KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
As an autistic edgelord I don't like change in general but I will try to just get used to it.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Here is an unofficial update patch for those that already have 0.6.9
CorruptedKingdoms-0.7.0-pc update patch.rar

Note: If you mainly want to see the character changes try the Image/Movie comparison, it was compressed to be smaller but includes both original 0.6.9 files and updated 0.7.0 files.
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-7-0-alpha-arcgames.31912/post-4194552

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Bugfix Patch 0.7.0a
Doesn't add anything new but does fix some problems in the 0.7.0 release
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-7-0-alpha-arcgames.31912/post-4227646

Here is an unofficial update patch for those that already have 0.7.0
CorruptedKingdoms-0.7.0a-pc update patch.rar

Last edited:

mag5246

Jun 3, 2017
Don't know why they decided to redesign the characters. They looked good before except for Morgana. Her arms and legs looked repulsive.
You can call it duckling syndrome, but they looked waaaay better before. Their chins looked sharp anyway. Now their faces have generally turned into triangles with hair. Some characters have such round cheeks that they look fat.
But worst of all: what the hell have you done with Gwen and Dhena? They just look awful. Gwen was my favorite character, now I can't look at her. And Dhena became a fatso.

Riposite

Jan 24, 2018
Of characters I have seen : Gwen -i consider it an improvement Chloe-as well though imiss original hair :) Jessica-didnt really notice a change Morgana-improvement Asteria-improvement Quarineh Improvement
Lyx- kind of like it less Chastity -new look is definitely not an improvement

HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
Maybe I'm the odd man out, but I liked Morgana's old design, it made her look monstrous, she just kind of looks like a lady with branches in her hair now. Also Jessica's glasses clip into her head really noticeably, hopefully that can be fixed. You don't necessarily need to make the glasses longer, the arms could just bend a bit outward like real glasses.

Nequiem

Oct 21, 2017
The only redesign I'm super put off by is Qarinah. Her old look seemed to perfectly fit her personality; the new one makes her look like she's impersonating Lily and overall just looks way too aggressive.

Reactions: User1230 and Genji
Dec 23, 2018
i dont mean to be critical cause i really like the game so far really good work dev, but what dhena looked bad before but now she looks worse, she is the only one i would re re design, i would slim her face

JJATH

May 2, 2017
Jessica, Jessica... You look dead. She looks like me when I get 3 hours of sleep every day. And that redness sometimes during scenes is dumb. Tbh might not play it again until the game actually has stuff to do, and considering these changes it's gone from one of the games I like to a game I'm Neutral on.

mag5246

Jun 3, 2017

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Without meaning to pile it on, I'm also not a fan of the new designs. Maybe I just got used to how they looked before (which was already good) but now most of them look... strange. I don't know if this sudden redesign was brought on by someone finding about and/or sharing some of the character cards before or if it was already planned, but I still think they looked so much better before.
I still like the game, of course, but it won't be as appealing as before, as far as character looks go.

I know nothing about how Ren'Py works, but would it be possible to just let people swap between the new/old looks via an option somewhere?

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
I've been noticing a lot of mixed feelings on the "reworks" here recently but there seems to be a lot of negativity towards them. Is the general consensus that they aren't popular or what. Has Arc addressed peoples concerns or is it not really a huge issue. I saw the comparison image Master D released a few posts back and although the revision looked "sharper", it didn't seem all that bad. Do the revised characters radically vary between characters? Edit: just saw that comparison image of Gwen above and she reminds me a little of Himiko Toga from my hero academia but I admit I prefer the original.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018
Dhena's face....damn dude that's seriously terrible looking..not that her previous facial features were good either but it's better than this change. If Arc somehow manages to combine both the looks of the new and old Gwen for the next revamp, we might have a winner who knows. I don't agree with Jessica's eyes either it looks off due to how used we are with her previous design.

Edit: On secondary inspection for the other side characters they...don't look great either. The characters as a whole when it comes to appearance seriously needs to go back to the drawing board.

Gwen
Dhena

Last edited:

NorthernWolf

Feb 14, 2018
Overall I'm honestly not a big fan of the updated looks. The three that stand out to me as straight improvements are Qarinah, Morgana and Luna. The majority of the rest I think are anywhere between neutral changes to huge downgrades.
Specifically Gwen and Chloe stand out to me as big downgrades, and between those two especially Gwen.
Veronica is a slight downgrade to me but honestly not that big of a deal.
Madison seems like one of the bigger downgrades to me, she went from hot principal that oozes sex appeal and authority to average, fairly attractive mom.
Jessica I'm fairly neutral about but I like the older one better, if only slightly.
Lyx I think is a sidegrade, not better and not worse, just different.
Claire is tricky to judge, I think the new one might be slightly prettier to some but I think the old look matches her personality a lot better. Overall I'm definitely in favor of her old look.
Lily is probably an upgrade but I feel she could be tweaked to reflect her personality better. Right now she just seems a little bland.

So yeah, If you wanna stick with the new looks, I suggest you take another pass at Gwen, Chloe, and Madison, in that order of how much work I think they need. I'd also like to see Claire and Lily tweaked to better match their personalities, especially Claire. But these are just my opinions

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Without meaning to pile it on, I'm also not a fan of the new designs. Maybe I just got used to how they looked before (which was already good) but now most of them look... strange. I don't know if this sudden redesign was brought on by someone finding about and/or sharing some of the character cards before or if it was already planned, but I still think they looked so much better before.
I still like the game, of course, but it won't be as appealing as before, as far as character looks go.

I know nothing about how Ren'Py works, but would it be possible to just let people swap between the new/old looks via an option somewhere?
Some of column A some from column B. Though I doubt this was planned however the old ones are infringing and while we be pirates those trying to make a business out of art needs to respect other artists IP.
Future Fragments probably wouldn't want their original character being used which is why Arc gutted Chloe, literally :cry:
While the other artists deserve credit Arc originally only credited Asteria & Roxy to Zolla; the other ones not so much
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-6-8-arcgames.31912/post-4080639

ArcGames has said he is taking notes on peoples opinions. Probably a bit more weight to subscribers but he has said if enough people dislike it he will redo them.

While it's possible to swap between images/movies it not only adds to the overall file size (since double everything) but wouldn't get around that infringing problem since those belong to other artists.

Though you could use the comparison I did to serve that end
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-7-0-alpha-arcgames.31912/post-4194552

Choose the version you like and put that in the game folder. Ren'Py prefers files outside the Renpy Archices (RPA files) so that would work.

Taulmav

Jun 20, 2018
...Well then.. I think that's it for me. I do love the game for everything else; but not unlike many others, I find the changes to be downgrades rather than upgrades. Not only do they feel less polished than the original designs, but some of them are downright odd; if not strange. Its as if the budget on the art was gutted considerably. I certainly hope that this was a design choice that can be corrected; than an artist change.

- Annie - Lost the "Mature" idea that I had, her face looks almost like the face of a loli, which make her boobs just seem even more out of proportion. The eyes also feel very odd with the shade created by the hair.

- Chastity - One of the worse changes, her face is almost comical. Iloved the old design of chastity, here though not only are the eyes absolutely weird, but the face almost look asymetrical, it is bad enough that she went from being my favorite character in term of art, to the second worse.

- Chloe - While for some reason Annie's character redesign made her eyes smaller, Chloe is oddly having massively oversized eyes, that are almost bigger than her boobs. worse even, it seems to change depending on the clothes she wears, likewise her cheeks seem are a bit weird in term of proportion, while you could stab a man with her chin. This isn't a bad redesign per say, but it remains completely inferior to the former one

- Emma - A good redesign that keep the spirit of her old self, while improving the design. However, there is the same problem that make the face oddly disproportionate, her cheeks make weird angles.

- Gwen - The Chin is very, very, very, very weird - The rest is fine, i guess. Even though I prefer the old design.

- Jessica - A good redesign, although little changed.

- Lily - Its pretty good

- Luna - God please no. A character i loved the idea of, who now looks ridiculous. This is by far my worse design. her boobs are odd, and defy gravity, her moustaches/tattooes??? are strange. And her expression is very unnatural; I'm not even speaking about her nose.

Nothing to say about the rest, they all are "Okay"

...Seriously though, do realize that here is my own opinion, i don't mean it in any way to be mean, the author is free to do what he wants. Personally though, I don't think i'll remain interested in the game, this updates enters in a long line of "No one asked for this update" that end up being a downgrade.

Anyway - Good luck on the rest of the game, I'll come back to it if the characters are changed a second time to make them look a bit better, or better; going back to the old design.

4.40 star(s) 231 Votes