vnpowa

Apr 14, 2018
Ok, no idea about lack of content because I've been playing for hours already and still in chapter 2.

What I want to say is I love corruption games and can't wait to see all the girl's futures but above everything, no matter if this game is eventually abandoned or goes in a direction I wouldn't enjoy anymore, right now I fucking LOVE the class discussions. Love how the girls are written and having no idea which topic choice aligns better for a corruption ending I still read all path simply because I love these discussions.

I hope that we keep having these discussions throughout the game and possibly getting into raunchier discussions with the corrupted girls :p

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Whale_Shark wrote a few weeks back about the story structure, paths branching, etc. that's worth reading if you're interested.

There are definitely times where branching and mutually exclusive content absolutely make sense and are logically necessary, like when picking between 'brutality' and 'empathy' choices.

But other times it just seems to me like needlessly and arbitrarily punishing the player: case in point in this update where you can only meet two of the four characters at the school and shop, depending on the order in which you visit the two. There's no particular story reason for that, it's seemingly just there to limit the content available on a single playthrough.

Last edited:

crotch69

Aug 20, 2020
Have both brutality and empathy saves, almost no content in Ch.3 - am I doing something wrong?

Btw, for those that played the game a lot, Mikayla/Alyssa bangable or nah?

I'm just genuinely confused with all the branching etc.

Reactions: danskykill12

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Have both brutality and empathy saves, almost no content in Ch.3 - am I doing something wrong?

Btw, for those that played the game a lot, Mikayla/Alyssa bangable or nah?

I'm just genuinely confused with all the branching etc.
There's a scene with Alyssa added in the previous version; she's one of four options for a hook-up after the party.

New content in this version covers waking up after the party (and the possible aftermath depending on the aforementioned choice) one of two alternate scenes at both the school and the shop, and closes with the MC at home, looking for his phone.

Reactions: crotch69

Kavalor

Jan 29, 2021
I think that is unlikely as it is supposed to cover a time frame from app 1 month , before you hit the opening scene.

Whale_Shark

Talking Shark. Developer of Confidence Man
Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
It has been quite some time since I've posted here. I'm happy to see that a lot of people still like the game! And for the people who don't like it, no problem. Not everyone likes the same things! Not sure what else to say, just maybe that even though the updates are less frequent this year than they were last year (frankly, I've been busy with a ton of other real life shit) the work on Confidence Man continues. As some of you who follow me may know, I was a lurker here before I started the project. I hate that "abandoned" tag as much as y'all do.

If you're ever wondering what's going on with the game, check out the Patreon. All the Progress Report posts are public, so even if you don't want to become a Patron, you can still keep tabs on the project.

4.60 star(s) 42 Votes