VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes

Legendary101

Dec 22, 2018
The following is a discussion on the opening game, I do not deem the opening as a spoiler so it will not be hidden. Middle and late game mentions will get a spoiler tag or things I felt needed it.

Felt throughout the opening that it was bland/flat. I think that is the term I am looking for. The MC just keeps rambling to himself for a long time on boring thoughts, even though there is other characters around him to interact with or get them involved, which makes it uninteresting.

I felt a disconnect with the MC straight away as from the offset he acted like no sane person would, from my point of view at least. So I can instantly assume on some level he is insane. You would not look across a room see a woman and instantly assume nothing else matters and you two are going to end up together and make it a life goal. He even muses to himself while she is asking a question. He gives clear signs he is mentally unwell and in general is unlikeable. I mean I could understand more if for instance she came to work on his floor for a few days and he built up a strong urge to pursue her in that time frame because he saw some notable actions from her. But nope, she literally does nothing but ask directions and he instantly falls in love. I could understand him thinking she was hot, lusting after her, but not this level of infatuation. So I assume he is insane, the void opens.

I would argue the MC makes next to no progression in this first section of the game. He seems to have fallen under the influence of someone who is probably more than she let's on in the character of Elsa whom wants his total "submission" and thinks of him as a "princess"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So all in all, bland beginning, renders decent taking into account the developers constraints. Not a bad overall game, but not a great game either. Something feels like it can be redeemed, it can grow, so if I was to rate it and realise it can course correct in upcoming updates, I would say three stars. But man.... MC needs some real friends and more real conversations and growth as a character. The story development in the future is what will decide at least for me, if this game gets a redemption or is lost. But so far MC is far from relatable, which is such are heavy burden to carry forward.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Any patron can share the news?

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
Oh i forgot about this game :)
it was a very good 0.1 Elsa :love:

i saw this on his Patreon, preview looks damn good :)

Previews: What do you think?
Hello, guys.
What do you think about posting previews of the upcoming update to make your wait less frustrating?

It would be 2-4 images of the upcoming update. I'm a bit sceptical about that because I don't like spoilers, but I've been told that not everyone shares my spoiler phobia. So, please, share your opinion on this subject.
For now, it would be for every Patreon tier, later might be a correction.

there were also...

and...

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Already did and I like it, shame updates aren't more frequent.

4.30 star(s) 153 Votes