VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.7] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 160 Votes

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Ah. I see. Then by your definition I can't disconnect like you do because I can't enjoy any media where I don't care about some of the characters.
not at all you just enjoy these games in a different way than me, in fact probably better you actually connect or want to connect cause you are able to be more objective / think critical about a MC unlike me.

Reactions: rudy007

Jumbi

With my good eye closed
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
I can see the point in quitting playing one of these games if you dislike the MC very much. I mean, there are games where I feel that way about the MC. Seriously, I tried games in here where the MC is a complete piece of trash. But this is not one of those games. Sure, Edward has issues. But he also has strong points. Why would anyone say that he has no redeeming qualities? I don't understand it. I'm eager to keep playing the game and seeing where this journey takes him.

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
You see her in a negative way, but I see her in a positive way. She motivates him and try to get the better of him. She may look cold-hearted but I think she has his best interests at heart. Some people need a kick in the ass to motivate themselves and get out of the gutter.
She has told him he can't trust other people. How is she exempt from being untrustworthy?

Given the depressing way the story is presented, she MUST fuck him over in the end. Any sunshine and roses ending involving her would invalidate the entire story.

Reactions: Ass~God

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
She has told him he can't trust other people. How is she exempt from being untrustworthy?

Given the depressing way the story is presented, she MUST fuck him over in the end. Any sunshine and roses ending involving her would invalidate the entire story.
probably true but I find it hard to believe she would be untrustworthy and fuck the MC over in the end , at least without picking a wrong choice at some point in the game. Since after all this is a game not a movie and she is 1 of the few character that could perhaps be considered a LI, at least I hope she is a LI and it isn't just Alice.

Personally I see her helping the MC move up the ranks and would move up as well with the MC at some point but doesn't want the responsibility of being a leader / management. So with that in mind I dont think should would betray the MC. Tho I do need to replay this game so I could of easily forgotten alot.

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
I doubt Elsa would ever have sex with Edward. There's no hint she as any such interest in him.

And "it's a game" only makes it worse if that's the reason she doesn't backstab him. It may end up that she elevates Edward and that in turn elevates her more for a "happy" ending. But at some point, Edward should become expendable. This is typical in corporate culture. It's why it's the name of game, isn't it?

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I doubt Elsa would ever have sex with Edward. There's no hint she as any such interest in him.

And "it's a game" only makes it worse if that's the reason she doesn't backstab him. It may end up that she elevates Edward and that in turn elevates her more for a "happy" ending. But at some point, Edward should become expendable. This is typical in corporate culture. It's why it's the name of game, isn't it?
gonna have to agree to disagree with you on that one

Wazzatheboss

Jun 1, 2020
I think Elsa genuinely cares about Elsa. You can't really see it currently because she is full in the tough life coach role at the moment but if you go back with the earlier Elsa/Edward interaction, especially the time she calls Edward to get her out of the police station and the whole princess in tower discussion. She says at one point that she values loyalty like her mother and she can "read" people like her father. Imo Elsa has big respect for Edward because he is one the rare person around her who is genuine. Early Edward doesn't try to get in her pants or use her as a pawn for political scraps like Matt or the CFO.

She defintely has some hidden motives and secrets but she also cares about Edward way much that her nonchalent attitude suggest :

- Edward's anger is more apparent but she is pissed too when Emma stole the project
- She hints that Lucy is just a basic gold digger and Edward shouldn't waste her time with her.
- When Edward feels guilty after his promotion, instead of brushing him off, she listen offer real advice despite her vindicative stance on Emma

I wouldn't be surprised that the whole cold and tough life coach is just a facade to help MC to not stagnate and push himself.

Because at the end of the day, why the hell would she pick an interest of Edward ? She is obviously rich and has close links with important people like the CEO of Escen. Early Edward is not a big shot he is just a clueless depressed office monkey.

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
- Edward's anger is more apparent but she is pissed too when Emma stole the project
Yes, she had to hang on Edward's coattails longer than originally assumed.

- She hints that Lucy is just a basic gold digger and Edward shouldn't waste her time with her.
If she really cared for Edward, she'd tell him to hook with Lucy or someone like her. There's absolutely nothing to imply Lucy is a gold digger. Instead, she keep Edward in her hooks, dangling the Alice carrot in front of him. Lucy (or someone like her) would get in the way of that.

- When Edward feels guilty after his promotion, instead of brushing him off, she listen offer real advice despite her vindicative stance on Emma
Elsa knows knows which bridges can be burned and which cannot. (I don't know if I got that far. I stopped after he got drunk on promotion day.)

Because at the end of the day, why the hell would she pick an interest of Edward ? She is obviously rich and has close links with important people like the CEO of Escen. Early Edward is not a big shot he is just a clueless depressed office monkey.
Most likely, she wants to destroy EO (total speculation). She only really took up interest in Edward when he had "the idea". And then she made sure he couldn't ignore her by getting arrested and needing him to rescue her.

I realize once you assume someone has ulterior motives, it's easy to think everything they do plays into those motives. Don't get me wrong. Problem is we know she has motives that aren't necessarily in line with Edward's. And that means at some point, she'll have to choose between him and herself. And that's no choice at all.

Wazzatheboss

Jun 1, 2020
It's like the rest of your post kind of refutes the opening statement. Are you sure this is not a typo bro?
You're right, thank you!

Yes, she had to hang on Edward's coattails longer than originally assumed.

If she really cared for Edward, she'd tell him to hook with Lucy or someone like her. There's absolutely nothing to imply Lucy is a gold digger. Instead, she keep Edward in her hooks, dangling the Alice carrot in front of him. Lucy (or someone like her) would get in the way of that.
Lucy definitely gives gold digger/materialistic vibes. You can only sleep with her the first time if you lie about your job after showing off with Elsa's car, otherwise she is not interested by you until you start to wear expansive clothes.

Elsa knows knows which bridges can be burned and which cannot. (I don't know if I got that far. I stopped after he got drunk on promotion day.)
It is just after when they talk before falling asleep

Most likely, she wants to destroy EO (total speculation). She only really took up interest in Edward when he had "the idea". And then she made sure he couldn't ignore her by getting arrested and needing him to rescue her.

I realize once you assume someone has ulterior motives, it's easy to think everything they do plays into those motives. Don't get me wrong. Problem is we know she has motives that aren't necessarily in line with Edward's. And that means at some point, she'll have to choose between him and herself. And that's no choice at all.
I don't know I somehow feel like she was sent to destroy/spy EO by some.one (her family?) but is/will be having second thoughts about

Reactions: yossa999

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
It's good to see discussions like this here, most of the threads I visit are just nonsense, people criticizing others for giving opinions, or AI “Fan Art” spam…

After reading the comments on the last pages I decided to delete the game, the game is well rated, before downloading, months ago, I read several comments, but when playing I didn't understand, what's interesting about this game?

The most talked about and apparently favorite “Li” around here doesn't even have “scenes” (The game has been in development for 4 years!), even playing the game completely I still didn't understand the appeal, but that's ok, I think my expectations were too high, that's why the disappointment was so big.

The game is so highly rated that I left it here, even though I didn't like it, but it's time to go.

I don't want to convince anyone, I'm not criticizing the game, I know there are those who like it, I just wanted to leave this comment because I finally saw a healthy discussion after going through so many horrible threads.

And just to finish, I played this game months ago, I don't remember much, so this theory is pretty weak, I just thought about it now, but I think Elsa is a creation of the MC's mind, like Tyler is a creation of the mind of Jack, from the movie 'Fight Club', think about it. :WeSmart:
Damn, after thinking about this it reignited my interest in the game, is it possible??

Reactions: Why Am I Even Here?
4.30 star(s) 160 Votes