• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
I dont think that makes sense when a game cycle is less than 2 months.
The final battle happens because of demon energies accumulating with battles and stuff, you could have the game cycle being extended by an extra day for each day not spent on a battle or something. A coherent explanation can be used fairly easily. Not to mention that the demon lord should have a pregnancy acceleration spell or two.

Arachnofiend

Jul 22, 2017
I don't understand how to train Tempt forsaken; you need to do the obedience trainings to raise their corruption level, but raising their obedience will remove the bonus from having Tempted them right? Am I misunderstanding how the training system works?

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Clicked through tutorial three times, have read following guide twice, still have no idea what am I doing.
How to play it?

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
I've got a pregnancy themed expansion in the works. I have a major professional exam in April, so between exam preparation and work I have very limited time that I want to set aside for this atm, and probably won't have any release until May. Those who are very curious can follow along here:
I'll wait for it hopefully! What kind of content are you thinking of adding?

bobjones9792

May 27, 2017
I've got a pregnancy themed expansion in the works. I have a major professional exam in April, so between exam preparation and work I have very limited time that I want to set aside for this atm, and probably won't have any release until May. Those who are very curious can follow along here:
What did you use to mod the game? I tried modding it once but couldn't find anything to decompile the .jar with.

ronney

May 6, 2017
how do i actually train forsaken I opened the forsaken menu during campaign and clicked on one of them and the only choices are herself, philosophy, other forsaken, change name, change text color, sacrifice, and back

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
how do i actually train forsaken I opened the forsaken menu during campaign and clicked on one of them and the only choices are herself, philosophy, other forsaken, change name, change text color, sacrifice, and back
Did you finish the loop early or did you finish it at day 50 or whichever final day you have for that loop?

ronney

May 6, 2017
Did you finish the loop early or did you finish it at day 50 or whichever final day you have for that loop?
i figured out i finished at the day of the final battle which means i have to start the next loop i loaded a previous save and started early.

Reactions: Kalloi

Genghis

Apr 15, 2017
Whenever I choose a training option in the forsaken menu the buttons stop being selectable and you cant do anything and nothing progresses. Is there a fix or workaround?

Alisine

Oct 25, 2020
This game is really interesting, I, just like many others I've read here, wish I knew how to properly strategize in it. I have glanced through and read some of the guides but I'm still at a loss. I managed to accumulate at the end 9 EE per day by breaking one with pleasure, but I always felt like I messed up in the middle by not being able to break the other two. At the end I was struggling to get enough EE to even put a commander out so I would waste 2-3 turns farming EE.

The depth of strategy is here, and is really a treat to see, but it's so unforgiving once you fall behind that it becomes a little frustrating to *want* to learn after awhile.

I wish it clicked to me how to properly stragetize in it, because this game has all the things I enjoy.

AngryGorilla

Jan 25, 2019
For me, the game starts snowballing once I got the following:
2 supressor effects equipped at the same time (hate and inj)
1 extra capture and some extra turns, not more turns than it takes for the second chosen to arrive.

Edit:
This commander costs around 10ee but should be worth it.

Start by ambushing. Once the second chosen arrives, capture her. Then surround the first chosen, you will now get more turns from the fear damage. Start with humility to help with the damage on chosen number two, then other damage types as needed, depending on what category I want to break. I mainly ignore the third chosen. When chosen two breaks free, surround her immediately and do humiliate to help with damage on chosen number one. This opening should be enough to do some nice damage to both chosen.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
The game is getting pretty high ratings, so I assume there is just something I'm missing .
That said, the 'tutorial' is awful, and I feel like I understood the game more before playing it then after.

himmlisches

Sep 23, 2018
I'll wait for it hopefully! What kind of content are you thinking of adding?
I'm adding a ton of new variables describing the chosen/forsaken bodies and minds, as well as a protagonist with the same. The intended gameplay loop is to make forsaken, selectively breed them to produce the traits you want, capture the resultant child (who will be generated as a chosen), and repeat. Will probably have some form of mechanic where in order to improve your protagonist's traits you need to sacrifice forsaken to it.

Early iterations will probably only support a male protagonist/female forsaken, but the framework should support all genders down the road.

What did you use to mod the game? I tried modding it once but couldn't find anything to decompile the .jar with.
I harassed the CSDev until he posted the source code here a few pages back, so I'm working with that. .jar is just a zip file, so you can unpack it with 7zip, winrar etc., and take a look at the classes within directly.

The game is getting pretty high ratings, so I assume there is just something I'm missing .
That said, the 'tutorial' is awful, and I feel like I understood the game more before playing it then after.
The game is quite hard, but it has a lot of depth to it. So, if you like strategy/management it provides a lot of interesting content, even without any of the lewd context. Definitely not a game for everyone, but those who like it, REALLY like it.

Reactions: Kalloi

Arachnofiend

Jul 22, 2017
supressor effects mostly seem to be inferior to stacking all four damage types, is there something I'm missing?
Targeting just INJU/HATE can be a good way to get your first breaks on your designated victim, once she's been corrupted a bit you can add EXPO to cash in on your first victim's weakness to get started on the second. I'm not as high on the INJU/ANG commander as AngryGorilla (I usually just the basic commander) but I definitely see the logic behind it.

AngryGorilla

Jan 25, 2019
Targeting just INJU/HATE can be a good way to get your first breaks on your designated victim, once she's been corrupted a bit you can add EXPO to cash in on your first victim's weakness to get started on the second. I'm not as high on the INJU/ANG commander as AngryGorilla (I usually just the basic commander) but I definitely see the logic behind it.
I actually meant the standard commander with one extra damage type.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Lastly, I want to announce(?) something that I plan on working on in the future. I ended up illustrating a vignette scene for fun and sending to CSDev since it was based on the game and I didn't know what else to do with it really. They brought up the idea of it seeming like CG for a visual novel and that since the game is in the creative commons I could make one if I wanted to using these kind of illustrations like CG's

I thought about it for awhile and came with some pretty decent ideas for the visual novel so I decided I'll make sort of visual novel companion for Corrupted Saviors. The basic premise will follow a newly reawakened demon lord that was supposedly defeated years ago. Story-wise I have a good idea of what to do, the characters will based on the chosen designs I've made and some of the scenes/CG will based on events that can happen in corrupted saviors like the interview, vignettes, and some battles.

And The story will be based on my challenge scenarios so by playing the visual novel and the game side-by-side you can have a really dope experience I hope! :D

I don't know when I have the time to work on this but it could be after I finished most of the portrait pack as well as finish working on the mod for this other game I'm working on so don't expect anything soon haha

But if you want a sneak peek here's the illustration in question! (I need to practice drawing male characters more lol) This is from the vignette "Guilty Service"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If I make anymore during my downtime I'll post them whenever I upload my next image pack update!
Ty for reading the mountain of info, I really just wanted to say everything I have planned at the moment so you can look forward to things if you're interested in my image pack or anything else I mentioned, I hope you have a nice day! :D
I'm glad that you're moving forward with this! I'm always happy to discuss my ideas for the setting if you like. But at the same time, you shouldn't feel obligated to stay within my own ideas for the setting. As long as you have a story you want to tell, the only important thing is to tell it.
I got a couple of questions. tbh, these questions and the lack of in-game response feels extremely annoying. the game is easy to play, hard to master, but it's not skill, it's planning, to plan you need information, information which we don't have.
i got imago quickening on day 35 of a first loop with a custom character i wanted to tempt so it had tier 2 shame broken and tier 1 pleasure iirc so i am fairly experienced with the game.

1: how does friendship rivalry works when a vulnerability is broken (not by player, via chosen background) and significant values. its annoying to work hard to maintain friendship then suddenly boom, i break 1significant vulnerability and now one chosen has 2 rivals.

2: during the events of day 15/30/45, how do they work in relation to vulnerabilities?

knowing how the interview works could greatly help me plan things from day 1, since, for instance, i could break chosen 3's core vulnerability and get tier 3 but i could also break every chosen's up to tier 2 but to achieve that i would need to beeline chosen 3 from the get go.

3: during chosen downtime, how does the teaming mechanic works EXACTLY, so that we players can better influence the chosen.
for instance, if you want to tempt a chosen, the evil energy they will give you will remain low unless they team up with a higher broken hero, so instead of getting +15 15 5 you gain +15 +30 evil energy.

i know it changes depending on the vulnerability broken, so if you break 1 morality and the other's morality they will team up.
it also has a much more noticeable impact early game when you can only spit and stuff, no surround.

4: how does orgy work in relation to vulnerabilities and temptation... Because tbh, it feels weird to be able to get MUCH higher values, in the tier 3-4 broken vulnerabilities, when tier 1 or 2 isn't even broken.
as such, you can easily get tier 3 broken but tier 1 is intact.

5: is there a way to figure out how forsaken attack pattern and stats are influenced precisely? see image for detail. i know that if i increase hate and anti, i will get a hate and anti combat style, but it won't tell me the combat compatibility.

it gets even worse when you finish a loop 10-15 days before you invade another city and you have a chance to train your forsaken but... you don't know what kind of chosen you'll face.

is their combat style influenced by their personality/corruption stat? i know default combat is chosen by personality and corruption, but, i don't know if a low hostility corruption faces badly against a chosen (poor, good, average) because the combat style hostility doesn't suit them or because it's just hard af to train them in hostility to begin with.

6: is there any guide for forsakens other than the guide that comes with the game?
My tactic is basically get a forsaken to be as high tier disgrace as possible so they cost like 8 or less energy to deploy, train them a lot, fight chosen until you get eager breader, weakness sense and focus, then save it all up to send the forsaken and wreak havoc, break as much vulnerability as possible for the next 2 fights.

the problem with over reliance on forsaken is that once the diminishing returns hits the threshold of getting everyone unsplittable during downtime while not being able to break any more vulnerabilities with them, or maybe it's just because i don't rely much on the higher cost forsaken but its hard to plan to use them when they cost so much and i don't think they do that much more dmg tho, could be wrong or using them wrong mid to late game.
In addition to the answers you've received, I can add some more information as the dev.

1: Relationships really shouldn't be progressing from significant vulnerability breaks. If they are, it's a bug. But I'm about as certain as I can be that there's no code for progressing relationships in the significant break section, so it's more likely that you might have missed a core being broken.

2: The only thing the game looks at when giving bonus energy during the Day 15/30/45 events is which core vulnerabilities are broken. Everything else (like minor breaks and relationships) only influences flavor text. The bonus is +2 EE per core Tier 1 broken for the Day 15 event, +5 EE per core Tier 2 broken for the Day 30 event, and +50 EE per core Tier 4 broken for the Day 45 event.

3: It's a big complicated formula that assigns each possible downtime action a weight and has each Chosen pick the one with the highest weight for them. When multiple Chosen pick the same action (which is significantly more likely because they try to compromise on an action that resolves the trauma they both have), the actions are merged into the group version. I'm also not happy with the way that it's impossible in practice for the player to predict which action will happen, and this is high on the list of things I want to rework after more of the core mechanics are done. But in the meantime, the one 100% reliable rule is that Chosen will never perform a downtime action tied to a vulnerability break they haven't experienced yet. So the "15 + 15 + 5" scenario should only be happening if the third Chosen hasn't gotten a tier 3 break yet or has significantly less unresolved trauma than the others.

5: For combat style decisions, each expertise type has a multiplier which ranges from x1 to x2 depending on their personality (so a Minor Morality Forsaken will assign roughly twice as much weight to HATE as a Core Morality one would at the same HATE Exp value). Every time they're trained, they compare these weights. If one is much higher than the other three, they go with a single-circumstance fighting style. If two of them are much higher than the other two, they go with a two-circumstance fighting style. If one is much lower than the others, they go with a three-circumstance fighting style. And if they're all very close to equal, they go with the "unfocused" fighting style. After they've already picked a combat style for the first time, the difference in weighting needs to be significant before they'll switch.

6: I agree with you that Forsaken were too weak lategame in the previous release. The current release includes an attempt to fix that. I'm not sure if I went far enough yet. More testing is required.

In general, the reason why I don't include formulas for everything I can in the included documentation is that there's a very fine balance to walk between making the documentation long enough to cover everything important while also making it short enough that people bother to read it. When I get a question whose answer can already be found in the documentation (which is quite often), the lesson I take from that is "I should be trying to make the guide.txt shorter, not longer."
I've made a real girl pack (48 unique girls, one for each nickname). CSdev please keep working on this wonderful game!

View attachment 1674864 View attachment 1674865

Workupload
This is really nice! I'm always happy to see a completed pack. I'll certainly do my best to continue!
For it to be well done the game would need a bit of a revamp, adding some kind of direct interaction with the Chosen that doesn't involve combat. Pregnancy would either be trivial and happen through those extremely short scenes otherwise.
I remember a long time ago when I asked the Dev for an alternative corruption path and he confirmed we'd get something like that. I was thinking of interactions that you can do by using EE out of combat, like events that progress through repetition and lead to pregnancy or convincing them to change sides, but I feel like his idea of "an alternative path" ended up being the distortions.
You're correct that the alternative path turned into the distortion system, but one of the coming distortions I have in mind actually does involve the mechanic of spending EE outside of combat to trigger scenes. (Though this one in particular isn't focused on pregnancy.)
I don't understand how to train Tempt forsaken; you need to do the obedience trainings to raise their corruption level, but raising their obedience will remove the bonus from having Tempted them right? Am I misunderstanding how the training system works?
Tempted Forsaken are indeed harder to train, which does make the last tier of training actions pretty impractical to use. Eventually, there are more ways planned to get consent for training, but for the time being, the only way to manage it is to have them make friends with two (or more) other Chosen before you beat them, then turn them all into Forsaken so that you can get the consent bonus for treating them well. Alternatively, even if you push a Tempted Forsaken above 40 Obedience and she loses the bonuses, you can still teach her to use the Tempt defiler type.
Whenever I choose a training option in the forsaken menu the buttons stop being selectable and you cant do anything and nothing progresses. Is there a fix or workaround?
This is almost certainly a save compatibility bug. If you upload the save, I can try to fix whatever's making the game crash when it sees it.

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes