mrgubby

Nov 16, 2020
Is there a decent strategy for farming the t4 breaks? I'm getting 80% increases across the board per day, I feel like I could be doing better

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctor Shark

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Is there a decent strategy for farming the t4 breaks? I'm getting 80% increases across the board per day, I feel like I could be doing better
A few things to keep in mind about T4 farming:
  • % gained is based on Circumstance ranks when they use their T3 adaptation.
  • Circumstance gained is always enough to get them to the next rank.
    • If they're at 1001 Circumstance, they'll gain 999. If they're at 999, they'll only gain 1.
  • Fantasize, the PLEA adaptation, is capped at 4 uses per battle and heavily reduces trauma damage taken, which makes getting long openings harder.
  • A Chosen won't use the same adaptation back to back but can use two different ones in a row.
All that together, just try not to let the Chosen sit and do their moves until you've built up a lot of Circumstance ranks on them.

Normally I use an X/3 commander and Capture Chosen 1 and then Chosen 2. Once Chosen 1 breaks free, they should be above 1k Circ in their t3 vulnerability so next turn they'll use their adaptation and jump to 10k. Immediately* (you can sometimes wait a turn because of the "no back to back rule" but if they heal you'll need to retry) surround them and throw them into a Defiler action. Go back to working on Chosen 2 and then Chosen 3 and do the same thing of letting them use one adaptation to get to 10k and then throwing them into a Defiler or Defiler+. Maybe even an Orgy at some point. You should be able to get ~20 turn surrounds after the second capture and be close to done with extermination and evacuation. Capture one Chosen and do whatever while the other two do their adaptations. Before that Chosen gets free, grab another, and do the same thing with the last one. You should be able to get pretty high % gains that way.

For CON you just have to make an upgraded commander with lots of captures and a decent amount of turns to get initial INJU high. I'll defer more strategy on this one to someone else because I try to wait for Completion and hit all four circumstances to that I don't hit diminishing returns from unbalanced Circumstance levels but better players just focus INJU I think and they can explain how that works better than I can.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
I view this differently from others here in that I always divide this into two parts. The Chosen use Self-Destruct ONLY when Captured, and they use the other three moves ONLY when free. So I divide this phase of the Loop into those two parts and treat them separately. You can do them in either order, but I like to raise Self-Destruct first.

1) Raising Self-Destruct is all about maximizing damage to INJU with your 3 captures. In Loop 1 I use a Commander with INJU punisher, 6 Duration, maximum captures (3 or 5 depending on your upgrades, but if you don't have 5 make that a priority). Cost is 44EE, so you should be getting +15EE vs each Chosen to utilize this. This Commander concentrates on a single Chosen, the one you ambush at the beginning. Capture her. When a second Chosen comes in, do not Capture that one but instead get her to 2 openings (3 surround actions with Networked Consciousness) using standard attacks. Hit her with Pummel and Humiliate. When the first Chosen is free, Surround her (not Capture) and Grind, Caress, Humiliate. Specific order of these actions depends on when the second Chosen comes in, but it's fine to not be 100% optimal here. After the first Chosen is free from the Surround action, Use your second Capture on her. She'll stay captured for 1 turn and then break free. When she does, immediately use your third (and final) Capture on her.

This will total at least (90 + 120 + 150)% Punisher Effectiveness for INJU, and often more than this, meaning you don't have to repeat this process too often to get to 1000% for a Chosen.

2) Raising the other three Punisher Effectiveness is all about long amounts of time that Chosen aren't being surrounded and have high levels of Circumstance damage. This is, I feel, best achieved with a standard Commander (no Punishers, Defilers, or Suppressors), 6 Duration, 3 Captures (or 5 Captures only if you can also take Flight), costing 14EE (or 54EE with 5 Captures and Flight). Your goal is to setup a quick, short Orgy before Extermination is achieved. I like to look carefully at my info screen and set things up in the following way:

a) No Chosen comes in on Turn 7, the turn that the first Chosen is released
b) No two Chosen come in on directly adjacent turns

This isn't always possible depending on how your Friendships/Enemies have developed but it's ideal if you can have both of these things true. Anyway, you set up an Orgy with this Commander by Capturing first (Ambush on), Surrounding, using standard tactics and never letting any Chosen free to do their T3 moves. When the Orgy is done, most likely, Extermination is complete, but you still have another turn because of Vengeful Reconstitution.

In that turn, Surround whichever Chosen has the most openings and start doing one of your Defilers against them. The others will use their T3 tactics but you should have quite a few Surround turns. And once you've Surrounded one, you'll have even more turns against the others because their FEAR will now be adding to their openings. During this stage of the battle, though, you should only have one at a time Surrounded so that both the other Chosen are free to do their T3 moves. The exception is that when you are down to "Escaping next turn" you should capture one of the other Chosen and again open with a Defiler. Repeat on the third Chosen once the second Chosen is "Escaping next turn".

Your goal is to draw out this phase of the fight as long as possible. If you brought a 5-capture Commander with Flight you can Capture them again when they're Flying once you've done all 3 Surrounds, but if not it's okay, you'll only lose a bit of effectiveness. This method easily nets increases of over 100% across the board to every PE except INJU.

Whichever you start with, once you get to 1000% PE , send out the Commander with the proper Punisher equipped and get those breaks! If you've been effective with Orgy before it's likely that once you get your first T4 break you're gaining +50EE from that Chosen and you can try out different combinations of extremely powerful Commanders (hitting all 4 Circumstances) when you have enough extra EE to do so. This phase of the game takes a bit longer than the T2 and T3 breaks, I find.

deviantartaaa

Sep 21, 2019
I mostly just focused on going for most time capturing the girls, getting as big capture openings as possible on the start of battle then when the extermination runs out capture them one by one so they do their actions as many times as possible

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Any thoughts on having a fixed item for Loop 1 of campaign? Maybe Unicorn Lard or if Inferno Pepper was buffed to give 2x (Items Owned) EE whenever you summon a Commander? The way it's set up now where you can pick any one of the eight items but there is one choice that's far superior and one that's way inferior seems like an odd design decision.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Any thoughts on having a fixed item for Loop 1 of campaign? Maybe Unicorn Lard or if Inferno Pepper was buffed to give 2x (Items Owned) EE whenever you summon a Commander? The way it's set up now where you can pick any one of the eight items but there is one choice that's far superior and one that's way inferior seems like an odd design decision.
I think it's fine for the items to have different power levels, and I think that Tomorrow's Newspaper is the most complicated item (for players who don't know the game) and for it therefore to have significant upside. If I were trying to design something like it from scratch that's a bit better balanced it would be something like:

Tomorrow's Newspaper: You may spend 3EE to summon a 4-turn 2-Capture Commander with no other special abilities. All Upgrade purchases increasing either maximum Duration or maximum Captures cost 1EE instead of their usual cost.

This item would still be really good for early Loops but would fall off in usefulness once cheap Forsaken are available.

Inferno Pepper: When sending out a Commander, gain x EE, where x is the lower value between the cost of the Commander or double your number of items.

I still wouldn't take it personally but it's at least feasible and opens up different options for Commander-based play.

Unicorn Lard: Whenever a day goes by with no battle taking place, gain Evil Energy equal to the number of items owned, and (if some Chosen haven't appeared yet) guarantee that a new Chosen will arrive the next day. While this item is owned, an option to move to the next day without fighting will always be present. On days with combat where no Defiler action was used, gain an additional 1EE during Downtime.

Now it's free EE to help you get set up at the beginning of Loops, and summon Chosen early during earlier Loops (in later loops they appear so fast that this feature isn't needed). And with these changes all of these are good starting items, as in, they give you a boost in earlier Loops that is gradually succeeded by the tools you develop in later Loops.

totallyanalt

May 10, 2019
screengrab from my current game to check my understanding here
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So the x2 on Pain is because she's at INJU lvl 1, and that injury is also multiplying overall circumstance damage. Rogue's 2 EXPO is also adding an x4 multiplier to everything (because lewd, I guess?), and because FEAR/DISG and PAIN are above 100, they're halving incoming damage to the corresponding circumstance, right? So what does the 1/2 Highest Circ modifier mean?

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
screengrab from my current game to check my understanding here
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So the x2 on Pain is because she's at INJU lvl 1, and that injury is also multiplying overall circumstance damage. Rogue's 2 EXPO is also adding an x4 multiplier to everything (because lewd, I guess?), and because FEAR/DISG and PAIN are above 100, they're halving incoming damage to the corresponding circumstance, right? So what does the 1/2 Highest Circ modifier mean?
The "highest Circ" multiplier is equal to (1/2)^C, where C is the highest level among Circumstances. Stalwart's highest level among Circumstances is 1, so it's equal to (1/2)^1 = 1/2. If you were to look at Zenith, her multiplier will be (1/2)^2 = 1/4 since she has at least one at level 2, and Rogue will have a highest Circ multiplier of (1/2)^4 = 1/16.

MorpheusTheus

May 11, 2024
Is there a guide somewhere that beaks down the basic mechanics? I'm finding this all to be somewhat impenetrable, and I haven't found anything that explains what the information the game provides actually means. There is an included guide, but it's written like it assumes a degree of knowledge I simply don't have.

deviantartaaa

Sep 21, 2019
Is there a guide somewhere that beaks down the basic mechanics? I'm finding this all to be somewhat impenetrable, and I haven't found anything that explains what the information the game provides actually means. There is an included guide, but it's written like it assumes a degree of knowledge I simply don't have.
There is one in the game files, I think it's called guide or something like that (a .txt file)

totallyanalt

May 10, 2019
Okay, so off of my own, incomplete, understanding

PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Ensure enough chosen are killed or corrupted at day 50, so they don't kill you. I don't know if the game ever tells you you have 50 days or not, but I don't think so.

You set them up for this by inflicting Breaks to their Vulnerabilities over the course of the game.

Every chosen has 4 pairs of attributes, the Vulnerabilities listed in their profile when you examine them. The four pairs (and their associated attributes) are
Morality (Fear and Hate)
Innocence (Disgust and Pleasure)
Confidence (Pain and Injury)
Dignity (Shame and Exposure)

For each of these, the first attribute of a pair is their Trauma, and the second is Circumstance

At the start, every chosen will have 100-ish points divided between the Trauma/Circumstance pairs of each Vulnerability (ie, 40 Fear, 60 Hate in Morality). This is how much damage they'll take, at base value, from your actions in battle.

Initially, you'll only be able to inflict Trauma on them via combat actions (Threaten for fear, slime for disgust, attack for pain, taunt for shame). At certain thresholds (100 - 1,000 - 10,000 etc) of damage to these attributes you open up a Weakness. If you open enough weaknesses during a fight you can then use the Surround actions and start damaging their Circumstances. Once circumstances reach certain thresholds (1,000 - 10,000 - 100,000 etc) you can achieve those Breaks mentioned above.

After Battles, each chosen will try to deal with the Trauma you've inflicted on them by various coping mechanisms. If they can't resolve all of it, they'll start turning to unhealthy coping strategies that will feed you Evil Energy (EE), which is what you use to buy upgrades. As unresolved Trauma builds up and you start inflicting Breaks, they turn to more and more extreme methods which will generate even more EE for you. Then you spend that EE on upgrades so you can inflict larger amounts of Trauma and Circumstance in a given fight, which results in more Breaks, which creates more EE and so it goes in a nice virtuous cycle.

There's some nuances to the system, Shame Trauma won't inflict a weakness unless another Trauma is already inflicting a weakness. Fear also won't inflict a weakness unless another chosen is being hit with Surrounded actions. Vulnerability Breaks seem to also increase the damage a chosen takes. At each level of Hate and Injury, you get a bonus to inflicting more circumstance damage, and at each level all circumstances buff how much damage a chosen takes from the matching Trauma. The highest level of Humiliate on the field between all chosen also gives a buff to inflicting circumstance damage to all chosen.

Chosen also seem to rate certain Vulneabilities as more or less important, but I honestly don't know what the means other than marking which Circumstances are harder or easier to raise.

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm working on one that may be helpful. Currently it only goes through Day 4. Be sure to download the included saves.sav file or the instructions won't make sense/won't work correctly.

(updated R53)

By loading the game and using the text file as an old GameFAQs step-by-step walkthrough with explanations for each button press, you should be able to learn something about:
The game interface
Traumas
Circumstances
Angst
Demon attacks
Thrall attacks
Evacuation and Extermination
Downtime and Evil Energy
HATEred
Maybe a little about multipliers?

Last edited:

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Fruit Smoothie and Anyone 9999 helped me a while back when i asked the same question.Fruit smoothy especially is usefull since he has 1 whole loop on a post.Just use the search bar and youll be golden.Other than that the most "difficult" thing is learning what each stat does and how each stat interacts with each other(the text file/s in the game folder help but it must be suplemented with your own testing) and finally,the most important thing is getting the hang of using the 5EE commander.After you master your Loop 1s everything else is up to you.

Reactions: Kalloi

totallyanalt

May 10, 2019
Okay, first game completed (on classic) and I managed to nab two Forsaken, one with Megalomania and the other by resolve. Can i bring them into the campaign, or are they limited to other single scenario games?

Reactions: Kalloi

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, first game completed (on classic) and I managed to nab two Forsaken, one with Megalomania and the other by resolve. Can i bring them into the campaign, or are they limited to other single scenario games?
Chosen defeated in a Scenario are only for that Scenario. The gameplay loop where you make them into Forsaken to help you fight more Chosen only makes sense in a Campaign. You probably learned quite a bit from the experience, though! Try to get all 3 next time.

Last edited:

Vrkkvkrvkkv

Feb 11, 2023
I'm working on one that may be helpful. Currently it only goes through Day 4. Be sure to download the included saves.sav file or the instructions won't make sense/won't work correctly.

(updated R53)

By loading the game and using the text file as an old GameFAQs step-by-step walkthrough with explanations for each button press, you should be able to learn something about:
The game interface
Traumas
Circumstances
Angst
Demon attacks
Thrall attacks
Evacuation and Extermination
Downtime and Evil Energy
HATEred
Maybe a little about multipliers?

hey sorry the save it says to download says its locked behind a key

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
hey sorry the save it says to download says its locked behind a key
Really?

Edit: I just tried it in an incognito browser window and it worked for me.

Edit Edit: Yes, I see somehow the short link got saved instead of the long one in the wiki. All fixed!

Last edited:

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Really? Can someone confirm whether this is locked? It should be set to "anyone with the link".

Edit: I just tried it in an incognito browser window and it worked for me.
Just tested it the link to your save on here works just fine but trying to access the link from the wiki asks for decryption it seems

Edit: Mostly a quick aside but skimming over your guide I just want to say excellent work on it so far! Such a thorough review of the actions while also instilling in new players what their short goals should look like, Keep up the great work! :D

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 52 Votes