VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes

sqwl

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2020
-DEV use characters from other games. I cant give game names due to respect rewiew rules but: I know Alice, Emma, Elsa from other games. And even some other characters could be from other games i dont know either. So characters are stolen from other games...
I believe it’s incorrect from me to comment reviews, but since I have been accused of stealing I think I have a right to defend myself.

First: I hadn’t played a lot of games before I started making my own: BB, Acting Lessons, Dreaming of Dana, Life with Mary, Lancaster Boarding House, My Sweet Neighbours are those I can recall. If I correct, none of them have the models I used.

Second: I have played zero games since I’ve started making mine (September 2018 or so). After the initial release, I've watched and downloaded a few games (StoperArt, PhillyGames, a couple of others.) to compare render quality and try to find a way to improve it (And I still do it from time to time.). But by this time all main characters have already been created (Alice, Elsa, etc.). The funny thing is that I've never played them - because I didn’t want to be accused of stealing stories from other games and yet here we go.

Third: It takes much more time to find which asset artist used than create your own.

Fourth: I've spent about two weeks (and it still requires work) building from the scratch quite a big office floor(21st floor in the game). A lot of scenes will be happening there, and I didn't want it to look like in other games (I saw it at least in Dreaming of Dana and My sweet Neighbours.). And after that, I just went and stole characters from other games. Sounds legit.

Fourth: And now all that above doesn’t make sense, because we all have the same sources of models. So following this logic means everyone stole a model from that one guy who used it first.

But if my arguments haven’t convinced you, I’d like to confess in other stealings including letters, words, British license plates, few lines from Eminem, Big Bang Theory and Monty Python. Also names. They all have been used long before me.
And let's hope that the Romans won't come for the Latin alphabet.

Honestly, this accusation has discovered the whole new world that I didn't even know exists. Thank you for the new knowledge.

MattStryker

Apr 28, 2017
The entire premise of the game doesnt make sense. He speaks to a girl in passing and that makes him completely enamoured and dictates all of his following actions. From a single conversation. Bit rich.

Reactions: MrFriendly

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Well this turned out different than expected. Starts bleak and depressing, but Elsa really turned things around. Fascinating character. And my boy Edward's going places. Usually I'm not into playing villains, but I wonder how far can we push him? Kind of get the "Joker vibe" ( Elsa dream mentions " I will be your Harley").
The game is a lot deeper than it looks on surface, and I like how it delves into psychology without drowning it excessively in looong monologue.
Probably flew under a radar for a lot of people, selected images and short description don't do it "justice".

Reactions: IceL33 and Aristos

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
The entire premise of the game doesnt make sense. He speaks to a girl in passing and that makes him completely enamoured and dictates all of his following actions. From a single conversation. Bit rich.
Sometimes people get infatuated with someone they've barely met. Then they form an "idealized version" of that person in their mind, that they "fall in love with" ( even when they don't know anything about them). Usually happens with more emotionally sensitive, introverts, "dreamers"..and Edward pretty much fits the bill.
Alice so far is more like a goal to shake him up and work on turning his life around.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I don't get all the criticism. This game can be ab-so-lute-ly brilliant.

Unlike other players, I found the premise fantastic. This guy has some serious issues, and with Elsa's help we'll be able to shape his future personality. I agree with what ZagorTeNay wrote above me, there's much more to this game than meets the eye. Those inner monologues were amazing. There's nothing left for us but to hope the dev will continue the story as superbly as he introduced it; I'm already hooked and can't wait to see what happens next.

Apart from this, on the artistic front this might not be the best game ever but it's indeed very, very good. All girls are gorgeous (of course they look similar to other games, they're from Daz!) and the variety of angles, environments and situations is more than satisfying.

The game lacks animations but, as I always say, if the dev doesn't have the skills or gear to create them it's better to stick to lots of sexy still renders. The first sexual encounter was a bit rushed, the scene didn't last long and wasn't very hot. However, the second one was hot as hell despite its not having animations. Lots of angles, good build-up, nice sexy descriptions in the text, etc.

Oh, I almost forgot to say there's a lot of content already for just a second version of the game. If you enjoy reading and take your time, probably 2'5-3 hours gameplay.

Suggestion for improvement: as always, a scene replay gallery would come in handy; and the game could use some tweaking to the UI and main menu to make them even more unique and visually attractive.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I think some criticism comes from the first release, because the MC acts like a loser and we're all Alphas here, but if you keep playing a bit you can see how he starts to be more confident.

• Haha
Reactions: Grohal and Aristos

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Now, a bit of theorizing.
Am I the only one who has a feeling that we've been tricked into believing the"Alpha" points are the key to Alice's heart while they might eventually work against such goal? Ironically, I see the alpha point playing a more important role in our relationship with Elsa but not with Alice.
I might be perfectly wrong, it's just a hypothesis.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I think some criticism comes from the first release, because the MC acts like a loser and we're all Alphas here, but if you keep playing a bit you can see how he starts to be more confident.
Yeah, everyone here's Alpha Plus :Kappa:.

Even in that case I don't get it. It was obvious that the game's start was just paving the way for some sort of evolution; laying the foundations of the story itself. And it's not like we had to witness NTR (which I hate) or anything like that. If Elsa were fucked by her alleged boyfriend in front of the MC, or we saw Lucy ignore him while making out with another guy I would get it.
But that's not what happened. Ashley's scene was just secondary, and the MC didn't even like her. It was necessary for us to understand his current state of mind and trigger a reaction.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I don't know, the first time we meet Alice she pretty much ignores the MC after asking directions, second time he can break the ice thanks to his new found persona.
It could be the other way around, Elsa is dominant so maybe if you farm beta points you end with her. I hope not, cause I want my MC to dominate Elsa and fuck her raw.

zzuzn

Jun 4, 2017
It's good that I only noticed this game after the second update :)
Overall, the game seems pretty interesting to me.
An interesting plot, albeit a banal beginning.
It will be interesting to look at the further history of the protagonist, how he will change, given his past and mental trauma.
But the main character's obsession with one of the girls is a little scary :)
So many open questions. How about Elsa's motives, how about other participants in the past, present and future.
But time will tell.

So far, I've decided to support him on patreon. Hope it's not in vain :)

Reactions: MrFriendly

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
I've made a walkthrough/gallery mod for this game
  • Replay gallery added to main menu
  • Best dialogue options colored green
Download:

Last edited:

jtc

Jul 1, 2017
So anyone who's letting the not so great overview in the first post keep them from playing this is missing a great game. Hopefully the quality stays high and updates are fairly regular.

Last edited:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
So anyone who's letting the not so great overview in the first post keep them from playing this is missing a great game. Hopefully the quality stays high and updates are fairly regular.
That's true. The overview in the OP is mediocre and doesn't do this game justice.
Also, I don't understand why there's not a single preview pic of Alice in that post. She's arguably the most gorgeous of all the female characters and (apparently) the main focus of the MC's efforts.

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes