kalookalee

Feb 21, 2020
First successful final battle (although technically first final battle as well because I never actually got around to it on my first run)
Now to do it all again but optimised
Also is it worth playing on in classic mode after beating it?

1691799504923.png

megabyter5

Mar 3, 2019
Look at what the circumstances do. Pain gives 2X to all damage, including circumstance damage, and Injury gives 3x to circumstance damage, both per level. So if you have 1000 INJU and 1000 PAIN that's 2*2*3*3 36x damage just from that. EXPO also gives 2x to allies per level so with 1000 EXPO on someone else that's 144x circumstance damage. Some of these may be mitigated by trauma multipliers or other penalties but you can see what the goal is here.

It's easy to get all three chosen on loop 1 when they have no loop+ buffs stacked up if you know what you're doing. Once you understand the basics, the two earliest skills to master are using commanders effectively and stacking up angst for the bonuses.

The most common pitfall people make when learning the game is using specialty commanders (ones that do a pre-determined type of damage with no flexibility). They are used for very specific situations that don't usually apply to new players, but because they cost EE to unlock many assume they are 'better' than a typeless commander.
"Trauma multipliers or other penalties" being where it says x1/2? I don't really understand what's causing that, but I keep ending up with totals of like, 0.25x or measly increases like 1.5x.

I didn't realize Pain also added multipliers to damage, that's new information. It doesn't seem to indicate that anywhere.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
"Trauma multipliers or other penalties" being where it says x1/2? I don't really understand what's causing that, but I keep ending up with totals of like, 0.25x or measly increases like 1.5x.

I didn't realize Pain also added multipliers to damage, that's new information. It doesn't seem to indicate that anywhere.
Leveling up a trauma will add a negative modifier to the associated circumstance. So for example, the higher level a Chosen's Shame is, the less Exposure damage she takes. It's why leveling up Exposure on all Chosen and Injury and Hate on the Chosen you're trying to break is necessary, as you need the positive modifiers from leveling those to offset the negative modifiers from leveling the traumas.

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Leveling up a trauma will add a negative modifier to the associated circumstance. So for example, the higher level a Chosen's Shame is, the less Exposure damage she takes. It's why leveling up Exposure on all Chosen and Injury and Hate on the Chosen you're trying to break is necessary, as you need the positive modifiers from leveling those to offset the negative modifiers from leveling the traumas.
Small correction - Trauma's will apply a scaling modifier if their level is higher than the lowest trauma, *1/(2^x) - to be exact. So if you have all Lv.4 trauma's, then you'll have no negative modifiers from trauma. Have a Lv.1 PAIN, but everything else at lv.0? INJU x 1/2 damage.

Canisebria

Nov 19, 2019
Could someone please tell me how to make the buttons bigger? They were already frustratingly small, but then they became unplayably small after I hit f11 trying to make things bigger. Windows 10.

anvimur

Apr 11, 2018
For anyone having issues with button visibility, an incredibly janky workaround is to use the magnifier tool that comes with Windows in whatever mode you find least annoying/distracting. I prefer putting magnifier on the full screen setting and having it not follow the cursor, so you can position the game window within the blown up portion of the screen and mostly play as normal

Reactions: Canisebria

Tenri278

Jan 30, 2021
So maybe this has been mentioned but couldnt nail anything down in searches, may also be CE related but the game will just randomly close itself and put out a crash report EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION, had this a few times and eventually the game would simply not load at all and sit on a black screen. Is this just me being punished for cheating or is there something else going on?

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
So maybe this has been mentioned but couldnt nail anything down in searches, may also be CE related but the game will just randomly close itself and put out a crash report EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION, had this a few times and eventually the game would simply not load at all and sit on a black screen. Is this just me being punished for cheating or is there something else going on?
Sounds like something else is going on here, I'm not sure on the specifics but I'd recommend keeping the entire folder of the current install around in case there is a problem CSDev can fix. Also, I assume by cheats, you're refering to the in game ones?

Reactions: Tenri278

Tenri278

Jan 30, 2021
I had gotten onto loop 3 before i saw the game had its own cheat option so was primarily using cheat engine. Wouldnt be shocked if that was the cause somehow, but even when i didnt use it, it would just randomly shutdown, so far not running the .jar and instead the .exe is working, but i guess if that changes ill just reset with the cheat option enabled. Weird part is it ran perfectly fine for a good while and then it just starts failing, was thinking there was possibly some overflow somewhere but cant see where it would be from

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
I don't think there's a developer out there who can be responsible for users randomly and unpredictably modifying unlabeled sections of memory to manipulate their program. Once you break out the memory editors you kind of step out of the bounds of traditional product support.

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
I had gotten onto loop 3 before i saw the game had its own cheat option so was primarily using cheat engine. Wouldnt be shocked if that was the cause somehow, but even when i didnt use it, it would just randomly shutdown, so far not running the .jar and instead the .exe is working, but i guess if that changes ill just reset with the cheat option enabled. Weird part is it ran perfectly fine for a good while and then it just starts failing, was thinking there was possibly some overflow somewhere but cant see where it would be from
Assuming that cheat engine doesn't permanently modify the .jar file, then maybe you could try removing the .sav file? Maybe there's something in the save data causing an issue.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
That said if you're already to the point of wiping your saves, there's not really anything to be lost by taking out the whole install and grabbing the latest version again.

Tenri278

Jan 30, 2021
Thanks for the replies. I had the older save from v44b so i kept going out of stubborn curiosity. Seems to be loading/retrying is what causes the crash which in retrospect makes a bit more sense to me if its holding onto previous instances when reloading, though thats just a guess, never threw CE at a java game before

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
So just a question, is there ever actually a reason to use Suppressor/Defiler/Punisher upgrades beyond doing the T3 Confidence break or any of the T4 breaks? Cause in my (admittedly limited) experience it feels like even with max duration/captures and all 3 upgrades equipped I do way more with a vastly cheaper commander.

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
So just a question, is there ever actually a reason to use Suppressor/Defiler/Punisher upgrades beyond doing the T3 Confidence break or any of the T4 breaks? Cause in my (admittedly limited) experience it feels like even with max duration/captures and all 3 upgrades equipped I do way more with a vastly cheaper commander.
Definer+Suppressor is my go to for late-game progress. But, I almost never use a max duration commander. I find that you don't actually want to capture a chosen too long initially, instead you want to capture them just long enough for the commander capture to run out when a new chosen enters the battle. Maybe that doesn't matter much if every chosen has a T3 Confidence break.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
You can use all of them together to make a commander that just wrecks chosen. Very expensive though.

Also, the fact they don't allow chosen to use T1 breaks can be helpful for maintaining distortions.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Definer+Suppressor is my go to for late-game progress. But, I almost never use a max duration commander. I find that you don't actually want to capture a chosen too long initially, instead you want to capture them just long enough for the commander capture to run out when a new chosen enters the battle. Maybe that doesn't matter much if every chosen has a T3 Confidence break.
Yeah I was just mentioning max duration/capture as an example, I usually don't use maxed duration/capture commanders unless I'm trying for something specific, though in my current loop I had all three with T3 Morality and Confidence breaks so I kinda needed max duration commanders just to limit the number of free turns any of them had as much as possible.

Though what combo of Defiler+Suppressor do you use, cause even when I use Defiler+Suppressor I always do just way more using the same commander but without those.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
You can use all of them together to make a commander that just wrecks chosen. Very expensive though.

Also, the fact they don't allow chosen to use T1 breaks can be helpful for maintaining distortions.
Ehh, like I said I find myself doing way more without them than with. So what are you doing to get them to wreck the Chosen.

It's honestly funny you mention maintaining distortions as in my recent loop I actually ruined a distortion path because I did so much damage in a single battle that they jumped from no T3 breaks to multiple with one interfering with the distortion plan (while also skipping the T2 break). Granted that was more my fault since I was trying to do a Negotiation distortion on another Chosen at the same time and had delayed the other distortion so that the trauma/angst reset wouldn't prevent me from doing the Negotiation distortion like what happened the loop before it.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Ehh, like I said I find myself doing way more without them than with. So what are you doing to get them to wreck the Chosen.

It's honestly funny you mention maintaining distortions as in my recent loop I actually ruined a distortion path because I did so much damage in a single battle that they jumped from no T3 breaks to multiple with one interfering with the distortion plan (while also skipping the T2 break). Granted that was more my fault since I was trying to do a Negotiation distortion on another Chosen at the same time and had delayed the other distortion so that the trauma/angst reset wouldn't prevent me from doing the Negotiation distortion like what happened the loop before it.
Nothing complicated. Put every upgrade on one commander, send them at the chosen, you now have a one-click option to do all four types of damage (if you spread the specialized ones right) in very high amounts while exploiting T3 vulnerability multipliers. Regular commanders take multiple turns to stack up all the damage types so you're moving much faster.

obviously anything can mess up a distortion path if you use it wrong but you're not getting someone to 10k INJU with no T1 break unless you use a specialized commander.

3.80 star(s) 55 Votes