theirl

Jul 25, 2018
Yea the reduced days is honestly awful for me as well the worst I got was day 42 and I just barely won that one lol.

Superiors are really hard to break and the most stable strategy I found is to break the weaker basic chosen and use them as a doorway to finally working on the superior chosen. I still try to at least build up angst on them though so if I get a proper opportunity to go after them the damage will actually be decent.

The main advice I can give after that is to focus on either minor or significant vulnerabilites on the superiors unless you have some properly trained forsaken and a decent plan on how to break them

I'm sorry this is not in-depth practical advice but I still hope its helpful! :D
i won only god 47 days of pure suffering didnt managed to get the 3 but managed to get the superior chosen ,didnt manage to temp TT, i used the superior's minor to start an orgy, after that she broke t1, after t1 it was really easy... btw 4º city is getting crazy 33 days to clear or 2 superior chosen and 44 days is crazy.... now i understand why the dev said that if u managed to get to 5º city u should be proud

Reactions: Kalloi

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
i won only god 47 days of pure suffering didnt managed to get the 3 but managed to get the superior chosen ,didnt manage to temp TT, i used the superior's minor to start an orgy, after that she broke t1, after t1 it was really easy... btw 4º city is getting crazy 33 days to clear or 2 superior chosen and 44 days is crazy.... now i understand why the dev said that if u managed to get to 5º city u should be proud
oh congratz on corrupting the superior chosen! If she's on the lower end to deploy and you train her to the high percentage combat styles she'll be well worth the trouble in my opinion. :D
And jesus I never saw 33 days before I would absolutely take the two superior chosen, even if they are no joke, less days means less time to plan for a breakthrough or even a gamble. I've gotten to loop 6 with my first campaign run and I think I just got lucky with one or two of those loops since I never encountered a day 33 city and the only time I got two superiors at once was loop 6 itself

Either way I hope you reach past loop 5 and beyond, I'm curious to see how insane it can really get lol

Reactions: theirl

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Also InfiniteSquares I commented on CSDev's suscribestar post about the portrait system bugs we each encountered and they said it will be fixed in the next update so you don't have to worry that it wasn't going to be noticed in time!
Ty and theirl for your comments about the issues as they were pretty detailed so I was able to just quote your posts for the bug report! :D

theirl

Jul 25, 2018
oh congratz on corrupting the superior chosen! If she's on the lower end to deploy and you train her to the high percentage combat styles she'll be well worth the trouble in my opinion. :D
And jesus I never saw 33 days before I would absolutely take the two superior chosen, even if they are no joke, less days means less time to plan for a breakthrough or even a gamble. I've gotten to loop 6 with my first campaign run and I think I just got lucky with one or two of those loops since I never encountered a day 33 city and the only time I got two superiors at once was loop 6 itself

Either way I hope you reach past loop 5 and beyond, I'm curious to see how insane it can really get lol
well i go back to 3º city and tried to win with temp

3º city temp try hard .png
the stats before the T day
i did it.png
temp messange.png
sucess...

well this diferent temp is really good to get a perfect win cause u can just let the target for last and insta defeat the target when she finally escape... lesson learned in this run is that i will never break con t2 if not a core anymore its really annoying the chain detonating when u just want to delay to break others t4

• Red Heart

Jay12146

Dec 3, 2017
Finally finished my first campaign loop and was able to capture all 3 chosen on day 44 (woo!) Huge thanks to the guides written in here previously as I finally realized how powerful commanders can be. Are there any plans to use female thralls in the future for breaking male chosen, or using a male forsaken to break female chosen/vice versa?

• Red Heart

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
I'm thinking about it, and the weirdest thing, though I've barely gotten anywhere, is...how to put it.

You raise shame. Exposure damage is halved on that person.
You raise pain. Injury damage is halved. That's before natural resistance.
Disgust hurting pleasure is one of the only ones that makes some sense.

"That's because you need Weakmes Sense, dummy, for the extra 50% damage!" Even so, you hammer the weakness and are punished for it.

theirl

Jul 25, 2018
I'm thinking about it, and the weirdest thing, though I've barely gotten anywhere, is...how to put it.

You raise shame. Exposure damage is halved on that person.
You raise pain. Injury damage is halved. That's before natural resistance.
Disgust hurting pleasure is one of the only ones that makes some sense.

"That's because you need Weakmes Sense, dummy, for the extra 50% damage!" Even so, you hammer the weakness and are punished for it.
well maybe im wrong but in my experience with the game... one only halves the other when one has more levels than the other... same with circurstancial u need to be aware like u want to hit 10k hate that is a core stat of the chosen but u have 9000 in any other stat, when u surround u shound only use grind cause with one stat is level 2 and the other level 3 there will be a debuff called highest circustance level that will halved your damage.

so in my opnion save when u have a lot of EE go and experiment so u can learn the interactions, ex when all your cirsc level a one level above a the remain circustance will have a x2 multiplier. there is a lot of not so random multipliers that if u take your time to experiment u will be able to learn

• Red Heart

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Wish I could alter the namelists for generated Chosen. I've pretty much always played with non-Japanese teams.
I believe CSDev is working on something that allows for editing of the namelist soon I know at least they are planning on adding the ability to edit the chosen that appears in campaign mode so hopefully you will be able to do this soon! :D

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
Screenshot (2).png Screenshot (2).png

I just don't follow. "Make long surrounds", "hammer the weakness", "target Core Vulnerabilities". Raise one bar to 'surround' and hit the other. Fine. But opening them up makes them resist, before their own resistance and the others buffing such.

Last edited:

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
View attachment 1502832 View attachment 1502832

I just don't follow. "Make long surrounds", "hammer the weakness", "target Core Vulnerabilities". Raise one bar to 'surround' and hit the other. Fine. But opening them up makes them resist, before their own resistance and the others buffing such.
which is why you need to learn about your chosen and plan out what works and doesn't works for them!

If you'd like help you can ask about anything here and someone can help you with your current situation or give advice, but if you don't ask anything we can't really help you too much.

I'm sorry if the game is a bit overwhelming, in fact I can certainly understand the feeling, so if you want to give up on this game I can understand that also.

But if you're willing to give your best then I guarantee you someone here can help you out! :D

From the screenshot you posted it seems like its a blue personality you're dealing with, try to see what you attacks can get her to 100 trauma damage quickest.

If takes three rounds to get her pain to that level see what other trauma can rise faster, if its fear or shame then that's bad since they usually rely on other trauma or situations to come into effect and I'm assuming this is earlier in your run and the other two might have not arrived yet.

If your aim is to raise her INJU up and you want to avoid raising PAIN then instead try for DISG with slime and use that to surround her instead. Or if you want to change things up and Innocence isn't her core you can go for pleasure with a caress instead

From there, test out what gives the most circumstance damage the quickest, if you have psychic reading you can tell right away these kinds of things

Once you figure out those two things you can make a plan based on that. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but if you'd like more help feel free to ask! And I hope your run goes well! :D

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
well i go back to 3º city and tried to win with temp

View attachment 1501857
the stats before the T day
View attachment 1501858
View attachment 1501860
sucess...

well this diferent temp is really good to get a perfect win cause u can just let the target for last and insta defeat the target when she finally escape... lesson learned in this run is that i will never break con t2 if not a core anymore its really annoying the chain detonating when u just want to delay to break others t4
Oh that's exactly how I use it, its benefits far outweigh the trade off being more careful with the team you're going against, and like you said the detonation that comes from t3 confidence break is really annoying at times, however I recently came up with a countermeasure in the form of forsaken, especially low-cost one's.

Since they don't die from detonate or anything like that, only getting a stunned for a couple of turns dependiing on how powerful the detonate is, you can use them to farm detonates for the t4 confidence break.

And one other thing is with the fantasize she can basically reach threshold herself, giving you more time to work on the other chosen.

All in all I try to tempt at least once a loop, and Also the added bonus of tempted chosen being more powerful with PLEA and EXPO is an extremely worthwhile bonus imo

And since you did the tempt on the superior, her additional bonuses will make your later loops far easier than the other save where you didn't tempt

Good job dude! :D

theirl

Jul 25, 2018
Oh that's exactly how I use it, its benefits far outweigh the trade off being more careful with the team you're going against, and like you said the detonation that comes from t3 confidence break is really annoying at times, however I recently came up with a countermeasure in the form of forsaken, especially low-cost one's.

Since they don't die from detonate or anything like that, only getting a stunned for a couple of turns dependiing on how powerful the detonate is, you can use them to farm detonates for the t4 confidence break.

And one other thing is with the fantasize she can basically reach threshold herself, giving you more time to work on the other chosen.

All in all I try to tempt at least once a loop, and Also the added bonus of tempted chosen being more powerful with PLEA and EXPO is an extremely worthwhile bonus imo

And since you did the tempt on the superior, her additional bonuses will make your later loops far easier than the other save where you didn't tempt

Good job dude! :D
man my superior chosen with 10 EE of cost is godlike she like insta broke t2 in day 10
1637097584157.png
1637097649187.png
1637097728849.png

lol she is super strong but when i used her against prophet and calamity she didnt even scrach them

• Red Heart

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
I'm currently making a portrait pack. If have more than one picture for a facial expression, for example named anger1 and anger2, would the game cycle between them? Or will it only use the highest ordered name, disregarding the others that contain "anger" in its file name?
T

It won’t use any of them if it’s numbered from my understanding, I believe it only filters when seeing if a character is a variant species and/or if they are in their civilian form or not. CSDev has a better description of how the system works on their Subscribestar so take a look there as well if my answer wasn’t enough,

I hope your portrait pack comes along well and I’m looking forward to seeing it! :D
Just quoting these to confirm that rizldiz3l is correct.
I've made up another character pack: Helena from Azur Lane. I'm not very happy with some of the image choices, but I took what I got. (There's only about 300 images of her on Gelbooru, but a decent selection of outfits.)

Turning her into a Forsaken makes her use her the art of her META form.

I think it would be interesting to be able to customize Forsaken in depth with equipment and weapons, or at the very least be able to customize their descriptions! Sending them on missions and having them in support roles alongside a Commander during combat would be neat too.

Edit: Raiden Mei from Honkai Impact 3rd. It's the same concept as Helena, using alternate skins to make up Chosen and Forsaken modes.

Scenario with the three of them. In this case, Helena's portrait folder is named 'saint'

Double Edit: How do I submit a bug report? At least one of the Forsaken expressions is not being used (I think Lewd and Neutral) and instead uses the Chosen variant.
Using different skins for a character to differentiate between Chosen/Forsaken/civilian is a clever touch. I like it.

In-depth Forsaken customization is coming. I just wanted to flesh out all the essential gameplay features for Forsaken before spending too much development time on their cosmetics.

Thanks as well for the notification about the bug regarding portraits from the wrong folder being used. It isn't a problem with the portrait pack, it's just a bug in the portrait display code which should be fixed by next version.
Another character pack featuring Prinz Eugen, both of them. The Chosen version uses Kancolle's Prinz Eugen, and the Forsaken version uses Azur Lane's take on the shipgirl.

Does the generator for Chosen team lineups pick characters outside of the default ones?

CSdev, might I suggest that character presets (costumes, weapons, and perhaps personalities) could be externalized into a file, perhaps in the character's portrait folder so that custom team lineups can be made just by picking them alongside the current customization method. Understandably, it's not a very urgent change and it's a great game so far!

I do have to ask if Forsaken in 'civilian' states are meant to use the Chosen versions of their civilian form as well.

This is how Helena looks as a Forsaken under neutral conditions, which is her Chosen-Civilian-Focus image for example:

This is Helena Forsaken-Focus:
View attachment 1496827

Edit: Illustrious from Azur Lane. These portrait packs are fun to make! I also updated the Helena pack too.
Right now, campaign mode only uses completely random Chosen who all use the default names. Adding the ability to make custom sets of Chosen (similar to how .par file exports work for single play mode) which can be used in campaign mode is a pretty high priority.

For one of the Forsaken in civilian form, if there isn't a matching image in the /civilian/forsaken folder, it'll prefer using the one in the /civilian folder over the one in the /forsaken folder. Similarly, if you have a Superior Forsaken civilian, it will prefer to use an image from the /superior folder over the one in the regular /civilian/forsaken folder. If you want her Forsaken civilian form to look like her Forsaken transformed form rather than her regular civilian form, you can copy the images from the base /forsaken folder into the /civilian/forsaken folder as well.
I would like to know if more hardcore fetish would be introduced.
There's more fetish content planned which might be considered hardcore, at least by some people.
*Shambles out of the bushes*

I finished my art pack so here you go everyone!

-3 character designs

-2 different hairstyles and costumes per design

-Each character has Civillian, Forsaken, Superior, and superior forsaken forms. Hairstyle and costume variations included for this

-Some of the designs will have different expressions based on if they're forsaken/ superior/superior forsaken. So a nice reward for people to go about corrupting their chosen!

And this is only the first wave of character designs so yea!
I plan on releasing an updated version once I finish the next three character designs and I already am working on those so I will continue after a short break from drawing because I went hard in the paint with this shit so need a moment to just relax haha. So expect them... maybe towards the end of November? It might be earlier since I managed to finalize a lot of stuff earlier than these first three.

I replaced all the portraits that came with the game with variations of these characters so just unzip the folder and you're good to go! :D
Its only some variety now but as I finish character designs it should get to the point where designs will be tied to one or two names at least that is my hope lol

Oh and with every new wave I plan on adding an additional hairstyle and costume to every existing character design

If you like to the pack feel free to let me know and if you have any design ideas I will be happy to use them since there's a lot of names in the game so a lot of character designs to do haha

Follow up post after this will be some previews as well as more detailed info about my plans for making more character designs!

Oh also I attached a team to this post so if you want see what personality archetype I designed them to be you can try the team out as well! I plan on using this save for a 50-day beginner's guide so people can pick some general tips and strategies and how to plan out short term and long term goals so look forward to that when I get around to it haha

Enjoy! :D

Portrait Pack: Mega

Team File: Mega
Very nice! I particularly like the way that you had the expression for each category vary according to the character's personality and corruption state. Fury's Anger looks appropriately furious while Azure's looks more like righteous indignation. And the Chosen Lewd images mostly look like they're trying to resist, while the Forsaken ones look like they're enjoying themselves. It definitely makes full use of the portrait system's potential.
You may very well be right that I got the name wrong, I tried double checking to get it right but it would make no sense if it was morality since A: that was a significant so I wouldn't have cared and B:The actions isn't tied to it. In case my typing was correct then something was seriously wrong. I now wish I screenshotted the actual break text and not just the stats the turn it happened, but felt like a big image so I didn't do it at the time.

I'm still stunned why it happend because as the image shows, the circumstances arent even close to 1k not to speak about 10k. Yet my first action of Caress on a 6 turn surround gave a confidence break and the screenshot was the post stats after it.
IIRC(its all a blur to me now among the many loads I did to try new results) that was just going for the T0 break on Innocence so It really ruined the entire plan for a completly empty minor T1 break to happen and I cant figure out why

I've played that same save file in maybe 20+ ways. Starting with the different chosen and trying to pick a vulnerability to break, the game just refuses to let me break only the core and seems to always break the minor one before it goes for the core that often happens the turn after. No matter if the Circumstance in the minor is low or high but always below 10k. I did see that actions can potentialy cause 2 different breaks and tried to manipulate the circumstances, the most extreme case was the confidence break I showed.

T0 breaks (1k stat points IE level 2 circumstance) happen predictably when I'm guessing they are about it. It's the T1 that seem to have a life of their own and I can't predict when a wildcards gonna happen.

Good to know.

The 2 might be the more accurate answer I was looking for, the point when the relationships made constant and unchangable. At that point you can go haywire and just break everything.

So just be careful to not move the minor further. Sounds doable.

That was nice to confirm, means its entirely viable to focus on 1 or 2 and pickup the last later once their minors wont cause any issues

Nice and helpful list

Good to know it's possible albeit a slight struggle to get their when someones prebroken.

My only issue are these T1 that come from out of nowhere when neither of the related circumstances is even close to 10k. Otherwise I feel I got a grip on how it works.

Answers were appreciated.
I can give a bit more detailed information about the process the game uses for T1 breaks. Every turn, while surrounded, the subject tries to guess how much damage of each type they can potentially receive before the surround ends, even if you aren't actively damaging them yet. So, if the subject is sitting at only 500 damage, but they know that they'll take 1,000 INJU if you start pummeling, and the surround is going to last 10 more turns, then they'll estimate reaching 10,500 INJU. This is higher than 10k, so they'll want to use the tactics that decrease it (Violence and/or Begging). However, they'll never use a tactic while they aren't being hit by one of the moves countered by the tactic. This means that they'll never start using Violence as long as neither Grind nor Pummel are in progress, and they'll never start using Begging while neither Caress nor Pummel are in progress, regardless of expected INJU damage.
well im not the most competent demon lord i only can win in the 50 day whenever i try a city with less than fifty i get my ass kicked and now this time i have to deal with a superior like it was times 6 circustance damage and i still couldnt get the 1 level break in the core in the 13 day i will try corrupting the normal before tryng to invest in superior...well im always open to advice
Fun fact: under the absolute fastest campaign loop permitted by the code, the interview happens on Day 5, the resort happens on Day 10, the briefing happens on Day 15, and the final battle on Day 20. You'd have to go pretty far into campaign mode to see that happen, though, and I think that the tools to make it that far still haven't been implemented.
Finally finished my first campaign loop and was able to capture all 3 chosen on day 44 (woo!) Huge thanks to the guides written in here previously as I finally realized how powerful commanders can be. Are there any plans to use female thralls in the future for breaking male chosen, or using a male forsaken to break female chosen/vice versa?
Female Thralls do make a couple of appearances already, notably in the Tempt scenes for male Chosen. As for special interactions between Chosen of different genders, there are some planned. Once Forsaken Defilers/Punishers are in, male and futanari Forsaken who use Inseminate, Impregnate, etc. will be using their own equipment to do so.

Arabyss_Farron

Apr 21, 2018
hello do anyone have a guide to play this? along with Forsaken and Superior which i found that the guide doesn't help in this area, maybe i skp some page that have guide so sorry
thanks

Last edited:

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
I have some trouble parsing this message and triggering Silence's Tier 3 dignity break:
Code:
It isn't enough.  Silence is heavily dependent on other people's approval for her sense of self-worth.  The intense shame
she's been forced to feel has driven her to the point of desperation.  The next time she is exposed with some of her allies
surrounded, she'll likely do something extreme in order to take back control of how people see her.
Does it mean she needs to be exposed in battle - have an opening? I notice she's then stripping, negating the allies' expo multiplier.
Should Silence be exposed, e.g. by the humiliation or broadcast action? with one or all allies surrounded? How long? The break doesn't seem to occur. Or do I need to do it with a broadcast commander?

Edit: I've seemed to have it now
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

BerglorMan94

Apr 10, 2021
I have some trouble parsing this message and triggering Silence's Tier 3 dignity break:
Code:
It isn't enough.  Silence is heavily dependent on other people's approval for her sense of self-worth.  The intense shame
she's been forced to feel has driven her to the point of desperation.  The next time she is exposed with some of her allies
surrounded, she'll likely do something extreme in order to take back control of how people see her.
Does it mean she needs to be exposed in battle - have an opening? I notice she's then stripping, negating the allies' expo multiplier.
Should Silence be exposed, e.g. by the humiliation or broadcast action? with one or all allies surrounded? How long? The break doesn't seem to occur. Or do I need to do it with a broadcast commander?

Edit: I've seemed to have it now
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Tier 3 breaks happen when the Chosen use a Tier 3 tactic. These are: Slaughter (Morality), Fantasize (Innocence), Detonate (Confidence), and Striptease (Dignity). So the actual break you got was from them using Striptease.

Reactions: picobyte
3.80 star(s) 52 Votes