she is shown as the spy that is possibly working against you, shouldn't be trusted and also her blatant seduction act.

Safiya.... i just don't like her:cautious: same goes for her lackey Aria.

Very good points. That's why I'm leaning towards a deeper subversion regarding Lana/Elise. Fuck could even be Blanche, that's why this speculations so much fun.

Miri seems to be working in MC's best interest but will this be a double twist?

I think there are multiple red herrings. Dizzy seems way to obvious unless It was a branch made as a point for us players. "Shouldn't fuck strangers in positions of power for e.g."

Safiya can go and fuck herself :ROFLMAO: I don't think I'm ever trusting her, she's in too deep.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
This game is truly amazing. I love the sci-fi setting and the mystery of not knowing who to trust. Even your AI is suspect.

I understand the short update, ok it was due to reworking the past updates, which is fine. At least there was some new content rather than spending multiple update redoing old scenes.

But to end it on such a cliffhanger? Come on dev? Are you trying to torture your fans?

whyyousnow

Apr 16, 2020
People talking about why the MC hair is white. He claims that it was going white possibly from stress and dyed it to match but my two cents is that its his way to still feel connected to June or remember her? Even thought he only knew her for one day (that we know about) the story is pushing that she had a lasting impact on him.

Maybe I'm reading too much into June's impact on the story whom we dont even know anything about yet.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
People talking about why the MC hair is white. He claims that it was going white possibly from stress and dyed it to match but my two cents is that its his way to still feel connected to June or remember her? Even thought he only knew her for one day (that we know about) the story is pushing that she had a lasting impact on him.

Maybe I'm reading too much into June's impact on the story whom we dont even know anything about yet.
The romantic in me loves this theory. The common sense part of me, however, doubts this is true.

whyyousnow

Apr 16, 2020
True, and obviously as the creator you know infinitely more than I. But that feels like far too simple of an explanation: "I really miss June, therefore I dye my hair white in her memory."
Not sure I would say "too simple" but also just a theory I had and not trying to die on this hill lol. But dude has a meaning connection with someone right before he went off to war. Not like he had anything else to carry with him to remember her by and he clearly thinks of her still to this day. So maybe at some point during the war by chance something happening and he sees the option to dye his hair and sees it as a way to keep her close still. Or maybe we don't know it yet but she's dead or he believes her dead and possibly the guilt he has talked about has something to do with that so its not just to remember her but to punish himself due to some action we don't know about yet. Just think that anything can be as simple or deep depending on how much value someone puts into an attachment.

That or I clearly am trying to read WAYYY to much into hair color haha. Either way really enjoy the game so far and excited to see where the story goes.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Not sure I would say "too simple" but also just a theory I had and not trying to die on this hill lol. But dude has a meaning connection with someone right before he went off to war. Not like he had anything else to carry with him to remember her by and he clearly thinks of her still to this day. So maybe at some point during the war by chance something happening and he sees the option to dye his hair and sees it as a way to keep her close still. Or maybe we don't know it yet but she's dead or he believes her dead and possibly the guilt he has talked about has something to do with that so its not just to remember her but to punish himself due to some action we don't know about yet. Just think that anything can be as simple or deep depending on how much value someone puts into an attachment.

That or I clearly am trying to read WAYYY to much into hair color haha. Either way really enjoy the game so far and excited to see where the story goes.
I'm absolutely not trying to say that couldn't be true. It definitely could be. However, he's been in the military for a year now, so that would mean he kept dying his hair every couple of months (or however often is needed to keep the natural color from showing again). That's more than a one-off trip to the salon that became available once by chance. Still, he did have a very powerful connection to her like you said, it clearly still sticking with him a year later. As far as I can tell, he doesn't really have anyone else he would consider close to him. So that connection could be strong enough to carry through his thoughts years later.

As far as saying it's "too simple", my point was primarily that the story focuses on minutia — noticing a sideways glance; everyone around you having the potential to betray you; frequently finding information about the mission withheld; and so on. With all of that complication, it seems almost out of balance to say that one night's amazing experience prompted the MC to keep his hair dyed. There's all of this complication everywhere else, and then there's a direct, clear reason for the hair color. It doesn't seem to match. But I'm probably just overthinking things.

4.30 star(s) 69 Votes