Unity ComeCloser [v0.19.1] [ComeCloser]

3.60 star(s) 12 Votes

drecfp

Sep 3, 2017
Keep crashing on my computer (oculus rift + rx 580 with catalyst 21.1.1).
im using similar setup

GPU
Radeon RX 580 Series
Primary/Discrete

CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU - @ 2.90GHz 8 Cores
RAM - 16 GB

GPU - Radeon RX 580 Series - Primary/Discrete
VRAM - 8192 MB - GDDR5 2000 MHz
asus rog strix

and keeps crashing on me also

ttant

May 7, 2017
Are you also using the 21.1.1 diver ? or and older one ?
Are you also on win10 20h2 ?

The main idea is to look for common part (is this a 21.1.1 driver issue, or more a general non radeon support of the engine ? Is this just a win 10 2h02 issue, or just that peculiar version ?).

This may help the dev to get help fixing the issu (reporting to the engine, to the driver manufacturer or microsoft - good luck with the last two)

Edit:
As written in dev note:
* Not compatible with Oculus Quest currently.
I guess the part "Compatible but not tested with Oculus Rift/S." is just wrong and all oculus doesn't work ;)

I really hope that one day, VR development using common norms so one software won't be just compatible with one hardware.
I mean like webbrowser (webpages compatible both gecko/chromium) or directx (implementes by intel/ nvidia or amd) and not like proprietary stuff (cuda, physx, etc... for example)

drecfp

Sep 3, 2017
Are you also using the 21.1.1 diver ? or and older one ?
Are you also on win10 20h2 ?

The main idea is to look for common part (is this a 21.1.1 driver issue, or more a general non radeon support of the engine ? Is this just a win 10 2h02 issue, or just that peculiar version ?).

This may help the dev to get help fixing the issu (reporting to the engine, to the driver manufacturer or microsoft - good luck with the last two)

Edit:
As written in dev note:
* Not compatible with Oculus Quest currently.
I guess the part "Compatible but not tested with Oculus Rift/S." is just wrong and all oculus doesn't work ;)

I really hope that one day, VR development using common norms so one software won't be just compatible with one hardware.
I mean like webbrowser (webpages compatible both gecko/chromium) or directx (implementes by intel/ nvidia or amd) and not like proprietary stuff (cuda, physx, etc... for example)
i actually just got it to run. using oculus quest w/ link. i ran steamvr and dropped the render settings to 50% and launched game. not sure if this factored in but i also changed the settings in the quality settings.txt from 2 to 1.

hope that helps
yes using 21.1.1 win10

**EDIT: txt change not needed

Last edited:

ttant

May 7, 2017
Same goes with the free demo (0.2d available on patreon for free).
I try to reach the author using twitter, we'll see his/her answer ;)

Last edited:

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
Played 3 different versions of the demo and the one on here, every single one worked perfectly fine using Oculus.
RTX 3070
I5-9600k
Oculus Quest 2 + Link

(Can't recall if I ran steam VR as well, but I usually run steam VR anyways unless I'm playing an Oculus app straight from the Oculus store).

shreif

Aug 21, 2019
how to start the game anyway ? i just get the girl standing over there and when i touch anything nothing happens !

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
is it just me or is there no sound in the game at all?
Yeah I didn't have any sound either, however, on his Twitter or something he had a more updated game shown in a quick video, that had sound and different models or customizable models, the sounds were actually nice too...
->Would be nice if someone finds out if that is too come, or if he has that released on his patreon already.

NightPolicy

Jan 23, 2018
Causes a driver crash on my AMD vega card as well.
Other unity VR games work but maybe this is a different version.
Hopefully it gets fixed at some point wherever the issue lies.

Darper

Feb 9, 2021
This game looks promissing. Hopefully it wont get abandoned like so many others. Also it is atleast somewhat interactive and not just an animation viewer like so many other VR "games" It is VR after all, interaction is the whole point. Not just sit there and change speed and swap positions.

xorger

Donor
Mar 16, 2018
Game looks good, has a lot of potential, but that pelvis thrust... If you go too far out looks like a dick on a ball. CC points are a good idea, but kinda redundant if you can just press the trigger to change the pose. I suggest the dev drops the remote trigger and only leaves changing poses/clothes on CC points, freeing the trigger for other actions. Clothing physics could be better though, can't firmly grab the fabric as it slips out of hands. Movement is good, both teleporting (plus for adding the choice which way to face after) and freeroam inside the guardian. Suprising amount of content for ver 0.2 hope the dev keeps up the pace.
i7-1600
GTX 1060
Quest 2 wireless

xorger

Donor
Mar 16, 2018
They work for me. You use link or wireless? Check if you have bindings activated in steamvr, touch controls should be good.

Cumlauder

Nov 3, 2019
How can I run this on a Quest 2? I can't seem to start it on my Quest 2, it just loads up on my desktop and can't do anyhthing

Cumlauder

Nov 3, 2019
How do you run it? Through link or virtual desktop?
I run it through Link, I didn't test Virtual Desktop yet as it costs a bit much in my opinion. Link should be more stable for connection etc. But what happens is: I add the game to my Link library, and I start it, but it says it's loading forever, and when I look on my monitor it started the game with a weird camera angle and no way to control it. If I open it through virtual desktop on Link (the option in Link, not the software) it doesn't allow me to control anything in game, and I can't even change camera angles etc.

xorger

Donor
Mar 16, 2018
Just tested it through link and it worked (i have better performance in virtual desktop app wirelessly). It also launched steamvr and the window to configure inputs for me, try pressing the menu button on left controller and choose 'return to game'. The cost of the app is a bit much, true, but when compared to options it provides it can be easily justified.

3.60 star(s) 12 Votes