Jyusan

Jul 19, 2018
Early game when it comes to generating EE quickly it really does depend on which chosen you start with and who you target, the commander is really really good early as well imo. The more turns the better
And there's no shame in rerolling a new game if you get generated a team of extremely bad Chosen.

My first playthrough I didn't realize how huge a problem it was that I was generated two Chosen with zero dots in Hate, Pleasure, and Injury. Surround was basically worthless against them until like day 35 when the angst finally piled up enough.

Arachnofiend

Jul 22, 2017
Early impressions of the new balance is that the game is indeed a lot harder; having a "designated victim" that you fully corrupt and humiliate so that the other chosen get big EXPO multipliers seems even more essential than it was before. Not a complaint, just an observation.

I don't like how you can't Tempt while Force Orgasm is up, I've been really struggling to get it going at all because of that restriction. Maybe I need to be investing in proper commanders to get the damage I need, idk.

EDIT: Managed to get Tempt and I retract my previous complaint since it seems that Tempt is supposed to be equivalent to a T4 break, so clearly I was just going for it too soon. The 100 EE bonus for doing it is huge too and more than makes up for the difficulty getting there.

Last edited:

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
ok, I've tested 4 runs (1 cheat mode, 3 normal)

the cheat mode was to see exactly the new option, and the normal one to see the new difficulty and how viable was the new corruption path.
Here are some things I think this changed:

1.- Yes, trauma is more difficult to stack, but this is good in late-game because now is easier to avoid the last threshold of the vulnerabilities so the Chosen don't get the extra abilities.

2.- If there are more corruption paths in the future then it makes sense for the new balance to be harder in the trauma department because the new 'paths' basically ignore this and just focus on circumstance.

3.- This 'path', in particular, is really good as it uses EXPO, but is really hard to do when someone has an innocent Core vulnerability (meaning is resistant to PLEA) and that PLEA is really hard to break without breaking anything else, mind you this is acceptable as there is supposed to be more 'paths' with different characteristics.

4.- A problem: if you have more than 1 Chosen with an ongoing path their relationship doesn't advance. I think they should do something like becoming friends or something.

5.- There could be extra ways to enter into extra paths in the next campaign mode, unlocked by doing something there.

Now my questions:

When you get a Chosen into a path what happens to her trauma? (it appears as 0 but does the extra damage stay?)

If you don't mind, what other paths do you have planned?

thanks for the game :D

Arachnofiend

Jul 22, 2017
So uh... is the decimal in the wrong place or does using Tempt in the final battle really require 10x the circumstance that it would take to use it normally? That feels pretty insane with how harsh the time limit is on the final battle, I have no idea how you would actually be able to do that.

tpk

Aug 24, 2018
So uh... is the decimal in the wrong place or does using Tempt in the final battle really require 10x the circumstance that it would take to use it normally? That feels pretty insane with how harsh the time limit is on the final battle, I have no idea how you would actually be able to do that.
pretty sure is intended, especially when it gets reduced each time you temp them

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Let's get this new update posted for the OP.

Link to update 21:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I am always happy to see this game get updated. I won't lie this is one of my favorite uploads :)

Reactions: kcj300

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Could it have to do with their corruption disposition? I didn't notice it until just now. It seems like Heroine 1 has 2/4 [X]s in CON while Heroine 2 has 0/5.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If it is, I think I fucked up this run. How do you even raise these stats?
I wish the guide was more thorough and/or updated.
Weird. I loaded up a 3rd run and 2/3 have level 2 breaks already. I didn't realize that the guide was talking about break levels. I had assumed that first, second, third, and final vulnerabilities referred to their 4 categories.
I couldn't figure out what parts of the thread was outdated info or not. For example, this post implies that 10k should generate 2 EE, which is evidently not the case in the most recent version. (Unless my game is somehow bugged)
Like I'm trying to use this strategy, but as I discussed earlier, the heroine in the screenshot has a shit ton of trauma and angst, but is still only giving one EE. It's day 18 and I'm still making 3 EE a day...

Edit: I'll try the strategy you mentioned.
There are two requirements for sinful downtime actions. The first is a high amount of trauma and angst. The second is broken vulnerabilities (the ones described in steps 6, 8, 9, and 10 of the guide.txt). The X marks in your screenshot represent broken vulnerabilities. Some Chosen start with broken vulnerabilities, so you can just start hitting them with lots of trauma to increase how much EE you're getting every day. But for one of the Chosen without any broken vulnerabilities, no amount of trauma will make them generate more than 1 EE per day.
Is there a way to tell what training action increases which expertise?
It's directly correlated with the corruption parameters raised by that training action. Hostility raises HATE, Deviancy raises PLEA, Obedience raises INJU, and Disgrace raises EXPO. So, each training action raises two expertise types.
Early impressions of the new balance is that the game is indeed a lot harder; having a "designated victim" that you fully corrupt and humiliate so that the other chosen get big EXPO multipliers seems even more essential than it was before. Not a complaint, just an observation.

I don't like how you can't Tempt while Force Orgasm is up, I've been really struggling to get it going at all because of that restriction. Maybe I need to be investing in proper commanders to get the damage I need, idk.

EDIT: Managed to get Tempt and I retract my previous complaint since it seems that Tempt is supposed to be equivalent to a T4 break, so clearly I was just going for it too soon. The 100 EE bonus for doing it is huge too and more than makes up for the difficulty getting there.
Thanks for the feedback. Tempt is indeed balanced around being first used in the mid-to-lategame. A big part of what makes it difficult to achieve is that while you're usually getting T1 and T2 breaks on the Chosen, you're having to step carefully around the one you want to Tempt later.

Regarding the higher difficulty of using it in the final battle, it is indeed intended. Using Tempt once is more like a T3.5 break, since it doesn't necessarily help you much in the final battle until you've worn her resistance down some more. If the target also has some progress on her T3 Innocence break, then a commander with Hypnosis plus a defiler and a suppressor can also make it fairly easy to hit the threshold.
ok, I've tested 4 runs (1 cheat mode, 3 normal)

the cheat mode was to see exactly the new option, and the normal one to see the new difficulty and how viable was the new corruption path.
Here are some things I think this changed:

1.- Yes, trauma is more difficult to stack, but this is good in late-game because now is easier to avoid the last threshold of the vulnerabilities so the Chosen don't get the extra abilities.

2.- If there are more corruption paths in the future then it makes sense for the new balance to be harder in the trauma department because the new 'paths' basically ignore this and just focus on circumstance.

3.- This 'path', in particular, is really good as it uses EXPO, but is really hard to do when someone has an innocent Core vulnerability (meaning is resistant to PLEA) and that PLEA is really hard to break without breaking anything else, mind you this is acceptable as there is supposed to be more 'paths' with different characteristics.

4.- A problem: if you have more than 1 Chosen with an ongoing path their relationship doesn't advance. I think they should do something like becoming friends or something.

5.- There could be extra ways to enter into extra paths in the next campaign mode, unlocked by doing something there.

Now my questions:

When you get a Chosen into a path what happens to her trauma? (it appears as 0 but does the extra damage stay?)

If you don't mind, what other paths do you have planned?

thanks for the game :D
The downtime action after using Tempt doesn't actually set the Chosen's trauma to 0. It removes more trauma than the T3 downtime actions, but it doesn't remove nearly as much as the T4 downtime actions. So, it's entirely possible to progress the Innocence and Dignity breaks while also using Tempt (and in most cases, I'd recommend trying to do so). You just need to be able to reliably deal billions of damage each battle.

The other distortions won't be as circumstance-focused. Each one is based around doing something that the distortion's conditions make especially difficult. So, for example, the one that forbids you from breaking Morality or Innocence will require dealing a bunch of trauma instead.

I agree that the way relationships are affected by distortions is a bit weird right now. The relationships still progress in the same basic way, but the scene you get after distorting a core vulnerability is worth an absurd number of points - equal to the sum of all the vulnerabilities you're not allowed to break for that distortion (including T3 and T4 ones). My original plans included having it progress slowly through the tiers as the game continues (rather than coming all at once), and I might go back to that if it feels better.

I posted the outline for how each distortion will work on my SubscribeStar page. The posts are available to everyone, so can see them without subscribing. The short version is that there are a total of six planned (one for each combination of two vulnerabilities).

Thank you as well for the feedback.
I am always happy to see this game get updated. I won't lie this is one of my favorite uploads :)
I'm glad to hear it!
More than anything, this game needs a video tutorial / playthrough to help newbies like me understand what to do IMO.
I've considered doing an extended tutorial similar to the single-battle tutorial that's already in the game, but I think it wouldn't work as well. The big thing that a day-to-day guide would need to cover would be strategies for managing EE and deciding the order in which to break vulnerabilities. But I worry that those things might not come across any better in video or direct gameplay than they already do in the text walkthroughs that have already been made.

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
There are two requirements for sinful downtime actions. The first is a high amount of trauma and angst. The second is broken vulnerabilities (the ones described in steps 6, 8, 9, and 10 of the guide.txt). The X marks in your screenshot represent broken vulnerabilities. Some Chosen start with broken vulnerabilities, so you can just start hitting them with lots of trauma to increase how much EE you're getting every day. But for one of the Chosen without any broken vulnerabilities, no amount of trauma will make them generate more than 1 EE per day.

It's directly correlated with the corruption parameters raised by that training action. Hostility raises HATE, Deviancy raises PLEA, Obedience raises INJU, and Disgrace raises EXPO. So, each training action raises two expertise types.

Thanks for the feedback. Tempt is indeed balanced around being first used in the mid-to-lategame. A big part of what makes it difficult to achieve is that while you're usually getting T1 and T2 breaks on the Chosen, you're having to step carefully around the one you want to Tempt later.

Regarding the higher difficulty of using it in the final battle, it is indeed intended. Using Tempt once is more like a T3.5 break, since it doesn't necessarily help you much in the final battle until you've worn her resistance down some more. If the target also has some progress on her T3 Innocence break, then a commander with Hypnosis plus a defiler and a suppressor can also make it fairly easy to hit the threshold.

The downtime action after using Tempt doesn't actually set the Chosen's trauma to 0. It removes more trauma than the T3 downtime actions, but it doesn't remove nearly as much as the T4 downtime actions. So, it's entirely possible to progress the Innocence and Dignity breaks while also using Tempt (and in most cases, I'd recommend trying to do so). You just need to be able to reliably deal billions of damage each battle.

The other distortions won't be as circumstance-focused. Each one is based around doing something that the distortion's conditions make especially difficult. So, for example, the one that forbids you from breaking Morality or Innocence will require dealing a bunch of trauma instead.

I agree that the way relationships are affected by distortions is a bit weird right now. The relationships still progress in the same basic way, but the scene you get after distorting a core vulnerability is worth an absurd number of points - equal to the sum of all the vulnerabilities you're not allowed to break for that distortion (including T3 and T4 ones). My original plans included having it progress slowly through the tiers as the game continues (rather than coming all at once), and I might go back to that if it feels better.

I posted the outline for how each distortion will work on my SubscribeStar page. The posts are available to everyone, so can see them without subscribing. The short version is that there are a total of six planned (one for each combination of two vulnerabilities).

Thank you as well for the feedback.

I'm glad to hear it!

I've considered doing an extended tutorial similar to the single-battle tutorial that's already in the game, but I think it wouldn't work as well. The big thing that a day-to-day guide would need to cover would be strategies for managing EE and deciding the order in which to break vulnerabilities. But I worry that those things might not come across any better in video or direct gameplay than they already do in the text walkthroughs that have already been made.
I think another thing that trips me up is the vocabulary. Each term is similar sounding and and has a somewhat similar gameplay effect. I would sorta like a mod that replaces the main currencies with Gold, Wood, Stone, and Food :p

For real though- perhaps a sidebar with all the currencies and stats would be good. This is a RPG right? Then wouldn't it be nice to be able to see the most important stats and numbers laid out conveniently at most times?

cs 2.jpg

Arachnofiend

Jul 22, 2017
If it's a Core Vulnerability, doing trauma damage is easier but doing circumstance is harder (Core Morality characters are easily frightened but are less likely to turn to hatred and violence). Breaking a Core Vulnerability before the matching Minor Vulnerability will make the Chosen hate each other, which makes them take longer to show up to help each other and easier to defeat in the final battle.

If it's a Minor Vulnerability, doing circumstance damage is easier but doing trauma damage is harder (Minor Dignity characters are shameless and don't resist as hard to getting their clothes ripped off). Breaking a Minor Vulnerability before the matching Core Vulnerability will make the Chosen like each other when you do break the Core Vulnerability, which makes them show up sooner and they become less willing to kill each other in the final battle.

Getting long surround chains and breaking vulnerabilities requires the use of a commander in my experience; the early game mostly entails doing trauma damage and saving up Evil Energy for your first commander, and at that point you should be trying to get breaks.

TheToadEmperor

Oct 27, 2018
Retreating on the first encounter in cheat mode makes the game hang. I was trying to skip through to having three chosen to test some things.

Also, as somebody who has trouble remembering which chosen is which, I think some minor UI tweaks would go a long way in helping me differentiate them over the course of the fight.
Note that the reference to Void by Axiom is not colored, but references to specific chosen by the narrator are.

If this is too colorful for people, I think it'd be easy enough to have an option to use the old mode or this one.

Similarly, I think a colorblind mode that replaces the colored highlighting with Bold, Italic, and Underlined might be appreciated by people who are colorblind. I'm not though, so if a colorblind person says that'd be awful listen to them instead.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Retreating on the first encounter in cheat mode makes the game hang. I was trying to skip through to having three chosen to test some things.

Also, as somebody who has trouble remembering which chosen is which, I think some minor UI tweaks would go a long way in helping me differentiate them over the course of the fight.
Note that the reference to Void by Axiom is not colored, but references to specific chosen by the narrator are.

If this is too colorful for people, I think it'd be easy enough to have an option to use the old mode or this one.

Similarly, I think a colorblind mode that replaces the colored highlighting with Bold, Italic, and Underlined might be appreciated by people who are colorblind. I'm not though, so if a colorblind person says that'd be awful listen to them instead.
I also get confused as to who's what color. As for colorblind people, maybe you can use brackets around names like (Void), [Axiom], and <Moppet> (or {this} if <> are too intrusive). Alternatively, maybe someone might prefer dashes and lines such as \name\, |name|, and /name/.

Arachnofiend

Jul 22, 2017
Managed a successful run on my third serious attempt, one tempted femboy and one taunted futa. Basically just came down to EE management and not buying frivolous things so that I could afford the Hypno/Broadcast/Anger commander in the end. Which is good, it's good that you have to make decisions on what direction down the tech tree you want to go and can't just buy everything. The balance rework has ended up being a positive change in basically every way it can be.

Been thinking a bit about other alternate paths. I'm sure PLEA/INJU being a masochist path is one you've already thought of; I think for HATE/PLEA it'd be interesting if it was a full-on reverse rape scenario where you loosen up on the surround but the chosen forces the issue and starts fucking the thralls herself.

I'm less confident (and, admittedly, less interested) in ideas for combos that don't involve pleasure, but I could see HATE/INJU as going full on doomsaying though I don't know how that would translate into a surround type.

Elmsdor

Dec 23, 2017
Oh Lord, Tempt is EXACTLY what hits my fantasy, and it has some good teasing lines and normal anal sex!

Typically Demons are generally regarded as powerful and evil, but this Distortion ability let's us play the rare trope where they manipulate/seduce heroines/victims against their nature and win them over instead.

Not sure how many people heard of Urotsukidouji and LaBlueGirl, but in those hentai, the demons were terrifying to enemies but seductive to Human women. Demons needed corruption and sexual energy to open gateways to other worlds and what better way than to have willing female mortals as a permanent partner/conduit? Heck, one of the protagonist is a half demon herself! Naturally, there are other clans of Demons who find non-rape, distasteful but that's anime/hentai for ya!

Pretty surprised to see lots of fans who enjoy corrupting chosen who are still technical virgins too!

You're a GOD, CsDev, watching the panel more!

P.S There must be a way to Tempt Core Innocent Chosens, they make the sweetest moans!

Tebix

Sep 3, 2017
Is there a way to increase the UI? it is tiny and I don't see an option in the settings

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes