Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
It was mentioned earlier they literally had no choice as using existing models left them open to issues down the line. It was change the models or shut down I'd guess
Well, I didn't know about that, sorry. I only checked the recent comments after the latest release.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Hey masterdragonson can u share with me some renders of this game pls?
Anything special you looking for?
A lot of new art is in the comparison pack
CK Compare 0.6.9 to 0.7.0

Also I found a cheeky trick with the Android apk, apparently you can change the extension to zip
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But if you just wanted something wholesome

Last edited:

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
Anything special you looking for?
A lot of new art is in the comparison pack
CK Compare 0.6.9 to 0.7.0

Also I found a cheeky trick with the Android apk, apparently you can change the extension to zip

But if you just wanted something wholesome
Ty, I gonna use this in the spoiler.

Reactions: masterdragonson

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Might as well chime in on the redesign thing. Most of them IMO are a straight up improvement, especially Morgana and Jessica.

I can understand the contention with Luna and Gwen though, but I don't mind them either way. I'd consider 80% of the redesigns a clear improvement over the originals where most character only discernible feature was haircut and colour.
Exactly. I just have an issue with mainly Luna and Gwen.....and I hope Luna's an easier change cause it seems like most people just want the veil back (as opposed to "better hair" for Gwen)

Reactions: DorcasAurelia

HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
Now see this IS annoying. I've said it more times than I can count and that's just on this forum and that is that control is key. When you lose control just to satisfy a plot point it drives me up the wall, especially if it's A in a scenario where if you the player was in control it would never happen B if the character you are playing as as you've mentioned has the ability to stop it and your not given the choice in the matter or C the character has done it before so outside of a plot reason for not doing it again, it's just sloppy. I'm not coming down on Arc specifically here but in everything that suffers one of these plot falls. It's a failing I've noticed particularly in RPG games or anything where you need to improve your player to achieve a strength or combat based goal. You can be a death dealing machine that has no rival that Zeus himself would bow down to but then comes a long a cut scene where you get punked just to further the plot then it's back to being a badass afterwords.
A big problem I've seen in VNs with images that try to convey action is that the authors have no sense of time. In the scene I'm assuming you're talking about, one could imagine that everything happens so quickly that the MC doesn't have time to react - he's a skilled magician, but not a trained fighter, so he hasn't trained an instinct on how to deal with an unknown threat. However, it's tough to convey that when people are talking in full sentences to each other without a picture change, and thinking complex thoughts like "Oh no, when I gave her instructions before I didn't tell her to do this other thing!" Some of the silliest examples I've seen in other games are where a frame is supposedly showing something flying at someone's face (say, cum), and in that frame they have time to think entire sentences even though the next frame with it hitting their face would logically happen a fraction of a second later.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Aight, Imma one-up myself.
I made a google form. You can do the same that I did and give a rating and a comment about each one of the redesigns I covered.

All feedback is appreciated.
Around 200 responses from folks around here and on Arc's discord.

And a little extra.

Budoop

Aug 24, 2019
Kinda crazy that people say the new models don't look unique even though if you took the hair away from the old models you'd be unable to tell most characters apart. At least that isnt the case for the new ones.

Then again it seems all of this stuff is a matter of opinion, some straight up hate the new stuff, some like it.

Actually judging by the poll results so far most of the new models are successes overall. Only 4 of the 22 re-designed characters are below a 5 rating (Alexa, Caretaker, Claire, and Gwen).

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Kinda crazy that people say the new models don't look unique even though if you took the hair away from the old models you'd be unable to tell most characters apart. At least that isnt the case for the new ones.

Then again it seems all of this stuff is a matter of opinion, some straight up hate the new stuff, some like it.
That's kinda obvious don'tcha think?

• Haha
Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Well, I didn't know about that, sorry. I only checked the recent comments after the latest release.
No, I apologise if I was coming off as angry or anything, I just wanted to let you know. It's become a bit of an echo chamber in here at the moment with people complaining about the changes when others have highlighted there wasn't much choice in the matter.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
he's a skilled magician
Well it's one of the lower stats and the only thing close to offensive magic is Magic Field, a somewhat paralyzing effect that summons a cute puppy that rampages wildly. However Endure is defensive magic and should have been easy to work with. The MC literally uses it to play with fires so the first sign of fire should have been instinctive.

but not a trained fighter
We train with ninja girls, some of which actually wanted to kill him. It's also safe to assume Gramps hasn't neglected the boys training since he survives training against those Kunoichi and possibly gets his dick wet as a reward.

so he hasn't trained an instinct on how to deal with an unknown threat
We've let goons kidnapped him, almost drown him, set him on fire, arm wrestled minotaurs, sicked abominations on him, and sent him into the dark abyss to name a few things. By now it's not so much unknown as it is can we stick our dick in it.

At some point when bad things keep happening to the MC on a regular basis one might expect a bit more preparedness.
Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious

"Oh no, when I gave her instructions before I didn't tell her to do this other thing!"
We also didn't tell her to take baths, use the restroom, or eat and drink for that matter. Girl has some natural instincts.
Original Chloe also has shown internal monologue of wanting to protect her sister and the AI probably wouldn't prevent that as long as it was in the MC's interest which that is.

Some of the silliest examples I've seen in other games are where a frame is supposedly showing something flying at someone's face (say, cum), and in that frame they have time to think entire sentences even though the next frame with it hitting their face would logically happen a fraction of a second later.
Time is always a thing and hindsight can be a bitch :sneaky: But hear explosion, tell Chloe to protect Alice (A command similar to Act 1 "I'm not leaving you to die!" choice that funny enough gets ignored), cast Endure, go see what that explosion was about.

If things go south then call Chloe but leaving the little girl behind and expecting her to not check on her big sister was idiotic.

Nequiem

Oct 21, 2017
Actually judging by the poll results so far most of the new models are successes overall. Only 4 of the 22 re-designed characters are below a 5 rating (Alexa, Caretaker, Claire, and Gwen).
But if you keep in mind it's on a 10 scale, it's pretty bad. A six would be about average, and the overall averaging is just under six. Meaning at best it's thoroughly mediocre by the consensus. Successes would be at least 7s and 8s, which only a couple managed to break into.

intubos

Jan 27, 2020
The game as a whole is fantastic.

The MC most of the time is great.

There have just been a couple of .... questionable .... moments where he went from competent to complete numb nuts. A certain thing happened in a recent update that really shouldn't have happened, he has all the tools to stop it but did nothing and 1 of the girls he's screwed over more than once already gets screwed over again.

A lot of it is comedic but there are a few really dark undertones and it's got to the point where I think even the devs hate Chloe she gets that much shit.

It's only 1 character of out many so not worth raging over but it's getting to the "come on devs, leave her the fuck alone already" stage.

She's probably the only one out of the whole group who's life is getting worse the longer the game goes on.
I don't even want to lewd her anymore. I feel like I've just completely destroyed her life. All I want to do with her anymore is fix the MCs horrible mistakes.

Elhidino

Jun 30, 2017
To join the discussion: I also mostly hate new changes(Seriously, chloes chin turned into a goddamn knife)

Also whats with the censorship regarding to clothes? Was arc kidnapped and project is now run by china?

Now that a think about it... It mostly looks like chinese bootleg of the old models.

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
To join the discussion: I also mostly hate new changes(Seriously, chloes chin turned into a goddamn knife)

Also whats with the censorship regarding to clothes? Was arc kidnapped and project is now run by china?

Now that a think about it... It mostly looks like chinese bootleg of the old models.
You bretta bareev thats a banu!!! end of rine!!! Ahh Bioware :giggle:

Aurron

Mar 29, 2018
Not really praise or criticism for the new designs, but I was hoping someone who is smarter than I am can explain why these changes were necessary. From what I picked up, it seems like he basically ripped off the character cards from other people and got called out on it, so now he is editing the characters to make them more original.

But why though? How is what he did any different than the dozens of Naruto, Disney, or whatever your preferred game is? Seems like the owners of those IPs would have a lot more pull then some random koikatsu creator (no offence intended).

And even if the changes were absolutely necessary and had to be made at some point, why not just do 1 or 2 characters a month; starting with the characters he was receiving the most heat for? Doing all the characters at once just seems like a massive undertaking, that was rushed without serious pressure being put on him to do it. (Granted I only loosely follow the game so I could be off base on this)

4.40 star(s) 232 Votes