Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Completed Corruption: Better Experience [v2.02] [anne O'nymous]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Updated the mod to add what I talked about few weeks ago. I've split the "events tracker" in two parts, separating pure events and secondary characters. Now you have a better vision of what happen (or have still to happen) in the game, and you can change the corruption of secondary characters. But there's a limitation to that change...
Like I said previously, there no constancy in the corruption level of those characters. So I had to make a choice, and when you change a value, the change will always be of 1 unit. So, sometimes you'll have to change the value more than once to see an effective change in the game.
Besides this, it function like for the main characters. Which mean that you can't raise a level further than what it's effectively in the game, and the level is reset when you use a potion on the character. And it also function like for the "event tracker" it's part of. Therefore, by default you'll see "****" until you raise the level for the first time ; note that you can safely turn back a level to 0, without seeing the "***" again. As usual, this can be changed in the configuration interface.

Note that it's still to see as a Work In Progress. There shouldn't have problems, but I can have missed something, so don't hesitate to tell me if something goes wrong for you, or if I forgot a secondary character.

Also note that I haven't been able to fix the error in school. It would need to duplicate two too big labels, which would break the compatibility of the mod with previous and future versions.
Did what I posted for the pool not work? Or was there another error besides the one at the pool? Or you mean it's not compatible with your level modifications?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Did what I posted for the pool not work? Or was there another error besides the one at the pool? Or you mean it's not compatible with your level modifications?
The last one.
It's already a risk to duplicate labels like "out" (the main menu once outside of the house), or like "utopia2" (entry of Utopia), but they're labels that present few risk of change. At one time Mr.C will perhaps add a level for corruption for the girl who guide you in Utopia, and probably change "out" to be something visual like he did last time with the School. But it will happen once, then the content will be freeze for... well, if my memory don't betray me, "out" haven't changed since the 0.25 so it's already more than 30 updates that it haven't changed.
But for the labels I need to duplicate to fix the school, he'll change the content twice a year, perhaps more if he also proceed to some correction of his English.

Reactions: yoyomistro

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
The last one.
It's already a risk to duplicate labels like "out" (the main menu once outside of the house), or like "utopia2" (entry of Utopia), but they're labels that present few risk of change. At one time Mr.C will perhaps add a level for corruption for the girl who guide you in Utopia, and probably change "out" to be something visual like he did last time with the School. But it will happen once, then the content will be freeze for... well, if my memory don't betray me, "out" haven't changed since the 0.25 so it's already more than 30 updates that it haven't changed.
But for the labels I need to duplicate to fix the school, he'll change the content twice a year, perhaps more if he also proceed to some correction of his English.
Gotcha. Thanks for being so diligent with modding this game, this was actually one of the first games I started changing scripts for and your mod really helped with figuring everything out. Hopefully it doesn't get too complex in the future but at least it's better coded than most of the Honey Select clones that came after it =P.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Does this mod still work with the latest versions?
It's wrote on the first page, I always edit it to be accurate. This even when I there's no effective update of the mod:
Game Version: 0.40 to 1.50
Anyway, the mod is designed to works whatever the version ; especially the future ones. The worse that have happened until now (so in one and half year), is that players had to disable the part related to the User Interface when Mr.C changed it.

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
It's wrote on the first page, I always edit it to be accurate. This even when I there's no effective update of the mod:
Might want to change this then:

> As long as there isn't major change in the parts used by this mod

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Might want to change this then:

> As long as there isn't major change in the parts used by this mod
Why ?
The fact is that, since the version 0.40, there were only one major change in the parts used by this mod ; when Mr.C changed the User Interface. Even the addition of the second part of the town isn't a change, just an addition. Things like this will potentially not be covered by the previous version of the mod, but in no way it can prevent it to works correctly or made it break the game.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I can't find the home button
It's not a button, it's a key in your keyboard. Either named "home", or represented by an arrow going from right bottom to left top. Generally near the "insert", "suppr(ess)" and "end" key.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Hello , is your mod will be working with new release 1.60 or need to be updated ? Thank you
As I said almost every month, unless there's a very big change (which happened only once since the version 0.40 of the game), yes the mod will works. The worse that can happen is that the additions will not be take in count until I update the mod. But even in this case it will not prevent the mod to works.

Reactions: yoyomistro

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
yes the mod will works
It works just fine.

I have a question though. The changelog contains the line
Megan home visiting scene bug fixed
I don't know if this refers to Megan visiting your home (e.g. calling her over via phone) or you visiting her at her home. Both seemed to work and still work. I always played with your mod so maybe it's because of you? The only bug I can think of is the one I mentioned before: The Megan and husband at home scene is still accessable even after you enslaved her and this scene is still there even after the update.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
It works just fine.
Thanks.

I don't know if this refers to Megan visiting your home (e.g. calling her over via phone) or you visiting her at her home.
Er... Honestly I don't remember. I can't, alas, fix all the bugs, some need to change too many things and would break the compatibility with the future updates. So I need to look at the code to know better what bug it is, and I'll be able to do this only after works.
But, according to the game thread, Mr.C fixed an old bug regarding Megan, perhaps it's this one and perhaps his fix interfere with mine.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes