Unity ComeCloser [v0.19.1] [ComeCloser]

3.60 star(s) 12 Votes

Fanatic4500

Aug 25, 2017
I've got VR, so I'll give my 2 cents.

I'm using an older Windows MR headset, and I had to map the controllers manually since the dev's haven't done it yet. Not a huge deal, just sort of annoying.

Right now there really isn't anything to do. They have a short tutorial, and then she stands in some poses. They don't have any audio, not even royalty free music.

They're trying to implement a "pelvis control" mechanic, which is super wonky and awkward. One of your hands swaps control to a virtual pelvis and you're supposed to put your controller into your pocket and position it so that when you move your hips the pelvis moves too. That works just about as well as you'd expect.

Definitely wouldn't say this is pushing any boundaries at the moment, VAM does just about everything they're trying to do already.

Not really worth the download at the moment imo.

Foxyz

Oct 10, 2018
GOODBYE, real worl-D.

EDIT: (VR only)
I got excited with my mouse and keyboard, then read further and realize I cannot play it... :cautious:
(according to Steam there are just 0.04% lucky souls that have a VR-headset)

Crosses fingers dev makes a non-VR version.
Can you please not? There is almost 2% of vr users connected to steam only, not counting oculus quest and whatever is in oculus store, and even so that's gonna be more than 2.7mil vr users. Nonetheless you can get oculus quest 2 for just 300 bucks, considering you have a capable pc (which is everyone supposed to have at this point).

Nov 23, 2019
Can you please not? There is almost 2% of vr users connected to steam only, not counting oculus quest and whatever is in oculus store, and even so that's gonna be more than 2.7mil vr users. Nonetheless you can get oculus quest 2 for just 300 bucks, considering you have a capable pc (which is everyone supposed to have at this point).
"just 300 bucks" "everyone suppoded to have a good pc" some people are broke man, in fact a lot of people are broke

jackp0t

Jun 24, 2020
by making this VR only, it definitely goes against the grain of the current world situation, people arent exactly making tons of money right now, and there is no bigger scam than "cheap VR", VR is only good when you have a 5000 dollar PC and and a super expensive headset.

drecfp

Sep 3, 2017
Would like to try this but every time i run it, it crashes as soon as it starts. any solution?

GPU
Radeon RX 580 Series
Primary/Discrete

CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU
@ 2.90GHz 8 Cores

RAM
16 GB

oculus quest with link

Reactions: atur

HotPlop

Apr 28, 2018
I tried this game on my VR headset and this game is going to need a lot of optimizing, and I mean A LOT.
I have a GTX 1070 and a i5-9400F and I am not able to hit 90fps or even 80fps, not even close. For those wondering 80-90fps is a minimum for VR games in order to have a smooth experience.
Now I do know my setup is not the best, but it is able to run most indie "heavy on the physics and/or graphics" games, with at least 40-50fps (with some tweaking in the settings). A framerate this game also does not hit.
I also was not doing anything physics heavy, just the first scene with her standing there in the room had the game chugging.

Romirom

Jul 5, 2018
by making this VR only, it definitely goes against the grain of the current world situation, people arent exactly making tons of money right now, and there is no bigger scam than "cheap VR", VR is only good when you have a 5000 dollar PC and and a super expensive headset.
Biggest bullsh** I've read so far today. Good job of having no clue of everything and still be able to spread this nonsense around.

Back to topic:

My Vive and I will get to it eventually when the game has more stuff to do than just molesting a mannequin.

Last edited:

pallekewling

Aug 23, 2016
VR is perfectly fine on a 10xx series GPU and a 6 year old CPU, and a Quest 2 is one of the better VR headsets at the moment, especially considering how cheap it is.

And no, it won't run on a 4 year old, cracked screen, android phone if that's all you've got but it's not exactly a far stretch to assume most people who game on PC have a computer able to run VR games. Because if they play any game released within the last 2-3 years, it will run games in VR just fine.

HotPlop

Apr 28, 2018
VR is perfectly fine on a 10xx series GPU and a 6 year old CPU, and a Quest 2 is one of the better VR headsets at the moment, especially considering how cheap it is.

And no, it won't run on a 4 year old, cracked screen, android phone if that's all you've got but it's not exactly a far stretch to assume most people who game on PC have a computer able to run VR games. Because if they play any game released within the last 2-3 years, it will run games in VR just fine.
Most relatively modern gaming pc's are able to run VR games fairly well yes. But fairly well is often not good enough, for a smooth experience you would want at least 70fps. And that is if you dont have any issues with motion sickness at all. I would suggest an 20xx series GPU or higher for the best experience.
The Quest 2 is very cheap for a VR headset indeed, however it is not easy to develop to since it wants devs to publish on the Oculus market place.

Source: I developed for VR :D

Reactions: ToeboCop

drecfp

Sep 3, 2017
so is anyone else having issues running this game? crashes every time as soon as the game starts

3.60 star(s) 12 Votes