SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Had a similar thing happen with one of mine earlier.

View attachment 2956242

on another not, not played in a while (41 was the last version, I think?) and noticed a something on the stats indicators, figured out what the ! means, but still cant dont know about the question mark... Anyone else know or am I just dumb and am not seeing it explained somewhere else?

View attachment 2956246
This means that there exists a Forsaken in your roster, who, if they were assigned the Hypnosis Punisher position, would be strong enough to break this T4.

Antivash

Aug 25, 2017
A few portrait packs I made for some operators from Arknights and a to include them:

Lungmen Ops:

Sui Siblings:

Jul 14, 2018
A few portrait packs I made for some operators from Arknights and a to include them:

Lungmen Ops:

Sui Siblings:

Those are pretty good, nice job.

As usual I've included it with the post that aims to collect all portrait sets. Anyone let me know if I missed any: https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-saviors-release-45e-csdev.63932/post-9314125

• Red Heart
Reactions: Karnewarrior

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
You can download whichever you like.

The way portraits are done in this game is that you have the regular portrait for a girl. But they also have a non-magical girl portrait (civilian), with 10 different emotions for each. The native game does not (yet) have different portraits for civilian versions so Contemplative Yearning is visually the most complete by having both civilian and magical girl versions of each girl.

After a girl is corrupted at the end of a run during a campaign, she can be recruited as a forsaken, and that's why it's also possible to add forsaken portraits, even if the native game does not (yet) offer different images for it. It's quite nice that the developer CSdev has created the programming for it to use these different portraits.

Then it's also possible for a girl to be animal or undead, which have their own portraits yet again if I'm not mistaken.

What is meant by duplicates is that the same image is used for the girl in different states (civilian - magical - forsaken - animalform)

---

Please note that the 27 portrait set at the very top does not work with the latest release (45e), but does work with prior versions and is expected to work again with the next release. So if you've got the latest version of the game, it's best to skip that one for now. Otherwise the higher up in the list, the better quality you can expect. If you're unsure what a mod does, I've added a link to the original post offering the mod with the "details" button below the download link for the mod.

Hope this is helpful, let me know if you have other questions.
so, i downloaded the recommended portrait upgrade pack. it came with bonus images. How do I implement them into the game? I'm currently fighting against one of the girls that has a few spicy images in the bonus folder

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
so, i downloaded the recommended portrait upgrade pack. it came with bonus images. How do I implement them into the game? I'm currently fighting against one of the girls that has a few spicy images in the bonus folder
If you mean the bonus images in Contemplative Yearning's pack, to implement those you need to move the bonus image into the portrait folder with that Chosen's name and then rename it to one of the expressions (anger, fear, focus, joy, lewd, neutral, sadness, struggle, or swoon). Though just a note, make sure to double check that you're putting it in the right folder, as some of the bonus images are listed as going with the wrong Chosen (for example, in the Bonus folder the images named Axiom actually belong to Calamity, and vice versa the bonus Calamity images are Axiom's images).

Jul 14, 2018
The game has a folder called "portraits". In there, there is a folder for each of the chosen in the base game. What I recommend is that you first make a backup (copy the whole portraits folder into a new folder, say "portraits backup"). Then you can copy any of the downloaded folders into the portaits folder. You can even do this as the game is running and after you've copied it, you can click a couple of buttons in the game, as it will automatically update when you do.
I use this when I start a new game sometimes, as I don't know which chosen I will get, and if I'm unhappy with the portraits I might make some new ones and copy it right in there.

There's also an alternate way. You can also create folders with names that don't exist yet, eg. "Calamity2". Then inside the game while you're examining calamity there is the option to change what portrait folder it gets images from. I think it's a little too much work, but the advantage is that you don't have to copy over any files and thus need to make no backup.

Antivash

Aug 25, 2017
Those are pretty good, nice job.

As usual I've included it with the post that aims to collect all portrait sets. Anyone let me know if I missed any: https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-saviors-release-45e-csdev.63932/post-9314125
Thanks. Not sure how many are gonna use them, but thats cool. Mostly made for personal use, but figured Id share just in case.

As an update, I've got a new bunch.

for the new inclusions. (F) indicates packs with forsaken images.

Nearl Family:

Reunion Members:

Rhodes Island Ops:

Penguin Logistics:

Last edited:

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
The game has a folder called "portraits". In there, there is a folder for each of the chosen in the base game. What I recommend is that you first make a backup (copy the whole portraits folder into a new folder, say "portraits backup"). Then you can copy any of the downloaded folders into the portaits folder. You can even do this as the game is running and after you've copied it, you can click a couple of buttons in the game, as it will automatically update when you do.
I use this when I start a new game sometimes, as I don't know which chosen I will get, and if I'm unhappy with the portraits I might make some new ones and copy it right in there.

There's also an alternate way. You can also create folders with names that don't exist yet, eg. "Calamity2". Then inside the game while you're examining calamity there is the option to change what portrait folder it gets images from. I think it's a little too much work, but the advantage is that you don't have to copy over any files and thus need to make no backup.
thx

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
So I have one question about combat styles for Forsaken that I've been completely unable to figure out... how do you reliably change their combat style? I assume it has to do with how much expertise they have in each damage type, but I do not understand what about it actually pushes them over into changing their style, as I've had Forsake stubbornly refuse to change their style from doing 3 types of damage to 2 even though 2 of the circumstances were like 50k more than the other two.

Jul 14, 2018
Thanks. Not sure how many are gonna use them, but thats cool. Mostly made for personal use, but figured Id share just in case.

As an update, I've got a new bunch.

for the new inclusions. (F) indicates packs with forsaken images.

Nearl Family:

Reunion Members:

Rhodes Island Ops:

Penguin Logistics:

That's quite a few new ones.

The link for whislash doesn't work.

On the whole decent and thank you for sharing.

Madeni

Oct 17, 2021
Hello, how do I save my options settings ?
Every time I launch the game it resets

Also, should I play Single Play or Campaign to learn the game ? Is there a tutorial ? Did I miss it ? At the moment I'm playing the game and trying to understand how I go, but I must admit that I'm very confused by some aspects, like for example the difference between Suppressor and Punisher actions for the body.
From what I gather, I need to break the weaknesses Tier by Tier for maximum efficiency ?

Last question: I added the two recommended portrait packs, but when the Chosen is in resting-face mode, the portrait swaps to 2 faces that look slightly different, is it normal ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
So I have one question about combat styles for Forsaken that I've been completely unable to figure out... how do you reliably change their combat style? I assume it has to do with how much expertise they have in each damage type, but I do not understand what about it actually pushes them over into changing their style, as I've had Forsake stubbornly refuse to change their style from doing 3 types of damage to 2 even though 2 of the circumstances were like 50k more than the other two.
The scale isn't linear so 50k more points could be a huge damage amount or it could be negligible. Style changes occur off of damage primarily I think.

If you keep their daily training on the style you want, and don't do training actions that give XP to any of the bad ones, eventually the other styles will atrophy down to 0 damage and you should definitely have switched by then. Sometimes the switch comes earlier or later, and I think other sources of damage multipliers might influence them, but you'll get there eventually if you keep at it.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Hello, how do I save my options settings ?
Every time I launch the game it resets

Also, should I play Single Play or Campaign to learn the game ? Is there a tutorial ? Did I miss it ? At the moment I'm playing the game and trying to understand how I go, but I must admit that I'm very confused by some aspects, like for example the difference between Suppressor and Punisher actions for the body.
From what I gather, I need to break the weaknesses Tier by Tier for maximum efficiency ?

Last question: I added the two recommended portrait packs, but when the Chosen is in resting-face mode, the portrait swaps to 2 faces that look slightly different, is it normal ?

Thanks !
Single Play is probably the best way to learn, though the first loop of the Campaign is basically classic difficulty Single Play but you get an item. So it doesn't really matter that much which you choose between. As for if there is a tutorial, you can turn on goals for an in-game sorta guide to tell you what you might want to aim for, but its not really a tutorial, the guide text file can also be helpful but it's not enough for everyone, look back a few pages in this thread and I have a general guide for the first half of a game.

The difference between Suppressor, Defilers, and Punishers are in what they do. Suppressors just attack a circumstance, nothing special. Defilers attack 2 circumstances and use the defiler action associated with the first circumstance they list, which can do T2 breaks. Punishers are similar to Suppressors in that they target a single circumstance but they are used for T4 vulnerabilities, with their damage scaling off of T4 break progression and also being what's necessary to carry out the T4 break when possible.

Technically only the T3 break can do multiple breaks at once, T2 breaks don't clear the T1 break if you skipped it. T3 breaks I think do still give you the EE from T1-2 breaks if you didn't do it already but I might be wrong, it's just better not to wait like that since the EE from T1-2 breaks goes a lot farther early on compared to when you will being T3 breaks.

If you want an answer to that you're probably going to need a bit more clear about which Chosen it's going on with, and what you mean by resting-face mode.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
The scale isn't linear so 50k more points could be a huge damage amount or it could be negligible. Style changes occur off of damage primarily I think.

If you keep their daily training on the style you want, and don't do training actions that give XP to any of the bad ones, eventually the other styles will atrophy down to 0 damage and you should definitely have switched by then. Sometimes the switch comes earlier or later, and I think other sources of damage multipliers might influence them, but you'll get there eventually if you keep at it.
Yeah that would probably explain it, thanks.

Madeni

Oct 17, 2021
Single Play is probably the best way to learn, though the first loop of the Campaign is basically classic difficulty Single Play but you get an item. So it doesn't really matter that much which you choose between. As for if there is a tutorial, you can turn on goals for an in-game sorta guide to tell you what you might want to aim for, but its not really a tutorial, the guide text file can also be helpful but it's not enough for everyone, look back a few pages in this thread and I have a general guide for the first half of a game.

The difference between Suppressor, Defilers, and Punishers are in what they do. Suppressors just attack a circumstance, nothing special. Defilers attack 2 circumstances and use the defiler action associated with the first circumstance they list, which can do T2 breaks. Punishers are similar to Suppressors in that they target a single circumstance but they are used for T4 vulnerabilities, with their damage scaling off of T4 break progression and also being what's necessary to carry out the T4 break when possible.

Technically only the T3 break can do multiple breaks at once, T2 breaks don't clear the T1 break if you skipped it. T3 breaks I think do still give you the EE from T1-2 breaks if you didn't do it already but I might be wrong, it's just better not to wait like that since the EE from T1-2 breaks goes a lot farther early on compared to when you will being T3 breaks.

If you want an answer to that you're probably going to need a bit more clear about which Chosen it's going on with, and what you mean by resting-face mode.
Okay... I think I need a very basic guide to everything about this game because I understood very little of the words you used haha
I've reached the point where the game isn't fun anymore because I can't understand the very basics of using the commander or what exactly the stats do, or basic strategy about combat.
Everything is explained so poorly while at the same time not always being intuitive.

I was having fun for a couple hours, and now I've hit a wall and it's tiresome.

I'll look up this guide you talked about, thanks

EDIT: Also, I think my "GOAL" is bugged because it's asking me to use the Sodomize action, and it never triggers on the character it's asking me to use it on despite reaching the correct amount of stat + surrounding the character.
It's also very annoying that the game doesn't explain what anything does before you click on it. Some have pop ups when you hover, ben when the game asks me to choose between "temptation" and "rampancy", I'm left there think: "Ah yes, two words I indeed understand !"
Or like "How would you like to act ? => Position", uh ?...

Last edited:

Sharinel

Dec 23, 2018
Okay... I think I need a very basic guide to everything about this game because I understood very little of the words you used haha
I've reached the point where the game isn't fun anymore because I can't understand the very basics of using the commander or what exactly the stats do, or basic strategy about combat.
Everything is explained so poorly while at the same time not always being intuitive.

EDIT: Also, I think my "GOAL" is bugged because it's asking me to use the Sodomize action
It's also very annoying that the game doesn't explain what anything does before you click on it. Some have pop ups when you hover, ben when the game asks me to choose between "temptation" and "rampancy", I'm left there think: "Ah yes, two words I indeed understand !"
I'll preface this by saying that I'm shit at the game, so maybe not the best to give tips but I think I have the basics down.

It all comes down to doing damage in 2 stages. The first stage is to get to various breakpoints (100, 1000, 10000 etc) with any of the 4 vulnerabilities. Then surround the girl and attack the other 4 vulnerabilities. Both sets of vulnerabilities are linked.
On first day, try and get one of their vulnerabilities to at least 100 so that you can start earning EE's at the end of the fight. With the first EE buy Psychic Reading. You can then click in the info button and select the girls profile. See an example profile below :-

1696021848689.png

So the vertical lines | split the stages, and the amount of dashes show how much damage you do. In the example above the 2nd line shows that you do a lot of damage in the Innocence tree before surrounding them, then absolute crap after. However the 3rd line for confidence shows almost the exact opposite.

One other thing to note about damage done to the stages after surrounding is that unlike the damage you do before surrounding, this carries on until they are no longer surrounded. Example - you surround someone for 6 turns. On the first turn you do damage against EXPO. That damage will continue to be done until the 6th turn. But if you then do PLEA/HATE/INJU on the 2nd/3rd/4th turns then INJU will only take 3 turns of damage (the 4th/5th/6th turns). This is the main way of getting silly numbers, try and keep them surrounded for as many turns as possible so your surround damage gets applied automatically while you can attack other girls.

Now for the bit I'm crap at (please someone else chime in). With the damage you do after surrounding, you are trying to get to breakpoints with that. If you can get them to 100 or 1000 then you get multipliers which apply to the 1st stage damage. So again using the 3rd line which is the Confidence tree if I can get INJU(ry) to 100 then I get a x2 multiplier which applies to any PAIN damage in the subsequent rounds. Get it to 1000 and I get a x4 multiplier. And some multipliers that you do to girl A will also be applied to Girl B and C (which is the bit i'm rubbish at).

That's the basics I think. Watch me get shot down in flames now for talking a load of shite :)

Reactions: Madeni

Madeni

Oct 17, 2021
I'll preface this by saying that I'm shit at the game, so maybe not the best to give tips but I think I have the basics down.

It all comes down to doing damage in 2 stages. The first stage is to get to various breakpoints (100, 1000, 10000 etc) with any of the 4 vulnerabilities. Then surround the girl and attack the other 4 vulnerabilities. Both sets of vulnerabilities are linked.
On first day, try and get one of their vulnerabilities to at least 100 so that you can start earning EE's at the end of the fight. With the first EE buy Psychic Reading. You can then click in the info button and select the girls profile. See an example profile below :-

View attachment 2967319

So the vertical lines | split the stages, and the amount of dashes show how much damage you do. In the example above the 2nd line shows that you do a lot of damage in the Innocence tree before surrounding them, then absolute crap after. However the 3rd line for confidence shows almost the exact opposite.

One other thing to note about damage done to the stages after surrounding is that unlike the damage you do before surrounding, this carries on until they are no longer surrounded. Example - you surround someone for 6 turns. On the first turn you do damage against EXPO. That damage will continue to be done until the 6th turn. But if you then do PLEA/HATE/INJU on the 2nd/3rd/4th turns then INJU will only take 3 turns of damage (the 4th/5th/6th turns). This is the main way of getting silly numbers, try and keep them surrounded for as many turns as possible so your surround damage gets applied automatically while you can attack other girls.

Now for the bit I'm crap at (please someone else chime in). With the damage you do after surrounding, you are trying to get to breakpoints with that. If you can get them to 100 or 1000 then you get multipliers which apply to the 1st stage damage. So again using the 3rd line which is the Confidence tree if I can get INJU(ry) to 100 then I get a x2 multiplier which applies to any PAIN damage in the subsequent rounds. Get it to 1000 and I get a x4 multiplier. And some multipliers that you do to girl A will also be applied to Girl B and C (which is the bit i'm rubbish at).

That's the basics I think. Watch me get shot down in flames now for talking a load of shite :)
Thanks for the explanation !
I understood most of this by trial and error, so I'm glad I wasn't completely of tracks on my understanding of the mechanics.

Your paragraph after the image is info I wasn't taking into consideration though, so maybe that's why I keep getting crap multipliers on some girls (like x0.06)... I'm just hitting a stat they are super resistant to. Or at least that's my theory.

I'll finish reading the guide in the game files and see if it helps.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019

EDIT: Also, I think my "GOAL" is bugged because it's asking me to use the Sodomize action, and it never triggers on the character it's asking me to use it on despite reaching the correct amount of stat + surrounding the character.
To explain some for commanders and stats, this is the explanation for the stats from the guide:

HATE: x2 all damage per level, or x4 for FEAR
PLEA: x4 all traumas per level, or x8 for DISG
INJU: x3 all circumstances per level, also x2 PAIN
EXPO: x2 all ally circumstance damage per level, also x2 own SHAM

FEAR/DISG/PAIN/SHAM are the types of Trauma damage, while HATE/PLEA/INJU/EXPO are the types of Circumstance damage. Trauma damage is caused by your default 4 attacks called Trauma attacks (Threaten, Slime, Attack, and Taunt which are associated with FEAR, DISG, PAIN, and SHAM respectively), while Circumstance damage is caused by the 4 Circumstance attacks used during a surround (Grind, Caress, Pummel, and Humiliate for HATE/PLEA/INJU/EXPO respectively), as a note Circumstance attacks only need to be used once per surround, they also do damage to all Traumas.

As for the meaning of those above modifiers, they multiply the damage done to stats by the listed modifier times the level of the Circumstance (so for HATE, it would by Level x 2 = modifier, for example level 3 hate would by 3 x 2 = x6 modifier), all Circumstances will give a bonus modifier to their associated Trauma (HATE/FEAR, PLEA/DISG, INJU/PAIN, EXPO/SHAM). HATE will add its modifier to every stat, PLEA will only add its modifier to Trauma stats, INJU will only add it to Circumstance stats, and EXPO will only add its modifier to the Chosen's own SHAM stat and every stat for every Chosen except for herself.

It should noted however that there are negative modifiers, the two big ones to worry about early on are related to Trauma and Circumstance levels. The Trauma based negative modifier is "0.5 / (Trauma level - lowest Trauma level)" applied to the Trauma's associated Circumstance, so for example say FEAR is level 2 and DISG is level 0 then the modifier would by "0.5/2" which is a 0.25 (1/4) modifier applied to HATE, this also means you can get rid of the modifier by having every Trauma at the same level. The Circumstance based negative modifier is just "0.5 / highest Circumstance level)" applied to every Circumstance, so say your highest is HATE at 3 then that would apply a 1/8 modifier to every Circumstance, regardless of the level of the others.

There are other positive/negative modifiers but those are really the most broadly relevant. The post T3 break Adaptation abilities the Chosen get can add negative modifiers as well (Fantasize decreasing trauma damage by 1/10 per PLEA level and Strip Tease halves damage to surrounded Chosen for a number of turns equal to EXPO level), defiler+ actions and orgies can add temporary positive modifiers, and things like that.

So... what does this mean for strategy? Well early on when you just have the 4-2 or 5-2 Commander you'll want to focus a single Chosen per fight, with how quick early fights are you'll realistically only get 3 captures on the first Chosen and 2 on the second, so you'll probably not be doing much to the second Chosen. So as I went through in previous mentioned guide, you'll want to use the Commander to make these attacks in order, Grind/Pummel (chose based on if they're weaker to HATE or INJU), Caress, Grind/Pummel (based on which they're stronger to), then Humiliate. For the second Chosen you'll be doing the same thing except replacing Caress with Humiliate and then not doing Caress at all, then before the second Chosen escapes recapture the first Chosen.

Now, why do we do this? Grind, Pummel and Caress work together to build up more surround rounds due to their modifiers, we do it in this order because it's (in my experience) the most effective way to do damage in 4 turns, this only falls through if you have a Chosen very strong vs PLEA damage at which point just use Caress last instead. We don't bother with Caress on the second Chosen because really the only thing you want out of the second Chosen is EXPO levels to stack more modifiers onto the first Chosen, 4 turns even without PLEA levels is enough to create enough Openings to surround them a second, as for why we only do 3 attacks instead of 4 on the second Chosen, this is really only relevant for 4-2 Commanders but it's so that you can surround the first Chosen again while the second Chosen is still surrounded so you can take advantage of the FEAR Openings. This strategy is broadly what you carry going forward, focus on raising HATE, PLEA, and INJU for larger surrounds with some EXPO raising for bonus damage to other Chosen, the only change is once you get Networked Consciousness you'll want to use all four attacks on the second Chosen as she'll still be surrounded by then even with a 4-2 Commander.

What are Openings? If you already understand this you can probably skip this. Each level of a Trauma increases Openings which are used for surrounding Chosen, with a Chosen needing "1 + (2 x number of times surrounded)" Openings to be surrounded. Each Trauma stat give openings in different ways:
FEAR: Only provides its Openings while another Chosen is surrounded.
DISG: Can only provide up to half the necessary Openings rounded down to a minimum of 1.
PAIN: Openings provided equal to "current PAIN level - PAIN level going into previous surround"
SHAM: Only provides its Opening when the Chosen already has enough Openings to be surrounded.

As for you questions in the Edit:

Sodomize, like all Defiler actions, require level 3 in the Circumstance, so Sodomize requires level 3/10k damage in INJU. If you did have level 3 INJU and still couldn't use it then either you were already using another defiler action (outside of having one specific item, you can only use a single defiler per surround), or you had a bug.

As for the lack of explanations, like I said in my other reply, read the "guide.txt" document in the main folder, it explains a lot of useful information, such as what each Distortion is.

As for "Or like "How would you like to act ? => Position"" I'll need context on what situation you saw this under as I'm not sure what this is from. I think you might be referring to using approach on a Chosen in between days (though the message there is "How will the Demon Lord act"), in which case there's not much explanation there because approach is entirely pointless, it's entirely just there as fluff 99% of the time, its only use is as part of the Negotiation Distortion, and even then all that matters is you hit the Negotiate button.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017

You need to understand multipliers. Here is a post I made that explains what is going on, and how to be successful with your first T2 break.

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes