McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
So decided to play again and got the "Greater sins imminent" thing again. Was wondering what are the conditions for it since it seems to happen way too often for me. Even if I do an orgy they decide to do a common 2 energy action. It's fine in early but would be annoying to deal with in lower days run especially against undead chosen.

Btw first image and the second/third image are the same days played differently. The fourth one is 1 day after an orgy.
Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware the downtime/trauma resolution activities is one of the few systems in the game we have no significant information on so everything we do know about it is really just guesses. So while we know there is a reason that Chosen will sit on Greater Sins Imminent doing group activities of a lower tier instead of doing their new higher tier of EE generation, we have no idea what that reason actually is. Presumably though the closer the Chosen are to each other the more likely they are to choose group activities, for example I assume Triumph and Paladin are on friendly terms in those screenshots? Though all we really know is that Chosen will never choose a trauma resolution activity that is more than 1 tier below their highest tier of trauma resolution.

ShadowBlaze94

Aug 22, 2018
Went through a new save file with cheats enabled to see how it feels while still keeping the difficulty increases. I'm wondering if I'd need to grind out Strength's angst a bit more before I attempt the final battle. The save is the most recent one

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
What is distortion? I do not even know the basics. :(

View attachment 3242914

View attachment 3243041

I do not see the direct connection between MOR INN CON and DIG and the specific actions (Hate / Plea / Inju / Expo). Nor do I quite understand what I need to do to advance the / to an X.

Also, I have a hard time keeping them alive on the final round. They kill each other. Is there a way to influence that?

Is there a walkthrough that explain the mechanics?
Yes, there is a guide shipped with the game called guide.txt

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
CSdev Crash report in 49d:

Steps to reproduce:
Load save "victoryofasorts"
"Pass Time" twice
Click "Next City"-->crash before the buttons show up
Pretty sure because of the text I see that it's some logic handling the warp that causes a crash. Not sure why. I remember that previously the Loop 11 warp was fine, but probably something to do with the new logic. Here's what I see--notice it cuts off before the third option that should be there.

1704763166051.png

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware the downtime/trauma resolution activities is one of the few systems in the game we have no significant information on so everything we do know about it is really just guesses. So while we know there is a reason that Chosen will sit on Greater Sins Imminent doing group activities of a lower tier instead of doing their new higher tier of EE generation, we have no idea what that reason actually is. Presumably though the closer the Chosen are to each other the more likely they are to choose group activities, for example I assume Triumph and Paladin are on friendly terms in those screenshots? Though all we really know is that Chosen will never choose a trauma resolution activity that is more than 1 tier below their highest tier of trauma resolution.
Well I am aware that relationships can affect downtime actions but I thought high enough trauma/angst causes them to choose a high energy one regardless of relationships. Also, sometimes they would be making +5 energy and then I would do another t2 break which will cause them to go to +2 energy actions from then onwards for some reason. I think downtime action definitely need a fix since even with trillions of trauma this is happening.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
OK, so I've been looking at this in the code, and here's what I know.

First it figures up the new Traumas and ANGST.

For downtime, CS makes a 3x25 array (per Chosen and per possible Action), and does a calculation of each Chosen's ANGST.

It calculates a weight for each value. It's an array so it starts at 0.

Here are the actions:
Action 0: Extra Patrol -- 0EE, -100 ANGST
Action 1: Nightclub -- 1EE, -100 FEAR, -200 ANGST
Action 2: Recreation -- 1EE, -100 DISG, -200 ANGST
Action 3: Combat Training -- 1EE, -100 PAIN, -200 ANGST
Action 4: Titillations -- 1EE, -100 SHAM, -200 ANGST
Action 5: (can't find the text)-- 2EE, -1000 FEAR, -500 PAIN, -4000 ANGST
Action 6: Please Others -- 2EE, -500 FEAR, -1000 DISG, -4000 ANGST
Action 7: Public Transformation -- 2EE, -1000 PAIN, -500 SHAM, -4000 ANGST
Action 8: Videos of Other Chosen -- 2EE, -500 DISG, -1000 SHAM, -4000 ANGST
Action 9: Orgy with Friends -- 5EE, -100K FEAR, -50K DISG, -1M ANGST
Action 10: "Loses" to Thralls -- 5EE, -100K DISG, -50K PAIN, -1M ANGST
Action 11: Destructive Transformation -- 5EE, -100K PAIN, -50K SHAM, -1M ANGST
Action 12: Exposure Play -- 5EE, -50K FEAR, -100K SHAM, -1M ANGST
Action 13: Killer Vigilante -- 15EE, -100M FEAR, -25M DISG, -50M PAIN, -2G ANGST
Action 14: Sex with Demon -- 15EE, -25M FEAR, -100M DISG, -50M SHAM, -2G ANGST
Action 15: Attempt Suicide -- 15EE, --50M DISG, -100M PAIN, -25M SHAM, -2G ANGST
Action 16: Manipulate Fans -- 15EE, -50M FEAR, -25M PAIN, -100M SHAM, -2G ANGST
Action 17: Attack Military -- 50EE, -2T FEAR, -1T PAIN, -500G SHAM, -40T ANGST
Action 18: Acting on Hypnotism -- 50EE, -1T FEAR, -2T DISG, -500G PAIN, -40T ANGST
Action 19: Offers Self to Thralls -- 50EE, -2T PAIN, -500G DISG, -1T SHAM, -40T ANGST
Action 20: Demonic Propaganda -- 50EE, -500G FEAR, -1T DISG, -2T SHAM, -40T ANGST
Action 21: Party With Thralls (Tempted)-- 15EE, -1G All Trauma, -10G ANGST
Action 22: Catatonic State (Aversion) -- 0EE, no changes
Action 23: Enjoying Truce (Negotiation) -- 0EE, -1G All Trauma, -10G ANGST
Action 24: Rampaging (Rampant) -- 30EE, -1G All Trauma, -10G ANGST
Of course, in Campaign Mode, all of these are modified by the Trauma Resolution Speed, as well as the numbers being subtracted in the thresholds below.

Notice each of actions 1-20 reduce 1-3 Traumas by an amount. Call them, for each action, T1, T2, T3 in order from greatest to least.

Here's how the chosen pick an action individually:
An Action Weight is created for each Chosen and each action.
Action 0 has a weight of 150.
Actions 1-4 have starting weights of 50 + (100 * T1 + 10 * ANGST) / (100 + Morality)
Actions 5-8 have starting weights of (200 * T1 + 100 * T2 + 20 * ANGST) / (100 + Morality) - 20K
Actions 9-12 have starting weights of (400 * T1 + 200 * T2 + 40 * ANGST) / (100 + Morality) - 4M
Actions 13-16 have starting weights of (1000 * T1 + 500 * T2 + 250 * T3 + 100 * ANGST) / (100 + Morality) - 1G
Actions 17-20 have starting weights of (2000 * T1 + 1000 * T2 + 500 * T3 + 250 * ANGST) / (100 + Morality) - 2T
Actions 21-24 are always triggered if the Chosen did the corresponding Distortion action in the battle before (or Truce) because these actions set all other Action Weights to 0.

Any necessary tier breaks for the Chosen to do action 4-20 are checked, and the associated Action Weight is set to 0 if they haven't had the correct break yet. For example, if a Chosen has not had the T2 Morality Break, their Action Weight for Action 9 is set to 0, indicating they don't want to do that action on their own.
Then:
This weight is modified by the desires of the other Chosen to also do that action. The code looks at each Chosen, and adds weights based on what the other Chosen want to do and how much their opinion matters to the Chosen it's examining. What formulas are used here?
It gets a fancy number N = (1 + Innocence / 200), to add extra weight to what the selected Chosen wants to do.
It multiplies N * the Action Weight and stores this number.
Then it looks up how much each other Chosen wants to do this action, adds that, and multiplies that by N * the Action Weight.
Then it multiplies by the standard relationship factor: from .5 for Bitter Enemies, up to 1.5 for Unbreakable Friendship.
Then something interesting happens:
If the two Chosen want to resolve the same kind of Trauma, this number is just added to the weight. But if they want to resolve different kinds of Trauma, then the added weight is divided by 10.

But wait, there's more--there's a divisor for Chosen of different ANGST. This added weight is also multiplied by the quotient: smaller ANGST / larger ANGST for the two Chosen being examined. Basically, the one with more ANGST gets a bigger say in what happens.

Finally, this calculated value is added to the Action Weight. Each Chosen picks its highest Action Weight, and if two or three of them have their highest as the same action, they'll do it together, even if that would resolve less ANGST overall than doing separate actions. When this action is not the most EE that you could get out of a chosen, you see the message "Greater sins imminent."

Also, I'm not 100% sure I have all of this correct.
Phew!

So how can we make all of that practical, since we probably don't write down everyone's Morality and Innocence at the start of each loop on the first attack?

If you've got a Chosen that's not generating their top tier EE (Greater sins imminent, GSI), and they're instead doing lower-tier activities with another Chosen, you have options, and those options will depend a lot on your setup.

Look at the one marked GSI. What trauma is she relieving? In most cases, she'll also be the one with the highest ANGST and she'll be relieving the Trauma that she has the most of, but with a lower tier action. If this is the case, here are some options for you:

The best option, when it's available, is to break that same vulnerability on the Chosen that doesn't have it broken yet. For example, if you've got a Chosen with a T2 INN break and enough stats to get 5EE, but she's instead doing action 6 with another Chosen and only generating 2EE, unlocking Action 10 on the other Chosen will get you there, essentially guaranteed, and the other Chosen may even be able to do it without meeting all the Trauma/ANGST requirements for it.

If that's not available for you, making the less broken Forsaken prefer to relieve a different trauma will reduce that added weight by a factor of 10--making it very likely that now she'll switch off of the action she was doing with the more damaged Forsaken.

You can get smaller reductions if you can find a break that damages the relationship-- but at low corruption these changes will be small.

What if the Chosen marked GSI is doing something other than the Trauma she has the most of? Make sure she's done the correct break for the Trauma that she has enough of.

Hope this helps, and I hope it isn't too wrong.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
You know, in hindsight it makes sense that the trauma resolution activities want to focus on the vulnerability with the most unresolved trauma, but it never occurred to me that a possible solution if raising the lower break Chosen to the same break isn't possible would be to just raise another trauma higher without needing a break.

Though even if this isn't 100% right it is the best information we've gotten on this subject and it at least seems right based on what I've seen of downtime activities. Cause now that I actually have that in front of me to look at it definitely explains some of the weirder behavior for downtime activities I've seen.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
W
OK, so I've been looking at this in the code, and here's what I know.

First it figures up the new Traumas and ANGST.

For downtime, CS makes a 3x25 array (per Chosen and per possible Action), and does a calculation of each Chosen's ANGST.

It calculates a weight for each value. It's an array so it starts at 0.

Here are the actions:

Of course, in Campaign Mode, all of these are modified by the Trauma Resolution Speed, as well as the numbers being subtracted in the thresholds below.

Notice each of actions 1-20 reduce 1-3 Traumas by an amount. Call them, for each action, T1, T2, T3 in order from greatest to least.

Here's how the chosen pick an action individually:

Then:
This weight is modified by the desires of the other Chosen to also do that action. The code looks at each Chosen, and adds weights based on what the other Chosen want to do and how much their opinion matters to the Chosen it's examining. What formulas are used here?

Phew!

So how can we make all of that practical, since we probably don't write down everyone's Morality and Innocence at the start of each loop on the first attack?

If you've got a Chosen that's not generating their top tier EE (Greater sins imminent, GSI), and they're instead doing lower-tier activities with another Chosen, you have options, and those options will depend a lot on your setup.

Look at the one marked GSI. What trauma is she relieving? In most cases, she'll also be the one with the highest ANGST and she'll be relieving the Trauma that she has the most of, but with a lower tier action. If this is the case, here are some options for you:

The best option, when it's available, is to break that same vulnerability on the Chosen that doesn't have it broken yet. For example, if you've got a Chosen with a T2 INN break and enough stats to get 5EE, but she's instead doing action 6 with another Chosen and only generating 2EE, unlocking Action 10 on the other Chosen will get you there, essentially guaranteed, and the other Chosen may even be able to do it without meeting all the Trauma/ANGST requirements for it.

If that's not available for you, making the less broken Forsaken prefer to relieve a different trauma will reduce that added weight by a factor of 10--making it very likely that now she'll switch off of the action she was doing with the more damaged Forsaken.

You can get smaller reductions if you can find a break that damages the relationship-- but at low corruption these changes will be small.

What if the Chosen marked GSI is doing something other than the Trauma she has the most of? Make sure she's done the correct break for the Trauma that she has enough of.

Hope this helps, and I hope it isn't too wrong.
Capture.png

Capture2.png
Capture3.png
So I am still confused as to what caused this. Does this mean in the first screenshot the weight value of Action 7 exceeded all others for all three of the chosen?

- Have all the correct breaks
- Have enough angst for +5 action
- Have the most trauma for that break related action
-Were generating +5 energy on previous days
- Can generate +5 energy too if I just play the day only a little bit differently

This is one of the reason I don't like pre-broken chosen. Apart from the lost energy, I also have to choose different distortion for each which makes this too common for me. I have to sometimes reduce the damage I have dealt (Like if you look at Cheer in the screenshot) in order to get +5 energy.
Anyways thanks for the analysis.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
W

View attachment 3247000

View attachment 3247019
View attachment 3247020
So I am still confused as to what caused this. Does this mean in the first screenshot the weight value of Action 7 exceeded all others for all three of the chosen?

- Have all the correct breaks
- Have enough angst for +5 action
- Have the most trauma for that break related action
-Were generating +5 energy on previous days
- Can generate +5 energy too if I just play the day only a little bit differently

This is one of the reason I don't like pre-broken chosen. Apart from the lost energy, I also have to choose different distortion for each which makes this too common for me. I have to sometimes reduce the damage I have dealt (Like if you look at Cheer in the screenshot) in order to get +5 energy.
Anyways thanks for the analysis.
I agree that in campaign mode, pre-broken Chosen add a wrinkle that I'd prefer not to deal with. I absolutely hate when I can't get whatever Distortion I want to round out my Forsaken, and the problem becomes really acute if you're following alternative exits as I do. At this point, to ensure progress and not getting "stuck", I do make significant use of the character creator to make sure that certain Chosen I need do not show up pre-broken in ways that interfere with team-building. Otherwise I'd need to go through every loop to make sure I get at least some key Forsaken that I need for specific fights. Some examples:

I need a Prayer in Loop 1 to begin building Forsaken that are worth something right away, without pre-broken DIG.

I need the Superior Chosen in Loop 3 to be amenable to a Temptation Distortion for Loop 5. (needed for damage to EXPO/PLEA). She may or may not be hardcoded to come without breaks, but I make one to be sure.

I need one of either the Loop 5 or Loop 7 Undead to be friendly to an Orgy Distortion. (needed for damage to HATE)

I'd prefer if I could make a good Punisher out of the other Loop 5/Loop 7 Undead to start building truly top-tier Undead/Animalistic Chosen. I need the Punishers that boost Circumstance damage before I can build a true Forsaken roster. The best of these can be defeated with a Negotiation Distortion, but an Orgy Distortion will also work (they can't have pre-broken DIG or they come out too weak).

-------------------

On to your situation, as I understand it:

So what's going on here is that yes, they want to resolve PAIN enough that that's the Trauma that has the highest weight, and I suspect Eri/Cheer doesn't have T2 CON broken, but does have T2 INN broken. Do I have that right?

If you don't want to break Cheer's T2 CON because you're aiming for a Distortion, you can keep her weight high for Action 10 by keeping her PAIN lower (as you said, "doing less damage") or significantly raising her DISG without raising her PAIN very much. Are you going for a Negotiation Distortion on her? That would make it difficult since the only allowed Defiler that significantly raises DISG (Force Orgasm) also raises PAIN quite a bit. My guess from the visible Trauma is that you're going for Tempted instead, which means that Broadcast is a safe Defiler to use--it does the least damage to PAIN.

Another possibility would be getting one of the other two Chosen to prefer something other than PAIN. Paladin looks like she's only got about 12M more PAIN than DISG. If you get her DISG higher than her PAIN, assuming that she's got a T2 break there, she'll switch over to doing Action 10 with Cheer and you'll be getting +5EE from all 3.

Hope this helps.

TheFakeOne23

Feb 9, 2020
I´ve noticed that some portrait packs here have additional emotions and even numbered versions of the same emotion, so I´m wondering what the requitements and possibileties are for self made portraits. Could anyone explain and/or list what can, and what can´t be used?

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I´ve noticed that some portrait packs here have additional emotions and even numbered versions of the same emotion, so I´m wondering what the requitements and possibileties are for self made portraits. Could anyone explain and/or list what can, and what can´t be used?
i’ll do my best to explain, but if you could provide a bit more examples of what you’re talking in terms of numbered versions and such i can help out more

but the gist of it is there are 9 emotions a chosen have ( lewd, sadness, focus, anger, joy, neutral, struggle, fear, and swoon) and the images are named as such in the folder

chosen have different forms such as when they’re not transformed (civilian) when they’ve turned into forsaken (forsaken) when they’re male or an animalistic chosen

those are all subfolders that the game will recognize and change to accordingly

all those subfolders should have 9 images named exactly like the 9 emotions i’ve explained before in order to show up in the game

ask away if you have any other questions!

TheFakeOne23

Feb 9, 2020
The pack that brought it up was petardo8´s "superior silence" pack on page 222, but i´ve seen others differ from the 9 emotion baseline too, which is why I thought it was worth asking to see if there were some additional rules I wasn´t aware of.

Reactions: Kalloi

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
I agree that in campaign mode, pre-broken Chosen add a wrinkle that I'd prefer not to deal with. I absolutely hate when I can't get whatever Distortion I want to round out my Forsaken, and the problem becomes really acute if you're following alternative exits as I do. At this point, to ensure progress and not getting "stuck", I do make significant use of the character creator to make sure that certain Chosen I need do not show up pre-broken in ways that interfere with team-building. Otherwise I'd need to go through every loop to make sure I get at least some key Forsaken that I need for specific fights. Some examples:

I need a Prayer in Loop 1 to begin building Forsaken that are worth something right away, without pre-broken DIG.

I need the Superior Chosen in Loop 3 to be amenable to a Temptation Distortion for Loop 5. (needed for damage to EXPO/PLEA). She may or may not be hardcoded to come without breaks, but I make one to be sure.

I need one of either the Loop 5 or Loop 7 Undead to be friendly to an Orgy Distortion. (needed for damage to HATE)

I'd prefer if I could make a good Punisher out of the other Loop 5/Loop 7 Undead to start building truly top-tier Undead/Animalistic Chosen. I need the Punishers that boost Circumstance damage before I can build a true Forsaken roster. The best of these can be defeated with a Negotiation Distortion, but an Orgy Distortion will also work (they can't have pre-broken DIG or they come out too weak).

-------------------

On to your situation, as I understand it:

So what's going on here is that yes, they want to resolve PAIN enough that that's the Trauma that has the highest weight, and I suspect Eri/Cheer doesn't have T2 CON broken, but does have T2 INN broken. Do I have that right?

If you don't want to break Cheer's T2 CON because you're aiming for a Distortion, you can keep her weight high for Action 10 by keeping her PAIN lower (as you said, "doing less damage") or significantly raising her DISG without raising her PAIN very much. Are you going for a Negotiation Distortion on her? That would make it difficult since the only allowed Defiler that significantly raises DISG (Force Orgasm) also raises PAIN quite a bit. My guess from the visible Trauma is that you're going for Tempted instead, which means that Broadcast is a safe Defiler to use--it does the least damage to PAIN.

Another possibility would be getting one of the other two Chosen to prefer something other than PAIN. Paladin looks like she's only got about 12M more PAIN than DISG. If you get her DISG higher than her PAIN, assuming that she's got a T2 break there, she'll switch over to doing Action 10 with Cheer and you'll be getting +5EE from all 3.

Hope this helps.
So I don't know if this still works or helps but you can try setting different forsaken as bait, since that may change the personality of the third chosen which will appear( Third chosen is the one who will have a relationship with your forsaken and different personality forsaken have different relations I think).

Well I was already done with that loop, just wanted to share the imminent sin thing since I think that needs more fixing. Usually I just try the day differently when I have this problem (Happens way too often)
It was just weird that Triumph and Paladin were doing t2 pain resolving action and Cheer was doing t2 disg resolving one but after I trigger the Dignity break on Cheer and deal some damage they all somehow decided on t1 pain resolving action. You can check the break on the right of the screenshots btw.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
So I don't know if this still works or helps but you can try setting different forsaken as bait, since that may change the personality of the third chosen which will appear( Third chosen is the one who will have a relationship with your forsaken and different personality forsaken have different relations I think).

Well I was already done with that loop, just wanted to share the imminent sin thing since I think that needs more fixing. Usually I just try the day differently when I have this problem (Happens way too often)
It was just weird that Triumph and Paladin were doing t2 pain resolving action and Cheer was doing t2 disg resolving one but after I trigger the Dignity break on Cheer and deal some damage they all somehow decided on t1 pain resolving action. You can check the break on the right of the screenshots btw.
Bait doesn't have any effect on what Chosen spawn in, it just makes the Bait Forsaken gain a relationship with the baited Chosen. You can easily test this by not having a Bait Forsaken and starting a loop and seeing all 3 Chosen, then reloading back to before you picked your city and setting a Bait Forsaken and seeing all 3 Chosen again, they'll be the same Chosen both times.

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Bait doesn't have any effect on what Chosen spawn in, it just makes the Bait Forsaken gain a relationship with the baited Chosen. You can easily test this by not having a Bait Forsaken and starting a loop and seeing all 3 Chosen, then reloading back to before you picked your city and setting a Bait Forsaken and seeing all 3 Chosen again, they'll be the same Chosen both times.
Like I said not sure if it still works or maybe I am rememberimg wrong?

Chosen will be the same but you used to be able to change who will be the Species chosen before. In other words the "sequence of showing up" will change , so if it still works you should be able to change which of the chosen will have a species not the chosen themselves by changing baits as both species chosen and the relationship chosen arrive the last in a loop.

petardo8

Apr 10, 2019
The pack that brought it up was petardo8´s "superior silence" pack on page 222, but i´ve seen others differ from the 9 emotion baseline too, which is why I thought it was worth asking to see if there were some additional rules I wasn´t aware of.
If I like multiple expressions or I think some discarded ones were good enough I place them in the folder anyways so people can use them if they prefer them . Those are the ones that have a number on their name.

You also made me realize that afraid2 and afraid1 are swapped on the superior folder, I've fixed it on the original post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalloi

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Oh, then besides Petardo's extra expressions I do know CSDEV had an addition where "smug" and "used" could be added to a chosen's forsaken pack, I'll quote the details of it for you from a previous update (R37)

" Other: When portraits titled "smug" or "used" are in a Forsaken's folder, she will now use those portraits in place of "joy" and "lewd" respectively."

Other than that there's no extra rules for you need to consider if you're making your own pack or portrait!

GenericName#647383

Aug 10, 2020
Is it meant to be impossible to have three chosen on distortion's and be unable to have them finish as friend's?

I tried breaking all 4 minor vulnerabilities then distorting the core one, I tried distorting the minor abilities then breaking the core vulnerabilities and I tried distorting the minor vulnerability then distorting the core one but each time it drove them to become enemies.

On a side note would it be possible to add a future teammate relationship which guarantee's that the chosen that have it will appear in the same run when their is a run they could both appear in? So that when I make a team of custom superior chosen they don't appear one by one.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
On a side note would it be possible to add a future teammate relationship which guarantee's that the chosen that have it will appear in the same run when their is a run they could both appear in? So that when I make a team of custom superior chosen they don't appear one by one.
Yeah honestly this is one thing I hate about setting relationships, they force the Chosen not to be together. Like, I get it'd be a lot of work to do since it'd mean rewriting a bunch of scenes to account for it, but it is kinda disappointing that you cant say, have a pair of sisters on the Chosen team that you can corrupt together and stuff like that.

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
1704909508571.png

I am unable to increase the MOR of two of them despite a concentrated effort. Fear always overrides Hate I think.

1704911154277.png

I get such results...

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 52 Votes