Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
Ayy the update is out. Time wait for a quick patch if anything pops up before playing. Kinda curious what next update will be. More Distortions, the relic thing he was talking about, etc.

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
Also found a slight bug. I can't seem to change formerly custom made Forsaken into animals pre 35. It just reverts back to the original race. I can make new ones with the trait though. Its minor but still probably a bug

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Undead Chosen? that jogs the noggin... how dat work? :whistle:
Ghost girls! Vampires who subsist on the bodily fluids of the living! Warriors of the Einherjar returned from Valhalla in search of worthy opponents! It's possible for them to become Chosen too! Or, more rarely, Chosen who die might just refuse to stay dead.
My first guess is that undead chosen are people that died in a previous run due to being killed by an ally and are now back with a vengeance... Maybe there could be some interesting stuff with them not being completely helpful in the fight against the demon lord due to their quirks.
This is one of the things I've considered, similar to how regular Chosen can become Superior Chosen in later loops. But for the first release, I think I'll just be implementing the basic species mechanics.
Haha, this isn't even wrong as such, but this is on a randomly generated character and in the case of a miniskirt I imagine it would actually be far easier to go up the thing.

View attachment 2138927
I wrote the clothing generation rules about three years ago, so I can't say for sure, but I believe I was thinking about those super-lowleg miniskirts where they actually do cover more skin below the groin than above.
Look&Feel is the name of the UI skins/themes used by (a Java GUI toolkit).

I always thought that Metal looked ugly, , which makes it being selected by the game, probably because a specific Look&Feel is never set by it. Using Nimbus completely breaks dark mode, but that's not a problem for me. :LUL:

, but including them is something only a program's developer can do, so in this case only CSdev. On that note: CSdev , if you ever want to look into having full app dark mode and a matching light mode, the linked Look&Feel might be the way to go. No idea how important that is to you though, but I imagine that working on actual content instead of pure UI changes probably ranks far higher. I personally don't really care that much, just figured I'd make you aware of it.
This was an interesting read. It's true that I'm more focused on the content at the moment, but I'll keep this in mind for the future.
Undead Chosen got my interest peaked. Wondering whether they will be the next difficulty past Animalistic Chosen due to well...they're undead. Or if these will play out in our favor as another avenue (Something like the Distortion paths) to corrupt them to the dark side if killed in combat. I know other Chosen try to kill each other in the final conflict so it is pretty cool to think of that as not the end for them, maybe sacrificing Forsaken will recycle them as Undead? Also wondering if we will be able to directly kill them during the final fight to cause a boost of trauma for the ones remaining (such as when fighting a superior or furry) since there is a big difference mentally speaking when it comes to ending someones suffering, or that choice being taken from you. Bonus trauma against the living during combat? Does the demon lord gain a function to resurrect them before moving onto the next fight? Lots of speculation and curiosity.

Also curious to if/how we can interact with them such as will they be hardy slaves to fill the Forsaken roles/positions? Will their dialogue go unchanged or will it be altered? Will they be temporary or disposable one-shots? Will the undead Chosen infect others or affect the civilians? Can't wait to see what you got up your sleeve next CSdev. I don't expect (or even want?) answers to any of this, just throwing wild wonder out regardless of how stupid or crazy for the fun of it.
Well, since you seem to enjoy being in suspense, I won't spoil all the details yet. But I can at least say that they're in the same "tier" as Animalistic Chosen, difficulty-wise. Currently, the second city choice starting with Loop 5 is guaranteed to have at least one Animalistic Chosen. Similarly, the first city choice will be guaranteed to have at least one Undead Chosen.
Ayy the update is out. Time wait for a quick patch if anything pops up before playing. Kinda curious what next update will be. More Distortions, the relic thing he was talking about, etc.
This one probably won't be as exciting. I still have a backlog of user experience improvements I want to try implementing, and now seems like a good time to do so (while I collect feedback regarding the new species mechanics).
Also found a slight bug. I can't seem to change formerly custom made Forsaken into animals pre 35. It just reverts back to the original race. I can make new ones with the trait though. Its minor but still probably a bug
Yep, that's definitely a bug. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Note that hitting the species toggle is what's triggering the bug, so it'll also lose any other changes you make after doing so.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

P.S. - I brought up Plague and a few others not having portrait folders in the first place and they still don't, so I'm not sure whether it was you or I who mis-understood something, CSdev ? :unsure:

Last edited:

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
Yep, that's definitely a bug. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Note that hitting the species toggle is what's triggering the bug, so it'll also lose any other changes you make after doing so.
I have a similar issue where a chosen I corrupted get stuck on Superior and won't go to Animalistic (she was initially regular)
I corrupted her in R35 and am currently using R35b

Also, I don't think my forsaken should have a "Times anally penetrated: 34 (first: Demon Lord during combat)" message considering I'm playing with violence off and have therefore not anally raped them

Last edited:

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
Ghost girls! Vampires who subsist on the bodily fluids of the living! Warriors of the Einherjar returned from Valhalla in search of worthy opponents! It's possible for them to become Chosen too! Or, more rarely, Chosen who die might just refuse to stay dead.

This is one of the things I've considered, similar to how regular Chosen can become Superior Chosen in later loops. But for the first release, I think I'll just be implementing the basic species mechanics.

I wrote the clothing generation rules about three years ago, so I can't say for sure, but I believe I was thinking about those super-lowleg miniskirts where they actually do cover more skin below the groin than above.

This was an interesting read. It's true that I'm more focused on the content at the moment, but I'll keep this in mind for the future.

Well, since you seem to enjoy being in suspense, I won't spoil all the details yet. But I can at least say that they're in the same "tier" as Animalistic Chosen, difficulty-wise. Currently, the second city choice starting with Loop 5 is guaranteed to have at least one Animalistic Chosen. Similarly, the first city choice will be guaranteed to have at least one Undead Chosen.

This one probably won't be as exciting. I still have a backlog of user experience improvements I want to try implementing, and now seems like a good time to do so (while I collect feedback regarding the new species mechanics).

I managed to fix it by starting a new campaign, and when I went back to try the other one to see if it was still happening it wasn't. I can still send the save if you want but the bug appears to have stopped.

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
I'm not sure if this is just because I'm rusty and it's been a while since I last played and I forgot stuff, but I've been having trouble getting some of the punisher susceptibilities to 1000%. With hypnosis, the problem I run into is that it seems like she can only use the related ability 4 times and once all 4 are used she can't use it anymore, so that makes the increase pretty slow. I'm on day 35 so I have plenty of wiggle room, but I don't want to spend WAY too much time on her and ignore the others. So far I've been struggling to get the hypnosis increase above 30-36%, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or strategies on how to do this.

In case you need to see it, here's the chosen:

1667400896515.png

Purity is the one I'm trying to get to 1000%.

Despair and Purity are rivals, and everyone is bitter enemies with Mirage.

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
I know this game doesn't have "graphics," but I would love if the portraits had a lot more variations and flavor to reflect what's actually happening to them.
A lot of the portraits seem to be AI generated, which makes sense as it makes it easier to just get graphics out there without having to worry too much.
If there were artists willing to work on it for the fun of it I'm sure that could help, but I also am pretty sure the dev is focusing more on the bigger stuff. Smaller things like that may come later, or be solely left for the community to mod in themselves, which is perfectly fine.

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
could someone explain how to achieve anything in the game?

i can only lose battles, buy updgrades and lose more battles

Qazex Saw

Feb 6, 2018
Is there like a wiki somewhere? Because while fun, it's kinda confusing as heck too.
It looks like each actions will buff or debuff your next action, but can't really tell how that works other than 'repeated actions have less effect'. Got a 'at least 1,000 expo damage' and the best I got is around 300ish I think?

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
I've been having trouble getting some of the punisher susceptibilities to 1000%
My usual tactics for everything but Confidence is to set up an early orgy (before extermination is done). Girls will pop out with 20+ levels of openings, bumped to 30+ once you capture one of them. Then capture only one, wait till she has 1 turn left, capture next one and so on. 2 free ones will be firing their skills with high lvls for good increase in % across the board.

For Con you need a different setup. Make commander with full bonus captures and ability to capture flying chosen. Ideally also with all 4 dmg types. Goal is to get targeted girl to 10 or better 11 lvl of Pain with a single use of commander capture. Usually not that hard to do, after initial capture she will have a good amount of opening levels, then capture her again, while keeping 2 others from using high lvl skills (either capture them too, but not with commander, or leave alone, depends on what you manage to do). Then when the targeted girl escapes, capture another one (to keep the battle going) and use your commander 2 remaining times. If she has 10 lvls of pain, a single escape will add 300% iirc, so you will get 700+% from a single day with this.

Reactions: Kalloi

alri

Mar 8, 2019
could someone explain how to achieve anything in the game?

i can only lose battles, buy updgrades and lose more battles
Is there like a wiki somewhere? Because while fun, it's kinda confusing as heck too.
It looks like each actions will buff or debuff your next action, but can't really tell how that works other than 'repeated actions have less effect'. Got a 'at least 1,000 expo damage' and the best I got is around 300ish I think?
The basic game mechanics are explained in text files in the game folder, but I also found this guide to be helpful.

The game is basically all about racking up the multipliers due to the exponential nature of trauma and circumstance levels, but you need some days at first in the loop to setup battles with longer surround chains.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I'm not sure if this is just because I'm rusty and it's been a while since I last played and I forgot stuff, but I've been having trouble getting some of the punisher susceptibilities to 1000%. With hypnosis, the problem I run into is that it seems like she can only use the related ability 4 times and once all 4 are used she can't use it anymore, so that makes the increase pretty slow. I'm on day 35 so I have plenty of wiggle room, but I don't want to spend WAY too much time on her and ignore the others. So far I've been struggling to get the hypnosis increase above 30-36%, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or strategies on how to do this.

In case you need to see it, here's the chosen:

View attachment 2141670

Purity is the one I'm trying to get to 1000%.

Despair and Purity are rivals, and everyone is bitter enemies with Mirage.
Besides forsaken or orgies, imo one of the best ways to raise punisher percentage is to use the respective punisher commanders to raise it themselves,

Besides doing a lot of damage on their own, their multiplier from their respective damage type is still active even before you reach 1000%, so it’s good to start off the battle with them so you’re guaranteed to get some decent % from the beginning of the battle and have the chosen already using stronger forms of their T3 early

In the case for innocence/hypnosis
If I’m not trying to get an orgy off and just trying to get 1000% for hypnosis, I make a 2-3 turn hypnosis commander with as much captures charges as I can and ambush the chosen im trying to raise % with.
Making a commander with such low turns intentionally makes it so her pleasure won’t ruin raising her other damage types like INJU or Hate, and when she escapes she’ll probably be in the 1000+ range and once she fantasizes she’ll bump it up to 10k, meaning you can do a force orgasm to raise her INJU up if it’s still not rising a lot on its own. From there it’s good to rely on surrounding that chosen that using the commander on her.

It’s also good to ease up on the surrounding the chosen you’re trying to raise hypnosis % at times, giving her 1 turn or more to use fantasize before surrounding her again, using one of the spare charges on her Allies to give them a lot of surrounding turns for later to use that ally as a buffer for your target chosen to fantasize the rest of her trauma stats. Only using the capture charges on your target when you can’t surround them

If you pull things off right, even when she fantasizes once or twice on a certain trauma type early in battle, she’ll do it again on those just because her earlier fantasies isn’t enough to completely null the trauma

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I know this game doesn't have "graphics," but I would love if the portraits had a lot more variations and flavor to reflect what's actually happening to them.
Recently I’ve been testing some of this with my portrait pack since the coming release will have lots of alternate outfits and hairstyles for some characters and I already drawn alternative expressions for their civilian forms!

Other than that, I think it would be cool as well if there were some things like small overlay effects for injuries or even a clothes destruction type of feature… ( I say that fully realizing the drawing hell I would have to subject myself to….)

One thing I also think would be interesting would be a slight overlay of scenery that changed with each city, I wouldn’t mind drawing that also, although there would be the potential issue of the text being hard to see

wibblywarble

Aug 3, 2018
Besides forsaken or orgies, imo one of the best ways to raise punisher percentage is to use the respective punisher commanders to raise it themselves,

Besides doing a lot of damage on their own, their multiplier from their respective damage type is still active even before you reach 1000%, so it’s good to start off the battle with them so you’re guaranteed to get some decent % from the beginning of the battle and have the chosen already using stronger forms of their T3 early

In the case for innocence/hypnosis
If I’m not trying to get an orgy off and just trying to get 1000% for hypnosis, I make a 2-3 turn hypnosis commander with as much captures charges as I can and ambush the chosen im trying to raise % with.
Making a commander with such low turns intentionally makes it so her pleasure won’t ruin raising her other damage types like INJU or Hate, and when she escapes she’ll probably be in the 1000+ range and once she fantasizes she’ll bump it up to 10k, meaning you can do a force orgasm to raise her INJU up if it’s still not rising a lot on its own. From there it’s good to rely on surrounding that chosen that using the commander on her.

It’s also good to ease up on the surrounding the chosen you’re trying to raise hypnosis % at times, giving her 1 turn or more to use fantasize before surrounding her again, using one of the spare charges on her Allies to give them a lot of surrounding turns for later to use that ally as a buffer for your target chosen to fantasize the rest of her trauma stats. Only using the capture charges on your target when you can’t surround them

If you pull things off right, even when she fantasizes once or twice on a certain trauma type early in battle, she’ll do it again on those just because her earlier fantasies isn’t enough to completely null the trauma
How do forsaken raise punisher percentages?
I’ve never really quite been able to figure out how to use forsaken effectively, as while they can do a lot of damage, you can’t do much to the other chosen while the forsaken is busy.

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
What exactly do you consider winning a battle?
my problem is understanding the main mechanics
i just keep fighting with the same 4 options that do nothing unless i spend a ton of points to buy and max another guy who'll fight instead of me

i guess i should learn how to beat a vulnerability, but i just dealt over 100k to a girl and i don't see nothing new

also... how should i read the distortion plans? i have no idea what the symbols mean, not to mention what i'm trying to achieve there

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
i just keep fighting with the same 4 options that do nothing unless i spend a ton of points to buy and max another guy who'll fight instead of me
Not instead, he will hold girls while you are going at them. But yes, that's the general idea - you won't achieve anything without commanders.
i guess i should learn how to beat a vulnerability
It's written in the info.
how should i read the distortion plans?
Don't mess with distortions until you're comfortable with ordinary game mechanic. It's basically a hard mode.

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes